Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My pre-paint sketch of Mike Tyson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Coyote Duran
Hey, gang! I've shared a few pieces of art with you in the past and I've taken a different approach with my latest piece, a close-up acrylic-on-canvas panel (11" X 14") of Mike Tyson. It's just penciled for now. The painting starts tonight but I just wanted to share this stage for any critiques.

This is just one stage in my "Anatomy of a Painting" album on Facebook.

My in-progress Mike Tyson painting!

And yes, I will be moving on a Mayweather piece very soon!
Spyder
It looks great man!

Check his eye...I think he has more scar tissue.

You really do good work.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 22 2009, 04:33 PM) *
It looks great man!

Check his eye...I think he has more scar tissue.

You really do good work.

Thanks, Spyder! I'm positive you're right and that's something that'll be painted in once I'm up to detailing Mike's face. biggrin.gif
Box in Hand
Very nice work. You should contact the people you paint, I'm sure they would be impressed.
MarzB
Wow, you have nice talent is that a sketch or charcoal you're did that on?
Fitz
Nice work man. Haven't seen a bad piece by you yet.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 22 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Very nice work. You should contact the people you paint, I'm sure they would be impressed.

Thank you, B.I.H.! I've thought about it but often, it's very difficult, even if you have a wealth of contacts. smile.gif
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 22 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Wow, you have nice talent is that a sketch or charcoal you're did that on?

Thank you, Marz! It's pencil on canvas panel. It's the layout that I'll be painting over with acrylics. biggrin.gif
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2009, 06:35 PM) *
Nice work man. Haven't seen a bad piece by you yet.

Hey, thanks, Fitz! I start the actual painting tonight. I'm a little disenchanted with writing right now (shopping for new dependable sites) so I'm just channeling the creativity into art.

I did the same step-by-step approach with this painting of Darth Maul I finished a little over a week ago:

Anatomy of a Painting: Darth Maul

I'd really like to start getting face time in th vein of Rich Slone and that's why I started painting again after 14 years. We have distinctively different styles but I'd like to offer up my own special takes on Our Sport. I've really gotten to like painting much more than pencils and only went back to do a pencil drawing of John Lennon for my sister's birthday this year. smile.gif
JD
Great stuff as per the usual, man.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 22 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Great stuff as per the usual, man.

Thank you, JD! Much appreciated!
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Do you sell any of your paintings? How long does it usually take you to complete a painting?

I actually do take commissions, Fitz. The time depends on the size, generally. The Darth Maul painting took 11 days, start-to-finish. I began the Tyson piece this Sunday and took yesterday off to hang with my son. I think the Tyson will probably take arounf the same. If I didn't have a day job, it'd be MUCH quicker! biggrin.gif
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 22 2009, 06:56 PM) *
Maybe sometime I may purchase one, so might keep in touch. Though I am in Australia, so not sure if you do international.

If someone wants an original, I do international. smile.gif I even have a prepared list of the least expensive postage charges for packaging weights. biggrin.gif

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at artofthepaw@yahoo.com or if you're on My Space or Facebook, you can find me at myspace.com/coyote_duran and facebook.com/CoyoteDuran, respectively.

Thanks for inquiring, Fitz!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Coyote Duran @ Oct 22 2009, 04:23 PM) *
Hey, gang! I've shared a few pieces of art with you in the past and I've taken a different approach with my latest piece, a close-up acrylic-on-canvas panel (11" X 14") of Mike Tyson. It's just penciled for now. The painting starts tonight but I just wanted to share this stage for any critiques.

This is just one stage in my "Anatomy of a Painting" album on Facebook.

My in-progress Mike Tyson painting!

And yes, I will be moving on a Mayweather piece very soon!

you are a true talent... do you sell prints of your drawings or the actual paintings?...
Coyote Duran
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 24 2009, 10:07 AM) *
you are a true talent... do you sell prints of your drawings or the actual paintings?...

Thanks so much, JLUV! I'm actually looking into what prints cost and trying to balance quality with cost-efficiency but at this point, I create and sell originals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.