Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antonio Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
maelstrom
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 30 2009, 01:15 AM) *
He engaged with him most of the fight, ran out of gas towards the end of the fight and it's simple as that. The point is Cotto fought who he needed to fight.
C'mon now..

Merchant and Kellerman asked Cotto if he wanted to fight Mayweather and he PUNKED-OUT both times by saying:

"I fights who my peoples tells me to fights"

LOL

Cotto wanted no parts at 140 or 147.

He even said himself:

"I'm in no hurry to fight Mayweather"

Williams called that little bitch out..Cotto had no reply.
streetlion1
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 27 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Cotto's defense is below average..especially for the uppercut...Tony's favorite punch.

If Tony's gloves were loaded Cotto would be dead.

Vegas officials WATCHED as Margarito's hands were wrapped..get over it..there was no cheating.

So YOU say....I think Cheato was on some shady shit against Cotto and Cotto was still giving him a boxing lesson until he got tired.

Cotto is open for the uppercut or straight right...but his skills/defense are solid. Besides Mosley...Cotto has fought the toughest opponents of all the welters and it took a cheater to beat him.

He'll continue to be a beast with a K.O. win over Pacman!! As far as him not calling out Gayweather....Cotto has never called anyone out...thats not his style..he just continues to fight the best in his division which is what a real fighter is supposed to do

....AND that over-rated antelope PW called everyone out so who cares...Pavlik would end his ass.
maelstrom
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 30 2009, 09:11 AM) *
So YOU say....I think Cheato was on some shady shit against Cotto and Cotto was still giving him a boxing lesson until he got tired.

Cotto is open for the uppercut or straight right...but his skills/defense are solid. Besides Mosley...Cotto has fought the toughest opponents of all the welters and it took a cheater to beat him.

He'll continue to be a beast with a K.O. win over Pacman!! As far as him not calling out Gayweather....Cotto has never called anyone out...thats not his style..he just continues to fight the best in his division which is what a real fighter is supposed to do

....AND that over-rated antelope PW called everyone out so who cares...Pavlik would end his ass.
Hotto called-out lil Pacman after a fight.

He couldn't remember Floyd's name but he sure recalled Manny's...lol

That bitch did NOTHING to get Floyd in the ring..Arum KNOWS he doesn't have a fighter that can beat Floyd.

Tony's hands where wrapped in the presence of Vegas officals...not his homies in Cali.

If Tony's gloves were loaded Hotto would be dead.

PW...the "overrated Antelope" DIDN'T GET BEATEN TO HIS KNEES LIKE A SASSY HOOKER by a "cheater"

Hahaha

Hahaha
BigG
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 30 2009, 12:23 PM) *
It was. But perhaps you did not catch the whole thread...that was a tangent to a comment that Mosley "did not look good" against Collazo, which in fact is a total fallacy.

As for the Cotto fight...Mosley was definitely the guy with more in the tank late...as I said, I had it a draw. Point being, Cotto shared a ring with him and was not given credit for beating him without ever fighting him.

JD...you'd really have to be generous to Mosley give him that fight or score it a draw IMO..he lost most of early-middle rounds and it was an even fight late. Even though Cotto was backing up, he was landing counter punches. Even Mosley himself stated that he lost that fight.
JD
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 31 2009, 08:54 AM) *
JD...you'd really have to be generous to Mosley give him that fight or score it a draw IMO..he lost most of early-middle rounds and it was an even fight late. Even though Cotto was backing up, he was landing counter punches. Even Mosley himself stated that he lost that fight.

That's cool. I had no problem with the decision...odds are that you and I saw one round different. I thought Mosley's late round rally evened it up, I am sure many saw Cotto winning. No issue for me either way.
Big Slim Sweet
I had Cotto-Mosley a draw. Weren't punch stats identical? for whatever they're worth.
Imperius3
I also had Cotto-Mosley a draw. It was close, and I didn't have a problem with the decision. I'm gonna have to watch that one again though...it's been a while.
streetlion1
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 30 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Hotto called-out lil Pacman after a fight.

He couldn't remember Floyd's name but he sure recalled Manny's...lol

That bitch did NOTHING to get Floyd in the ring..Arum KNOWS he doesn't have a fighter that can beat Floyd.

Tony's hands where wrapped in the presence of Vegas officals...not his homies in Cali.

If Tony's gloves were loaded Hotto would be dead.

PW...the "overrated Antelope" DIDN'T GET BEATEN TO HIS KNEES LIKE A SASSY HOOKER by a "cheater"

Hahaha

Hahaha

Whatever you say doesnt change the fact that Cotto has fought the best fighters in his division and has 1 questionable loss.

Floyd doesnt wanna fight ANYONE. A paper champion.....who doesnt deserve to mentioned among the top P4P!! Get ready for Gayweather-Hatton 2 laugh.gif

PW hasnt fought anyone yet besides Margacheato....up next is Martinez so we'll see.....hopefully one day I get to see Pavlik knock his Nighmare Before Christmas lookin ass out!
Method

I thought Shane Mosley pulled it out down the stretch as well. Maybe by a round? At WORST a draw. Cotto was very impressive early and mid. He bailed in the championship rounds.
PR316
^^^I agree.

I thought Cotto banked enough of the early and mid rounds to pull out the close decision, but there is no doubt Mosley finished that fight the stronger man with more in the tank.

I think a rematch with them would be equally competitive and could go either way.
xxxxxx
I was just looking back at old topics and found this one. I thought it might be a good idea to bring up this topic again since Margarito may be fighting again soon.
kidbazooka1
I Think Maragrito is done the Mosley beating finished him IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.