Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxers and MMA Fighters' Takehome Difference...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
An MMA fighter goes thru a rigid training just as a boxer will before a fight,...but it seems, there is a very big gap when it comes to their monetary reward. Is the boxer over-paid?...or it is the MMA fighter who is actually underpaid?.... What do you think are the reasons?...

I've just learned that Cotto will bring home a little over $ 10M (US Dollars) in his coming fight against Pacquiao...and how about Pacquiao?..well, Arum said Manny will received over $ 20M (US Dollars)... Can we say the same with Brock and Carwin of the MMA?...

“I take great pride in this fight,” Arum told Rick Folstad of TheSweetScience.com. “We have two guys who are going to make their biggest payday on November 14. Pacquiao will make over $20 million and Cotto will make over $10 million. And I helped create that.”....What is Mr Dana White doing to help his fighters?...well,...the right question should be : What is the reasons MMA fighters are underpaid?.... maybe you know the answers?...let us know...
lloyd mayflower
Underpaid? Id like to see some figures but i think the worst we could say about them is that they get less than boxers, who are disgustingly, obscenely overpaid, along with most other top sportsmen. Lets be real here, i doubt any of these guys are near the bread line, and what more can anyone realistically ask for during a global financial crash?
Lil-lightsout
Maybe the elite star boxers make big bucks, but the no namers usually do not make all that much.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 17 2009, 02:21 PM) *
Maybe the elite star boxers make big bucks, but the no namers usually do not make all that much.

Exactly. Let's not take the small outliers of boxing superstars and base our judgments solely on that. For every Manny Pacquiao being paid 20mil for one fight, there's 1,000 Filipino fighters fighting for probably 2 dollars a round. Boxers aren't overpaid, it's that the money isn't evenly distributed.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 17 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Exactly. Let's not take the small outliers of boxing superstars and base our judgments solely on that. For every Manny Pacquiao being paid 20mil for one fight, there's 1,000 Filipino fighters fighting for probably 2 dollars a round. Boxers aren't overpaid, it's that the money isn't evenly distributed.

Yep. Thanks for expanding or explaining better on what I was saying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.