Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clottey vs Quintana
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
It's a pretty good under card fight and definitely makes the Pavlik-Williams card that much better.

Should be an interesting fight. We seen Clottey fall short but look impressive in his fights with Margarito and Cotto and then won against the small Judah and Corrales, so a fight with Quintana should be in between his wins against the smaller guys and losses against the top tier guys, so we should see how he goes and a good test for him. I think Clottey should win this one based on what I have seen recently, but only seen both guys bigger fights before. But I look forward to this fight as well on the undercard whcih should be a good night of boxing all round.
PR316
Rooting for Quintana but I still think Clottey will decision him clearly. Too much skill.
The Original MrFactor
This turned out to be a great card. Quintanna definately has the movement to steal one from Clottey. Should be a great fight. May actually be as good as the main event.
King Eugene
If Carlos can box similar to what he did the first time against Williams and stays the busier fighter he edges out a decision over Clottey. I think Clottey needs a win big here. They way he DIDN'T finish the fight against Cotto still makes me suspect of Clottey.
JaRaNDa
Good match up for both fighters, as it will really put the winner a step closer to a world title & spot light again. A break from all the politics of boxing that has surrounded us for the last couple of years. Not to mention the main event this is really shaping up to be a great boxing card. I want to see more match ups like this more often, with guys evenly matched within divisions not to benifet on money & PPV sales but for the benifet of the sport, divisions & rankings!
salvador
Clottey kos Quintana in 4.

That said, you really have to love the fact that Quintana (like Williams and Clottey) is obviously willing to fight ANYONE. God Bless him for that.
D-MARV
Draw.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 13 2009, 07:30 AM) *
Draw.

Absolutely would not shock me...
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 13 2009, 07:50 AM) *
Absolutely would not shock me...

Looking at thier respective styles, this fight has "Draw" written all over it. No one will win clearly.
Douchebag
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 13 2009, 03:17 AM) *
Clottey kos Quintana in 4.

That said, you really have to love the fact that Quintana (like Williams and Clottey) is obviously willing to fight ANYONE. God Bless him for that.

Based off of what will Clottey KO Quintana if 4. I swear sometimes I'm baffled with some of the shit you post.
salvador
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Oct 13 2009, 08:03 AM) *
Based off of what will Clottey KO Quintana if 4. I swear sometimes I'm baffled with some of the shit you post.

BAsed on what Clottey did to Judah, based on what both Williams and Cotto did to Quintana, based on the fact that Clottey's punches are short and heavy and straight and he'll be the much bigger man in the ring, based on my belief that Quintana's chin was severely damaged in the Williams fight, and based on my belief that Clottey knows this is probably his last big tv shot and I believe he'll do everything necessary to knock out the smaller, less skilled man.

Cotto and Williams were both able to blow through Quintana and get early stoppages and I have no idea why Clottey would be any less of a threat. He might not have Cotto's power or Williams' workrate, but with the exception of the first Williams fight, I've never seen anything in Quintana that was particularly impressive. And there's no way Quintana will be able to dodge Clottey's punches like he did with Williams. Clottey's too quick and accurate and those punches are going to be heavy on Quintana's fragile chin. And there's no way Quintana will be able to hurt Clottey, as nobody has yet and all of Quintana's kos were against very limited opposition.

We'll see soon enough.

D-MARV
Clottey couldn't break tissue with his punches.
streetlion1
Clottey has solid power. I see him out boxing and possibly putting CQ down a time or two in this fight...I think he wins by U.D.
Big Slim Sweet
Clottey wins this one handily.
Douchebag
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 13 2009, 12:11 PM) *
Clottey couldn't break tissue with his punches.

Exactly! When the fuck did Clottey become some kind of monster? I'm not saying that he can't KO Carlos or get a decision but he has never shown to be this big bad boogie man that some people are making him out to be.
D-MARV
Clottey is certainly gifted but this whole "Big and Strong" crap is OVERRATED. Quintana will go the full 12.
kidbazooka1
Quintana is the more skilled fighter IMO even tough he got stopped in the 1st rd in the rematch with PW that could have very well just been him getting caught cold not saying he would have beaten PW but we seen what he could do in the 1st fight.

Quintana by UD.
JaRaNDa
I think this is a pretty close fight but something is telling me Quintana may pull off the win if he fights the right fight all night. Clottey has made good/close fights from Margs, Cotto & a much smaller Corales but I think he may struggle a bit more if Quintana can stick and move with combinations as he did against the much bigger Williams.
Vodoo
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 13 2009, 11:52 AM) *
BAsed on what Clottey did to Judah, based on what both Williams and Cotto did to Quintana, based on the fact that Clottey's punches are short and heavy and straight and he'll be the much bigger man in the ring, based on my belief that Quintana's chin was severely damaged in the Williams fight, and based on my belief that Clottey knows this is probably his last big tv shot and I believe he'll do everything necessary to knock out the smaller, less skilled man.

Cotto and Williams were both able to blow through Quintana and get early stoppages and I have no idea why Clottey would be any less of a threat. He might not have Cotto's power or Williams' workrate, but with the exception of the first Williams fight, I've never seen anything in Quintana that was particularly impressive. And there's no way Quintana will be able to dodge Clottey's punches like he did with Williams. Clottey's too quick and accurate and those punches are going to be heavy on Quintana's fragile chin. And there's no way Quintana will be able to hurt Clottey, as nobody has yet and all of Quintana's kos were against very limited opposition.

We'll see soon enough.
Did you know that Quintana has been campaigning at 154 lbs and actually requested a catchweight of 151 lbs for this fight? Clotteys camp declined that and instead settled for a 149 lb catchweight. I also read an interview where Clottey's last trainer says that Clottey is pretty unprofessional and unfocused when it comes to training and even went so far as to say numerous sexual exploits with his girlfriend the last few days before the Cotto fight is probably what caused him to fade down the stretch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.