Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just wondering...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
E.C.LEGEND
Since BHOP still holds the ring magazine belt, (you are recognized as the best light heavy if you hold that belt) who gets that belt if he loses to Roy Jones? Does Roy get it (would be nice) or does the winner of Dawson Johnson get it? I was just wondering because I never seen anyone fight for just that belt so I was wondering how you would get it in the first place? dntknw.gif

(Mod note: Topic description added for clarity.)
Lil-lightsout
Back in the day belts meant something. Today, I just use my common sense to figure out who REALLY is the best. I seriously don't give a f*** what ring magazine says. Just my take.
E.C.LEGEND
good looking fitz, I know BHOP is ranked #1 in the light heavy division so I was just wondering. yeah titles mean nothing now days, fighters vacate them as fast as they win them.
King Eugene
If they fight that would mean Jones would have beaten Green and won the IBO Cruiserweight title. I think it would make more sense if that title was on the line even though its meaningless instead of fighting at LHW. I'm sure this will probably be a catchweight fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Oct 28 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Since BHOP still holds the ring magazine belt, (you are recognized as the best light heavy if you hold that belt) who gets that belt if he loses to Roy Jones? Does Roy get it (would be nice) or does the winner of Dawson Johnson get it? I was just wondering because I never seen anyone fight for just that belt so I was wondering how you would get it in the first place? dntknw.gif

I was wondering how Hopkins holds the ring title at 175 since he lost to Calzaghe. Is it due to his GBP connection? Woulda been nice for Calzaghe to fight Dawson and we get some clarity here. I think the Ring title at 175 is an open book. Dawson/Johnson vs Hopkins/Jones winner should be THE guy at 175.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Oct 28 2009, 12:20 PM) *

Hahaha...good wondering...I'm with you...hahaha...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.