Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would you rather Potvekin face for the IBF Interim Strap?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BIGTIMETIMMY
Chambers said no so here are a few of the IBF highest ranked guys:

4 Samuel Peter United States
5 Oleg Maskaev Kazakhstan
6 Alexander Dimitrenko Ukraine
7 Ruslan Chagaev Uzbekistan
8 Denis Boytsov Germany
9 James Toney United States
10 Hasim Rahman

I say they bump Toney up in there so he can get his last shot.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BIGTIMETIMMY @ Oct 16 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Chambers said no so here are a few of the IBF highest ranked guys:

4 Samuel Peter United States
5 Oleg Maskaev Kazakhstan
6 Alexander Dimitrenko Ukraine
7 Ruslan Chagaev Uzbekistan
8 Denis Boytsov Germany
9 James Toney United States
10 Hasim Rahman

I say they bump Toney up in there so he can get his last shot.

i'd like to see what he can do with peter...
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 16 2009, 01:06 PM) *
i'd like to see what he can do with peter...

If Peter is in shape it could be a good fight. Also Tua could move up in the October Rankings. He is already 4 in the WBO. That would be an interesting fight too.
BGv2.0
Thta is a SUPER SAD list of opp.

BUT....if I had to pick off that...I'd say.

James Toney first and an in shape Peter second....I believe he beats everyone else on that list....and I think he beats these two as well....BUT...they would make me interested enough to tune in and watch.
Maxy
Toney may well be a fat old middleweight but he's the only name in that list that I'm interested in.
lloyd mayflower
Any clue why Chambers said no?
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 16 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Any clue why Chambers said no?

He told me he wanted to wait until March for Wlad
lloyd mayflower
Wlad has been sayin Povetkin will get his shot for ages now. What Chambers think he gets his shot at Wlad? Specially if Povetkin brings a belt to the table. (correct me if iv missed something)
BIGTIMETIMMY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 16 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Wlad has been sayin Povetkin will get his shot for ages now. What Chambers think he gets his shot at Wlad? Specially if Povetkin brings a belt to the table. (correct me if iv missed something)

Wlad stated a few months ago Chambers would be first. I believe Atlas wanted more time with Potvekin. They were supposed to have Wlad-Chambers in Dec but Wlad needed surgery so had to postpone
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Oh give me Toney just for old time's sake. I never want to see Peter anywhere near a wolrd title fight again the way he quit like a pussy against Vitali. He can fuck off back to where ever he came from.

Not on the list but already mentioned, Tua, yeah I'd like to see Dave in against one of the Eastern bloc robots just to see what the Thrown' Samoan's got left.
JD
Toney.
Lil-lightsout
I really want to see Toney get a shot at a belt now with his rejuvenated self, I really do not care who it is. Either way, Toney's leaving the ring with a belt. thumbsup_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
From a financial stand point (so important in boxing these days) Toney probably brings the most name recognition and dollars.
King Eugene
Toney!

I hope he doesn't perform like Chris Byrd though after the weight loss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.