Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@7PM (CST) : Froch vs. Dirrell: WBC Super Middleweight Title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Please keep everything about the Froch-Dirrell fight in this thread. You may comment on the fight as a preview thread up until approximately after 4PM. (CST) SPOILERS may be within after that time.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
I really hope Dirrell can pull it off but something tells me he'll fall short.
streetlion1
Is this ref on some hometown bullshit or what?! He is giving Froch a free pass on everything and Dirrell is still giving him a boxing lesson.
Box in Hand
The ref is shady. Froch should have lost a point for rabid punches.
streetlion1
Now he takes a point from Dirrell?!?! After all the shit Froch has done! I smell a robbery taking place....Dirrell is clearly winning the fight!
Box in Hand
I feel a robbery coming on.
BigG
Dirrell won this fight clearly.....
BigG
Split decision...

AND STILL...

Fuck it...this is just some bullshit.
Box in Hand
I WILL NOT WATCH ANOTHER FIGHT IN THIS TOURNAMENT! FUCKING ROBBERY!~
BigG
I cant stand it.......THIS is truly some BS.

Dirrell boxed circles around Froch.
BigG
Fuckin europe....I knew a robbery was coming. When the stage is this big there is bound to be some shady shit invloved. Garbage. You'd think that Dirrell would f ade late but he controlled the last 3-4 rounds.
Imperius3
I had it 10-2 for Dirrell. This truly is beyond me...
MarzB
This sport has been dumbed down completely. Dirrell with his speed advantages does tend to move a bit too much when he could stop and plant and let off some combo's and then move. But that doesn't mean he should have gotten this taken away.

I need to see 7 rounds that that CLUTS Froch has won because I can't call it at all. I'm sick of these FLAT FOOT, uncoordinated, jokes who'd do better bouncing in a club than boxing somehow pulling off wins MERELY because they're moving forward.

They move forward because it's the only thing they know HOW to do.

That ref needs his ass kicked also.
Method
Complete fucking garbage. The point deduction? Yet infinite warnings to FRoch for hitting on back of head? Not too mention just flat out getting beat.

Garbage

Carl Froch is garbage. Period.

As someone mentioned. This tournament is ass if all the europeans are gonna get the BS decisions there. Yeah, Taylor got KOd, but that fight was closer than the cards, and Taylor should NEVER had a point deduction.

Fuck this shit.
streetlion1
That is one of the biggest robberys I've ever seen...no question! I dont think Froch won a round! 117-111 Froch...was one of the scores?!?!? Gimme a break! Froch lost that fight and wasnt even in it even with the one point deduction of Dirrell!

Showtime had something going with this tournament.....with bullshit decisions like this it makes me wonder what the point of watching is. Dirrell is a very good young fighter and he deserved that victory!
BigG
I'm not surpised at all. This is just some shady shit....
caneman
10-2? Really? I am watching football @ the bar!
HaydelHammer
wow....just wow.

I have a ton of respect for andre.
thefloatingmonkey
Dirrell should have known that he would have problems winning a decision there and been more active during the first half of the fight. Definitely got robbed, but needs to work on his offense.
The Original MrFactor
Dirrell was very disappointing to me. He had damn near every advantage against this guy and ran and held. I dont think he did enough in this mans hometown to walk away with the decision.
JLUVBABY
i thought the dec. was fair... it was close and could have gone either way.... i thought froch made the fight and that was the diffrence... i picked dirrell but froch got the win tonight... again, i feel it could have gone either way but I cant get mad at the dec...
Imperius3
Froch said the ref was on HIS case? And that he hurt Dirrell?

I didn't see any of that.
MarzB
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 09:43 PM) *
Dirrell was very disappointing to me. He had damn near every advantage against this guy and ran and held. I dont think he did enough in this mans hometown to walk away with the decision.

I'm not criticizing you personally but I'm SICK of all this intangible bullschit..

"Championship rounds", "hometown judges", "you have to come forward to beat someone"

Um simply put Forch got out boxed PERIOD!! I hate when people talk about fighters that so called run because the GOT DAMN ring is 20 fucking feet ok?? Now if you want to stop a guy that moves learn how to CUT off the fucking ring or other wise live with the result that your footwork SUCKS (like Froch's) that you can't land on the guy.

I'm sick of this sport being dumbed down to basically just people wanting merely a pier six brawl. Rewatch Gatti Ward Trilogy you wanna see merely slugging.

The fact is this is a sport that requires and array of skills (hence why plenty of people CAN'T do it despite it's simplistic result) and fighters that employ these seemed to be getting FUCK'd up the ass based on bullschit intangible.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 17 2009, 09:50 PM) *
I'm not criticizing you personally but I'm SICK of all this intangible bullschit..

"Championship rounds", "hometown judges", "you have to come forward to beat someone"

Um simply put Forch got out boxed PERIOD!! I hate when people talk about fighters that so called run because the GOT DAMN ring is 20 fucking feet ok?? Now if you want to stop a guy that moves learn how to CUT off the fucking ring or other wise live with the result that your footwork SUCKS (like Froch's) that you can't land on the guy.

I'm sick of this sport being dumbed down to basically just people wanting merely a pier six brawl. Rewatch Gatti Ward Trilogy you wanna see merely slugging.

The fact is this is a sport that requires and array of skills (hence why plenty of people CAN'T do it despite it's simplistic result) and fighters that employ these seemed to be getting FUCK'd up the ass based on bullschit intangible.

Yes sir, I agree 100%. Froch got his fucking ears boxed off and that ref should have penalized him as well. Froch got exposed tonight and even Stevie Wonder could see that.
Lil-lightsout
Though I was not overly happy with the way Dirrell fought early on, he CLEARLY won that fight. That ref sucked balls! It was OK for Froch to body slam Andre out of frustration? Come on, fucking Froch barely landed anything significant the whole fight, Dirrell outboxed him all night. This is a freaking disgrace. I gave Froch 3 rounds, maybe 4 at best. All his agression was INEFFECTIVE! I sure wish there would have been some punch stats just to see the numbers. What a joke.

HaydelHammer
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 17 2009, 10:50 PM) *

AMEN.
Lil-lightsout

Agree. NO fighter regardless if they are the challenger or champion should get special treatment when scoring a round. And being in someones hometown should have NOTHING to do with scoring a round either.
The Original MrFactor

I think I understand your point, but there were major opportunities where Dirrell just would not engage. When Froch got too close, Dirrell would jump on him and hug him. Thats not skill. Froch should have asked for his wallet back. Dirrell has a huge speed advantage. As easily as you imply that one guy should cut off the ring, the other guy should use a stiff jab and right and keep his fucking feet under him. Froch stalks and Dirrell backs up without punching and then mugs Froch. I got sick of seeing that. Then the whole grabbing and flopping around the ring, shows me that Dirrell's balance and footwork reek. I thought alot of that shit was avoidable. It surely wasnt skillfull in my eyes. Froch is not a hard guy to figure out. Kessler will stop him in the next set of bouts. Believe it or not, watching Dirrell made me appreciate cats like Mayweather and Hopkins who effectively counter while moving away.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 17 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Agree. NO fighter regardless if they are the challenger or champion should get special treatment when scoring a round. And being in someones hometown should have NOTHING to do with scoring a round either.

I agree, BUT... It happens. The crowd certainly has an influence on the judges. Though they SHOULD be impartial, I'm sure its extremely difficult not to be swayed somewhat by the ooooh's and ahhh's of a hometown crowd.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 11:04 PM) *
I agree, BUT... It happens. The crowd certainly has an influence on the judges. Though they SHOULD be impartial, I'm sure its extremely difficult not to be swayed somewhat by the ooooh's and ahhh's of a hometown crowd.

No doubt. And I was thinking that watching the fight as Dirrell was landing fast hard punches and you heard next to nothing. Froch throws flurries and misses almost everything and the crowd goes nuts.
happygocampy
8-4 Froch. Dirrell ran the 1st 4 rounds doing nothing like an idiot against a fighter he outskills easy, had no choice but to give Froch those rounds on aggression alone, the next 8 rounds i had split between them. That was a pathetic performance for America.

I dunno wth most ya'll were watching, Dirrell fought just as dirty, he gave Froch 2 nice little, very discrete headbutts in the clinches he instigated, and fucking hell his holding was annoying as fuck, why is the obviously more skilled fighter needing to break the rules and hold? He'd of knocked Froch the hell out there if he'd punched more on the inside rather than hold him, Pathetic. I wanted Dirrell to win going in, yet found myself cheering for Froch in the end.

Also, Showtime commentators can go suck some dicks, Gus Johnson especially, he called every punch Dirrell landed, and nothing Froch landed. Biased much Gus? Props to Tarver though, he was being very fair, even mentioning once that both fighters landed after Gus called just the shot Dirrell landed.
MarzB
Orig, let me make it clear that Dirrell isn't a complete fighter. Frankly I've only seen one of his fights. I tend to support all boxers from my home state (Michigan) but I was "ah" on him.

That said while he has work to do the fact is Froch barely landed anything significant. When he did, it was usually desperation near the end of the round and he had that drunken crowd that made it seem more than it really was.

Hang that ref btw. I thought this fight was in Germany considering how pathetic he was.

The good thing is FROCH's truly knows he lost this fight.
MarzB
Please list the eight rounds Froch won.
The Original MrFactor
Maybe its time for Dirrell to dump Grandpa as his trainer. He was very amateurish tonight. Doesnt seem like he's developed a PRO style game yet. I wonder what Mayweather Sr would do with Dirrell. Dirrell has great speed and reflexes, but he just cant put it together and use those great tools in a fight. Something to think about. he needs to learn to jab and counter effectively. He was absolutely terrible to watch.
Imperius3
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 10:04 PM) *

I don't think so at all. I've been to fights in Houston, and I never saw Diaz or Juarez winning a fight there despite all the cheering.
JLUVBABY
dont forget the sig bet stev.. ward vs. kessler...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 17 2009, 11:14 PM) *
I don't think so at all. I've been to fights in Houston, and I never saw Diaz or Juarez winning a fight there despite all the cheering.

I got a friend named Paulie who may disagree with you.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 17 2009, 11:14 PM) *

might have something to do with them getting ko'd and/or soundly beaten to a pulp when they lost in H Town.
The CEO
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 17 2009, 10:36 PM) *
Fuckin europe....I knew a robbery was coming. When the stage is this big there is bound to be some shady shit invloved. Garbage. You'd think that Dirrell would f ade late but he controlled the last 3-4 rounds.

QUOTE (Method @ Oct 17 2009, 10:39 PM) *
Complete fucking garbage. The point deduction? Yet infinite warnings to FRoch for hitting on back of head? Not too mention just flat out getting beat.

Garbage

Carl Froch is garbage. Period.

As someone mentioned. This tournament is ass if all the europeans are gonna get the BS decisions there. Yeah, Taylor got KOd, but that fight was closer than the cards, and Taylor should NEVER had a point deduction.

Fuck this shit.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 17 2009, 10:53 PM) *
Though I was not overly happy with the way Dirrell fought early on, he CLEARLY won that fight. That ref sucked balls! It was OK for Froch to body slam Andre out of frustration? Come on, fucking Froch barely landed anything significant the whole fight, Dirrell outboxed him all night. This is a freaking disgrace. I gave Froch 3 rounds, maybe 4 at best. All his agression was INEFFECTIVE! I sure wish there would have been some punch stats just to see the numbers. What a joke.

A few posts among several I agree with...

Froch remains tough as nails and all that...but he is no longer one of my favorite fighters.....he had immunity like Hatton had against Tszyu in there tonight....and I can't support that....

Easy fight to score...with yet another BULLSHIT point deduction....115-112 DIRRELL.
Imperius3
I didn't really have a problem with the point deduction, but I felt Froch should've been deducted a point also with all his rabbit punching and the body slam.
Big Slim Sweet
That was fuckin disgusting. froch did whatever he wanted in there, and that piece of shit ref let him do it. Dirrell outboxed the shit out of him. I had him up 3-5 points easy even with the bullshit deduction.

I usually like AL Bernstein but he was ass on the mic tonight. Tony Tarver held it down though.

Fuck that fight.
kidbazooka1
I really wanted Dirrell to win but he fell short just like i thought he would Frich is a horrible fighter with horrible skills but Dirrell just didn't take it he didn't show he wnated it enough he was clearly the better skilled fighter but lacked the heart to finish like he should have.
BigG
Dirrell won the last 2 rounds clearly....
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 18 2009, 01:54 AM) *
Dirrell won the last 2 rounds clearly....

11 was clear, but 12 was not so clear. 12 could have gone either way. there were alot of rounds that were too hard to score in this fight.
Snoop
Bullshit dec IMO. Froch repeatedly and INTENTIONALLY hitting after the break, on the back of the head, and even throwing Dirrell on the floor out of frustration and no point deduction yet Dirrell gets a point deducted for holding? And fuck Froch and the after fight comments. "He wouldn't trade with me like a man". The fuck? It's called boxing and he kicked your fucking ass. And who the fuck was hurt in the fight? It wasn't like Dirrell was running. He was moving and ducking punches, AND countering that big nosed fucker. Clear win for Dirrell IMO.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 18 2009, 03:16 AM) *
dont forget the sig bet stev.. ward vs. kessler...

Don't worry it won't be.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 18 2009, 06:12 AM) *
He was moving and ducking punches, AND countering that big nosed fucker.

He ws also thrashing around on the floor like he was born with a vagina & was expelling a large child from it.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2009, 09:46 PM) *
i thought the dec. was fair... it was close and could have gone either way.... i thought froch made the fight and that was the diffrence... i picked dirrell but froch got the win tonight... again, i feel it could have gone either way but I cant get mad at the dec...

I agree,

We had ineffective aggression from Froch and running from Direll with holding and hitting certainly by Froch, but Direll did his own grabbing as well. I thought that Froch should have lost a point for the rabbit punching. But many rounds were hard to score because so little happened. Neither did much. You don't win by running and you don't win by flat-footed and clinching. Both sucked. In the end I had it for Froch 6-5-1. He was just a little more effective in the later rounds after Direll took most of the early rounds. I gave Direll the 12th. But he fell a little short.

10-2 Direll???? I can't see that. Even the press row had it close and competitive. A fair decision but a very boring fight.

Jack
Imperius3
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 18 2009, 01:40 AM) *
I agree,

We had ineffective aggression from Froch and running from Direll with holding and hitting certainly by Froch, but Direll did his own grabbing as well. I thought that Froch should have lost a point for the rabbit punching. But many rounds were hard to score because so little happened. Neither did much. You don't win by running and you don't win by flat-footed and clinching. Both sucked. In the end I had it for Froch 6-5-1. He was just a little more effective in the later rounds after Direll took most of the early rounds. I gave Direll the 12th. But he fell a little short.

10-2 Direll???? I can't see that. Even the press row had it close and competitive. A fair decision but a very boring fight.

Jack

Dirrell was landing more frequently and with more authority in almost every round. Froch's grazing, ineffective flurries did not impress me at all. I don't know how you can say neither did much, especially when Dirrell almost had Froch out of there late in the fight.

I do think that Dirrell needs to clean up his style though. All that hugging, complaining to the ref, and looking off balance at times didn't help him, and it might've looked to the judges like he was hurt.
Maxy
Disappointed. I gave it to Dirrell by a couple of rounds and didn't want to see a poor decision. Froch got lucky tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.