Full Version: Taylor 166.25; Abraham 168
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images
Big Slim Sweet
Didn't realize JT was so much taller than Abraham.

Abraham KO 10.

thehype
Taylor by Split Decision
lloyd mayflower
King Arthur KO 9
JD
If this fight weren't in Germany, I would take Taylor.
D-MARV
I didn't know JT had that type of height advantage.
JD
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 16 2009, 06:14 PM) *
I didn't know JT had that type of height advantage.

LOL...I don't think anyone did.

Abraham filled out at 168 great though.
Lil-lightsout
Regardless of how dedicated and how hard JT trained for this fight, he was KO'd badly and fades in almost all his fights bigtime. Mentally, is the thing that I just do not think can be fixed with him due to his devastating losses. I think Abraham stops him at some point, but I am hoping I am wrong(which wouldn't be a stretch).
kidbazooka1
Taylor will look like a world beater for the first few rds then fall apart mid way trough the fight and get stopped.

Abraham by TKO in 8.
The CEO
Abraham by German Decision.
kidbazooka1
Wow im surprised at how many people are picking Taylor to win.
caneman
JT fades in 8 rounds(ahead on the cards)and gets brutally KTFO while on the ropes!!!!! /thread(watch)
KookedKrack
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 16 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Taylor by Split Decision

shok.gif

Abraham ko in the 10th
MarzB
JT's back is up against the wall and I'm certain he knows it. Abraham has shown he could take a punch no doubt but I thought he lost that first Miranda fight and I have zero love for Miranda's tactics that fight.

JT's lack of stamina lost him the Froch fight certainly not his ability. I think he'll school Abraham either by knockout or easy decision.

PS: Meth, I couldn't find your spoiler alert thread but win lose or draw I'll reference it and you'll either be a great predictor or .....?

Oh and KK, good looking on that "Killa Season" gif I'm about to swipe from you smile.gif
KookedKrack
ehh I have learned to NEVER put any faith in JT ....he says he is in the best shape of his life every fight yet every fight looks the same towards the end....

and Marz ill add a broad st bully gif for good measure

but let it be known that Cam>>all other rappers

JLUVBABY
i know imma kick myself for this but my gut is telling jt... i never liked him since he beat hopkins but something tells me he puts it together in this fight, boxes like he knows he can and hopefully he has figured out his stamina issue.. if he has this is a good fight... if jt wins this fight my picks are out of he and andre ward...
MarzB
Ah someone who has similar admiration in Dipset,lol. Thanks for reminding me to put Crime Pays back in my ipod before I leave.

If you could somehow get that clip in State Property 2 when they rob O. Sparks I'll love it.

Back to JT, I'm typically not fond of any "country boy", "regular guy" on screen personas (see: Brett Favre and Ricky Hatton who have also milked this persona but are rarely criticized as to how much they're playing to the camera but I digress) and JT fit that. Not to mention his generally average at best post Hopkins performances.

That said, I saw something in those Hopkins fights that I hated to admit at the time that could thrust him and even in the Froch fight I saw it. He's definitely Santa not showing up for Christmas how he under performs, true no doubt. But somehow, cross the seas, far far far from Arkanasas, everyone rooting against him. I for some reason expect him to rise to the occasion.

Too much is at stake. GONE are any potential 7 figure paydays in the future. He'll literally be an opponent (perception wise) should he lose regardless of this tourney..
JaRaNDa
I have always like Taylor who I believe is the biggest over achiever today in boxing. One thing that he does not get praised enough for JT is his willingness to always step in the ring against the best & prove himself. even if he doesn't always look great in the process he has always challenged himself. Fighting 24 rounds against a master boxer like Hopkins, 24 rounds between skilled, smart boxers like Wright/Spinks & many rounds against tough fighters in Pavlik & Froch the guy has never progressed at all which is just an absolute shame & most of all waste of experience as he has not learned or grown.

His stamina is his big downfall but I also think JT does not really have that belief in himself like a fighter should has not only did his stamina let him down in the 12th against Froch but the guy also seemed quite tense when he started getting tagged at the end as he also crumbled & not just gassed out!

Although it never occurred to me until a week or so ago that Abraham is infact moving up in weight I really do think Arthur Abraham should fill out at SMW due to his body & style as he as campaigned at MW for years now. Abraham has proven to take a serious punch (1st Miranada fight was criminal) & has some all round solid skills. I believe Arthur Abraham is being slightly overlooked in this tourney as if he doesn’t win, he will give everyone a run for their money.

Although I've always had a soft spot for JT I'm rootin for AA as he has more to offer at this point of his career. Give me Arthur Abraham by brutal KO in the 9th in an exciting fight!
JaRaNDa
I just got really amped for this tourney as I've been thinkin about it as a whole and not for each individul match up. I think Abraham moving up to face Taylor is a great match up.

Are any mods going to put polls/predictions for each fight? I know people have got their own little prediction on who they believe will win the whole tourney, but I think it would be interesting to see who the majoirty beleives will win for each fight.
It would be nice to look back at these threads as there could be a lot of twists & turns based on potential, upsets, outcomes, styles & performances which could change people opinions through out the tourney as there is still many fights to come after this week!?

GO AA!!
HaydelHammer
ab is the shortest 5'10 guy ever..lol somebody lied. JT is a smooth 6'1 and this guy looks more like 5'7 ish..damn.

I see another JT vs Joppy type fight here. JT by decision
King Eugene
Hopefully JT stuck with the doctors advice to start eating right and stop dropping weight so fast. He was told his eating habits where the reason for his stamina problems. If JT doesn't gas I think he'll get a decision over Abraham and his turtle shell defense. JT just got to make sure he dont get caught with nothing big late.

Ward and Dirrell are my picks to win this thing though.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 16 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Regardless of how dedicated and how hard JT trained for this fight, he was KO'd badly and fades in almost all his fights bigtime. Mentally, is the thing that I just do not think can be fixed with him due to his devastating losses. I think Abraham stops him at some point, but I am hoping I am wrong(which wouldn't be a stretch).

Agree. I'm rooting for JT, but I just cant see him winning because of the issues that he continues to have.
Imperius3
Honestly, I give Taylor the least chance of all to win this tournament. I think he stopped caring after he made all his money. After some competitive early rounds, I expect Taylor to gas late after mostly hitting Abraham's gloves. Abraham is better and smarter, and I think he will take Taylor out late in the fight. Abraham TKO 11
pacco_diablo
I'm not sure how many of you saw that "Countdown" type show that Showtime had on the Super Six but Taylor talked about going to the doctor and asking why was he getting so tired late in his fights. The doctor told him it was because he was losing up to 20 lbs. before his fights. Taylor talked about how he is now walking around at his fighting weight. I think this is enough to give him that 1 round that he has seemed to need. I dont think he will need it though. Taylor will come out strong and will make a statement. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Taylor wins by KO in under 5 rounds.

Taylor has nothing else to lose. Taylor is expected to lose. All this equals a huge night for Taylor.
D-MARV
I gotta tell you, Those 4-1 odds for a JT decision is looking pretty damn tempting right now. I'll drop a small wager.
Method
How about a little JT/Dirrell parlay!

$50 wins you $300
Keith
Taylor by split decision. Something tells me that Abraham barely gets a sniff of JT because of the height/reach advantage. JT plays it safe and works the jab. Abraham gets 1 judge because its in Germany.
The CEO
How about some CHAT for this one?

Method
Looks like you did. Taylor got KO'd w 6 seconds to go in the fight.
MarzB
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 17 2009, 07:32 PM) *
Looks like you did. Taylor got KO'd w 6 seconds to go in the fight.

Wow. Kudos to your spoiler alert post. REally wanted you to be wrong but guess not.

Ok, I'm officially now off of the Taylor kool aid.
D-MARV
I think Arthur has a say in the P4P top 10.
Method
NO fucking way.
BigG
I didn't see the fight but please....Not yet top 10.
BrutalBodyShots
Nice play Fitz!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 17 2009, 08:42 PM) *
I think Arthur has a say in the P4P top 10.

Not because of Taylor. I think he will stop Dirrell too. I think Kessler will give him some problems too, however I think AA will beat Kessler.
Fitz
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 18 2009, 12:55 PM) *
Nice play Fitz!

Thanks man. I was about to put $100, but my confidence was a little low because that's how much I lost when I put money on a Mayweather stoppage a few weeks ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.