Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Cotto a Dirty Fighter?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
Cotto's reply to Roach's accusation of using low blows to stop an opponent's momentum isn't good enough,...or not acceptable (?).. Cotto did not confirm nor deny the "tactics", instead he says he will continue doing the same styles he had done in the fast....to some they call it "dirty tactics", he said he calls it "Veteran Tactics:..(?)...

If "veteran tactics" is low blows, then it must be condemned... I definitely want Cotto to win this fight fair ans square without cheating...or should i say without "Veteran Tactics"... Do you agree the use of "Low blows" to hinder momentum of other fighter?... speak up man...
JD
I think Cotto can be a rough fighter who gets dirty in there when he needs to.

He isn't the first, and he will not be the last.

In fact, I think his best plan would be to get rough and dirty right away. Drill Pac low, shoulder him in the corner and rough house with him. As soon as he does that...step back and see how Pac reacts.
thehype
LOL. HE didn't say it was "Veteran Tactics".

laugh.gif

However, yes, he is a dirty fighter...just like Bernard Hopkins is a dirty fighter...it's boxing...it's the fight business...shit happens, but that's why warnings and disqualifications are given. It's the refs responsibility to limit the amount of dirt that happens throughout the course of a fight. But let's keep it real though...I think just about every fighter has a little bit of dirtiness in them...including Manny Pacquiao.
King Eugene
I don't think he is dirty. I just think he's a fighter than bends the rules. I do think that he hit Judah low and that was a difference in the fight but oh well its over with now. He'll rough house Manny up a bit before he stops him. Its going to be a long one for Manny.
thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 15 2009, 12:23 AM) *
He'll rough house Manny up a bit before he stops him. Its going to be a long one for Manny.

Hmmmmm...I don't know about that. Manny got a little thug in him...I wouldn't be surprised to see Cotto having a difficult time roughing him up. It's going to be a frustrating one for Cotto.

The closer the fight gets, the more confident I'm feeling.

Pacquiao ...maybe even sooner.

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 15 2009, 12:39 AM) *
Hmmmmm...I don't know about that. Manny got a little thug in him...I wouldn't be surprised to see Cotto having a difficult time roughing him up. It's going to be a frustrating one for Cotto.

The closer the fight gets, the more confident I'm feeling.

Pacquiao ...maybe even sooner.

laugh.gif

Yes he does but I'll still haven't forgotten the look on Manny's face when DLH landed and how fast he got the hell up out of there. DLH didn't land that much either, all I'm saying is Cotto will do a whole hell of a lot better than DLH. He'll catch up with him, bump some shoulders, and bump them nutts. laugh.gif I meant that chin!
lloyd mayflower
As little Ricky used to say, its not a fucking tickling contest. I wish Roach would shut the fuck up. Not content with draining Cotto, he wants the ref onside too. Why not just give Manny a baseball bat aswell. Cunt. I know i went with Pac in the poll, but im hoping he gets hit so hard he doesnt know if he needs a shit or a haircut.
singletrack
Roach said that Cotto would want 10 ounce gloves. He is just talking more shit...won't matter. Malignaggi talked a lot of shit and Cotto broke his face.

Pacman has a big face.
Fadetwist
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 15 2009, 05:55 PM) *
A big flat face where you could eat like a king from.

Two word that stuck out the most. I thought you were talking about something else for a moment. Selective reading here.

BIGTIMETIMMY
Cotto does what he needs to do to win. Remember Judah was putting his hands on him until those two brutal low blows. Though maybe Roach should worry more about his gameplan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.