Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs. Pacquiao 24/7 comments thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
MarzB
I was thinking on the last 24/7 that the concept was getting a bit stale but for some reason I liked this one. One could argue there was too much focus on non boxing related things but I'm glad they focused on that (the typhoon in the Philippines). It's really unfortunate whats happening there.

Some observations. I can understand Pacquiao perhaps feeling like he doesn't want to turn his back on his country by leaving (he has the resources to do that unlike 90% of the people there) his training camp there, but it seems like he changes his mind every five minutes of sorts. You wonder who really runs the camp. Is it Roach or Pac's people??

Anyone familiar with that dish Cotto was eating? It looked really good. Cotto's training always looks good and steady. Those sparring partners of his looked pretty big. I'm curious of their speed which is the one thing i think cotto needs his sparring to mimic. Oh, incredible mansion they're staying in also.

Didn't know this fight was at 145lbs either.
Lil-lightsout
All these looks and no responses, guess many missed it on HBO last night. I watched it and was dissappointed for the most part. I just honestly found it boring, but it's better than nothing.

Cotto's friend is one fat mofo! They need this guy on a diet and workout plan. Cotto definately looks to be real serious for this fight, I like the way he has been training extra long for this fight. If Pac does not get Cotto out early in this fight, Pac is in trouble. I liked the way Roach interupted Pac in his lunch with that political figure(i think thats who he was), Manny seems to have too many other things on his plate when he should only be focused on training. I do not care for Roach, but it is good he made a stand for the benefit of Pac and his training.
Spyder
Oh, incredible mansion they're staying in also.

Yeah, for $30k a month it ain't too shabby...
Vista del Lago
PR316
I personally think that Team Pacquiao is staging all the supposed "tension" and "altercations" to try and throw Cotto off. I don't buy into any of it.

I still see Pacquiao winning honestly. But I'm backing Cotto all the way. I hope I'm wrong.
killamanjosho
All I really hope for is a good fight! The 24/7 was interesting but pretty boring...too much focus on the typhoon really. Haha and the food Cotto was eating looked damn good! What you guys think of the speed Pac's going to bring? You think Cotto will be able to handle it?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (killamanjosho @ Oct 26 2009, 04:39 AM) *
All I really hope for is a good fight! The 24/7 was interesting but pretty boring...too much focus on the typhoon really. Haha and the food Cotto was eating looked damn good! What you guys think of the speed Pac's going to bring? You think Cotto will be able to handle it?

Good question. I sure hope Cotto is prepared for it, cause Pac is crazy fast. Cotto needs to keep a tight defense so he does not get hit with any hard flush shots early.
maelstrom
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 26 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Good question. I sure hope Cotto is prepared for it, cause Pac is crazy fast. Cotto needs to keep a tight defense so he does not get hit with any hard flush shots early.
Pac looks crazy fast against washed-up fighters.

He's not as fast as HBO announcers and nuthuggers claim he is.

Arum will never put that little overrated thing in with Mayweather.
Yucayeke
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 26 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Arum will never put that little overrated thing in with Mayweather.

He looked pretty fast hitting the mitts. Dude looked strong as well. Cotto looks solid a s usual, but I wish he got a better trainer.
torvix2000
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Oct 26 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Or, maybe, Pac is 10 times faster than what you think he might be.
leonthegee
i thought the 24/7 was lame as fuck. both fighters speak almost no english and both are boring as shit.
Imperius3
Castillo as a sparring partner was a good move by Pacquiao's camp.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 26 2009, 08:49 PM) *
So they speak as good as Mayweather then?

Snap! My thoughts exactly. I mean if HBO can stump up for subtitles for Pac and Cotto then surely they can do the same for Roger and Senior.

And possibly take the time to edit out Floyd's st-st-st-st-stamering so that his sentences are a little more cohesive.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Shoot I was certain Cottos' gonna take this one out easy but now I'm not so sure. His corner is very very inexperienced and I don't take too much from the whole Roach/Pac tensions, that's just made for TV shit.

Cotto looks relaxed but I wonder if he looks too relaxed. I think this will be a real good test as to Pac's power north of 140 pounds coz Cotto can definately take a punch.

If Pac were to KO him I'd be super impressed, I still like Cottos' body work in this fight but now I'm not as super sure as before.

Damn reality TV!!
torvix2000
LOL! Both Cotto and Pac speak clearer English than Floyd.
King Eugene
Was it just me or did it seem like Cotto is some big time drug dealer. I mean his demeanor makes him seem so damn sneaky! Like he has something going on that nobody but some Mob Bosses in PR only know about.

He's still going to put them thangs on Pac. LOL. Damn I was hoping Pac was going to be to damn stubborn to ask for Freddie back.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 27 2009, 02:30 AM) *
i thought the 24/7 was lame as fuck. both fighters speak almost no english and both are boring as shit.

I know, i really feel for you this time Leon, i know it must be hard for you to watch this one after the luxury of being able to crack one off everytime Floyd appeared on screen last time.

Here you go, get your lucky sock out and get your fill of this pal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vdr2JLM-C4
JD
I actually think this 24 X 7 has some substance. It gives a real good look at what is going on in the Philippines and a sense of what Cotto and Pac are like. Personally I find it a lot more interesting than "this is my jewelry...these are my cars...I have more money than you...my shit is paid for...I am money for a reason". That gets kind of stale quickly.
maelstrom
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Oct 26 2009, 09:35 PM) *
LOL! Both Cotto and Pac speak clearer English than Floyd.
Only a damn fool would make such a claim.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 27 2009, 01:08 PM) *
I actually think this 24 X 7 has some substance. It gives a real good look at what is going on in the Philippines and a sense of what Cotto and Pac are like. Personally I find it a lot more interesting than "this is my jewelry...these are my cars...I have more money than you...my shit is paid for...I am money for a reason". That gets kind of stale quickly.

Agreed. I don't know why people thought it was boring they talked about the tsunami. I thought it was pretty damn decent of HBO to cover what's happening to the poor in the Philippines and not just go in there acting as if nothing was going on outside of the training camp. Plus, I think it does add meaning for a Pacquiao victory, actually makes me want to root for him.
Yucayeke
I thought it was good enough. really looking forward to the next installment. I want to see what the camp looks like. I still think Cotto will be too strong for Manny, but it is still certainly not set in stone. The only thing actually set in stone is.. That this fight will deliver!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 27 2009, 09:08 AM) *

Call me simple then. Cause I enjoyed listening to those crazy Mayweathers and all the other funny outrageous stuff that they say. Everybody got there own taste, I just personally found it a little boring. Just did not get me really hyped to see the fight, they really are kind of boring peronalities. If I want to hear about a tsunami, I will watch the news. Just kidding. I just think the only thing kind of exciting was about Roach confronting Pac. I mean us die hard fans are going to buy it regardless, but I think they have to try and sell this fight to the regular people too. That is what say the Mayweathers are good at doing. I definately am not knocking anyones opinion, and hopefully it gets a little more interesting/exciting for me. Bottom line we are in for a great fight regardless, but it be nice to get as many people on board to buy this to look good for boxing in whole.
MarzB
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 27 2009, 08:08 AM) *

I'll admit to the above and I'm quite sick of it since he's been doing this since 2000 but you gotta admit "Silverback gorilla piss" was a great line,lol. The kids laughing at "pee pee man Marquez" was classic also.

They're gonna have to put some human interest points into this guys if they're trying to attract casual fans and women. Thats just a fact we'll have to live with. Atleast this wasn't contrived as the phony baby monitor they used for Pac and his wife during the Pac/DLH 24/7.

So no one knows what that dish is/was Cotto and his crew were eating??
Douchebag
[quote name='MarzB' post='456953' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:33 PM']I'll admit to the above and I'm quite sick of it since he's been doing this since 2000 but you gotta admit "Silverback gorilla piss" was a great line,lol. The kids laughing at "pee pee man Marquez" was classic also.

They're gonna have to put some human interest points into this guys if they're trying to attract casual fans and women. Thats just a fact we'll have to live with. Atleast this wasn't contrived as the phony baby monitor they used for Pac and his wife during the Pac/DLH 24/7.

So no one knows what that dish is/was Cotto and his crew were eating??[/quote]

Pincho's
JD
QUOTE (MarzB @ Oct 27 2009, 04:33 PM) *
I'll admit to the above and I'm quite sick of it since he's been doing this since 2000 but you gotta admit "Silverback gorilla piss" was a great line,lol. The kids laughing at "pee pee man Marquez" was classic also.

So no one knows what that dish is/was Cotto and his crew were eating??

Personally I would be more interested in learning more about Floyd's youth. Marquez seems like a class act and all, but man...drinking your own pee and losing by shutout anyway - just not the way to go.

This 24 X 7 has some good story lines, and so far, I like it. Part of that has to do with the fighters themselves, but a lot of that has to do with what they are dealing with.
leonthegee
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 27 2009, 04:51 AM) *
I know, i really feel for you this time Leon, i know it must be hard for you to watch this one after the luxury of being able to crack one off everytime Floyd appeared on screen last time.

Here you go, get your lucky sock out and get your fill of this pal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vdr2JLM-C4

better than watching fat fucks jumping into pools and poor little asians walking around with beggers cups out. great tv
D-MARV
The first episode was OK! I much rather watch the Mayweather's but that's just me... Maybe if they can find a way to get Miguel's uncle involved, that could spice it up a little.
ROLL DEEP
Different people in it, different vibe - simple as that I think.

I've caught the episode on youtube and I think it's good. Enjoyed it a lot. It was funny to see Manny in the swimming pool like a drowning rat, haha. Bless him.
torvix2000
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Oct 28 2009, 07:55 AM) *
It was funny to see Manny in the swimming pool like a drowning rat, haha. Bless him.

It's fun seeing some of the toughtest people in the world looking like children. Hahaha!
D-MARV
The best part was Roach rolling out on the porch telling Pacquiao that they needed to leave now... then Pac looked at him like "Whatever, get the fuck out of my face!"
The CEO
I watched it twice....I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

Don't like what I saw from both combatants....they were both obviously not near their best back when it was shot....but I saw a lack of fire from Cotto...and a "silk sheet" mindset and lifestyle in Pacquaio....if ya know what I mean...

Cotto needs to get fuckin' hungry and steamroll him...

MarzB
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 28 2009, 08:27 AM) *
I watched it twice....I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

Don't like what I saw from both combatants....they were both obviously not near their best back when it was shot....but I saw a lack of fire from Cotto...and a "silk sheet" mindset and lifestyle in Pacquaio....if ya know what I mean...

Cotto needs to get fuckin' hungry and steamroll him...

I respect your observation and can DEFINITELY see why you see it like this. I just feel that a lot of this is staged, edited and we're not seeing the ENTIRE picture.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 28 2009, 09:14 AM) *
The best part was Roach rolling out on the porch telling Pacquiao that they needed to leave now... then Pac looked at him like "Whatever, get the fuck out of my face!"

Ha, he just rolled his eyes and was like 'Pffftt. Whatever, old man'.

I really enjoyed it.

It was nice to see Cotto's family in it too. Makes you realise that the sport of boxing isn't the 'be all and end all' to them and helps you understand why they make certain decisions.

Pac-man did seem to come across as a little spoilt, maybe? It's probably the way the show was edited, but he seemed to come off a little whiney or was it just me?

As someone has already said, it was a good move to have Castillo in as a sparring partner. That'll really help Manny prepare. I don't know too much about Cotto's partners?
D-MARV
Pacquiao TKO4 Cotto! Thats my final prediction.
Snoop
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Oct 28 2009, 08:55 AM) *
Different people in it, different vibe - simple as that I think.

I've caught the episode on youtube and I think it's good. Enjoyed it a lot. It was funny to see Manny in the swimming pool like a drowning rat, haha. Bless him.

It was funniest when Pacquiao mumbled, "No no no", when the trainer told him to do one more lap and eventually had to grab his hand to make him do it.
caneman
I am not sure Castillo is going to help Cotto much @ all when all is said and done other his experience as what it comes down to is weather or not Cotto can handle Pac's speed and power and Castillo is nothing like Pacman plus he couldn't even handle Hatton!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 29 2009, 01:32 PM) *
I am not sure Castillo is going to help Cotto much @ all when all is said and done other his experience as what it comes down to is weather or not Cotto can handle Pac's speed and power and Castillo is nothing like Pacman plus he couldn't even handle Hatton!

A prime Castillo would have eaten Hatton up.

maelstrom
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 29 2009, 01:38 PM) *
A prime Castillo would have eaten Hatton up.
Eaten him..digested..him..and whiped his ass with the union jack.
caneman
How well we all know what a prime Castillo would do to Hatton,,,I.couldn't even imagine what he would do to him ev erytime Hatton tried to hold him, lolz...it would have been murder inside of 3 rounds tops!
Lil-lightsout
King Eugene
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 29 2009, 01:32 PM) *

Castillo is in Manny's camp not Cotto's.
Imperius3
Damn, what was up with Cotto and that fat dude molesting each other in the pool?
Douchebag
Castillo was WORKING Pacquiao in sparring. That is all!
The CEO
I got 2 things to say about the 2nd Episode...

Pacquiao is believing his own hype, and Cotto TKO7.
Spyder
I got two things to say about the second episode...

Cotto and the fat guy were getting gay in the pool, and I just put money on Cotto TKO7.

laugh.gif
torvix2000
LOL!

Pacquiao will be the bigger guy come fight night. Coupled with Cotto being shot.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 1 2009, 10:47 PM) *
I got two things to say about the second episode...

Cotto and the fat guy were getting gay in the pool, and I just put money on Cotto TKO7.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wait...did you just Mush me??

and yeah....that pantsing shit is a little on the gay side...

torvix2000
Dana White should pounce on this opportunity.
torvix2000

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 2 2009, 06:03 AM) *

Congratulations, you just gave everyone a sneak peek of your new avatar a couple of weeks from now cervix
torvix2000
This won't look good as an avatar coz it's gonna be resized.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.