Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Naazim Richardson underrated?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kingknockout
cus i hear all this talk about freddie roach this and the other black headed bald guy back here that was so popular.
but it doesnt seem like bernards trainer gets enough respect.

Edit: buddy Mcgirt lol, yeah thats it
D-MARV
LOL
kingknockout
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 14 2009, 07:46 PM) *
LOL

i wasnt saying bernards trainer was named buddy mcgirt, im saying that was the black bald headed guy i couldnt remember at first.
bernards trainer has like a muslim name
kidbazooka1
McGirt is a shitty trainer.

Hopkins trainer Nazim Richardson is better in my opinion.
Keith
Can a Mod shut this thread down? Its clearly not up to par for the forum.
KookedKrack
da fuck? you couldn't even google his name before making this shitty thread? dry.gif
The CEO
lol...let me fix the title of this thing.
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 15 2009, 01:39 AM) *
lol...let me fix the title of this thing.

What was the original title?
King Eugene
Lets add Buddy Mcgirt to the list of boxing affiliates that shouldn't be mentioned on these boards again.
The CEO
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 15 2009, 12:14 AM) *
What was the original title?

Let's just say Richardson's name escaped kingknockout...lol
Douchebag
LMAO @ this thread.
rusty_trombone
All I know is, this guy found illegal wraps on two different fighters. That's a pretty good record
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Oct 15 2009, 08:47 PM) *
All I know is, this guy found illegal wraps on two different fighters. That's a pretty good record

Naazim is a great trainer. He is def a top 3. Remember when Roach said BHop was finished after Calzaghe and shouldn't fight Pavlik. Naazim thought otherwise.
Method
QUOTE (BIGTIMETIMMY @ Oct 16 2009, 12:29 PM) *
Naazim is a great trainer. He is def a top 3. Remember when Roach said BHop was finished after Calzaghe and shouldn't fight Pavlik. Naazim thought otherwise.

And both he AND John David Jackson had some choice words for Freddie Roach and his abilities.
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 16 2009, 12:54 PM) *
And both he AND John David Jackson had some choice words for Freddie Roach and his abilities.

We just interviewed him on my show and he discussed his role in the Calzaghe camp, why he wasn't head trainer, and that he would have done a few things differently.
Method
Which show, brother? Point me in the right direction.

Naaz is awesome to talk boxing with.
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 16 2009, 01:13 PM) *
Which show, brother? Point me in the right direction.

Naaz is awesome to talk boxing with.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/OnTheGrind/20...-Boxing-Podcast

He is on around the hour mark
Method
Can I FFWD to it?
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 16 2009, 02:06 PM) *
Can I FFWD to it?

I never actually tried but I think you can
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't think you can say he's underrated since he really hasn't done as much as some other guys do. From what I hear he's been around for a long time and works a lot behind the scenes but other than being second fiddle to Bouie Fisher for years and training Mosley for 1 fight, I don't think he has done enough to either be considered underrated or overrated. I will say this though, from what he has done he seems like a very smart guy and good tactician. He's not just a cheerleader in the corner like other so called trainers we see on a daily basis. I think that based on Mosley's performance more high profile fighters will contact him and then we will be able to judge him more accurately.
Method
Not for nothing, but for the last handful of fights or so while Bouie was on board, Naaz was really the guy doin all work behind the scenes.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 16 2009, 04:17 PM) *
Not for nothing, but for the last handful of fights or so while Bouie was on board, Naaz was really the guy doin all work behind the scenes.

Doesn't surprise me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.