Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: USA 2 - Europe 2
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
STEVENSKI
Thats it. It needed a seperate thread to show the dominance of European super middleweights.

This is what a winner looks like

Abraham just wanted to show us his toilet paper in this photo

& this is what a loser looks like

Boxingjunkie
So this is what we know after the first round

Abraham - No skill, but great power
Taylor - Good skill, no chin
Froch - No skill, but great dertermination
Dirrell - No skill, but plenty of speed

This is supposed to be some of the best we have in boxing. Pretty sad to me. Lets hope Kessler and Ward can prove more than these first two fights.
The CEO
STEVENS....why do I have to keep reminding you?....you're not a Euro....it gives your words little to no impact....lol

.....but guess who'll have ALLLLL the impact after Ward beats Kessler....

cool.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 18 2009, 01:43 AM) *
STEVENS....why do I have to keep reminding you?....you're not a Euro....it gives your words little to no impact....lol

.....but guess who'll have ALLLLL the impact after Ward beats Kessler....

cool.gif

In all fairness CEO, Steve's convict ancestors probably came from Europe. LOL

I think Steve may have a little more to crow up about in the next fight, I like Kessler to win the whole thing.
kidbazooka1
The super middleweight division is sh*t but come to think about it it always has been.
moscow bear
QUOTE (Boxingjunkie @ Oct 18 2009, 07:37 AM) *
So this is what we know after the first round

Abraham - No skill, but great power
Taylor - Good skill, no chin
Froch - No skill, but great dertermination
Dirrell - No skill, but plenty of speed

This is supposed to be some of the best we have in boxing. Pretty sad to me. Lets hope Kessler and Ward can prove more than these first two fights.

you just proved that you are an idiot.
Snoop
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 18 2009, 07:06 AM) *
The super middleweight division is sh*t but come to think about it it always has been.

It's pretty much one of the only divisions where all the top names would agree to something like this. I mean could you imagine the negotiating hell promoters would have to go through to try to get a welterweight tournament started?
lloyd mayflower
Then they should be credited for that. The top names in the division are now going to be fighting eachother for the forseeable future instead of bitching and moaning about cash. Boxing as it should be. Best v best. Look at Abraham, do you think he would have came up for this if he could get the fight he was looking for at 160? I doubt it. This tounament is one of the very few times in boxing where common sense prevailed.

Steve, I know your not european. And i dont really know where Americans get this idea that everyone in Europe is in it together cos thats not the case, but nevertheless, good to have u aboard and winding people up!
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Oct 18 2009, 03:35 AM) *
you just proved that you are an idiot.

Dont hurt yourself thinking about a response. If that is the best you could do then really who is the idiot? Just like others have said the Super Middleweight division sucks.
kingknockout
Im just in disbelief at Andre Direll, seriously, smh at them comparing him to roy jones and the damn boy cant string a bunch of combination's together.

he fight in spurts, and I only could see about 5 or 6 combo's from him last night, and those were separated in between rounds...

The CEO
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 18 2009, 03:05 AM) *
In all fairness CEO, Steve's convict ancestors probably came from Europe. LOL

I think Steve may have a little more to crow up about in the next fight, I like Kessler to win the whole thing.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm not so sure that applies to our man, STEVENS, though....sometimes I picture him as an "Original" Australian...an Aborigine.

I can see him out there in the bush in front of a fire....wearin' nothin' but a cloth thong....sendin' smoke signals to relay fight results to the other tribes....

LMAO!!

Jokes.

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 18 2009, 03:06 AM) *

thumbsup_anim.gif

I wish more people knew this fact.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 18 2009, 06:24 AM) *
And i dont really know where Americans get this idea that everyone in Europe is in it together cos thats not the case...

So true, I personally can't stand the damn Europeans!! Worst thing we ever did was join the bloody E.U, but that's another story.
Fitz
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 18 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Then they should be credited for that. The top names in the division are now going to be fighting eachother for the forseeable future instead of bitching and moaning about cash. Boxing as it should be. Best v best. Look at Abraham, do you think he would have came up for this if he could get the fight he was looking for at 160? I doubt it. This tounament is one of the very few times in boxing where common sense prevailed.

Steve, I know your not european. And i dont really know where Americans get this idea that everyone in Europe is in it together cos thats not the case, but nevertheless, good to have u aboard and winding people up!

Well said. This is back to basics boxing. Clean out your division, fight the best in the division and prove you are the best. Not like it's been recently at welter where you cherry pick a one off fight and try proclaim you are the best by winning ONE damn fight rather than several. The 147 division has the stars but they are all acting rather pathetically.
Big Slim Sweet
I love the new/old Stevens! You're like a wrestling heel that went baby face for a run but now you've turned back with the anti-American angle.

In fairness, the Americans were underdogs going into this and I think everyone pretty much knew that. No surprises so far and Dirrell really did deserve the nod in that awful fight last night.

Maybe Taylor should cede his spot to another Euro. That could be the national twist on the S6. You get brutally KO'd you get replaced by a guy from the other team. Until one side is out completely. Let Bootay take his spot, he's French-Canadian, that's close enough.

Another win like yesterday we might start having to use the words Arthur Abraham and beast in the same sentence. I think he sweeps into the finals. What's he anyway an Armenian? He's gonna beat the snot out of Dirrell and then pulverize that big hack Froch. I can see Abraham-Dirrell looking a lot like Tszyu-Judah. I can see Dirrell doing some really funny shit when he gets clocked. laugh.gif And Froch's a fucking bum.
Fitz
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Oct 19 2009, 04:32 PM) *
What's he anyway an Armenian? He's gonna beat the snot out of Dirrell and then pulverize that big hack Froch. I can see Abraham-Dirrell looking a lot like Tszyu-Judah.

Yeah he is Armenian. Darchinyan is Armenian (now Australian) as well. Must be something in their water or blood or something.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Oct 19 2009, 05:32 AM) *
I love the new/old Stevens! You're like a wrestling heel that went baby face for a run but now you've turned back with the anti-American angle.

I just keep things interesting on here. I probably said Europe 2 USA 0 20 times in chat yesterday for kicks.

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Oct 19 2009, 05:32 AM) *
I can see Abraham-Dirrell looking a lot like Tszyu-Judah. I can see Dirrell doing some really funny shit when he gets clocked. laugh.gif And Froch's a fucking bum.

That would be damm funny. Dirrell staggering around like he sunk a case of piss before collapsing.

Abraham is no joke thats for sure. I like his style of fighting.
STEVENSKI
Here are some quotes from Froch.

"Dirrell was a very fast southpaw, a rangy counter-puncher who was an absolute nightmare to face. If you couple all that with his negativity, you are going to get a bit of a dud fight."

"People think I'm a warmonger who likes guerrilla warfare. I can do that if necessary but if everyone thinks that is all I've got, they're wrong. I've just outboxed the best American there is to offer. You can't run, keep safe and stay out of trouble like he did. That is amateur boxing, this is professional boxing."

"Dirrell felt very weak in close. He was like a rag doll and I could have snapped him in half as soon I put any weight on him. Every time I clipped him he felt it. He was so negative, always running because he was feeling the shots."

"I was a little disappointed with the general performance but I'm not hurt and never took any knocks. But it was dissatisfying for someone like me who is a warrior and wants a trade-off. I like an opponent to stand there and fight and my next opponent, Mikkel Kessler, will do that and give the fans what they want."

"Styles make fights and Dirrell brought so much negativity to this fight that it would have been a hard night for Kessler, Joe Calzaghe or any great champion. But I won and retained my title. I did what I had to do and beat a top American - and no one can argue with that."

"This win will give me confidence for the whole series. I am satisfied and confident of doing what I want to do by winning the whole tournament."
maelstrom
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 19 2009, 04:53 AM) *
Here are some quotes from Froch.

"Dirrell was a very fast southpaw, a rangy counter-puncher who was an absolute nightmare to face. If you couple all that with his negativity, you are going to get a bit of a dud fight."

"People think I'm a warmonger who likes guerrilla warfare. I can do that if necessary but if everyone thinks that is all I've got, they're wrong. I've just outboxed the best American there is to offer. You can't run, keep safe and stay out of trouble like he did. That is amateur boxing, this is professional boxing."

"Dirrell felt very weak in close. He was like a rag doll and I could have snapped him in half as soon I put any weight on him. Every time I clipped him he felt it. He was so negative, always running because he was feeling the shots."

"I was a little disappointed with the general performance but I'm not hurt and never took any knocks. But it was dissatisfying for someone like me who is a warrior and wants a trade-off. I like an opponent to stand there and fight and my next opponent, Mikkel Kessler, will do that and give the fans what they want."

"Styles make fights and Dirrell brought so much negativity to this fight that it would have been a hard night for Kessler, Joe Calzaghe or any great champion. But I won and retained my title. I did what I had to do and beat a top American - and no one can argue with that."

"This win will give me confidence for the whole series. I am satisfied and confident of doing what I want to do by winning the whole tournament."

Joe Calzhage had his hands full with a shot to hell Charles Brewer..

Kessler couldn't even stop washed-up LIGHTWEIGHT Dingaan Thobela or glass-jawed Anthony Mundine.

Froch was hurt several times in that fight and didn't land enough to beat anybody outside of Nottingham.
King Eugene
I cant wait to see Abraham starch Froch. I know they dont fight next but damnit when they do its going to be amazing. Hold up...everybody does fight everybody right?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 05:34 PM) *
Joe Calzaghe had a field day with a shot RJJ
Many punchers like Danny Green, Kessler and Echols couldn't put a dent on Mundine, don't go on boxrec look at the Ottke fight and think you are a pro on the subject
Froch wasn't hurt a whole lot and won

Europe 2
Usa 0

whats the USA vs. Australia record? Weight classes doesn't matter...I just want to know in general.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 09:34 PM) *
Europe 2
Usa 0

Damm straight Fitz! Europe 2 USA 0!!
EirbinX
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 05:51 PM) *
I don't know, I haven't kept a record. You would be up though, I'm not arguing that. I am just staying on the topic of this thread.

Though I know the record with USA and Europe, it's 2-0 at the moment in favour of Europe in the tournament. Then you have Calzaghe who 3-0 you guys, Froch with Taylor and then the Klitschko's who have cleaned you guys up. I think you only have the one victory recently when Mayweather beat Hatton. What would it be outside the tournament in recent times? 12-1 or something?

calzaghe would have never 3 - 0 anyone he fought 7 years back its an excuse but a legitimate one
ROLL DEEP
I haven't seen the fight yet, but am a big Froch fan.

I know he's not flippin amazing, but he's tough, is in exciting fights, WANTS to fight the best and always gives it his all.

Personally, I think Abraham KO's him, but who cares about that right now because the only thing that matters is that it's 2-0!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO- NIIIIIIILLLLLL (in true Hatton fan style just for CEO) laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 05:51 PM) *
I don't know, I haven't kept a record. You would be up though, I'm not arguing that. I am just staying on the topic of this thread.

Though I know the record with USA and Europe, it's 2-0 at the moment in favour of Europe in the tournament. Then you have Calzaghe who 3-0 you guys, Froch with Taylor and then the Klitschko's who have cleaned you guys up. I think you only have the one victory recently when Mayweather beat Hatton. What would it be outside the tournament in recent times? 12-1 or something?

Dont forget Calzaghe beat Hopkins and Bradley beat Witter. So add one more for us and give another to the Euros. I was just curious about the USA vs. Aussie record.

Steven aren't you from Australia? You sure is sucking a lot of Euro balls! I do remember someone a while back mentioning you where a German Hitler supporter or something along the lines of that.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 19 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Dont forget Calzaghe beat Hopkins and Bradley beat Witter. So add one more for us and give another to the Euros. I was just curious about the USA vs. Aussie record.

Steven aren't you from Australia? You sure is sucking a lot of Euro balls! I do remember someone a while back mentioning you where a German Hitler supporter or something along the lines of that.

We P4P sporting wise & don't forget that. Look at how many Olympic medals we win for a nation of 20,000,000 we P4p baby! We don't produce many good boxers because boxing is not a priority sport out here unfortunatley.

Woah son I ain't no Hitler supporter. Thats crazy talk there. I just like breaking up the USA chants once in a while.
STEVENSKI
EUROPE 2 USA 0
Spyder
Froch fought like a fuckin bum Saturday. He was EASILY outclassed, and the only way he could even HOPE to land anything is by cheating. That motherfucker hit on breaks, hit behind the head, tried some fucking judo throws...anything he could do to avoid getting punched in the face.

Froch has less talent than Ricky Hatton.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 11:55 PM) *
Seriously, I don't even dislike USA, I'm just joining in on the fun, though I will admit. Not speaking about everyone, but in general, you guys are incredibly bias against European fighters. I can bet my fucking ass off if Pavlik was a European, you would be saying the same shit about him as you say about Kessler and Abraham. He isn't really much better, though the opinion of him is so much different. He is a slow 1,2 fighter with power and a little one dimensional. He doesn't sound too much different than the guys most of you people say suck.

Agreed. It is not that I dislike America I just like putting shit on them when I get a chance.
Spyder
Froch couldn't land a shot until around the fifth round when he started to deliberately foul out of desperation. I seriously thought that I was watching Tyson-Holyfield 2 all over again. Froch was imploding, and looking for a way out of the fight.

I would LOVE to see homeboy try that shit in the US, or anywhere other than his hometown for that matter. He's a BUM.
The CEO
LMAO @ people tryin' to rub in a couple of Euro victories from a Busch League, Super Middleweight tourney.

Those two wins are but an infinitesimal SPECK in the overall count...Euro fighters would have to win every higher profile, American encounter for 10 years straight to even be considered in the game..

but anyway...I'm not gonna go the hard line on this....y'all have your fun...while you can...lol

QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 19 2009, 08:54 PM) *
Froch fought like a fuckin bum Saturday. He was EASILY outclassed, and the only way he could even HOPE to land anything is by cheating. That motherfucker hit on breaks, hit behind the head, tried some fucking judo throws...anything he could do to avoid getting punched in the face.

Froch has less talent than Ricky Hatton.

Pretty much.

Froch was gettin' so frustrated and worked by one of our green contenders that he lost his shit, turned caveman, and revelled in the home cookin'....

I thought Froch was different, but I guess I was wrong....he's the stereotype too...
Keith
Dirrel makes me embarrassed to be an American.

I love the Euros! 2-0. Go Kessler!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 19 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Seriously, I don't even dislike USA, I'm just joining in on the fun, though I will admit. Not speaking about everyone, but in general, you guys are incredibly bias against European fighters. I can bet my fucking ass off if Pavlik was a European, you would be saying the same shit about him as you say about Kessler and Abraham. He isn't really much better, though the opinion of him is so much different. He is a slow 1,2 fighter with power and a little one dimensional. He doesn't sound too much different than the guys most of you people say suck.

I'm American and I'd still you Pavlik aint shit. Hell if he was this tournament I wouldn't have picked him to win it.

Keith turn in your green card.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 20 2009, 12:25 AM) *

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 20 2009, 04:38 AM) *
Dirrel makes me embarrassed to be an American.

I love the Euros! 2-0. Go Kessler!

Good man Keith.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 20 2009, 04:53 AM) *
That's the spirit Keith.

Exactly

Remember guys it is Europe 2 USA 0 or you could say Europe 5 USA 0 if it makes you feel better to go by points LOL.
BigG
Money Mayweather > Europe and Australia combined.
singletrack
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 18 2009, 02:21 AM) *
Thats it. It needed a seperate thread to show the dominance of European super middleweights.

JT is junk. Nice kid; can't compete at the top level. It's one of the great mysteries of sports history that he beat Bernard Hopkins twice (if you scored it that way). Abraham is an exciting fighter and I've been following him for a little bit now - look forward to more.

I had Dirrell winning although he did act like a total amateur/pussy in the fight and probably deserves to lose because no one wants a champion that behaves that way. What the hell was he thinking in the 12th? He seemed to totally half-ass that effort. I don't know if the issue is his corner, him, or what, but if he has a tremendous amount of athleticism and boxing ability. Froch seems like a pretty solid fighter, but I think Dirrell can definitely beat him with proper guidance.

A good night for boxing.
D-MARV
Dirrell won the fight easily. I'm hearing that they won't release the punch stat numbers becuase I'm positive that will just verify my claim.

I can't wait until Abraham-Froch. (Probably the best fight in the whole tournament) Smurf King KO6
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 20 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Dirrell won the fight easily. I'm hearing that they won't release the punch stat numbers becuase I'm positive that will just verify my claim.

I can't wait until Abraham-Froch. (Probably the best fight in the whole tournament) Smurf King KO6

Where did you hear that from??? Cause from watching it live, I was thinking Dirrell was landing way more meaningful punches than Froch. I just did not see Froch land much of anything to be honest. I too really want to see the numbers now, especially if they did it live. I think for this fight, cause of people very unhappy the way Dirrell fought, it be nice to see the numbers. Even though it is obvious he outlanded Froch, I don't think certain people want to see the results. Funny, I wish I had time to watch it a few times and do punchstats myself. I mean I could do Dirrells output, and I could have my 5 year old son count Frochs.
streetlion1
JT is just about done.....but Dirrell was robbed!!

In the end Ward will probably win it all. Froch...or should I say Fraud is not very good same with Abraham...Kessler is a solid fighter but still doesnt have the boxing skills of a Ward or Dirrell. Looking at the tournament JT and robberies aside...Dirrell and Ward blow the Euro's outta the water IMO.
Maxy
Froch had a bad day at the office. His best night was his win over Pascal in what was a marvellous fight between two boxers who were willing to trade from first to last.

Dirrell boxed like a big girls blouse. Yeah, maybe he edged it with his faggot tactics but I'm glad he didn't get the nod. Froch may not be blessed with natural gifts but he's a fighters fighter who comes to fight.

Froch won't win the tournament as much as I'd want him to but that's life.

Bad decisions happen the world over and that's a fact so everybody complaining about a hometown robbery needs to accept it and swallow it.

Maybe if American fans actually came over and supported their fighter the atmosphere wouldn't have been so much in Froch's favour. Maybe if Americans were ringside cheering every punch Dirrell landed the non-British judges would have seen the fight differently, albeit not be influenced so much by the crowd....

Anyway, whatever happens from here-on out, one thing I am convinced about is that Andre Dirrell will definitely not win this tournament. And that's a good thing!
maelstrom
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 20 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Froch had a bad day at the office. His best night was his win over Pascal in what was a marvellous fight between two boxers who were willing to trade from first to last.

Dirrell boxed like a big girls blouse. Yeah, maybe he edged it with his faggot tactics but I'm glad he didn't get the nod. Froch may not be blessed with natural gifts but he's a fighters fighter who comes to fight.

Bad decisions happen the world over and that's a fact so everybody complaining about a hometown robbery needs to accept it and swallow it.

Maybe if American fans actually came over and supported their fighter the atmosphere wouldn't have been so much in Froch's favour. Maybe if Americans were ringside cheering every punch Dirrell landed the non-British judges would have seen the fight differently, albeit not be influenced so much by the crowd....

Anyway, whatever happens from here-on out, one thing I am convinced about is that Andre Dirrell will definitely not win this tournament. And that's a good thing!

You don't know who will win the tourney hater...all you can do is hope.
maelstrom
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 19 2009, 11:50 PM) *
Money Mayweather > Europe and Australia combined.

LOL

So true.
Spyder
Dirrell has probably never had a dude blatantly foul him and get away with it. It took him out of his element, and the only reaction that he knew to do was hold.

If his corner has ANY ability what-so-ever, they'll work on that prior to his next fight. I'm still convinced that if that fight was anywhere other than the UK, Dirrell never would've needed to hold and probably would've gotten the stoppage. Froch is trash.
Maxy
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 02:25 PM) *
You don't know who will win the tourney hater...all you can do is hope.

Exactly who am I hating?

As for hope, yeah it would be nice to see Froch win it but he won't and that's all there is to it. Not fussed.
singletrack
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 20 2009, 02:10 PM) *

I don't think it had anything to do with "a bad day". The bad day was a guy that showed flashes of Roy Jones Jr for periods of the fight. What is it with this trading shit? That is not boxing. I mean, if the two fighters want to stand and kill each other ala Ward/Gatti or Castillo/Corrales then more power to them. But don't discredit a guy that boxed circles around Froch for a good portion of the fight and rocked him badly. Dirrell looked awesome for some of the fight, lost during other parts, and like a child as well. He is young and was fighting in a very hostile environment and who knows how good his corner is. Froch can talk all the shit he wants, as he did after the fight, but he should have lost that fight.

I'm sure Froch is capable of looking a lot better against another opponent - that is exactly the point.

ROLL DEEP
I've only watched a few random rounds on youtube of the fight - and this is what I saw:

Froch didn't look good. AT ALL. He looked slow, missed with wild punches and did not look like himself. Whether that was down to Dirrell or another reason, who knows? All I know is that I've seen Froch look a million times better than that.

What was Dirrell doing at times?!?!? He'd only have to come in within clinch range before he flopped around like a drunk. Even when Froch never touched him, he'd fall onto Froch, grab him, then his legs would just fold under him and Froch would drag him about. He looked like Trevor Berbick.

Saying that, Dirrell looked really sharp and from what I saw - bearing in mind I only watched the first 2 rounds, the 5th, 8th and the 9th rounds - would've thought he would have gone on to win it. Dirrell looked the part at times, but definately fought like a faggot at times.

He fought like the new kid at the gym who's never been hit and under pressure before. He looked as uncomfortable as Froch did slow.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 20 2009, 06:15 PM) *
I love a classic boxer as much as the next guy, but to suggest what Dirrell was doing as glimpses of RJJ and being a boxer is an insult to boxers and RJJ. The only thing he had similar was his hand speed. Other than that, flopping around the ring, falling to your knees as defence, hugging is not boxing in my eyes. It's being cowardly.

I agree with you on that. Watching Dirrell warm up, I thought he was going to wipe up on Froch. He looked like he could have that RJ style, but in the RING, he just is too emotional and does not relax. He is definately all over the place. He seemed uncomfortable in there and not dictating the fight, where Roy pretty much always dictated what was happeneing when he fought.

No joke, at 168 Roy could beat all 6 of these fighters on consecutive nights. It seriously be hard envisioning any of them winning a round against him.
King Eugene
Please dont compare Dirrell to any version of Roy please! After his performance against Froch its an insult.
Keith
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 20 2009, 12:25 AM) *

I burned it right after I watched Dirrel fight. Go Euros!

Europe 2-0! Go Kessler!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 20 2009, 10:16 PM) *
I burned it right after I watched Dirrel fight. Go Euros!

Europe 2-0! Go Kessler!

i do believe if we go by the patriot act, we can lock you up and torture you in gitmo for this. don't make us send you to cuba keith, shit is fucked up there, or we'll just send you to one of our really fucked up torture camps in eastern europe..........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.