Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chad Dawson in the Super 6 Tourney????
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
The article suggests that negotiations may start after Dawson fights Johnson. I do feel Taylor should not go any further in the tournament since he risks becoming a vegetable at a young age. He has enough money and pride can sometimes get you killed. As far as Dawson goes, I think if his stamina can hold up he has a real chance of winning.

It's sad because fighters used to be able to go 15 rounds now they get tired by 10.

By Mark Vester

Light heavyweight king Chad Dawson would love to get involved with Showtime’s Super Six tournament. There is still a big question mark on Jermain Taylor. After suffering a crushing knockout loss to Arthur Abraham on October 17, there has been a lot of talk that Taylor might drop out. Dawson has a rematch with Glen Johnson on November 7. If he beats Johnson, and Taylor drops out, Dawson would love a shot to win the tournament.

“I think it's a great idea. If Jermain Taylor does happen to drop out, I would love to take his spot,” Dawson said.

He says the weight drop would not be an issue. He thinks he can drop down to 168 in comfortable fashion.

“168 is no problem. I've never had any problems making 175. Sometimes I came at 172, 173. Making 168 is not that difficult for me,” Dawson said.

Dawson’s next fight is being televised on HBO. The Super Six tournament is being televised on a rival network, Showtime. The Johnson rematch is the last fight on Dawson’s deal with HBO. Dawson’s promoter Gary Shaw says HBO, following the Johnson rematch, has the first crack to make a deal with Dawson. If a deal is not reached with HBO, the Super Six is a good possibility - if Taylor decides to withdraw. Taylor is scheduled to face Andre Ward in the second stage of Super Six bouts in the first quarter of 2010. Dawson vs. Ward would be one hell of a boxing match.

“Obviously he is fighting on HBO right now and the Super Six is a Showtime tournament. HBO has a first and last on Chad Dawson. I have spoken with them. I know he would be welcomed into the 168-pound tournament. I believe he would win it convincingly, bar-none, even though I have Andre Dirrell who is just a young fighter. But we have to wait until this fight is over. When this fight is over, then we'll sit down with HBO. I have an appointment with them the following week to sit down with them to hear their offer for 2010. And that's where it stands,” Shaw said.

streetlion1
If CD was able to move down without issue and enter the tournament I think he wins. He would be the most well rounded fighter in there. I still think Dirrell or even Ward would give him the most problems....but he would win.
caneman
I think Johnson will beat Dawson but very interesting read!
streetlion1
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 30 2009, 09:51 AM) *

That very well could happen. Johnson is and has always been a live dog and you can bet he is very motivated for this fight. While Dawson didnt look that impressive in his 2 Tarver victories...all that being said I think its just a replay of the first fight.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 30 2009, 09:45 AM) *
That very well could happen. Johnson is and has always been a live dog and you can bet he is very motivated for this fight. While Dawson didnt look that impressive in his 2 Tarver victories...all that being said I think its just a replay of the first fight.

We gotta remember Johnson is a year older now. I think this will be a replay of the last fight with Dawson looking a little bit better this time.
caneman
I thought Glen won the 1st fight 115-113. It wasn't robbery or anything but I thought while you could call it a draw, there was no wat Chad won that night! Johnson by UD or 10th roubd stoppage!
caneman
Sorry for my tyoing errors, I can't edit on my cell!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 30 2009, 10:41 AM) *
I thought Glen won the 1st fight 115-113. It wasn't robbery or anything but I thought while you could call it a draw, there was no wat Chad won that night! Johnson by UD or 10th roubd stoppage!

Wow big prediction. I'd like to see that happen. I think Johnson deserves it. He's going to have to really take it and not leave any doubts because he is always getting the short end of the stick.
caneman
No doubt about that and Glen knows this and be doing his best to not letting go to the judges and add to that, the fact that Dawson fades badly after 8 or 9 rounds and Glen has a chip on his shoulders, well let's just say I wouldn't wanna be named Chad come fight night!
caneman
I also think it would be good for Chad to lose so he does something about his stamima problems and yes Glen deserves a big win...soon the old warrior will be gone! All that said, Chad is probably the future of the P4P list!
maelstrom
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 30 2009, 09:51 AM) *

You HOPE Johnson beats Dawson.
caneman
Yea and? Is that all you have to offer in n00b? Mark my words on it and I do hope Glen does, I think he will too!
maelstrom
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 30 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Yea and? Is that all you have to offer in n00b? Mark my words on it and I do hope Glen does, I think he will too!
Dawson will win again.
maelstrom
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Nov 1 2009, 04:10 AM) *
Although I like JT & he has been KO'd in his last 2 fights I will be slightly selfish & say I hope he stays in the tourney & finishes it off. More for the tourney it self as it would be a little wierd to have a replacement after it's already kicked off & feel unfair for the rest of the fighters to just add someone new into the tourney after one loss. I would like to see Bute or another 168 fighter before throwing in the current LHW champ into a supermiddle weight tourney.

Evan if JT losses the rest but manages to pull of a close upset win over Ward in the next round it would be a very great personal accomplishment & good victory for his resume. Yes JT could take a break but, if he pulls out who will he fight instead? take a step down in comp? If so he may want to retire for good as the S6 may be the only thing keeping him from gettin the big fights from this point on in his career.

Hang in there JT!
Hang in there JT??

What's wrong with you damn fool??????????

JT can't beat anybody...HE'S FINISHED.

He couldn't even stop a WW that was KTFO by Zab Judah....hahaha

The man is on the verge of getting killed in the ring and you PUNK-ASS wants him to keep taking punishment.

FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.