Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Dirrell will "box the ears off of" Arthur Abraham
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/b...15875-21769660/

Dirrell has a chance to bounce back on home turf against Abraham in January. Abraham finished spectacularly despite being a tad one dimensional in Berlin. I believe Dirrell will box the ears off Abraham and storm back into contention.

I say no fucking way....

Abraham is going to take this whole thing, in my opinion.
BigG
Dude, I've seen both and it's possible. Remember, Dirrell is super fast, with and is 6'3. I pick Abraham..but its not impossible for Abraham to lose. The guy has STRUGGLED in past fights.
JLUVBABY
abraham is looking to me like he will be the man to beat too... but i wantto see how my boy andre ward is looking.. he is my original pick and my pick now...
Spyder
Word.
Keith
Nope. Wont happen. Abraham bullies Dirrel worse then Froch.
Lil-lightsout
Abraham has got some serious power, but he is like a robot in there. I honestly am not that impressed with him, he is too methodical and is not busy enough in there and should be able to be beat. But not by Dirrell, I think eventually Abraham will catch Dirrell with a right hand and stop him. I see Dirrell frustrating Arthur early on with his style, but eventually Abraham will get to him and KO him. I just can not see Dirrell staying away from his power the whole fight.

It sucks Ward and Kessler fight next, cause I think both these guys will outbox and speed Abraham.
caneman
IMO AA has looked beatable to me in his last few fights yet it has looked like his power has been better. Regardless he is truly a tough guy & will be hard to beat!!! Anyone can have an off night & be out boxed but I still believe that AA & Kessler will be the last 2 standing in this tourney! AA for his power & the fact he is pretty balanced & Kessler for be very well balanced & his straight punches! I would really like to see Ward do something but I just don't think he will! A few here are really impressed with Ward's last fight but he fought a guy who was KOed by a middleweight & had a poor record while Kessler stopped a tough guy who had never been KOed before!!! We'll see what happens & I am looking forward to seeing the outcome honestly! Is JT gonna drop outta this tourney? Anyone hear anything else on him or from him?
D-MARV
Dirrell will be KO'd brutally.
kingknockout
Direll won't box nothing, he WON'T let his hands go and that's the only thing that bother's me, I love his speed and sharpness, but he doesn't throw the combo's when the time is right, there was times he had froch or however you spell it out on his feet and it was like he was scared to go in for the knock out. So he'd sit back and wait until froch was stable again.

Direll knows a hard hitter, and He knows how much his own chin can take, that's why he doesn't go in like that, he tries to fucking hard to be floyd, when in reality he's NOT floyd.

them pot shots/pick shots are nice when you absolutely make your opponent miss and look bad, but when he's actually landing some mean shots of his own on you..you'll have to fight just to get the judges vote.

abraham hits harder than froch in my opinion, and arthur is likely to fuck around and catch direll slippin, he's in better shape than froch and he hits harder also, if direll let his hands go more he can win the fight hands down, thats IF, but if he doesn't and tries to play "mayweather" he'll lose again.

and it's even times mayweather attacks on the offense, Direll just sits back and let's his opponent breathe until they get their leg's under their feet, cus in this tournament, he isn't going to get no one punch knockdown's and he's damn sure not going to get any knockouts.

Like I told my brother, If taylor isn't eliminated first, Andre Direll will be..yes taylor is shot and he's done,and i don't know why he was picked for this tournament anyway, but I will say this, out of all the guys in this tournament that are BEASTS, taylor can beat direll for sure.
Big Slim Sweet
Dirrell's getting KTFO in this one.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 25 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Abraham has got some serious power, but he is like a robot in there. I honestly am not that impressed with him, he is too methodical and is not busy enough in there and should be able to be beat. But not by Dirrell, I think eventually Abraham will catch Dirrell with a right hand and stop him. I see Dirrell frustrating Arthur early on with his style, but eventually Abraham will get to him and KO him. I just can not see Dirrell staying away from his power the whole fight.

It sucks Ward and Kessler fight next, cause I think both these guys will outbox and speed Abraham.

Ive said it before on here..Me and my friend both picked 2 guys to win the whole thing and my picks are Kessler and Ward and he picked Abraham and Dirrell..I don't see Froch winning it all and I definitely don't see Taylor making it through this tournament..Ward might expose Abraham's style..If I were one of these guys,I'd try to throw uppercuts at angles to Abraham's head/body at 45 degree angles to get between his arms while he has his high guard up..Roll the shoulder and throw em..The defensive style can be exposed by uppercuts I believe..Carmen Basilio uppercuts would do the trick..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 26 2009, 03:21 AM) *
Ive said it before on here..Me and my friend both picked 2 guys to win the whole thing and my picks are Kessler and Ward and he picked Abraham and Dirrell..I don't see Froch winning it all and I definitely don't see Taylor making it through this tournament..Ward might expose Abraham's style..If I were one of these guys,I'd try to throw uppercuts at angles to Abraham's head/body at 45 degree angles to get between his arms while he has his high guard up..Roll the shoulder and throw em..The defensive style can be exposed by uppercuts I believe..Carmen Basilio uppercuts would do the trick..

Froch definately ain't winning this. I mean all JT threw was freaking jabs at his head the whole night at Abraham, he(AA) probably will KO Squirrelly Dirrell next. But with Ward's and Kesslers boxing ability, they should be able to expose AA by using more than just a jab.
blackbelt2003
Look, I love a slick boxer as much as the next guy, but Dirrell is not slick...just cautious.

A slick boxer can stand in front of you, firing off punches and making you miss (a la Pernell Whitaker)

Or they can box from long range, pot shot and keep you at distance (a la Mayweather)

Or they can pepper you with combinations as you come forwards and zoom off again (a la Ray Leonard).

I'm afraid Dirrell does none of the above. He has the speed, he has the skills and he has the sting in his punches...but he fails to do any of the above adequately. He could only negate Froch's strength by holding, tying up and fighting negatively. A stronger ref could have come down hard on him and took more points.

Luckily the judges didn't penalise Froch too much for being the only one in there fighting, and didn't reward Dirrell's tactics too much either.

He shouldn't beat any of the other super six fighting like this.

Black
Keith

Someone should ask Dirrel if he likes Dr. Seuss. He should be allowed to choose the bedtime story before he gets put to sleep. help.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 25 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Abraham has got some serious power, but he is like a robot in there. I honestly am not that impressed with him, he is too methodical and is not busy enough in there and should be able to be beat.

There have been a lot of successful robots that are methodical. Wlad is one. He may look beatable but not many can beat him.
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 26 2009, 08:17 PM) *
There have been a lot of successful robots that are methodical. Wlad is one. He may look beatable but not many can beat him.

Ya, Robots work for me. I dont care how you look as long as you find a way to win. Abraham has done that every time, and most times with a KO. You know who looked like a robot to me... Winky Wright. That dude just did the same thing over and over. Move forward with earmuffs, jab, jab, left hand, repeat. And it worked ridiculously well. Or Chavez. Move foward, jab, body, body, repeat. And it worked ridiculously well.
Spyder
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Oct 26 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Look, I love a slick boxer as much as the next guy, but Dirrell is not slick...just cautious.

A slick boxer can stand in front of you, firing off punches and making you miss (a la Pernell Whitaker)

Or they can box from long range, pot shot and keep you at distance (a la Mayweather)

Or they can pepper you with combinations as you come forwards and zoom off again (a la Ray Leonard).

I'm afraid Dirrell does none of the above. He has the speed, he has the skills and he has the sting in his punches...but he fails to do any of the above adequately. He could only negate Froch's strength by holding, tying up and fighting negatively. A stronger ref could have come down hard on him and took more points.

Luckily the judges didn't penalise Froch too much for being the only one in there fighting, and didn't reward Dirrell's tactics too much either.

He shouldn't beat any of the other super six fighting like this.

Black

Dirrell has done all of those things in the past. The thing that he lacks is experience fighting a dirty fighter in his opponents hometown.

Froch is garbage. When they were both fighting within the rules of boxing, Dirrell was kicking his ass! He made Froch look like a pug from one of the local gyms. After Froch was CLEARLY frustrated, he tried to get disqualified to stop the embarrassment.

Unfortunately for Dirrell, Froch's plan to end the fight backfired, and the ref simply ignored the assault of fouls. Dirrell had no answer for Froch's illegal tactics other than to hold on...and according to the hometown ref, THAT was more deserving of action than ANYTHING that Froch did in the entire fight.

Froch is a BUM!
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 28 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Froch fighting dirty is extremely exaggerated. It was just a dirty fight by both fighters, nothing extremely terrible, just a classic dirty fight.

lol....what??....Froch was wayyyyyy "dirtier" than Dirrell...

Froch was rabbit punchin' all night long and even blatantly threw Dirrell Judo Style one time.....Dirrell did some holding and flopping...which one is more damaging to the opponent?...lol
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 28 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Froch threw a few rabbit punches, though many of them was because Dirrell was exposing the back of his head, putting his head down. That isn't defence. If you expose your head and you are facing your opponent, the back of the head should be fair game. Because you should not expose the back of your head to not get hit. That isn't defence it's being a bitch.
Also the judo throw is overrated, Dirrell was holding on like a bitch like usual, they were both moving and because Dirrell had spaghetti legs he got spun around through momentum not force. You know I can make gifs yeah? wink.gif
In the end, Froch won and Dirrell lost.

Europe - 2 (5)
USA - 0 (0)

laugh.gif

Another pathetic attempt to re-write history there Fitz...

Everyone here saw the fight, so there's really no need to paint a different picture than what actually happened.

Froch is a BUM!
The CEO
Why do you keep throwin' that score up??...you're Australian!!...what did America do to you??

laugh.gif
The CEO
lol...I'm followin' you....I know what you're up to...

You know...sometimes I miss the days when I used to battle all the foreigners that were here....it was a full time job that paid nothin'....but I miss it at times...

So I go to shithole forums under an alias and rip them a new one over there...LMAO.
The CEO
Oh yeah....easy enough if you're on a mission...lol

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 29 2009, 01:53 AM) *
Oh yeah....easy enough if you're on a mission...lol

I know the one's you go to CEO, I've seen your handiwork there before. LOL

I'm pretty sure you''ve done a fair amount of Hatton baiting in the past. I forget the thread but in one case they started off attacking you and then within 2 pages it had descended into chaos and they were ripping the shit out of each other. Hilarious.

What was that thread again?

Oh good times......
moscow bear
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 29 2009, 03:35 AM) *
Why do you keep throwin' that score up??...you're Australian!!...what did America do to you??

laugh.gif

why don't you stop crying
The CEO
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 29 2009, 04:04 AM) *
I know the one's you go to CEO, I've seen your handiwork there before. LOL

I'm pretty sure you''ve done a fair amount of Hatton baiting in the past. I forget the thread but in one case they started off attacking you and then within 2 pages it had descended into chaos and they were ripping the shit out of each other. Hilarious.

What was that thread again?

Oh good times......

Right now, I'm concentrating on the upcoming Ward win over Kessler....it KILLS them when you say Kessler's overrated....like the other day....I made a strong case that Kessler shouldn't be in a current Top 20 P4P, and that Froch should be ranked higher than him....lol....it was great.

and that thread was called "The USA-UK 'Rivalry'".....lol...good times is right!

QUOTE (moscow bear @ Oct 29 2009, 06:00 AM) *
why don't you stop crying

awwww, moscow.....I haven't shit on your home board in 2 years....don't be like that.
Snoop
LOL. What's this other forum you go to? I wanna check this out.
moscow bear
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 29 2009, 04:01 PM) *
Right now, I'm concentrating on the upcoming Ward win over Kessler....it KILLS them when you say Kessler's overrated....like the other day....I made a strong case that Kessler shouldn't be in a current Top 20 P4P, and that Froch should be ranked higher than him....lol....it was great.

and that thread was called "The USA-UK 'Rivalry'".....lol...good times is right!

awwww, moscow.....I haven't shit on your home board in 2 years....don't be like that.

look if Kessler somehow loses, I will be the first to acknowledge you as the king of calling upsets. But will you be here when Kessler makes Ward his bitch?
The CEO
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 29 2009, 12:35 PM) *
LOL. What's this other forum you go to? I wanna check this out.

lol...I'll tell you in a PM...I'm gonna be a REAL dick there after Ward wins....note I said "there"...

QUOTE (moscow bear @ Oct 29 2009, 01:36 PM) *
look if Kessler somehow loses, I will be the first to acknowledge you as the king of calling upsets. But will you be here when Kessler makes Ward his bitch?

Man you really haven't been around here much the past few years...you're out of the loop...sayin' I might go into hiding over bein' wrong on a loud prediction....lol

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.