Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 104
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 01:51 AM) *
The only close round was the 3rd. Getting a UD when you lost 4 of the 5 rounds is a fucking ROBBERY. PERIOD.

Surviving 5 rounds isn't enough for a so-called champion to do to retain his title.

Shogun got fucking robbed. Period. Go check out Sherdog or any of the mammoth MMA websites. Machida fans are over there fucking APOLOGIZING to Shogun fans for the outcome of the fight. Machida's biggest supporters are calling it a robbery JLuv, I really just don't know what fight you watched.

This was a robbery in every sense of the fucking word.

lol... i dont need to check out a website to know what i just watched.. you are talking like i am saying i thing machida won no doubt... lol... i keep saying i give the edge to rua... but the key word there is edge... rounds 1 and 2 where not white wash rounds for rua in my opinion... neither fighter did much of anything... 3 i thought was close too but you say machida won that one so oh well... i thought rua clearly won rounds 4 and 5... in my opinion rounds 1 thru 3 where close and rather i think who ever one those rounds i think the judges gave machida the benefit of the doubt in those 3 rounds thus the scores announced at the end of the fight... you are acting like its the biggest robbery of all time and tht is so far from the case... im looking at the fight from both angles... it was a very highly boring and for the most part non action fight... all im saying is i can see how the judges scored the way they did... its a fight where either fighter could have won... had thefight been a few more rounds yes rua def. wins because he had the momentum by the end of the fight... what happened tonight happened to rua because he did not dominate rounds until the 4th... we can go on and on bout this but thats my opinion... flipside to what im saying the first few rounds also could have gone to rua... thats the surprise to me that none of the judges gave rua the benefit of the doubt... i actually espected a draw or a split decision... when they said unanimous i figured rua had it... i was shocked at the decision but like i said i can see how they came to their conclusion... the first two rounds where bout as non eventful as a mma fight can be... imo...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 01:51 AM) *
The only close round was the 3rd. Getting a UD when you lost 4 of the 5 rounds is a fucking ROBBERY. PERIOD.

Surviving 5 rounds isn't enough for a so-called champion to do to retain his title.

Shogun got fucking robbed. Period. Go check out Sherdog or any of the mammoth MMA websites. Machida fans are over there fucking APOLOGIZING to Shogun fans for the outcome of the fight. Machida's biggest supporters are calling it a robbery JLuv, I really just don't know what fight you watched.

This was a robbery in every sense of the fucking word.

lol... i dont need to check out a website to know what i just watched.. you are talking like i am saying i thing machida won no doubt... lol... i keep saying i give the edge to rua... but the key word there is edge... rounds 1 and 2 where not white wash rounds for rua in my opinion... neither fighter did much of anything... 3 i thought was close too but you say machida won that one so oh well... i thought rua clearly won rounds 4 and 5... in my opinion rounds 1 thru 3 where close and rather i think who ever one those rounds i think the judges gave machida the benefit of the doubt in those 3 rounds thus the scores announced at the end of the fight... you are acting like its the biggest robbery of all time and tht is so far from the case... im looking at the fight from both angles... it was a very highly boring and for the most part non action fight... all im saying is i can see how the judges scored the way they did... its a fight where either fighter could have won... had thefight been a few more rounds yes rua def. wins because he had the momentum by the end of the fight... what happened tonight happened to rua because he did not dominate rounds until the 4th... we can go on and on bout this but thats my opinion... flipside to what im saying the first few rounds also could have gone to rua... thats the surprise to me that none of the judges gave rua the benefit of the doubt... i actually espected a draw or a split decision... when they said unanimous i figured rua had it... i was shocked at the decision but like i said i can see how they came to their conclusion... the first two rounds where bout as non eventful as a mma fight can be... imo...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 03:08 AM) *
like i said i can see how they came to their conclusion...

Again, that's what I can't understand. It was a clear cut victory. That's the correct response. Any other response is unacceptable bullshit.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 02:14 AM) *
Again, that's what I can't understand. It was a clear cut victory. That's the correct response. Any other response is unacceptable bullshit.

unacceptable to you... the fight i watched was non eventful for the most part and in my opinion the first few rounds pretty hard to score... i understand you are emotional about it right now so im through with this convo but again.. i favor rua in the fight like ive said but i see how the judges scored it like they did... personally i thought a draw was fair in the fight...

on another note i hope its a while before they fight again... their styles are terrible in the ring together...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 02:20 AM) *
unacceptable to you... the fight i watched was non eventful for the most part and in my opinion the first few rounds pretty hard to score... i understand you are emotional about it right now so im through with this convo but again.. i favor rua in the fight like ive said but i see how the judges scored it like they did... personally i thought a draw was fair in the fight...

on another note i hope its a while before they fight again... their styles are terrible in the ring together...

Check out some of these sites, brother. Ain't no one "seeing how the judges could score it for Machida."

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 and 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

Dana White: "I had you winning."

No excuses, no debate, no nothing. Machida lost, he's a loser, he should've admitted it, and... SHOGUN GOT ROBBED!
Warlord
Probably not true, but there's a rumor flying around that Wanderlei Silva chased one of the judges to his car over this shit. LOL!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Check out some of these sites, brother. Ain't no one "seeing how the judges could score it for Machida."

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua
Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua
BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua
USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua
MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua
MMATorch : 48-47 Rua
MMAJunkie : 49-46 and 48-47 Rua
MMAMania : 50-45 Rua
5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)
Fightlinker : Rua (no score given)
ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua
Sherdog:
Jordan Breen -- 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp -- 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley -- 50-45 Rua

Dana White: "I had you winning."

No excuses, no debate, no nothing. Machida lost, he's a loser, he should've admitted it, and... SHOGUN GOT ROBBED!

bud i dont know why you find a need to go round and round bout this with me.. i keep telling you i give the edge to rua as well... only diffrence is i can see how the judges gave machida 3 rounds (neither fighter dominated rounds 1 or 2), he got lucky... they had to give the rounds to one or the other i guess... honestly this boring fight isnt worth so much convo on it... their styles mesh terribly and hardly nuthin took place the first two rounds is how machida was able to steal the fight... dont know how many fights youve seen but this fight is very far from the worst decision ever...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 03:37 AM) *
bud i dont know why you find a need to go round and round bout this with me.. i keep telling you i give the edge to rua as well... only diffrence is i can see how the judges gave machida 3 rounds

And I keep telling ya... that's bullshit! Machida didn't come close to winning the 1st or second rounds, nor did he come close to winning rounds 4 or 5. The only close round, by any means, was the 3rd.

dont know how many fights youve seen but this fight is very far from the worst decision ever...

Seen more than you, and that ain't even up for debate. I challenge you to find a worse decision in UFC history.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 02:40 AM) *
And I keep telling ya... that's bullshit! Machida didn't come close to winning the 1st or second rounds, nor did he come close to winning rounds 4 or 5. The only close round, by any means, was the 3rd.

Seen more than you, and that ain't even up for debate. I challenge you to find a worse decision in UFC history.

ok you are speaking your opinion bout rounds won... its my opinion that neither one of those fighters did enough to win rounds 1 or 2 and the judges had to decide who to give the rounds to... thats why i was figured wed be looking at a split decision...

as far as who's seen the most fights thats irrelavent as far as to the conversation... im sure we both know how to score a fight... thing is what you might look for in a fight i might look for sumtin else.. meaning boxing skill over pressing the action etc.... etc..

as far as you seeing more mma fights than me you might be right... wont challenge that but not boxing matches...... if youve seen more boxingthan me youve seen a whole hellava lot of fights....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 02:40 AM) *

ok you are speaking your opinion bout rounds won... its my opinion that neither one of those fighters did enough to win rounds 1 or 2 and the judges had to decide who to give the rounds to... thats why i was figured wed be looking at a split decision...

as far as who's seen the most fights thats irrelavent as far as to the conversation... im sure we both know how to score a fight... thing is what you might look for in a fight i might look for sumtin else.. meaning boxing skill over pressing the action etc.... etc..

as far as you seeing more mma fights than me you might be right... wont challenge that but not boxing matches...... if youve seen more boxingthan me youve seen a whole hellava lot of fights.... i watch mma as sumthin to do when there is no boxing on...
BigG
JLUV...bro..if you thought Machida won, youre giving him too much credit.

He KNEW he lost and looked shocked as fuck when he was given the decision.

I'm sure Dana White was rooting for Machida but you could tell he just wasn't happy with the whole thing.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 25 2009, 03:00 AM) *
JLUV...bro..if you thought Machida won, youre giving him too much credit.

He KNEW he lost and looked shocked as fuck when he was given the decision.

thats just it bigg i never said i thought machida won... what i said was i thought the fight was boring as hell and neither fighter did much in the first few rounds and thats where machida was able to steal the fight with the judges... i thought rua won the fight...
BigG
But you know Shogun DID take round 1 and 2 by landing more effective strikes. Round 4 and 5 were his. He DESERVED to win period. Machida got a gift by Dana White.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 25 2009, 03:06 AM) *
But you know Machida DID take round 1 and 2 by landing more effective strikes. Round 4 and 5 were his. He DESERVED to win period. Machida got a gift by Dana White.

i dont think dana white had anything to do with the decesion... i think its as simple as not much action early on and the judges giving machida the benefit of the doubt in rounds 1 and 2.... can you deny that was one of the dullest mma fights youve ever seen?...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 04:10 AM) *
i dont think dana white had anything to do with the decesion... i think its as simple as not much action early on and the judges giving machida the benefit of the doubt in rounds 1 and 2.... can you deny that was one of the dullest mma fights youve ever seen?...

That was not a dull fight by any means, it was a tactical fight; Muay Thai versus Karate. Muay Thai won.

Shogun won the 1st two rounds with leg kicks and counter rights over the top that had Machida's head-spinning. Where did you see ANYTHING notable or effective from Machida in the 1st two rounds? I'll save you the time. You didn't. Machida got his ass kicked. Rounds 4 and 5 Shogun came on STRONG. There is no room for debate here. Anyone saying they can understand the judging in this fight ain't go no business watching MMA.

Shogun got robbed.
AussieLad
No doubt shogun won that fight. He simply inflicted more damage, and took away Lyoto's legs.

I want to see Anderson vs Shogun. Andersons a big middleweight, he will match up nicely against shogun.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 04:05 AM) *
That was not a dull fight by any means, it was a tactical fight; Muay Thai versus Karate. Muay Thai won.

Shogun won the 1st two rounds with leg kicks and counter rights over the top that had Machida's head-spinning. Where did you see ANYTHING notable or effective from Machida in the 1st two rounds? I'll save you the time. You didn't. Machida got his ass kicked. Rounds 4 and 5 Shogun came on STRONG. There is no room for debate here. Anyone saying they can understand the judging in this fight ain't go no business watching MMA.

Shogun got robbed.

lol... so what you're saying is i have no buisness watching mma cuzz i can see a scenario for the judges swayed cards in rounds 1 and 2?... lol... you are too much... lol... anyway like i said all night last night and again now i gave the edge to rua in the fight... I THOUGHT RUA WON... i dont know how much more plain to make that... our debate seems to be over how the judges scored the first and second rounds... yes rua landed some good leg kicks but its not like machida wasnt landing anything either for the little action they put forward... i thought the first two rounds where pretty even personally that could have gone either way, that is why i say i can see the judges giving machida the benefit of the doubt, i am surprised however that none of the judges gave rua either of those very close non eventful rounds... had rua dominated at least one of those rounds like he did in rounds 4 and 5 he would be champ today... thats my opinion on this fight... now before you attack me again let me end by saying i feel rua deserved the nod... lol...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 25 2009, 07:34 AM) *
lol... so what you're saying is i have no buisness watching mma cuzz i can see a scenario for the judges swayed cards in rounds 1 and 2?... lol... you are too much... lol... anyway like i said all night last night and again now i gave the edge to rua in the fight... I THOUGHT RUA WON... i dont know how much more plain to make that... our debate seems to be over how the judges scored the first and second rounds... yes rua landed some good leg kicks but so did machida for the little action they put forward... i thought the first two rounds where pretty even personally that could have gone either way, that is why i say i can see the judges giving machida the benefit of the doubt... had rua dominated at least one of those rounds like he did in rounds 4 and 5 he would be champ today... thats my opinion on this fight... now before you attack me again let me end by saying i feel rua deserved the nod... lol...

See I don't even wanna hear that. I don't wanna hear that you thought Shogun won. I basically just want to hear the following things:

1.) Shogun Rua beat Lyoto Machida 4 rounds to 1 for the UFC Light Heavyweight title and every judge who judged that fight should be put to death for such an egregious error as to actually award that fight to piss-drinker Machida.

and/or

2.) Shogun Rua is an MMA demigod who shits gold and was cheated by evil corrupt judges paid off by God knows who, and that Dana White and the Ferritas died in a horrible flaming mass of wreckage caused by that pilot who went to sleep and missed his landing by 200 miles, and that Pride will live again and Steven and Bas will do announcing, because Goldy retired and Joe Rogan died from a bukkake overdose given by BJJ "experts," and that Lyoto Machida is in the hospital because the balls he never had rotted off due to gangrene because he drunk contaminated piss issued from his own body.

And Jluv, if you can't say something as simple as what I just wrote, then baby, you just need to go back to boxing and leave this shit to me.
Warlord
And I want props for my round-by-round effort. What a fucking masterpiece. I guarantee you there wasn't one better.
Warlord
Some quotes from Dana White at the press conference:

"I thought ‘Shogun’ won the fight”

White also went on to say:

“Everybody can watch a fight and look and see when momentum turns and when guys are landing more. I just don’t see how these guys [the judges] don’t see what everybody else sees.”

More from Dana White:

“It drives me crazy when these guys put so much time and work and effort into these fights, going out there and fighting like that, and then not getting the right call."

White finished by saying he wanted to schedule a rematch as soon as possible. Rua concurred that a rematch was in order. It was only the so-called champion (and admitted piss drinker) Lyoto Machida who didn't seem too keen on the rematch.

“If the UFC decides we should have a rematch, then let’s have a rematch.” Lyoto said. If the UFC decides, champ? How about YOU fucking decide, since it was your ass that got whipped and then gift-wrapped a stolen championship belt.

*The post-fight quotes used for this quality post are courtesy of Sherdog.com
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/machida-r...e-rematch-20544
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 07:47 AM) *
See I don't even wanna hear that. I don't wanna hear that you thought Shogun won. I basically just want to hear the following things:

1.) Shogun Rua beat Lyoto Machida 4 rounds to 1 for the UFC Light Heavyweight title and every judge who judged that fight should be put to death for such an egregious error as to actually award that fight to piss-drinker Machida.

and/or

2.) Shogun Rua is an MMA demigod who shits gold and was cheated by evil corrupt judges paid off by God knows who, and that Dana White and the Ferritas died in a horrible flaming mass of wreckage caused by that pilot who went to sleep and missed his landing by 200 miles, and that Pride will live again and Steven and Bas will do announcing, because Goldy retired and Joe Rogan died from a bukkake overdose given by BJJ "experts," and that Lyoto Machida is in the hospital because the balls he never had rotted off due to gangrene because he drunk contaminated piss issued from his own body.

And Jluv, if you can't say something as simple as what I just wrote, then baby, you just need to go back to boxing and leave this shit to me.

lol.. you not getting none of that out of me my man... i thought rua won but... lol... we'll agree to disagree on how he won and why maybe he didnt get the decision... lol...
Romulus9
Saw the fight. Just made my way to the thread. Shogun was robbed. That is all.
Warlord
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 25 2009, 09:05 PM) *

You, sir, are correct.

It's been quiet as fuck here too with all the Machida nuthuggers getting scarce since the fight.

Maybe some cats have learned a lesson from all this... but I doubt it. They'll still be eating the cum of every flavor of the month from here to kingdom come.
Mandirigma
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 25 2009, 10:05 PM) *

Amen to that sir
The CEO
Same here...just watched it...Shogun got robbed.

Machida, himself, knew he was defeated...he was hangin' his head before the decision was announced.
Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 26 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Same here...just watched it...Shogun got robbed.

Machida, himself, knew he was defeated...he was hangin' his head before the decision was announced.

And after "winning" the fight, Machida even apologized!

"There is three referees, they all say I win fight, I sorry guys!"

That doesn't sound like a guy who just won a fight, that sounds like a mother-fucker who just got his ass kicked, and KNOWS IT.

P.S. I think even the announcer was shocked as hell too. This is how he reads the cards:

"After 5 rounds of action, all 3 judges have scored the bout 48-47 for the winnner by unanimous decision... Lyoto Machida!"

In the UFC Buffer usually hypes the decision, asking the crowd to give the fighters a hand, and then he'll announce the winner by saying something like "And STILL the undefeated Light heavyweight champion of the world!!!" or "And NEW Light Heavwyweight Champion of the World!"

But we didn't get none of that. We got a guy reading something that was fairly obvious he didn't want to be reading, and therefore cut it off as soon as he could. (And allow the fans to start the chorus of boos.)
jlupi
So warlord, Who do you think won the fight?

LOL
Warlord
QUOTE (jlupi @ Oct 27 2009, 12:13 PM) *
So warlord, Who do you think won the fight?

LOL

I reckon I'd go with Shogun.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.