Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lopez vs Luevano and Gambo vs Mtagwa..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PR316
Looks like Mtagwa will slide into Concepcion's spot to face Gamboa according to Top Rank(Source Boxing Scene)...

Do you guys believe that Gamboa will make quick work of Mtagwa unlike Lopez or will there be some similar problems that Lopez had to deal with??
Lil-lightsout
I seen that Mtagwa fight for so long, he is like the poor mans Emmanuel Augustus(but better). He is alot better and tougher than giving credit for. Can not always trust records. Gamboa is very sloppy and has a questionable chin, so maybe Mtagwa could get to Gamboa and stop him? Or maybe Gamboa could be too quick and powerful for Mtagwa and get him out of there. Either way we will find out alot about Gamboa. I would slightly favor the more polished champ, but would not count out the tough veteran. Especially knowing how well he faired against Lopez.
BigG
I'm a big fan of Luevano..he's a tricky bastard. But I think Juan Manuel totally took his last fight lightly. I think he may beat Luevano.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Shit, I think they should flip the names on this card. Lopez should be fighting Mtagwa again and Luevano and Gamboa should be getting it on for the featherweight title. I don't know how well Mtagwa will do against Gamboa. I think it will be a war worth watching. I'd like to see how he'd do against Luevano though. That would be an intriguing fight.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 29 2009, 01:19 AM) *
I seen that Mtagwa fight for so long, he is like the poor mans Emmanuel Augustus(but better). He is alot better and tougher than giving credit for. Can not always trust records. Gamboa is very sloppy and has a questionable chin, so maybe Mtagwa could get to Gamboa and stop him? Or maybe Gamboa could be too quick and powerful for Mtagwa and get him out of there. Either way we will find out alot about Gamboa. I would slightly favor the more polished champ, but would not count out the tough veteran. Especially knowing how well he faired against Lopez.

If Mtagwa is better than Emmanuel Augustus, then why is he a poor mans version?
kidbazooka1
I think Gamboa will have a hard time with Matgawa might even get dropped a few times but he'll pull off the W.

As for Luevano/Lopez thats an interesting one Luevano like G stated is a tricky guy with good range and speed. I actually see him giving Lopez a tough fight aswell but Lopez power will be the difference.

Lopez by UD or possible late stoppage.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 28 2009, 11:39 PM) *
If Mtagwa is better than Emmanuel Augustus, then why is he a poor mans version?

Because Augustus is way more known and popular than the little known Mtagwa.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 29 2009, 05:24 AM) *
Because Augustus is way more known and popular than the little known Mtagwa.

I thought the term "poor mans" was in reference to someone's skills being sub-par to the person they were being compared with.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 29 2009, 12:29 PM) *
I thought the term "poor mans" was in reference to someone's skills being sub-par to the person they were being compared with.

You are right. I used it related to just popularity(not skills) is concerned. Sorry for the mistake.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 29 2009, 06:19 PM) *
You are right. I used it related to just popularity(not skills) is concerned. Sorry for the mistake.

All good. Besides, I don't think anyone cares about this besides us two. Even then, I don't know how much you care about it. LOL.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Oct 30 2009, 09:59 AM) *
All good. Besides, I don't think anyone cares about this besides us two. Even then, I don't know how much you care about it. LOL.

laugh.gif
PR316
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 29 2009, 04:17 AM) *
I think Gamboa will have a hard time with Matgawa might even get dropped a few times but he'll pull off the W.

As for Luevano/Lopez thats an interesting one Luevano like G stated is a tricky guy with good range and speed. I actually see him giving Lopez a tough fight aswell but Lopez power will be the difference.

Lopez by UD or possible late stoppage.

I agree.

I think Gamboa will have his share of struggles with Mtagwa's wild swinging style. But he's faster and just a better fighter. He'll pull off the UD in a decent little scrap.

I think Lopez will show more control and patience this time around. He'll box smartly behind his jab and he'll remember the body attack this time around. I see him getting Luevano out of there in 10 rounds.

Should be a decent card.
PR316
Fight was officially announced today in NY.

Very good double header.

After giving it some more thought and watching more on Luevano, I've come to the conclusion that he is going to get KTFO sooner or later. If he comes to box(Translation: Run), I think he'll definitely last into the later rounds but I don't see him having the defense to evade or the chin to stand up to Juanma's punches.

I think Gamboa and Mtagwa is going to be a WAR!!!... Gamboa should win because of his speed and athleticism but he could find himself on the canvas again if he makes too many mistakes.

Below is a link.

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=31382
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.