Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto Calls out Shane!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
Andre Berto is now bashing Shane here are Bertos comments that he posted on Twitter

"Is Shane_Mosley that desperate talkin all this crazy s**t no knowing he's makin himself look like a dumb ass like he did with floyd"

"Shane_Mosley Boy I will shread yo ass up. U poppin smack at the wrong one iam not floyd"

"His ol lady had the pants in the realationship now she's gone so he's startin to speak up like a big boy ha ha I see u Shane_Mosley"

"U know what I don't even think I want to fight Shane_Mosley u know he's know for takin them steroids prolly got some in his pocket now"

WOW what's everyone thoughts on that?

I hope this fight happens I think it will be a good match up!
Keith
Are you making this shit up?

What an idiot.

The CEO
Berto's talkin' "show" shit....Mosley would beat that boy like an adopted, redheaded stepchild...
thehype
I'm sorry, but it just doesn't sound right to hear that someone is talking smack on something called "Twitter".

"Yo son, did you see what homie just tweeted about you?"

"Nah kid. What he say? What he say?"

"Yo, word to my motha son, he was straight trash tweetin you homie."

"Word? Ah man. Give me my phone! Give me my phone so I can drop a tweet to my tweeps and tell them to retweet that clown."

laugh.gif
provo
QUOTE (Keith @ Oct 28 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Are you making this shit up?

What an idiot.

LOL na im not making it up! My boy at work told me about it so I started looking for it on my fone and googled it LOL and it poped up saying Berto has message for Shane on his Twitter account!
lloyd mayflower
Never have i wanted to see Shane smash someone more. What a little twat
JD
Do you really need to call a guy out when you are in the middle of negotiations with him and his team?
provo
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 28 2009, 04:37 PM) *
Do you really need to call a guy out when you are in the middle of negotiations with him and his team?

Maybe shit aint going right bro somethings up!

Badlefthook.com is the site its on.
Romulus9
Shane was going to win easily anyway.

Go ahead, Berto. Piss him off, too.

That should help.
PR316
Berto wants that pay day.

I still think that this is a bit of a risky fight for Mosley due to the fact that there's a good chance of this being an ugly wrestling match with lots of clinching and mauling.

Still favor Mosley but I think this is a riskier fight than most here believe.
provo
QUOTE (PR316 @ Oct 28 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Berto wants that pay day.

I still think that this is a bit of a risky fight for Mosley due to the fact that there's a good chance of this being an ugly wrestling match with lots of clinching and mauling.

Still favor Mosley but I think this is a riskier fight than most here believe.

Im with you on that! It could be a ugly fight berto will throw his right hand and clinch and throw that uppercut as soon as they clinch, I think shane gets pushed to the limit in this fight but pulls out a split decision
JD
I think Mosley catches Berto on the chin and bangs him out of there inside of 8. He will take some shots doing so, but the knock on Berto coming up was his chin - and it has shown to be an issue.
Lil-lightsout
Berto has too many flaws to beat Mosley. Eventually Berto will get caught and will go to sleep. Only thing Berto has edge on Shane is speed and youth. I think it could be interesting early on, but Mosley would eventually figure him out.
JPipe
all berto have to do is sign the paper. for the folks that dont know shane signed it long time ago.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 28 2009, 01:35 PM) *
LOL na im not making it up! My boy at work told me about it so I started looking for it on my fone and googled it LOL and it poped up saying Berto has message for Shane on his Twitter account!

well.... a Berto-Shane fight is goooood!... let's see who wins...is the fight possible?...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I've seen Berto hit and hurt by too many guys who aren't Shane Mosley nor as good as Shane Mosley.

Shane I think is insanely strong for a WW, just look at the way bullied Margarito around the ring (and despite his limitations Marg was pretty strong himslef for a WW) and has way too much power for china chin Berto.

Be careful what you wish for you may just get it.
streetlion1
Berto gets handled easily by Mosley.
Big Slim Sweet
I agree this is a tough fight for Shane. Berto has terrific speed and is a strong dude himself. I actually expect him to be beating Shane at his own game for the first part of this fight.

Mosley's a class above though and this will ultimately show in a hard-fought victory that makes everyone say he's vulnerable again. Which should actually be a good thing for Shane, since that's the the only way he's going to get the Mayweathers or Pacquaios to consider sharing him a ring with him.
JLUVBABY
ive always thought berto was a dangerous fight for shane.... i think its the reason shane didnt fight him months ago and is going on a year soon that he hasnt fought.... shane can do all the talking in the world but at his age he needs to be be keeping sharp if he wants to remain a factor... berto is not a walk in the park for mosely...
KookedKrack
lol @ this shit if collazo was able to find his chin, Mosley will put him to sleep.
iron_mike
I can't blame Berto for stirring things....he is so boring and is not a draw, the only way to land a decent fight is to trash talk,,,don't give a shit about his hand speed, I'd rather watch Wlad vs Floyd, running and safety boring ass fight vs Berto...he makes my skin crawl
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 30 2009, 11:04 AM) *
lol @ this shit if collazo was able to find his chin, Mosley will put him to sleep.

i dont see where this fight is so much a white wash for mosely... yes berto had his time with collazo but mosely had his time with mayorga not so long ago... mosely is not the greatest and hasnt fought in a minute... styles make fights and until they fight its all speculation... my thought is even if he loses berto makes a name off the mosely fight.. i think he lets mosely know hes in that ring win or lose... he's got the spped to contend and may not hit as hard but bertos hits pretty hard himself at the weight... its a legit fight... i cant really pick berto but i wouldnt be surprised if he won the fight...
JD
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 30 2009, 01:04 PM) *

Even worse...Cosme Rivera...

Go to about the 2:40 mark, and then watch him walk back to his corner.
KENSOFINE
I agree that it will not be an easy fight for Shane. That clip is second half of a fight against a guy whom he felt posed no threat, hence the wreckless chasing without caution. I am sure he would perform much better than that clip indicates if it were Shane.
PR316
If there's one thing we've seen in boxing, its guys raising their game when they get a big fight. This being Berto's first fight against a real elite guy, I think he'd be very motivated and he would raise his game for the occasion.

Not saying Berto is going to win. But he is a young guy. He's fast, strong, and when he wants to he can maul and wrestle, and make the fight an absolute bore. He's looked shaky against lower class guys but that can happen to anybody. There are COUNTLESS examples of this very thing.

Despite Mosley's great showing against Margarito, we forget that against guys that use hand speed and movement he too has his problems. Now Berto is not on the level of Winky Wright or the late Vernon Forrest. And he's probably not as good as Cotto. But he's more than good enough to give Mosley some problems. Ricardo Mayorga was. He gave Mosley a competitive fight and Mayorga is not as skilled as Luis Collazo.

I think Mosley either decisions him or possibly takes him out late. But it would be no walk in the park. I think Berto's stock would go up even in losing this fight.
provo
I agree with everything JLUV said !

Berto will give Shane trouble we will see Shanes age in this fight! The Margarito fight yes shane looked good but I think maragrito getting caught played a big factor he wasn't in the right state of mind to fight! Shane was having trouble with Mayorga and got outboxed by cotto and at that time cotto was barely starting to use his boxing skills,

provo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 30 2009, 10:04 AM) *

That's like saying if Mayorga can clinch hold and land on shane what do u think a stronger faster holding berto will do to shane land that right uppercut all day !Right?
Stlyes make fights before the margarito fight lot of people thought shane was done !
Vodoo
The reason Berto went off on Mosley is because about a week ago Berto gave an interview on Boxingtalk where he said that he was either fighting Hlatswayo or Shane if the money was right. Now seeing as how the Mosley Berto fight should have been signed a long time ago it sounded like Berto was avoiding the Shane fight IMO. I guess Shane thought the same thing because he was on Boxingtalk the next day saying he didn't think Berto wanted to fight him, and that he didn't really want to ruin Berto's career anyway. So Berto took that as disrespect and that is when he tweeted about Shane and then went on Boxingtalk the next day for the rubbermatch and talked shit about Shane on there too, saying that the respect level was gone now. Nothing like a good old lion versus young lion grudge match. However, Shane never needed motivation, he tries to kill guys in the ring whether he likes them or not.
maelstrom
QUOTE (provo @ Oct 31 2009, 04:35 PM) *
I agree with everything JLUV said !

Berto will give Shane trouble we will see Shanes age in this fight! The Margarito fight yes shane looked good but I think maragrito getting caught played a big factor he wasn't in the right state of mind to fight! Shane was having trouble with Mayorga and got outboxed by cotto and at that time cotto was barely starting to use his boxing skills,

That's a piss poor EXCUSE.

Shane would kick Tony's ass if he got caught trying to cheat or not.

Mayorga > Margarito

DAVID ESTRADA gave Shane more trouble than Tony....hahaha
PR316
^^^ I have to agree. Sorry but I never bought this whole "Margarito is the most feared man around" type thing. I always thought he was overrated.

His win over Clottey had suspect scoring IMO. He was getting outclassed by Cotto the first 6-7 rounds of that fight before Cotto gassed out, "illegal handraps" or not. He was outboxed convincingly by Paul Williams, and absolutley MURDERED against an old Mosley, whom was even given a more competitive fight months prior against Ricardo Mayorga of all people. Even Daniel Santos gave him problems, and even holds a W over him.

Tony was just never anything special. He was pumped up by media, Doug Fisher in particular, with the constant articles and statements about how "big and strong" he was, how "Mayweather turned down 8 million", "Mosley didn't want to fight him", etc. etc. This guy literally lived off nothing more than media hype... Thats it... Whenever he faced an A-level guy, he was exposed in one way or another, and he would have lost to Cotto had Miguel fought a more smart fight.

Sorry had to vent. Tony to me was just nothing special and I don't know why people saw anything special in him. Yeah he was a warrior, and he was exciting. Had a helluva chin too. But nothing close to an A- level fighter.
Big Slim Sweet
And yet Floyd ducked him.
Lil-lightsout
About the Mosley-Estrada fight that I want to get off my chest. Shane was definately not at his best for this fight, it was quite obvious to see. He surely did not prepare his best and was not really motivated for Estrada. Ever heard of fighters fighting down to there level of competition or not being at there best? So so many fighters have been guilty of this. Remember Mayweather-Burton/Augustus? Toney-Thadzi? DeLaHoya-Sturm? Judah-Baldomir?

Also do not agree with Cotto was outclassing Tony for the first 6-7 rounds. Though I had Cotto up, Margarito was landing his own powerpunches and doing damage in those rounds. I do not think just cause Cotto gassed is a legit excuse. Tony was doing some good things in there before Cotto got beat up brutally late. Tony is not the most skilled, but he is strong and relentless. And it is the WAY Mosley beat him(Margarito) that is special. Against Cotto, Clottey, and Williams, it was different.
Vodoo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 3 2009, 06:05 PM) *
About the Mosley-Estrada fight that I want to get off my chest. Shane was definately not at his best for this fight, it was quite obvious to see. He surely did not prepare his best and was not really motivated for Estrada. Ever heard of fighters fighting down to there level of competition or not being at there best? So so many fighters have been guilty of this. Remember Mayweather-Burton/Augustus? Toney-Thadzi? DeLaHoya-Sturm? Judah-Baldomir?

Also do not agree with Cotto was outclassing Tony for the first 6-7 rounds. Though I had Cotto up, Margarito was landing his own powerpunches and doing damage in those rounds. I do not think just cause Cotto gassed is a legit excuse. Tony was doing some good things in there before Cotto got beat up brutally late. Tony is not the most skilled, but he is strong and relentless. And it is the WAY Mosley beat him(Margarito) that is special. Against Cotto, Clottey, and Williams, it was different.
Nice try, but I'll tell you what really happened in the Estrada fight. Shane was training under a new trainer. John David Jackson who was emphasizing boxing, defense, and being less aggressive. Contrary to popular belief Shane dominated the Estrada fight, he just didn't do it the way everyone was used to which was by putting hurt on his opponent and getting a KO and because of that, everyone assumes he had difficulties or a lack of motivation. Yet if you rewatch that fight you'll see that Shane used distance, and defense and dominated Estrada with boxing, not powerboxing. If anything Shane's only problem was he was still trying to regain the confidence that he lost after the Forrest fights. By going a more defensive boxing route I think he was trying to find himself by thinking he needed to change, and in that instance I agree that he was not at his best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.