Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton vs. Mayweather II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
I'm not going to sit here and say "oh Ricky would win if they fought again" or anything like THAT.

However I was thinking about something while reading the article here on FH about the possible rematch next year.

If this took place in England, there's two things I was thinking about that would probably bring about a different outcome.

1. The Hatton camp will no doubt want Joe Cortez to not even be allowed in the country. They will want a ref that will allow Ricky to fight his fight, and not sit there and disrupt him everytime he even looks like he's holding. If they can manage to get that, which I believe would be a very big point for the Hatton camp, this could absolutely affect the fight. There are many who believe that Cortez unfairly favored Mayweather Jr. in that fight, and never let Hatton get into his groove. That article on this site pointed that aspect out as well.

2. If it's in England, if it goes to the cards (which the proper ref not screwing over Hatton) can anyone sit here and say that Hatton couldn't get a decision? Unless it's just so absurdly lopsided in Mayweather's favor, that is. And that's not beyond the realm of possibilty admittedly.

Anyone else agree?

I wouldn't mind seeing this, if Mayweather isn't going to fight Cotto/Mosley/Williams or another WW.

I have no interest in seeing him destroy Pacman.

And there'd have to be something in place to prevent him from pulling that same bullshit with the weight that he did in the previous fight. Coming in overweight, and not even trying to lose it, refusing to weigh in on fight night.
JonnyBlaze
Hatton only wants this fight to get money now I think..He is fading in my opinion and has been exposed..If you've been exposed in any way,why would you fight Floyd Mayweather(this goes for any fighter)??No one has exposed Floyd in my opinion..He is definitely exposable though..He leans on both legs(depending if he is thinking offense or defense) for one thing..If someone could time him when he jumps in with a left hook,someone might be able to hit him with a right hand cause it is there..Is it going to happen??Maybe not but a real good thinking fighter would be able to expose him..Doers won't get it done against Floyd..Castillo gave him a tough time because he is a thinker and same thing with E. Augustus..If Corrales didn't drain himself to get down in weight that he said he couldn't make anymore but would go down if he had to for Mayweather,he would have put up a better fight too in my opinion..

Whether you don't want to see Floyd fight Pac-man or not,it is the biggest fight to be made in boxing and it would do way more numbers than the Mayweather/Marquez fight did..If it's good for boxing,I want it to happen..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 22 2009, 07:14 AM) *
There are many who believe that Cortez unfairly favored Mayweather Jr. in that fight, and never let Hatton get into his groove. That article on this site pointed that aspect out as well.

I am a big believer in that. Not because I hate Mayweather & would like to see his family bloodline die out but because Cuntez is the dirtiest referee in the game. Shady as fuck Cuntez is.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 22 2009, 02:29 AM) *
I am a big believer in that. Not because I hate Mayweather & would like to see his family bloodline die out but because Cuntez is the dirtiest referee in the game. Shady as fuck Cuntez is.

They needed Tony Weeks..It sucks when refs. get nervous about inside fighting but in defense of the refs,a headbutt is just around the corner..hahaha..Yet,not always..It all depends on how both fighters are fighting..Guys who jump in cause lots of butts..Also,if someone gets too low and comes up really quick on the inside..I think it was Froch the other weekend who tried to bang heads with Dirrell a couple times on the inside..I don't know if anyone else caught it,but he was definitely using his head and even put himself off balance once when the ref split them and he was still forcefully moving his head towards Dirrells..
Michigan Assassin
Who the hell would by this fight?!?

Besides the Hatton fans in the UK.

And how will Floyd justify fighting someone he already easily handled?

If it does happen, I can't wait to see Brian Kenny's interview of Floyd. That would be priceless.
D-MARV
This fight would be very different from the first one. Mayweather would stop him earlier! /thread
gbh32001
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 22 2009, 07:00 PM) *
This fight would be very different from the first one. Mayweather would stop him earlier! /thread
If they fight in UK, i bet my money on hitman..
gbh32001
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Oct 22 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Who the hell would by this fight?!?

Besides the Hatton fans in the UK.

And how will Floyd justify fighting someone he already easily handled?

If it does happen, I can't wait to see Brian Kenny's interview of Floyd. That would be priceless.
Americans love to get con in broad day light. Example of that is the Floyd-JMM PPV results which I think was rigged anyway.
lloyd mayflower
Im probably the only Hatton fan on this board, and i dont want to see it. For one, Im not convinced Ricky can be strong and fit at 140 again, and we know he cant match Floyd at 147. So maybe a catchweight? Well JMM tried that, and Floyd used it as another opportunity to show his cuntishness.

Il reserve judgement till Ricky comes back and fights a tune up. Maybe Floyd could point him in the direction of a handy featherweight, but at this point its a stick on L for the hitman
Douchebag
Ricky just got blasted out in 2 rounds by a guy who is smaller and less skilled than Floyd. Ricky is done competing at a top level. His best bet is to be turned in to a Gatti type fighter.
blackbelt2003
How the hell could this be any closer, since Hatton has gone downhill since and Floyd has got even bigger.

Floyd was much the bigger man first time around, but now he'd dwarf Hatton. Ricky would get smashed up and stopped inside eight.

I'd prefer Hatton vs one of the jr welter young guns, like BRadley or Alexander or Khan. The latter might happen and would be big business in England.

Black
streetlion1
Defenseless Hatton needs to stop! I think the fight would be different....Hatton would get KTFO even quicker!

Its a fight I can see Gayweather taking though since it would be an easy one.
Lil-lightsout
If Mayweather would even fight Hatton again before any real welterweights... Man Floyd would kill Ricky right now. Mentally Hatton has got to be a wreck. He got to work his way back up, if possible, to see if he can even compete anymore.
torvix2000
Fouck Gayweather. If he couldn't make the catchweight against Marquez, then he should be fighting much bigger men than Hatton.
King Eugene
Watch how quickly this turns into a Mayweather bashing thread when it was Ricky the one who made the comments.
rusty_trombone
um, i'm pretty sure hatton would get fucked up just as easily as last time.
JD
Different how?

Different like Hatton has a better chance? Yeah...no, it will not be different like that.
torvix2000
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 23 2009, 01:09 AM) *
Watch how quickly this turns into a Mayweather bashing thread when it was Ricky the one who made the comments.

Yeah, sure. It's because that's how Gayweather chooses his opponent. Pick a mismatch from a list of opponents who call him out. Hatton made the comments, so he's already on the list.
Keith
I would love to see Ricky Hatton get KO'd again. Sign me up because we all know Floyd isnt going to fight the guys we want him to...

He might as well fight the guys we want to see get put to sleep.
King Eugene
Told ya...
kidbazooka1
I doubt Floyd would give Hatton another chance especially since he got destroyed in two rds by Manny given the styles i don't think Floyd could look any more spectacular than that.

Looks to me like those knockout losses have Hatton talking a little crazy now in days. I know he still brings money to the table but neither Floyd nor Manny have anything to gain in the legacy department if they fight him again.

I say Hatton should either retire or tangle with Marquez who would most likely stop him aswell but atleast it's a different opponent.
tottenham19
Same result, probably a few rounds less than before. Ricky asking for Pac or PBF right now is just ridiculous. He should fight Khan and then we'll see how much he has left.
maelstrom
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 22 2009, 02:29 AM) *
Cortez is the ref Hatton and Co. wanted...damn fool.

You should be worrying about your own family bloodline dying out..lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.