Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@7PM (CST): Taylor vs. Abraham
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
This thread is for the Abraham-Taylor fight, which is tape delayed. It may be used as a preview thread until about 4PM when SPOILER results may appear within. Please keep all comments about the fight inside this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
I have a feeling that this will be a war. But can it be any different that as long as King Arther survives Taylor's early freshness that by the mid-rounds, Jermain will get beaten down, again? I can't see Abraham losing in Germany either.

Jack
JLUVBABY
hey guys im out of town with work right now and the hotel im staying at only has hbo... i have the dvr set at home but would like to watch the fights live tonight when i get off... if possible can someone please send me a link to a stream (showtime) if they are watching it on stream?.. thanks..
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2009, 12:24 PM) *
hey guys im out of town with work right now and the hotel im staying at only has hbo... i have the dvr set at home but would like to watch the fights live tonight when i get off... if possible can someone please send me a link to a stream (showtime) if they are watching it on stream?.. thanks..

http://www.justin.tv/vip_boxing_
Maxy
Round one, Taylor wins it clearly. Abraham barely throwing anything.
Maxy
Round two. Taylor using the jab well and staying busy. Low blow from Taylor causes time-out. Abraham opens up late on but Taylor wins the round.
Maxy
Round three. Closer round, Abraham is stepping up his work rate now but Taylor just shades it.
Maxy
Round four. Taylor definitely busier, winning the fight 4-0 right now.
Maxy
Round five. Taylor still busier but Abraham is stepping up his workrate and unloading big punches now. Closer round.....
Maxy
Round six. Taylor deducted a point for persistant low blows. Abrahams round. Taylor still moving and jabbing well but Abraham is getting into it more now.
Maxy
Round seven. Abraham is stepping it up and taylor is looking less composed now. I see this going a few more rounds before Abraham bombs him out to be honest.
Maxy
As each round goes by my stream gets more blurry...coupled with the beer....but Abraham is stepping it up now and looking the more likely winner.
Maxy
9th round. Big right hand from Abraham wobbles taylor. This is looking like Abraham is gradually walking him down for the KO.
Maxy
Abraham is stepping it up, doing all the effective work as taylor continues to try and jab and move but he's so ineffective now.
Box in Hand
JT can win if he believes he can. I'm not impressed with Abraham.
Maxy
Abraham has it in the bag after coming on strong and doing all the good work in the latter half of the fight. Taylor, if he survives, won't get a decision.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 17 2009, 05:21 PM) *
JT can win if he believes he can. I'm not impressed with Abraham.

I spoke tooooo damn soon!
Maxy
A beautiful straight right hand flattens Taylor and that is that....what 12 seconds or so from the final bell....
D-MARV
Taylor should just drop out of the tournament. He's done. Scary moment right there!
Box in Hand
I'm disgusted!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 17 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Taylor should just drop out of the tournament. He's done. Scary moment right there!

Agreed. The blueprint is there to beat him and he's been shell shocked 3 times already.
The CEO
What an ending...felt bad for Taylor AGAIN....he always loses in such devastating fashion...

I had it 6-4-1 AA or 5-5-1 before the KO......I also felt the point deduction for the low blow was some bullshit.

Props to the heavy handed Abraham, man...he treated Taylor like he does everyone else...lets 'em win the first 4 rounds and then goes to WORK...

Funny observation: After the KO (on the European broadcast), they immediately went to a close up of Kessler...who looked like he just shit his pants!...LOL....he took the biggest, nervous GULP on camera ever...
Maxy
Abraham is going to be very difficult to beat in this tournament. Froch gets hit too much and he can't do that with a banger like Arthur, and the slick Americans will find it hard to stop his momentum as the fights go on. Kessler or Abraham are looking like the favourites for me.....

Of course though, I'm backing my man Froch all the way!
caneman
Good to heart AA looked good cause IMO he has not looked that great to me! I still think AA and Kessler will be the last men standing!
The CEO
Abraham put the other five guys on notice with that performance.....that he brought his sledgehammers with him to 168....it ain't a mystery he's a bad dude...

but just like with Froch...I can easily see both of them gettin' outboxed to losses away from home...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2009, 12:24 PM) *

box thanks for the link its workin perfect... i missed taylor fight but getting ready for froch dirrell...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 17 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Abraham put the other five guys on notice with that performance.....that he brought his sledgehammers with him to 168....it ain't a mystery he's a bad dude...

but just like with Froch...I can easily see both of them gettin' outboxed to losses away from home...

Hometown advantage don't mean shit when you easily outbox the douche & then knock him to tomorrow. One Seppo down 2 to go.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 29 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Abraham. Puts a clinic on Taylor.

Just needed to add I was right as I thought I would be.
BigG
Jermain once again losses with less than TEN seconds remaining...unbelievable.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 18 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Jermain once again losses with less than TEN seconds remaining...unbelievable.

He had already lost this one big anyway. Abraham dominated countering off the jab & showing patience & punch placement.
BigG
Well, according to people it was pretty much a toss up before the final round...but seriously WTF man 2nd straight time the man gets KO'd with less than 10 seconds left in the clock.

Did Jermain fade and get tired?
STEVENSKI
Everything I read says that Taylor won the first 4 rounds on shoeshining activity with Abraham content to counter Taylors jab & then braham dominated Taylor every round after that. Abraham was never in danger in the fight but Taylor certainly was LOL. Wooooooooo War Europe!!!
D-MARV
Europe 1
USA 0

mellow.gif tongue.gif
pacco_diablo
use some fucking hooks Taylor. wtf
Method
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 17 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Hometown advantage don't mean shit when you easily outbox the douche & then knock him to tomorrow. One Seppo down 2 to go.

I didnt think Taylor was anywhere close to being outboxed/classed.

I thought the call was very PRO-Abraham, and all the low blow warnings? Pathetic. I saw one square. the reset borderline.

Neither here nor there.
provo
I missed it but damn knocked out in the final seconds WTF man I was actually going for taylor to rebound his carrer ,man taylor is done!
The Original MrFactor
As expected, Taylor fades. I thought the low blows were BS. I think that changed Taylor's game plan. I dont think Dirrell beats Abraham either.
Lil-lightsout
JT was and is ruined. ALL he fucking does is jab!!! He showed very little passion in there, he was content to just sit back and jab. Did he take any chances really to hurt Abraham? Very few at most. The only reasons he won some earlier rounds was because Abraham was doing NOTHING. If JT did more than just throw jabs the whole fucking fight. Geez...throw some hooks and rights. His nickname should be changed to NO Bad Intentions. IMO I thought he looked like shit. Abraham is decent with really good power, but he fights like a robot in there. Someone should be able to outbox him.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 17 2009, 10:45 PM) *
JT was and is ruined. ALL he fucking does is jab!!! He showed very little passion in there, he was content to just sit back and jab. Did he take any chances really to hurt Abraham? Very few at most. The only reasons he won some earlier rounds was because Abraham was doing NOTHING. If JT did more than just throw jabs the whole fucking fight. Geez...throw some hooks and rights. His nickname should be changed to NO Bad Intentions. IMO I thought he looked like shit. Abraham is decent with really good power, but he fights like a robot in there. Someone should be able to outbox him.

Dude is definately gunshy. I think the right was there all night for Taylor, he just would not throw it. Kessler WILL throw it when he and Abraham eventually meet. I've said all along that Abraham is my pick to win it all. Oh yeah and JT needs to call it quits. he wont make it to the end of the tourney.
Imperius3
I only gave Taylor 3 rounds in the fight. I had it even after 6. Someone asked if Taylor faded in the 12th, and imo he didn't really fade like he has before. He didn't seem exhausted, he was still coming forward and throwing. He just got nailed by a perfect right hand and got KTFO big time.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 17 2009, 11:24 PM) *
I only gave Taylor 3 rounds in the fight. I had it even after 6. Someone asked if Taylor faded in the 12th, and imo he didn't really fade like he has before. He didn't seem exhausted, he was still coming forward and throwing. He just got nailed by a perfect right hand and got KTFO big time.

Foreman/Moorer right...
Imperius3
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Foreman/Moorer right...

Sorta. I mean Taylor got KTFO because he got drilled, not because he was tired. This wasn't a come from behind KO though like Foreman-Moorer since Abraham was clearly ahead.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 17 2009, 11:30 PM) *
Sorta. I mean Taylor got KTFO because he got drilled, not because he was tired. This wasn't a come from behind KO though like Foreman-Moorer since Abraham was clearly ahead.

Oh, yeah. No doubt that AA was ahead. I mentioned Foreman/Moorer because of the placement of the punch and the reaction of the guy who was on the bad end. In fact Taylor's reaction was very similar to Roy Jones vs Glenn Johnson. That was a devastating KO where the guys head is the first thing to hit the deck. I'd like to see taylor drop out and keep his mental faculties. he's been in with the best of the best of the 2 divisions he's been in. he had a great run. Call it quits now before you get hurt.

I fear for taylor's health. He may get a soft touch against Ward. He may actually beat Ward, but that would be no great feat. Ward aint a great power puncher. If he performs well against Ward, it may lull folks into thinking JT is back. Kinda like the Lacy fight did. JT is done. He's been figured out and beaten brutally. Hope the folks around him care for him enough to urge him to quit or take a year off.
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 17 2009, 09:33 PM) *
I didnt think Taylor was anywhere close to being outboxed/classed.

I thought the call was very PRO-Abraham, and all the low blow warnings? Pathetic. I saw one square. the reset borderline.

Neither here nor there.

Yeah....it wasn't anything like that....no "clinic" like the converted Euro, STEVEN, is sayin' it was.....lol

Bottom line...Abraham earned the win in his hometown....but shit was shady as expected....the bullshit deduction, the wider cards......and if Taylor won 4, 5 rounds through 11 (like I thought he did), that means it was a contest up until the KO...
Imperius3
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 17 2009, 05:31 PM) *

It probably would be best for Taylor to retire. I don't want to see him seriously hurt. I don't know if he can back out of the tournament though. I know a lot of contracts were signed. If Taylor were to be replaced, I would like to see Bute or Allan Green step in.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 17 2009, 10:24 PM) *

That's pretty much exactly how I saw it too. I had Taylor up 4-2 just cause AA wasn't doing anything. Taylor didn't fade late really so much as Abraham just kicked the dogshit out of him. It wasn't a clinic it was an ass beating. JT's shots did NOTHING to AA.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 17 2009, 10:41 PM) *
JT is done. He's been figured out and beaten brutally. Hope the folks around him care for him enough to urge him to quit or take a year off.

Agreed 100%. He should just retire. Let Allan Green take his spot.
kidbazooka1
I actually expected Taylor to do a little better but after tonight and three brutal KO losses he might want to consider hanging em' up.

Abraham didn't look all that great either but that right hand flush down the middle was nice.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 18 2009, 03:41 AM) *
Yeah....it wasn't anything like that....no "clinic" like the converted Euro, STEVEN, is sayin' it was.....lol

Bottom line...Abraham earned the win in his hometown....but shit was shady as expected....the bullshit deduction, the wider cards......and if Taylor won 4, 5 rounds through 11 (like I thought he did), that means it was a contest up until the KO...

Good thing you are not a judge then. Most reports I have seen & say Taylor won 4 rounds & after that Abraham beat him with ease before knocking him to tomorrow.
Snoop
I saw Taylor as the more active fighter through most of the rounds. I do say that when Abraham decided to fight, he would push Taylor back, but that was very seldom. Up until the KO, I would say the fight was pretty close.
The Original MrFactor
This was a typical Abraham fight. he gets beat on the elbows and gloves for the 1st 3 or 4 rounds. After that he throws quick viscious hard shots until you go to sleep. He's very good at what he does. Pretty easy fight to predict. Kessler will challenge him because Kessler has the best boxing style to counter AA. He throws decent hooks around the turtleshell. He will be able to use his size to keep Abraham honest. It will be interesting to see Abraham in there with an elite who is not gunshy like Taylor was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.