Full Version: Froch 167.5; Dirrell 167.5
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

Getty Images

Getty Images

AP Photo

AP Photo
JD
Apparently Dirrell came in a half pound over and had to sweat it off.
Imperius3
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 16 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Apparently Dirrell came in a half pound over and had to sweat it off.

That worries me a little bit...but I'm still going to pick him to win.
kidbazooka1
I really hope Dirrel pulls it off.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 16 2009, 06:24 PM) *
That worries me a little bit...but I'm still going to pick him to win.

That little bit should not even affect the outcome what so ever.

Also was telling people at work about the fights this weekend, how I am so amped for them. They were like...who are they??? Nevermind.
The CEO
Froch by English Decision.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 16 2009, 07:12 PM) *
Froch by English Decision.

Give yourself a timeout with that neg shit!!!! haha! J/K kinda! Dirrell by UD 8-4 or better!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 16 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Give yourself a timeout with that neg shit!!!! haha! J/K kinda! Dirrell by UD 8-4 or better!!!

You know I keep it Real like Steel.
Douchebag
I got Direll by boxing lesson.
D-MARV
My gut tells me Dirrell toys with him but Froch has been in wars before against world class fighters. Close call but I'm rolling with Dirrell on points.
114-113, Dirrell hits the floor late but survives.
JaRaNDa
Really did not like the way Dirrell was all up in Frochs face in the final presser. Hope Froch can catch Dirrell and put him out!
JD
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Oct 16 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Really did not like the way Dirrell was all up in Frochs face in the final presser. Hope Froch can catch Dirrell and put him out!

LOL...what the hell is wrong with Dirrell?

D-MARV
LMAO... Dirrell is probably scared shitless!
JaRaNDa
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 17 2009, 03:18 AM) *

I don't know, I don't have problems with guys gettin cocky or being aggresive towards opponents as it's very entertaining, but to me no matter how good..or bad you are you gotta be able to pull it off..or you just come acorss like a dick LOL!

Dirrell appears to have a whole lota nervous energy in him, maybe he will control it & use it to his advantage come fight night?!

Getting pretty excited for the fights thumbsup_anim.gif

QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Oct 17 2009, 03:24 AM) *
Are any mods going to put polls/predictions for each fight? I know people have got their own little prediction on who they believe will win the whole tourney, but I think it would be interesting to see who the majoirty beleives will win for each fight.
It would be nice to look back at these threads as there could be a lot of twists & turns based on potential, upsets, outcomes, styles & performances which could change people opinions through out the tourney as there is still many fights to come after this week!?

JD
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 16 2009, 10:32 PM) *
LMAO... Dirrell is probably scared shitless!

LOL...he looks a little nervous and Froch looks totally puzzled by what the hell he is doing.
The Original MrFactor
Looks to be an exciting fight. I dont see Froch winning this. I think Dirrell has the speed and tools to outbox him for 12. It could be 12-0. Froch's only shot is to catch Dirrell, but I just dont see that happening. I think Froch's power is overrated.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 17 2009, 02:18 AM) *

If there wasn't any audio, I would say that Dirrell was on something. LOL. He seems nervous as hell.
King Eugene
Dirrell is about to put them hands on Froch. Its going to look like Pascal vs. The Shark! Mark my words!
lloyd mayflower
haha total high school shit! Your lucky hes holding me back or i would burst u! Dirrell looks like hes fudgin his tighty whities
Maxy
I never mind that kinda stuff usually but Dirrelll looks like a right tosser. I wish Froch had sparked him there and then.
Imperius3
IMO, Froch isn't really that talented compared to Dirrell. But Froch does have a tremendous chin and heart. Dirrell has so much more ability though. I expect Dirrell to win by a decision. I'm hoping there won't be a hometown gift.
JLUVBABY
wow.. i had dirrell possibly running away with this fight till watching that video.. he looks like one hellava nervous wreck to me...
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2009, 01:40 PM) *
wow.. i had dirrell possibly running away with this fight till watching that video.. he looks like one hellava nervous wreck to me...

I agree 100%. Like Jaranda said, if he can use his nervousness to his advantage then it could be good for him. He is obviously trying to put some fear in Froch but NO ONE gets scared from talking. If anything, the extra jaw jabbing provokes the jabbie even more. Maybe if Dirrell was talking without the 2 step it wouldnt be as bad. Dirrell needs to come out guns blazing, then he could get into Froch's head.
JD
Nervous energy like that only causes you to tire quickly.

If it is in fact nerves and he walks into the ring like that, he will be gassed before the end of 12.
Keith
Over the years I've watched boxing, its seems to me that the fighters who talk/act the craziest usually turn to pudding once they've been tagged solid. Tyson, Judah, Mayorga, Tarver, Miranda, Hamed, and Vargas come to mind in recent history. Guys who are genuinley tough or talented even after they get tagged usually dont talk much trash.... Marquez, Pac, Mosley, Lennox, PWill, Cotto, Winky, Morales, and Barera are examples.

Froch can turn Dirrel to pudding. Dirrel hasnt been tested and I think he's feeling a bit full of himself.
Maxy
Froch is gonna spank Dirrell. Andre will look all pretty early on but Carl will work him down, and prove to be the better fighter.

As for Mayorga, he was tough as old boots, he just got done by the better fighter that night.
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 17 2009, 06:55 PM) *
The only one I disagree with is Mayorga. I thought he was genuinely tough, Tito just cracked his chin and he became less resilient, but I felt he was one of the genuinely tough guys.

Ya, I can agree with that. He fights until the bitter end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.