Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd might fight 19 yr old prospect?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
kidbazooka1
I really hope Mayweather isn't too serious about this and I hope Alvarez handlers don't ruin there young prospect.

article

Alvarez HL

Saul Alvarez is a young prospect from Mexico he's only 19 yrs old with a record of 29-0-22 is being regarded as the next big thing from south of the border. I've seen the kid fight a few times he looks to be the real deal but it's too soon to say for sure he fights alot like Cotto and has a heavy right hand.
Snoop
Imagine if Mayweather loses to Alvarez. That would be hilarious. The least he would deserve if he's seriously taking this fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 15 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Haha. Don't know what to make of it, as much as I dislike Mayweather I don't think he can sink that low. I will chalk it up to a shitty article and hope they are wrong.

Thats what im thinking but there are quite a few article about this.

I doubt it will happen but for Mayweather to even consider it is a f*cking joke.
gbh32001
The debate and hate begins...............Anyway, americans will still buys this promotion. Even that 1M PPV is a fraud...I know it from the start. GBP,Taffet rigged the outcome and it's a hel of paper work to get away with the IRS.
thehype
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 15 2009, 08:00 PM) *
I really hope Mayweather isn't too serious about this and I hope Alvarez handlers don't ruin there young prospect.

article

nea.gif

1) Richard Schaefer is not Floyd's promoter.

2) Floyd never said anything about fighting the redheaded Mexican kid.

That was all just Richard Schaefer hyping up their own fighter while at the same time sucking the balls of Mayweather to ensure future business ventures. It's really amazing to see the power of a headline. LOL.

The more important thing to note though is the mindset of Richard Schaefer. It's almost as if he would rather make a Mayweather-Alvarez fight than a Mayweather-Mosley fight. I mean, if I was Mosley, I'd slap Schaefer upside his head for even mentioning some other Golden Boy fighter's name in the same sentence as Mayweather. The only fight Schaefer should be concerned with when it comes to Mayweather is Shane Mosley. Instead of praising Floyd Mayweather for being able to pick and choose his next opponent, he should be DEMANDING that Mayweather's next opponent is Shane Mosley. It's pathetic. I mean, don't get me wrong, you can blame Floyd for whatever decisions he makes, but if you were in his position and you had a guy like Schaefer basically feeding you easy competition for big dollars, you might take that easy money too. LOL. It's hard to force Mayweather to fight Mosley when Shane's own promoter isn't even really sweatin' Floyd about it like that. Pathetic.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 15 2009, 10:04 PM) *
nea.gif

That was all just Richard Schaefer hyping up their own fighter while at the same time sucking the balls of Mayweather to ensure future business ventures. It's really amazing to see the power of a headline. LOL.

The more important thing to note though is the mindset of Richard Schaefer. It's almost as if he would rather make a Mayweather-Alvarez fight than a Mayweather-Mosley fight. I mean, if I was Mosley, I'd slap Schaefer upside his head for even mentioning some other Golden Boy fighter's name in the same sentence as Mayweather. The only fight Schaefer should be concerned with when it comes to Mayweather is Shane Mosley. Instead of praising Floyd Mayweather for being able to pick and choose his next opponent, he should be DEMANDING that Mayweather's next opponent is Shane Mosley. It's pathetic. I mean, don't get me wrong, you can blame Floyd for whatever decisions he makes, but if you were in his position and you had a guy like Schaefer basically feeding you easy competition for big dollars, you might take that easy money too. LOL. It's hard to force Mayweather to fight Mosley when Shane's own promoter isn't even really sweatin' Floyd about it like that. Pathetic.

I agree Hype. More pressure should be put on Floyd. Their making it too easy on him to avoid the fight he should be fighting next. With that said, I still wouldn't be upset if Floyd fought the winner of Pac-Cotto next and then Mosley. But who knows if that will happen or not. It seems like the logical thing to do, but will they be able to make a deal? And if theres a rematch then I think the only fight that makes sense for Mayweather is the Mosley match.
Douchebag
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 15 2009, 11:04 PM) *
nea.gif

Shane is a nice guy to a fault.
torvix2000
LOL! A lot of people thought Mayweather-Marquez at welter was a joke, too. And it happened.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 16 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Haha. Don't know what to make of it, as much as I dislike Mayweather I don't think he can sink that low. I will chalk it up to a shitty article and hope they are wrong.

Well Mayweather is the Amerikkklan version of Anthony Bumdine. At least he is not a Argie cab driver...........Oh wait hang on a second he already fought one.
gbh32001
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 16 2009, 11:04 AM) *
nea.gif

Day in day out they are convincing Floyd to fight Mosley even going to the point of humiliatin him in public yet little Floyd turn down the challenge. You can't wake up a sleep pretending individual unless you smash him in the head. In the end, Floyd will pick his opponent before the Nov 14 because he is scared to fight the winner. Floyd has no balls, let alone fighting in his own league. He is the biggest Fraud out there, next to GBP and Taffet.
D-MARV
I have come to the conclusion that Floyd will not make any decisions until after Nov. 14.
BIGTIMETIMMY
I think GBP has signed or is in the process of signing Alvarez. Schaefer is just getting him hype in America. This will never happen and if it does it is a sign of the end of the world.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 16 2009, 09:07 AM) *
I have come to the conclusion that Floyd will not make any decisions until after Nov. 14.

i agree... he's in it for the money and for tat reason it would be foolish for him to make a decision before that fight...
leonthegee
this bullshit cant be serious.
lloyd mayflower
Shit leon, dont tell me u have spluttered Floyds cock out your mouth long enough to be upset with him????
Jack 1000
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 15 2009, 07:00 PM) *

article

Alvarez HL

Saul Alvarez is a young prospect from Mexico he's only 19 yrs old with a record of 29-0-22 is being regarded as the next big thing from south of the border. I've seen the kid fight a few times he looks to be the real deal but it's too soon to say for sure he fights alot like Cotto and has a heavy right hand.

Hahahaha!!!!!! I wonder what excuses the Mayweather nuthuggers will come up with for Floyd if he takes this fight! I mean he deserves a break from all the hard-punching threatening Welterweights that Floyd fought at the prime of their careers, right? LOL!

Jack
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Hahahaha!!!!!! I wonder what excuses the Mayweather nuthuggers will come up with for Floyd if he takes this fight! I mean he deserves a break from all the hard-punching threatening Welterweights that Floyd fought at the prime of their careers, right? LOL!

Jack

It will not happen it is just a way of getting Alvarez publicity by mentioning him and pbf in the same sentence. Though if for some reason it happens PBF fans won't be able to say anything. I am a PBF fan but I wouldn't be if this fight occurs.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 15 2009, 10:04 PM) *
nea.gif

I wonder Hype if Schaefer is taking this route because he wants to keep Floyd happy and he sees a longer more productive future working WITH PBF as opposed to Mosley who is nearing the end of his career DESPITE the fact that Mosley is a partner at GBP. I wonder if Shane is going to get edged out of that scene?
lloyd mayflower
" I I Im sayin tho (stupid hand clap) aint nobody beat me, aint nobody beat Alvarez, we two undefeated warriors (another stupid clap), who you think i should fight, Shane 5 losses Mosely? ai ai aint nobody beat me, who beat me? You know i bring the money, thats why im money mayweather, you know Alvarez can put 100000 people in that place they got in um, um, Mexico. (clap clap clap), What yall know about boxing anyway?"

Floyd Mayweather
Sometime next week
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 16 2009, 05:39 PM) *
" I I Im sayin tho (stupid hand clap) aint nobody beat me, aint nobody beat Alvarez, we two undefeated warriors (another stupid clap), who you think i should fight, Shane 5 losses Mosely? ai ai aint nobody beat me, who beat me? You know i bring the money, thats why im money mayweather, you know Alvarez can put 100000 people in that place they got in um, um, Mexico. (clap clap clap), What yall know about boxing anyway?"

Floyd Mayweather
Sometime next week

LOL I just cringed because I just realized it would be something he would say.
MarzB
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2009, 04:32 PM) *

Jack

This is exactly what I'm talking about here and what seems to be our issue. First of all Floyd hasn't said anything has he? Secondly you act as if those of us (huggers, oh so flattering) that like Floyd would actually defend this or anything about Floyd when that isn't the case.

LIke I said before, if it isn't "he's isn't big enough", it'll be, "he was old" or "shop worn". Floyd's expected to fight a giant LITERALLY out of retirement and as good of a performance he put on it's still criticized by the haters. How TYPICAL. Nevermind that he didn't impose his size difference in that fight at all. Heck, if I didn't know I would have thought Floyd had a size difference in comparison to that Klitchko had over Arreola.

It's really SAD that adults can't even be rational here and things have to turn into third grade name calling things.

The fact is this piece came from Schaefer's mouth. Not Ellerbe's, not Al Haymon, Nate Jones, Roger, Sr or Jeff. None of them. So how this is even being attributed to Floyd is totally beyond me.

Now if he were to take this fight I'd have no excuses money or not for him but I strongly doubt he would and that discussion isn't really a discussion until it happens. Whats hilarious is that for all the "GAYWEATHER", "OVERRATED", "He's nothing", "arrogant" he is, was etc. Folks can't seem to stop talking about him. Not even when he was retired or as I say on his sabbatical. He must be doing something right to generate that much interest.

I'll end by saying I agree with Stylez in that you'll hear nothing till after Cotto vs. Pac, period.
provo
Im a Big Mayweather fan,but if he fights this fukin red head I would be pissed that would show that he is a fukin sell out! And all that shit he was talking about oscar holding his fake image!!

Floyd your next fight better be against pac,cotto,shane,margarito,berto shit I'll even like 2 see u against bradley!
Floyd if u fight anyone else less than that caliber fighters I hope u get slept maybe then you'll get that hunger back like u had before !
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 16 2009, 10:39 PM) *

Floyd Mayweather
Sometime next week

Post of the week.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2009, 04:32 PM) *

Jack

if this fight goes down mayweather deserves what ever hate is brought his way... but im with who ever said this is a ploy by golden boy to get attention for this prospect they are in the midst of signing... no way mayweather takes a fight against an unknown like that.. if he did id hope carrot top beats him...
pcraw
The blame goes to Mosley. He is GBP Rodney Dangerfield. He gets Oscar's leftovers now. I think him divorcing Jin was one of the worst things that could have happen to him because I think she used to be his backbone for a lot of shit that GB does to him; she had the guts to pull the plug on some of that shit.
provo
QUOTE (pcraw @ Oct 16 2009, 08:03 PM) *
The blame goes to Mosley. He is GBP Rodney Dangerfield. He gets Oscar's leftovers now. I think him divorcing Jin was one of the worst things that could have happen to him because I think she used to be his backbone for a lot of shit that GB does to him; she had the guts to pull the plug on some of that shit.

LOL yeah she did! She was a crazy girl LOL had her man in check LOL, he seems lost without her ,she called the shots now he's begging to get a fight and talking shit! He never did before he had jin to do all the talking ..
The Original MrFactor
The kid reminds me of Joel Julio. I dont see Mayweather fighting him anytime soon. I do remember a clip of an interview, maybe it was ESPN during the summer where mayweather mentioned fighting some of the young up and comers. I dont think it was this kid who they had in mind. I thought of the Amir Khan's and Juan Manuel Lopez's of the world. i would not be surprised to see mayweather cherry pick Amir Khan...
maelstrom
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 01:23 AM) *
The kid reminds me of Joel Julio. I dont see Mayweather fighting him anytime soon. I do remember a clip of an interview, maybe it was ESPN during the summer where mayweather mentioned fighting some of the young up and comers. I dont think it was this kid who they had in mind. I thought of the Amir Khan's and Juan Manuel Lopez's of the world. i would not be surprised to see mayweather cherry pick Amir Khan...
Get that cherrypick shit out of your rancid mind..lol

Floyd has fought more top fighters than anybody in boxing starting from 130 clear up to 154.
Fitz
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 18 2009, 08:37 AM) *
Floyd has fought more top fighters than anybody in boxing starting from 130 clear up to 154.

I can bet you he hasn't.
maelstrom
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 17 2009, 05:57 PM) *
I can bet you he hasn't.
You don't have to bet anything..just open your eyes.

Floyd has fought and beaten far better fighters than Tony and Cotto.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 01:23 AM) *
i would not be surprised to see mayweather cherry pick Amir Khan...

I could totally see Floyd going to England to fight Amir Khan.
streetlion1
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 10:49 AM) *
You don't have to bet anything..just open your eyes.

Floyd has fought and beaten far better fighters than Tony and Cotto.

thumbsdown_anim.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Not at welter weight he hasnt!! At welter he has a yellow streak on his back...handpicking easy opponents.

While guys like Cotto and Mosley....shit even Cheato have been stepping up and fighting each other. The best in the welterweight division! Floyd is talented but certainly not unbeatable.
maelstrom
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 20 2009, 11:35 AM) *
thumbsdown_anim.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Not at welter weight he hasnt!! At welter he has a yellow streak on his back...handpicking easy opponents.

While guys like Cotto and Mosley....shit even Cheato have been stepping up and fighting each other. The best in the welterweight division! Floyd is talented but certainly not unbeatable.

Was Manuel Gomez the best fighter at 147???

LOL

Tony fought that bum on PPV.

Oscar at 154 >> Toni AND Hotto

Shane Mosely told Larry Merchant he had a toothache and needed a vacation to be with his family..then he turned around and fought Luis Collazo..lol.
maelstrom
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Oct 20 2009, 11:26 AM) *
I could totally see Floyd going to England to fight Amir Khan.
At least Floyd never stooped low enough to fight:

Manuel Gomez...Golden Johnson...Micheal Jennings...Ottke Urkal...Alphonso Gomez.

I guess you gotta be latino to fight bums like that and not get slammed for it.
MarzB
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 01:11 PM) *

Manuel Gomez...Golden Johnson...Micheal Jennings...Ottke Urkal...Alphonso Gomez.

LOL, tell me about it. You forgot to mention David Estrada and Jose DelaCruz for the other guys but those guys are "warriors" who take on ALL challengers.

The only guy that people could say Floyd had in the last 5 years that was a gimme was Henry Brusselles who is IMO Miguel Cotto lite.
Lil-lightsout
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Shane Mosely told Larry Merchant he had a toothache and needed a vacation to be with his family..then he turned around and fought Luis Collazo..lol.

Yeah, 7 months later dipshit. In 2007 after he said he wasn't fighting again in 2006.

You guys look like jackasses trying to point out all the lesser comp Cotto, Mosley and Margarito fought as well. WHO GIVES A FUCK WHEN THEY ALL FOUGHT EACH OTHER

That's the point.
maelstrom
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Oct 20 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Yeah, 7 months later dipshit. In 2007 after he said he wasn't fighting again in 2006.

You guys look like jackasses trying to point out all the lesser comp Cotto, Mosley and Margarito fought as well. WHO GIVES A FUCK WHEN THEY ALL FOUGHT EACH OTHER

That's the point.

So what if they fought each other.

They ALL had a chance to fight Floyd but didn't.

Tony chose to go ahead with his PPV fight with the shot and UNRANKED Manuel Gomez.

Cotto can't even say Floyd's name..even when asked directly.

Shane has been full of excuses since 99.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 20 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Mosley - DLH x2, Forrest x2, Wright x2, Margarito, Cotto and Vargas x2
DLH - Mosley x2, Trinidad, Vargas, Whitaker, Quartey, Mayweather, Hopkins to name a few

Are you suggesting that Castillo, Corrales, DLH (Floyd's 2 best fighters) and then Hatton, Judah, Marquez, DLH are better than the opposition Mosley and DLH have fought?
Take some of your own advice and go and open your eyes.

Mayweather fought Castillo twice.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 20 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Mayweather fought Castillo twice.

Yeah, and he really lost the first fight. And the second fight was close, but I scored it for Floyd. Now look after that second fight how his opposition dropped off ever since.

The facts are right in front of some of your eyes and yet you still refuse to give in. Unbelieveable.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 05:50 PM) *
So what if they fought each other.

They ALL had a chance to fight Floyd but didn't.

Tony chose to go ahead with his PPV fight with the shot and UNRANKED Manuel Gomez.

Cotto can't even say Floyd's name..even when asked directly.

Shane has been full of excuses since 99.

laugh.gif You EASILY take the cake as the most blank blank poster on this forum. Congrats. You're whole post is garbage.
JD
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 02:11 PM) *

Wait...didn't Cotto fight Margarito, Mosley and Clottey at welter? Didn't Margarito fight Clottey, Cotto, Mosley and Paul Williams at welter? Didn't Mosley fight Cotto, Margarito, Dela Hoya and Forrest at welter? Didn't Clottey fight Cotto and Margarito at welter?

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 20 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Wait...didn't Cotto fight Margarito, Mosley and Clottey at welter? Didn't Margarito fight Clottey, Cotto, Mosley and Paul Williams at welter? Didn't Mosley fight Cotto, Margarito, Dela Hoya and Forrest at welter? Didn't Clottey fight Cotto and Margarito at welter?

That shit don't matter JD. Cause NONE OF THEM FOOLS FOUGHT FLOYD MAYWEATHER.

Now clap along with each syllable of that last sentence and maybe you'll start to see the light.
maelstrom
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 20 2009, 05:38 PM) *

So what??

Tony and Cotto ain't shit..never was...never will be..That's why Arum will never let them anywhere near Mayweather.

Shane has had several chances to fight Mayweather and chose not to.

You can't blame every fight not happening on Floyd.
JD
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 21 2009, 05:29 PM) *
So what??

Tony and Cotto ain't shit..never was...never will be..That's why Arum will never let them anywhere near Mayweather.

Shane has had several chances to fight Mayweather and chose not to.

You can't blame every fight not happening on Floyd.

So what do you think it means?

It means they fought the top guys and toughest challenges at welterweight.

But man, Margarito and Cotto are straight garbage, no doubt. They got nothing on Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Hatton at welter and Marquez at welter. Yes, their promoters kept Margarito and Cotto and Clottey from Floyd...Mosley, he ducked Floyd to fight guys like Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright...in fact, he is ducking Floyd to fight Berto now.
Fitz
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 22 2009, 08:29 AM) *
Tony and Cotto ain't shit..never was...never will be..

So Mitchell, Brusseles, Gatti, N'Dou and Hatton were all more worthy than these guys? Haha.
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 21 2009, 06:00 PM) *
So Mitchell, Brusseles, Gatti, N'Dou and Hatton were all more worthy than these guys? Haha.

First of all, Mitchell is a slick southpaw. Bruseles is the same fighter as Cotto. Gatti was the blood and guts warrior who Cotto ducked. N'Dou entered the ring to Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" and would have beat anyone else on that night...and Hatton at welter was a proven commodity. Margarito and Cotto lose to all of them, hater!
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 21 2009, 06:03 PM) *
First of all, Mitchell is a slick southpaw. Bruseles is the same fighter as Cotto. Gatti was the blood and guts warrior who Cotto ducked. N'Dou entered the ring to Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time" and would have beat anyone else on that night...and Hatton at welter was a proven commodity. Margarito and Cotto lose to all of them, hater!

laugh.gif

Mitchell had Ray Robinson qualities about him. No doubt. Bruseles was so good, they named a city in Belgium after him. Gatti was ducked by everyone. N'dou once beat God and Hatton once beat Desperate Dan in a cow-pie eating competition, which means Floyd can beat Robinson and God in one night, destroy a city with his bare-hands, all after eating enough cow-pie to feed Russia.

No wonder Moseley is ducking him.
Fitz
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 22 2009, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Oct 22 2009, 09:16 AM) *
laugh.gif

Mitchell had Ray Robinson qualities about him. No doubt. Bruseles was so good, they named a city in Belgium after him. Gatti was ducked by everyone. N'dou once beat God and Hatton once beat Desperate Dan in a cow-pie eating competition, which means Floyd can beat Robinson and God in one night, destroy a city with his bare-hands, all after eating enough cow-pie to feed Russia.

No wonder Moseley is ducking him.

You guys are right. I stand corrected. I feel so embarrassed now. Thanks guys, I have now seen the light.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 21 2009, 05:03 PM) *

laugh.gif HILARIOUS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.