Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arreola vs. Tua?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=21661&more=1

by James Slater - Henry Ramirez, trainer of heavyweight contender Chris Arreola, has confirmed to Ring on line that his charge will indeed be back in the ring on the Paul Williams card set for December 5th. Though some people may feel the 28-year-old is coming back to work too soon after his brave but losing effort against WBC heavyweight king Vitali Klitschko, Ramirez says his fighter is physically and mentally over the loss to "Dr. Iron Fist" and is ready to resume fighting.

Arreola, now 27-1(24) will start training for his return bout today, in Riverside, and the only question that remains is who will "The Nightmare" face on Dec. 5th? According to Ring on line, three names have been mentioned as possibilities: the recently returned David Tua, former WBC champ Oleg Maskaev and former world title challenger Ray Austin..

Obviously, Tua's name attracts the most excitement, and the thought of an Arreola-Tua slugfest is enough to bring shivers to the spine - what a great fight that could be! However, before we get too excited, Ramirez, for one, isn't convinced Tua is the man his fighter will be meeting; not yet anyway.

"Who knows whether it [a Tua fight] could happen?" Ramirez said in talking to Ring on line. "I have a feeling money will be an issue, though ....... I spoke to Dan [Goossen] and Tua's name came up but he doubted it would happen. All I know is we start training tomorrow."

The two other names being talked about, in Maskaev and Austin, would also be good fighters against which Arreola could return to action. Maskaev, though 40, remains a big puncher, especially with his right hand, and an Arreola-Maskaev fight has been a possibility in the past. "The Rain Man," Ray Austin, is probably the least attractive of the three options, being that he is the least known name of the three. But whoever Arreola comes back against, it's safe to say there will be much fan interest.

And Ramirez said nobody needs to worry that his warrior is coming back too quickly.

"The best way to get over a fight is to start preparing for another one," Ramirez said. "We're just waiting to hear the name. This doesn't give him too much time off but, hey, the problem Chris had is too much time between fights. That's not going to be a problem now. Some might feel it's too soon after a disappointing loss but we don't feel that way.

"People want to say he was beaten to a pulp [Vs. Vitali]. Maybe if I'd allowed the fight to go two more rounds, then he might not be able to fight Dec. 5th. He was over it that night, though. If I thought he wasn't physically ready, he wouldn't be fighting."

So, being the tough guy he is, Arreola has apparently put the 10th-round retirement loss behind him, just as he promised he would in interviews he gave shortly after the September 26th bout. Can "The Nightmare" storm back with an eye-catching KO win now? It may be, especially if he does face Tua, that Arreola's fight winds up getting the most fan attention on Dec. 5th!

And even if Arreola doesn't fight Tua then; let's all cross our fingers that the two exciting bangers do meet one day soon. Again, that fight has classic written all over it.

This would be very interesting. It surely wouldn't go the distance. Chris has a lot of heart and would be willing to go toe to toe with Tua. I believe if he can take Tua's best shot early he'd have a chance in either stopping Tua late(exhaustion) or getting an easy decision.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 28 2009, 01:40 AM) *
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=21661&more=1

This would be very interesting. It surely wouldn't go the distance. Chris has a lot of heart and would be willing to go toe to toe with Tua. I believe if he can take Tua's best shot early he'd have a chance in either stopping Tua late(exhaustion) or getting an easy decision.

I can see it now. They'd call it the Battle of the Bulge... I think Tua gets Chris outta there at some point.
Rivado
Disaster waiting to happen for Arreola. This has Tua comeback fight written all over it, IMO.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Rivado @ Oct 28 2009, 01:49 AM) *
Disaster waiting to happen for Arreola. This has Tua comeback fight written all over it, IMO.

Nah despite the klitchko loss Arreoloa showed good stamina Tua will make it competitve for a few rds then Arreola will take over.

Arreola by late rd stoppage.
King Eugene
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 28 2009, 01:55 AM) *
Nah despite the klitchko loss Arreoloa showed good stamina Tua will make it competitve for a few rds then Arreola will take over.

I noticed that as well. He was taking a beating but never stopped coming and showed very little signs of fatigue...just a whole lot of frustration.
Rivado
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 27 2009, 10:55 PM) *

Stamina?

I guess sitting there, a big ole target, taking shots without a response takes stamina. You right homie.

Arreola's heart is solid as a rock not sure his chin is.
Arreola is an Aztec Warrior, his detemination is admirable and pure gold but his skills are not as refined as we may want to believe.

The veteran bulldozer in Tua takes everything Arreola gives while dishing out some damage as well. Experience wins.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
No surprise in my pick. Tua gets Arreola out of there fast. Chris is too damn hittable and Tua loads up waaay more than either Klit, that left hook is still something else.

Although he just beat a bum in Shane Cameron the main point in that fight for Tua was his weight (v. good for him, lighter than when he fought Lewis, which in all fairness if his 'comeback' is to have any merit it would have to be) but most importantly with the weight loss there was (surprise surprise) a lot more speed than there has been in recent times.

I really hope David can make this fight happen coz if he knocks out Arreola quicker than Vitali (shit was it Vitali?), which I really believe he will do then that makes a big statement to the division.

Tua may be one dimensional but in his career he only lost to the best of the very best, he doesn't lose to the Arreola's of the world.
Spyder
QUOTE (Rivado @ Oct 28 2009, 01:49 AM) *

This post has Rivado comeback written all over it! laugh.gif

Welcome back!
Lil-lightsout
Tua by vicious early KO.
Rivado
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 28 2009, 10:05 AM) *
This post has Rivado comeback written all over it! laugh.gif

Welcome back!

I read that and I was like --

Thanx
BigG
I got Tua by KO early...Tua can still bomb.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 28 2009, 08:20 PM) *
Tua by vicious early KO.

We can only hope..Tua barely throws any punches and starts extremely slow these days though..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 29 2009, 12:36 AM) *
We can only hope..Tua barely throws any punches and starts extremely slow these days though..

You obviously didn't see his last fight! LOL
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 28 2009, 06:05 PM) *
I got Tua by KO early...Tua can still bomb.

I was wrong before, I bet on Arreola to win against Klistchko... Im optimistic Arreola can knock out Tua...before round 4 ends....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Oct 29 2009, 01:50 AM) *
I was wrong before, I bet on Arreola to win against Klistchko... Im optimistic Arreola can knock out Tua...before round 4 ends....

What he could do what was beyond a prime Ike Ibebuchi and Lennox Lewis, guys who couldn't even put him on the deck let alone knock him out?

Hmmm you must be high on Arreola.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 29 2009, 12:37 AM) *
You obviously didn't see his last fight! LOL

Probably not..How many come backs has he had??2??After Rahman he took off 2 years then I think he did it again..Last fight I saw of him was Hawkins I think..I'm not the biggest Tua fan but I have mad respect for him..I feel like if you take his left hook away like Byrd did he is not the biggest threat..Tua doesn't deal with boxers too well..Arreola is not a boxer..

-----Just watched his last fight,if Arreola trades with him,he gets KO'd..hahaha..I think we all know that though without having had to watch the fight..It's not smart to trade with him..His stamina sucks though..He needs to lose some weight..Arreola has 0 chance of KOing Tua..Tua has a great chin and Arreola isn't as big of puncher as most think I feels..Lennox definitely hits way harder..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 29 2009, 04:04 AM) *
Probably not..How many come backs has he had??2??After Rahman he took off 2 years then I think he did it again..Last fight I saw of him was Hawkins I think..I'm not the biggest Tua fan but I have mad respect for him..I feel like if you take his left hook away like Byrd did he is not the biggest threat..Tua doesn't deal with boxers too well..Arreola is not a boxer..

-----Just watched his last fight,if Arreola trades with him,he gets KO'd..hahaha..His stamina sucks though..He needs to lose some weight..Arreola has 0 chance of KOing Tua..Tua has a great chin and Arreola isn't as big of puncher as most think I feels..Lennox definitely hits way harder..

I think Tua's weight in his last fight is about the right weight for him now. Maybe an extra 6-8 pounds but he seems in a pretty good place right now, being in NZ we follow him a little more closely than in the states interview wise, training wise and so on and he seems to have his shit sorted, which is important for Tua.

He has finally settled with his old managers and has some cash coming to him (it's all been frozen for the last 6 years while they have been in court) and I like him to make one last tilt at a title.

He is starting to use his right hand more as well, I think Roger Bloodworth definately gets the best out of Tua.

I guess we'll see. But seriously Blaze woudn't you just love to see him rip Arreola a new one. He'd certainly do a more thorough job than either of your beloved Klits! LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.