Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocky 7 coming in 2010???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/10/24/sylves...ocky-7-in-2010/

After Sylvester Stallone wraps his fifth Rambo, apparently a curious creature feature and now officially given the go ahead to start shooting in the spring, it looks like Stallone is looking to once again revive his other iconic turn/cash cow. It seemed like a minor miracle to me that Rocky 6 was so well received and so going for a seventh roll of the dice seems at first like a gamble too far, but Stalloneís feeling quite philosophical:

When I was 21 years old and at drama school. My teacher said to me, ĎIf you ever put your head out there, thousands of people will try to cut it off, but thatís exactly what you need to do as an artist.í ďI know itís ludicrous and everyone would laugh. I would laugh about it. But I also know that Iíd be successful if I can make this a film about becoming older, not about boxing but about myself.

Do you know what, I think heís right, actually. Rock on Rocky 7.

He was reportedly speaking to Tele 5 in Germany, since which quotes have spread like wild fire across the web. I sourced my quotes from Teen Say.

Hereís just a touch more of what he said:

Even my wife says, ĎDonít do it. Youíre embarrassing the kidsí. But I told her, ĎIf I donít try Iíll be a really unhappy man.í You have to do it. Artists like me have to go through the dark over and over again.

Perhaps a leap into the true darkness of a non-franchise film would be good. Actually, that could include The Expendables, which still seems to be set pretty safely in Stalloneís 80s-brewed comfort zone, so maybe dabbling in a new genre would be necessary. Okay, basically, Iím wanting Stallone to do his long promised Edgar Allan Poe film. Am I alone in that?
Warlord
That's already been debunked, brother. Those were Stallone's comments regarding Rocky 6, taken out of context, and twisted to look like something they aren't. Stallone's reps have already denied this shit.

Shogun Rua got robbed.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 24 2009, 11:19 PM) *
That's already been debunked, brother. Those were Stallone's comments regarding Rocky 6, taken out of context, and twisted to look like something they aren't. Stallone's reps have already denied this shit.

Shogun Rua got robbed.

I got hosed! lol
Warlord
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 25 2009, 01:59 AM) *
I got hosed! lol

It's okay, bro. laugh.gif Normally we just assume it is the media's job to tell the truth. Unfortunately, they don't. That's why you got me.

J/K. I'm a huge Stallone fan, so I actually heard about this when it first came out, and saw the debunking of it too.

In other news...

MAURICIO "SHOGUN" RUA GOT ROBBED!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 12:17 AM) *
It's okay, bro. laugh.gif Normally we just assume it is the media's job to tell the truth. Unfortunately, they don't. That's why you got me.

J/K. I'm a huge Stallone fan, so I actually heard about this when it first came out, and saw the debunking of it too.

I haven't seen anything on Stallone debunking this, but I'll take your word for it. lol. I want you to be right.
Warlord
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Oct 25 2009, 03:23 AM) *
I haven't seen anything on Stallone debunking this, but I'll take your word for it. lol. I want you to be right.

Stallone didn't debunk it, his reps did, and some fans brought up the original article containing this interview. It was an interview Stallone did for Rocky Balboa.

And now in today's headlines... see my sig.
Lil-lightsout
Damn that sucks...I was really looking forward to another one. They just keep getting better and better and more realistic too.
caneman
Is it gonna be a wheel chair bout? rolleyes_anim.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 25 2009, 03:33 AM) *
And now in today's headlines... see my sig.

UFC had a card last night?

Was the robbery worst than Dirrell-Froch?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 25 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Is it gonna be a wheel chair bout? rolleyes_anim.gif

Naw man..It was going to be him vs. Swartzenegger..Rocky vs. Terminator..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.