Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mike Tyson: On Death of his Daughter
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
This some shit, man...

kidbazooka1
Thats horrible i feel for Mike you can see he's hurting big time.

Poor guy just can't catch a break i really hope things get better for him.
BigG
Pretty sad he's calling his daughter his little angel while seeing her picture....Hope things get well for Tyson and RIP to his daughter. Tyson forever still the most exciting Heavyweight fighter I ever watched although he came before my time though...Eveyrtime I see him being interviewed he is such a troubled headcase (bipolar manic depressive) but you can't help but feel he is so real at least.
Yucayeke
Definitely a heart wrencing moment. Shows you his human side, tragic is his story. After Buster it all went downhill it seems
Warlord
Can't load the video for some reason, but it sounds like you guys are referring to the Oprah clip. Really emotional, touching stuff from Mike. I don't think there is a person in the world today with half a heart who isn't hoping like hell Mike gets it all together and finds some sort of peace at last.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 14 2009, 01:47 PM) *
This some shit, man...

thanks for this post meth... i am out of town working and missed this show....

as sad as the situation is i am glad tht finally people are getting to know the other side of mike tyson... i hate it when people go off of what they hear about the guy and not really knowing the "man" and base opinions about the guy... mike was not the animal he was made out to be, rather i never believed he was, and again as sad as this short segment of the show can show, it shows he is as human with feelings as the next person... i also hate it when people call him semi retarded etc... the guy is very far from that.. yes he made terrible decisions in life (and not talking about the rape cuzz i still dont think he did that) but in all when you look back at his life he was one of the most tragic could have been stories in all of sports of all times if you ask me... i wish him all the best with the rest of what ever time he has on this earth... he deserves it in my opinion...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Yucayeke @ Oct 14 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Definitely a heart wrencing moment. Shows you his human side, tragic is his story. After Buster it all went downhill it seems

his life was spiraling downhill way before the buster douglas fight....
Yucayeke
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 15 2009, 01:12 AM) *
his life was spiraling downhill way before the buster douglas fight....

This is true, but Buster was the proverbial straw wasn't he. Either way damn shame, I hope some good comes his way
Spyder
I watched the show the other day...Mike got choked up a lot, pretty much the entire show. Talking about his daughter, and the death of Cus affected him the most.

It was really cool to see him light up anytime they put a picture of his kids in the plasma. He would just stop whatever he was talking about, turn around and laugh. He loves his family, and he definitely deserves his wife who seemingly loves him back.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Yucayeke @ Oct 14 2009, 08:19 PM) *
This is true, but Buster was the proverbial straw wasn't he. Either way damn shame, I hope some good comes his way

i dont think douglas was any kind of proverbial straw.... his personal life was in shambles almost a good 3 or 4 years before that fight... tyson was known to be able to fight through adversity... i think the douglas fight came at a time when tyson just thought he just had to show up to win a fight... if anything i think that was the first time the world would see that side of tyson cuzz afterwards he would go on to beat the tough ruddock twice in thrillers and went back to that same mindset.. actually i think ruddock was the last fights tyson really gave his all in training camps,i personally think his heart was out of the sport after the spinks fight... people seem to forget that talk down on him that he actually tried to retire at the post fight press conference for the spinks fight... he was done then, a certain bushy haired promoter was in his ear and offered him easy fights to continue.... my opinion cuzz i dont know for sure on that... but i think everything after that was done on memory and what not till most natural skill level was gone... sad but like i like to say it is what it is...
Method
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 14 2009, 10:52 PM) *
I watched the show the other day...Mike got choked up a lot, pretty much the entire show. Talking about his daughter, and the death of Cus affected him the most.

It was really cool to see him light up anytime they put a picture of his kids in the plasma. He would just stop whatever he was talking about, turn around and laugh. He loves his family, and he definitely deserves his wife who seemingly loves him back.

Yeah, boys, I posted that one clip, butyou can catch them all on youtube. That interview CRUSHED it. Mike wore it all out there on his sleeve, and I gotta give every once of respect I have for him for that. It's really, really great stuff. Really great. And, as Warlord says, you really cant help but root for this guy.

I really believe that he HAS found peace in his life, based on the interview...

...then again, it could have been the lithium talking.
Spyder
Oprah is having Mike and Holyfield in studio on Friday.

They'll answer questions from the audience, and I'm sure they'll do plenty of talking about the ear bite incident. Hopefully we'll get some cool stories about them training together as amateurs.

I've gone my entire life without giving a shit about Oprah, and now she has me watching TWO shows in the same week....F'n Oprah.

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 14 2009, 10:43 PM) *
actually i think ruddock was the last fights tyson really gave his all in training camps,

No way....BOTH Rudduck AND Mike came in fat as hell for the second fight.
Lil-lightsout
Very sad to watch. Never a big fan of his coming up in boxing, I was a Holyfield fan, but I definately root for Mike in life now.
xxxxxx
Just watched the entire interview on youtube. It was very interesting, but sad. I wish the future hall of famer peace and happiness.
singletrack
Yah - my brother forwarded this to me the other day. Really sad man. I've always been a Tyson fan, and I've always pulled for him. A lot of it is how own doing, but the guy has really been fucked over as well. But hey, that's life. A few things in Mike's management go differently and his whole life could have been different. Very sad.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Oct 15 2009, 10:31 AM) *
No way....BOTH Rudduck AND Mike came in fat as hell for the second fight.

tyson wasnt fat for that second fight... what was his weight round 221 or so?... thats a little over his peak fighting weight at the time but i dont remember him being fat...

he weighed 216 for the second fight 217 for the first.. just looked it up on boxrec.com...
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 15 2009, 09:00 PM) *
tyson wasnt fat for that second fight... what was his weight round 221 or so?... thats a little over his peak fighting weight at the time but i dont remember him being fat...

he weighed 216 for the second fight 217 for the first.. just looked it up on boxrec.com...

Yeah but go back and rewatch the fights.....he may have been the same number wise but he was a LOT softer looking than the first fight....but so was Rudduck.

ALSO...I've got to get this off my chest...

I'd like to know where all the F'N faggots are that ALWAYS post and spew BS about Evander Holyfield and his multiple kids with multiple women...YET....all I'm hearing is crickets at the moment!

Mike Tyson is no better in that respect...YET I NEVER see him called out on it.

Maybe if he actually lived with this kid or the mother this shit would not have happened.

Don't get me wrong I feel bad that the situation took place....but I'm not going to be giving Mike a Blue Ribbon "Dad of the Year" award any time soon just because he blubbers a little on the Ophra Winfrey show.

Personally. I myself don't have an issue with either of these men spreading their seed all over the planet...it does not affect my view of them as entertaining fighters that I enjoyed watching....at the moment I'm calling out the hypocracy of the situation.

I always wondered if people that gave Holy shit for it were really just sour grape Tyson fans using another topic to bash a guy they hate for beating their man.....that way they could rip on Holy for something OTHER than boxing ability which we all saw who was the better fighter in that respect.

All this total silence about the SAME EXACT issue makes me think I was right.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Oct 16 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Yeah but go back and rewatch the fights.....he may have been the same number wise but he was a LOT softer looking than the first fight....but so was Rudduck.

ALSO...I've got to get this off my chest...

I'd like to know where all the F'N faggots are that ALWAYS post and spew BS about Evander Holyfield and his multiple kids with multiple women...YET....all I'm hearing is crickets at the moment!

Mike Tyson is no better in that respect...YET I NEVER see him called out on it.

Maybe if he actually lived with this kid or the mother this shit would not have happened.

Don't get me wrong I feel bad that the situation took place....but I'm not going to be giving Mike a Blue Ribbon "Dad of the Year" award any time soon just because he blubbers a little on the Ophra Winfrey show.

Personally. I myself don't have an issue with either of these men spreading their seed all over the planet...it does not affect my view of them as entertaining fighters that I enjoyed watching....at the moment I'm calling out the hypocracy of the situation.

I always wondered if people that gave Holy shit for it were really just sour grape Tyson fans using another topic to bash a guy they hate for beating their man.....that way they could rip on Holy for something OTHER than boxing ability which we all saw who was the better fighter in that respect.

All this total silence about the SAME EXACT issue makes me think I was right.

wow bg there seems to be some hidden hostility there... lol...
JonnyBlaze
Did anyone see Holyfield and Tyson together??That was good stuff!!I really liked watching that..Just like Lil-Lightsout,I wasn't much of a Tyson fan but I am rooting for him now..I have bashed Tyson on here and I feel bad now because of the kinda person he became..He admits to his wrong doings and really feels bad..I think Holyfield did a huge thing by doing what he did on the show..Evander is a perfect role model(besides with girls)..Girls are Holy's biggest flaw..No one is perfect though..

It was really dope seeing them together again..Holy is still in great shape,Tyson isn't..hahaha..It's all good though,he needs to work on life before thinking about his weight in my opinion..

I wish Tyson the best..
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 17 2009, 03:57 AM) *
Evander is a perfect role model(besides with girls)..Girls are Holy's biggest flaw..

See....this is what I'm talking about.

These two dudes are one in the same on this particular topic....YET....only one is ever called on it.

I don't get it.
Fadetwist
Wow, Damn Mike your a human being. That makes me sad.
Spyder
Yeah, I saw that shit. Oprah tried to put Mike on blast, but he didn't budge.

Why are women so enamored by the ear bite incident? That shit happened 12 years ago. There are FAR more intriguing events and developments between these two that are a lot more current.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.