Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ZAB JUDAH HIRES NEW ADVISOR!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Vodoo
Former undisputed welterweight champion Zab "Super" Judah has hired Greg Leon to serve as his personal boxing advisor as well as the exclusive boxing advisor to Super Judah Promotions.

Actually I thought Greg was already his advisor so I don't see why this is making news now all of a sudden, but oh well.
Snoop
Damn you would think after seeing how Allan Green's career has virtually gone NOWHERE despite his potential, other fighters would avoid Leon. Has he actually improved any boxer's career?
KookedKrack
thumbsdown_anim.gif

I'm one of the few around here that actually likes Zab but this guy can't make a good decision to save his life.......this is yet another loss for Super Judah
D-MARV
Oh well... rolleyes_anim.gif
JLUVBABY
this wont matter... zab pissed off some good talent and is i'm sure on the tail end of his career anyway... i really thought he would have accomplished more...
King Eugene
Zab is fucking up fast and picking up speed. I'm still a fan though.
Lil-lightsout
When was his last meaningful win? This guy obviously has all the physical tools, but damn he can be so stupid. If he dropped down to 140 right now, he could probably win a belt.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 19 2009, 10:47 AM) *
this wont matter... zab pissed off some good talent and is i'm sure on the tail end of his career anyway... i really thought he would have accomplished more...

haha i think everybody did
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 19 2009, 01:37 PM) *
When was his last meaningful win? This guy obviously has all the physical tools, but damn he can be so stupid. If he dropped down to 140 right now, he could probably win a belt.

I think he has a great shot at getting a belt at 140.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 19 2009, 12:37 PM) *

Zab is like a six round fighter and than mentally falls apart. I don't think he could be good enough in the mid to late rounds to take a belt. But he gave Mayweather some problems early.

Jack
King Eugene
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 19 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Zab is like a six round fighter and than mentally falls apart. I don't think he could be good enough in the mid to late rounds to take a belt. But he gave Mayweather some problems early.

Jack

Gave Cotto problems early as well! Low blows saved Cotto
True-Boxing-Fan
All this is, is just two HUGE low-life losers joining forces. This just goes to show you where Judahs career is at. Judah is just a waste of talent loser, going absolutely nowhere. Has-been
singletrack
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 19 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Gave Cotto problems early as well! Low blows saved Cotto

"Saved" is a bit strong unless you somehow know that Zab was about to brutally KO Cotto. Unless Zab knocks Cotto cold, he loses that fight everytime. The funny thing is that Cotto has never even been knocked down by a punch. He was pushed in the Torres fight and took two knees in the Margarita fight before the corner stopped it.
singletrack
Hopefully the first item of business is getting rid of Zab's father as trainer.
King Eugene
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 20 2009, 12:55 AM) *
"Saved" is a bit strong unless you somehow know that Zab was about to brutally KO Cotto. Unless Zab knocks Cotto cold, he loses that fight everytime. The funny thing is that Cotto has never even been knocked down by a punch. He was pushed in the Torres fight and took two knees in the Margarita fight before the corner stopped it.

I don't think saved is a bit strong. Cotto was rocked bad and Zab had the momentum. You can argue that he wasn't going to finish him but oh well. Zab lost the momentum after the low blows and it went down hill for him afterwards.
singletrack
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 20 2009, 01:00 AM) *
I don't think saved is a bit strong. Cotto was rocked bad and Zab had the momentum. You can argue that he wasn't going to finish him but oh well. Zab lost the momentum after the low blows and it went down hill for him afterwards.

Cotto has been hurt way worse than that and been able to hang on - multiple times. Fighters get rocked in fights and recover to win all the time. Just because Cotto had been hurt in the round doesn't mean that he was going to lose the fight unless he committed a foul. That is your opinion. An opinion that really doesn't make sense to me based on what we have seen of Cotto.

By making statements like that you are discrediting a win on his record. Do you really think that he doesn't deserve credit and Zab would have won the fight without the low blows?
King Eugene
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 20 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Cotto has been hurt way worse than that and been able to hang on - multiple times. Fighters get rocked in fights and recover to win all the time. Just because Cotto had been hurt in the round doesn't mean that he was going to lose the fight unless he committed a foul. That is your opinion. An opinion that really doesn't make sense to me based on what we have seen of Cotto.

By making statements like that you are discrediting a win on his record. Do you really think that he doesn't deserve credit and Zab would have won the fight without the low blows?

I never discredited the win. I think it was a great win. I felt like it took the momentum away from Zab thats all. Whether it happened early or late in the fight I still think Cotto would have won because Zab is a 6 round fighter but Cotto still should have kept it clean. Just like Tito has done, I think he(Cotto) was in trouble and bought himself some time. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cotto hit Corley low as well? Hell Corley had Cotto rocked bad and just couldn't finish the fight. On a side note you cant really blame Roach for his request.
Byrd Man
Yeah I saw this and was like "what's he thinking?"

Chris Byrd even picked this dude as his advisor. smh
King Eugene
Either way it goes if he didn't feel it would have given him an edge I dont think he would have done it. I dont think its a coincidence that he's low blowed almost every fighter that has had him hurt.
Snoop
I genuinely want to know if Leon's "advising" has actually help advance anyone's career...
thehype
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 20 2009, 10:40 AM) *
I genuinely want to know if Leon's "advising" has actually help advance anyone's career...

Ask Ishe Smith or Steve Forbes...you can catch them both on Facebook. LOL.

Of course, the real question is are they really concerned about advancing their career or is it just about collecting a paycheck?
MarzB
LOL, they're both friends of mine but I'm not gonna waste time asking about that guy.

Was there an actual announcement of this? LOL
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 19 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Jack

I think he can take Urango's belt maybe beat devon who is still raw.....

But at 140 I like zabs chances alot more than at 147
maelstrom
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 19 2009, 11:55 PM) *

Judah gave Cotto all kinds of problems..just imagine if they were the same weight in the ring.

Chop chop had him out on his feet.
singletrack
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 20 2009, 02:21 PM) *
Judah gave Cotto all kinds of problems..just imagine if they were the same weight in the ring.

Chop chop had him out on his feet.

Yah and he went on to KO both of them. A feat that Floyd could not achieve in either case.
singletrack
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 20 2009, 01:20 AM) *
I never discredited the win. I think it was a great win. I felt like it took the momentum away from Zab thats all. Whether it happened early or late in the fight I still think Cotto would have won because Zab is a 6 round fighter but Cotto still should have kept it clean. Just like Tito has done, I think he(Cotto) was in trouble and bought himself some time. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cotto hit Corley low as well? Hell Corley had Cotto rocked bad and just couldn't finish the fight. On a side note you cant really blame Roach for his request.

He had a point taken in the 2nd round IIRC of the Corley fight. To me, on the replay, it appeared to be right on the belt line. When Corley had him hurt in the third (way worse than Zab ever had him hurt btw), the announcers said he landed low again. It was on the belt or slightly below - probably a low blow. Although, it is hard to say how intentional it was because he was pretty out of it at that point. The Corley fight was garbage...Cotto walked through him. While impressive, there was no reason for him to take that kind of punishment.

If I were Roach, I would be saying the same shit - only makes sense for him and his fighter. Joe Cortez is terrible these days regardless, so I hope he doesn't get the nod.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 20 2009, 05:49 PM) *
Exactly, and then he went on to face Mosley, and Mosley never had him in serious trouble.

So what does that say about Mosley's power compared to Judah's?
Fitz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 21 2009, 04:36 PM) *
So what does that say about Mosley's power compared to Judah's?

I see what you are trying to corner me into saying. But I will answer back. Corley had Cotto is serious trouble, and Mosley didn't. What does that say about Corley's power compared to Mosley's?

Check mate.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 21 2009, 02:12 AM) *
I see what you are trying to corner me into saying. But I will answer back. Corley had Cotto is serious trouble, and Mosley didn't. What does that say about Corley's power compared to Mosley's?

Check mate.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Corley had Mayweather hurt too. I guess that says more about Corley not being able to finish a fighter than anything. In other words he's a lucky puncher laugh.gif
BigG
PRIME Corley could punch, he just wasn't a good finisher.
Snoop
QUOTE (singletrack @ Oct 20 2009, 08:52 PM) *
If I were Roach, I would be saying the same shit - only makes sense for him and his fighter. Joe Cortez is terrible these days regardless, so I hope he doesn't get the nod.

Joe Cortez sucks donkey nuts. A whore for attention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.