Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terry Norris vs Fernando Vargas
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
PR316
When Terry was on his game he was damn near unstoppable. Problem is that he sometimes fought very dumb and he would make costly mistakes like in the 1st Simon Brown fight for instance. Vargas was a strong talented guy who IMO didn't have the overall discipline to make it in this game for the long term but pre-Trinidad, he was a very good fighter I thought. He was definitely the hottest young champion in boxing prior to that fight with Trinidad and everyone saw alot of promise in him. He was strong, had decent power, very good bodypuncher, and he could box. His problem was his defense I feel, and his tendency to really blow up in weight in between fights sapped his stamina.

That said, I think Terry stops him late, and Big G would agree with me I think. Vargas would fight bravely and I think at some points he does hurt Terry and causes him alot of problems. But I think Norris hand speed, footwork, and combination punching would carry the day. Norris finishes off Vargas with a hook in the 10th round and the ref waves the fight off.
kidbazooka1
It's hard to believe that Vargas was once one of the best in the game from 98-01 he was a bad ass but his prime didn't last very long. The Vargas that fought Quartey could give any 154lb in history a tough fight. The obvious pick here would be Norris but lets not forge that fragil chin of his and Vragas was a pretty good puncher at 154lb.

My pick would be Norris but I wound't be suprised if Vargas were to stop him either.
JonnyBlaze
I gotta go with Norris for sure..Vargas was tough and everything but I think PR is right with his breakdown..I think Norris would stop him late..I don't think Vargas would give him as much problems as we think..His power would but I think Norris would put it to him..
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 13 2009, 07:05 PM) *
It's hard to believe that Vargas was once one of the best in the game from 98-01 he was a bad ass but his prime didn't last very long. The Vargas that fought Quartey could give any 154lb in history a tough fight. The obvious pick here would be Norris but lets not forge that fragil chin of his and Vragas was a pretty good puncher at 154lb.

My pick would be Norris but I wound't be suprised if Vargas were to stop him either.

Co-sign. Prime Vargas was a BEAST. It's a shame we never saw his full potential, thanks to Tito "Illegal Wraps" Trinidad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.