Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kevin Johnson???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
How much of a shot does this guy have against Klitschko?? I've seen very little of him. If I remember correctly, he's tall and gets hit a lot. He does have some skills, but fights in spurts and has no power to speak of. What chance does he realistically have?? I give him no shot. Klit will be Klit. He will do what he does. Jab, back up, Jab, back up. Turn to keep his back off the ropes... Jab, back up... Jab, back up for about 8 rounds until Kevin Johnson goes away... Among todays crop, the Klits are unbeatable... Just waiting for the next Buster Douglas to catch one of them sleeping...
Lil-lightsout
This the same guy who used to play for the Phoenix Suns? He was a little fellow and probably a little too old to make a career change.
D-MARV
I believe Johnson would last the full 12 but lose a wide decision
rightcross
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 27 2009, 11:24 AM) *
I believe Johnson would last the full 12 but lose a wide decision

He has no chance he is not aggressive enough he appears to not like to be hit he will be picked apart and possibly stopped like all those that came before him.
rightcross
He has no chance he is not aggressive enough he appears to not like to be hit he will be picked apart and possibly stopped like all those that came before him.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 27 2009, 03:33 AM) *
How much of a shot does this guy have against Klitschko?? I've seen very little of him. If I remember correctly, he's tall and gets hit a lot. He does have some skills, but fights in spurts and has no power to speak of. What chance does he realistically have?? I give him no shot. Klit will be Klit. He will do what he does. Jab, back up, Jab, back up. Turn to keep his back off the ropes... Jab, back up... Jab, back up for about 8 rounds until Kevin Johnson goes away... Among todays crop, the Klits are unbeatable... Just waiting for the next Buster Douglas to catch one of them sleeping...

Why?

They're nice guys, well spoken, well dressed, are among the very top fighters in history as far as KO% goes. (Vitali is #1 actually.) I wonder what it is fight fans can find not to like about them?
Method
Just waiting for the next Buster Douglas to catch one of them sleeping...

It's already happened to baby bro, more than once.

I cant STAND the Klitchko's. P$P fight like the biggest pussies in the sport...well, more so, Wladdy.

I understand what the stats say, and I agree that numbers (KO%'s) don't lie, but when you look at the owner's of said chins, those numbers lose their luster...and I'm sorry, I will NEVER get over that 12 round game of Patty-Cake Wladdy played w that other Russian.
BigG
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 28 2009, 01:22 AM) *
Why?

They're nice guys, well spoken, well dressed, are among the very top fighters in history as far as KO% goes. (Vitali is #1 actually.) I wonder what it is fight fans can find not to like about them?

Their the lamest Heavyweight kings in history...

Romulus9
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 27 2009, 10:23 PM) *

Jack Sharkey sure wasn't worth much. thumbsdown_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 27 2009, 09:22 PM) *
Why?

I actually like them. I just want to see them challenged. Right now, I dont see anyone that poses a huge threat to them.
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 28 2009, 12:41 AM) *
I actually like them. I just want to see them challenged. Right now, I dont see anyone that poses a huge threat to them.

The only threat is each other and I'd pick Vitali all day every day.
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 27 2009, 10:23 PM) *

You spelled "Their" wrong.

Are they lamer than Chris Byrd? John Ruiz? Samuel "No one can deal with my Powa!" Peter, Chris Nipple, Monte Barrett, Neanderthal Valuev, or the countless other mugs who've competed at heavy the the last couple of years?

No. They aren't.

I know some guys don't like them because sometimes they dress like faggots, or because they fight too defensively, but Jesus, they're by far better than most of the other drek I've seen at Heavyweight recently.

Lennox Lewis was a bigger faggot than both Klits combined. That mother-fucker is a man without a country, trying to claim Britain, Canada, and Jamaica, but couldn't get none of them behind him. His post-fight conference with Larry Merchant after the Klit fight summed up his entire career perfectly. A bumbling, stammering insecure little prick who's desperate for approval, and unreasonabely pretentious because he doesn't get it.

---

Larry: "Lennox, the crowd is booing you."
Lennox: "I wouldn't say that Larry. I wouldn't say that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7g22y58Og

---

Lennox: "Why are you saying I'm gay? I'm not gay. Ask your mom, ask your sister. I'm a 100% ladies man."
Hasim Rahman: "Man I didn't say you was gay, I said you ACTING gay."
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 28 2009, 07:21 AM) *
Haha, you are one of the few that appreciate that interview. I have mentioned it before about how funny that interview is, I'm glad there is someone who found the same. Me and my brother have watched that interview a few times to just have a laugh about it.

laugh.gif I still laugh about that shit every time I think of it. Lennox's pure denial of everything that had taken place was just sheer brilliance. Larry talking down to him while looking up, and yanking the mic out of his hands just took things to a whole 'nother level. Here's some of the gems I particularly enjoyed:

Merchant: "Lennox, you said he had no heart, you said he had no skill. What do you say now?"

Lennox: "Well if the fight woulda went more..."

Merchant: [cutting him off] "The fight didn't go more! The fight went 6 rounds, what is your impression of him now?"

Lennox: "He's okay... whaddya, whaddya want me to say?"

---

Lennox: "blah blah blah... so I don't know what YER talking about!" [used that exact line about 50 times. In fact, it was even the last thing he said to Merchant, lol. laugh.gif]

---

Merchant: "You were behind on all 3 scorecards."

Lennox: "Listen! He woulda got knocked out in the next coupla rounds, it was just a matter of time, he was definitely detereorating, so I don't even know what yer talking about."

Merchant: "I'm just telling you what the scoring of the officials is."

Lennox: "Oh... okay."

---

Merchant: "Were you tired, you seemed tired as well?"

Lennox: [still trying to catch his breath and sweating profusely all over the place, being wiped down by his corner mid-interview about seventeen times.] "I was just getting my second wind." [smiles at the ridiculousness of his own blatant lie.]

---

And my personal favorite, as stated before:

Merchant: "Why do you think they were cheering him and booing you, Lennox?"

Lennox: [pauses] "I wouldn't say that Larry. I wouldn't say that."

Merchant: "Do you think they were just surprised that he was able to compete with you and maybe they were just cheering for the underdog?"

Lennox: "I wouldn't say that, Larry."

---

Lennox: "I had one Klitschko for lunch. Bring on his brother, I'll have him for lunch too."

Merchant: "That was a hard meal to digest."

Lennox: "But I digested it good, so I don't know what YER talking abou..."

Larry yanks the mic away before Lennox actually gets it out this time.

laugh.gif

BigG
I used to kind of like Wlad but I dont care for him anymore. He has a HUG size advantage and athleticism as well and he is freaking strong but he is such a robotic SISSY boy. Watching Wlad do his thing (jab, clinchhhhhhhhhhhhh, jab jab clinch right hand) reminds me of Lennox Lewis vs. David Tua.
BGv2.0
I bet they run each other fingers through their repective treasure trails!

BAH!!!

Seriously though.....I have respect for the Klits in the fact that they are very intelligent people, that they are dedicated boxers with skills and that they seem to be really good human beings in general with all of their charity work and their personalities....

NOW.....all that being sad....I will say what I HATE about them.

Klit fans ALWAYS boast about this "highest KO percentage in HW history"......and when you say it like that....it sounds really nice and impressive on message boards and in print....BUT....it's kind of like a slick car salesman statement.

Of those percentages.....I'd like to know just how many were stunning, memorable KOs.

I can already tell you VERY FEW of them are.

Most of their KOs come via stoppages....either by ref or corner or on the stool.....many of them end with the opponent still on their feet....very few times do they starch somebody Lewis/Rock II style.

To do that you have to get close and engage and throw combos....we all know they are happy to sit back and take the stoppage via jab/right ALL F"N NIGHT LONG!

Which might get you the higest KO percentage ever....but it does not make fans happy....

NOW....I don't really blame them....why risk the loss if they can win from far away without closing the gap....it makes sense...it's smart....but it NOT and will NEVER be fan pleasing in any way.

If they would take more risks and end fight in spetactular fashion with BRUTAL KO's the way Tyson did....I'd have ZERO complaints about them....but watching them thud a person down over 11 rounds is BORING and although a display of ability.....unremarkable and unmemorable.

I don't ever record Klit fights anymore due to this issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.