Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview/Poll:Haye vs. Valuev: WBA Heavyweight Title
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This is a preview and poll thread for the Haye-Valuev WBA Heavyweight Title Fight on November 7th. It will be live from Germany on PPV during the afternoon hours. Time to follow. Vote in the poll for the winner.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
I voted for Valuev by decision. Specifically a split decision in a robbery. I cannot see Haye taking a decision in Germany. I base this on the absurdity of the judging in another Valuev fight, against Holyfield where to the eyes of most who watched, Holyfield should have won nine rounds clearly, but somehow Valuev got the verdict. It seems that a lot of the time there is something in the air in Germany that protects their fighters from losing.

Be prepared for bullshit on the cards, if Haye does not score a KO/TKO. You want my specific call? Somehow, Haye won't be able to stop the Russian giant. (Not easy to do in an honest situation.) and Haye will appear to most observers to win around 8-4 or 116-112. One judge will have it that way. The other two will have it 115-114 and an absurd 116-112 for Valuev. That is my call.

Jack
kidbazooka1
Two sorry ass f*cks but atleast Haye knows how to throw a punch.

Haye by decision.
D-MARV
I'll take Haye by decision.
JLUVBABY
im rotting for haye but i get the feeling that valuev is just too big and akward for him... im going with the missing link in this one... late stoppage or ud...
Jack 1000
It's really strange why the WBA and Don King are interested in protecting this guy. Is Valuev really popular in Europe? From the little that I have seen of him, he sucks. I mean the powers that be are doing the same thing with Ruiz. But over in America, there is nothing about Valuev that would serve as any reason to protect him. A boring freak of nature, no skills, no style, no substance nothing. Maybe judges and promoters like to give points to Valuev in close rounds because he is "The Giant!" LOL! His clinching does however show that he is a good survivor but nothing else. It sort of reminds me of Randy "Tex" Cobb, who had no talent, OTHER than durability but he fought good fighters just the same. Shavers hit him with everything and Cobb rallied to stop him. And if you were one who hated Cosell, (I liked his fight calls actually.) Holmes-Cobb is remembered for being so one-sided with Larry damn near killing him that that's the fight that got Cosell out of boxing.

I don't know how Cobb pops into my head when I think of Valuev! Maybe oversees they are in awe of "The Giant."

Jack
Maxy
The more I think about this fight the more reservations I have about David Haye's chances. The only time he was beaten, against Thompson, has always left a scar in my mind concerning his stamina. Against Thompson he was beaten more through exhaustion than big punches but I'm wondering if, stamina wise, he can last 12 rounds with such a giant leaning all over him.

Haye is definitely quicker, but so were pretty much everyone whose boxed Valuev in the past. Holyfield deserved the verdict against Valuev (that was a proper robbery) and Haye will need to use that type of gameplan to win this fight. Can Haye knock him out? David hits hard but I don't think he's anywhere near the level of some of the really big heavyweight punchers we've seen over the years...

Right now, I'm leaning towards a Valuev win, either points or late stoppage but I can't commit to that yet. I'll probably wait until 48 hours before the first bell before I make my pick and even then I'll still have my doubts.
Lil-lightsout
Haye by brutal KO early or midrounds at the latest. This is not even going to be close.
Thegreatequalizer
i don't think haye is much of a threat to anyone with heavyweight advantages. i think haye will be ineffective and get tko'd in the late rounds by a very large guy.
lloyd mayflower
Went with Haye by TKO, my hope being he can smash into those ribs so much that thfreak cant go on. Maybe heart ruling head tho. Looking forwrd to finding out
ROLL DEEP
For a man of his size, Valuev hits like a girl. Someone that big and weighing that much, should be knocking peoples heads off.

Saying that, Haye's chin has big ? about it, so I'm undecided.

I know Haye could score a stoppage. If a 539 year old Holyfield could jump in and out, pick up points and make Valuev look slow (which he is), then I'm sure Haye can expose that even more....plus with his power, I really think he'll shake Valuev up.

BigG
Haye TKO 8-9..
MarzB
Shame this fight is on PPV stateside. Only extremely hardcore fans will order this fight as Haye is still generally an unknown stateside outside of purist fans. I like Haye but I'll try to find this fight on a stream myself.

Haye by TKO. Speed kills and makes up a lot for the physical disadvantages Haye has. Also, Holyfield moved great in that fight with Valuev last year and Haye is MUCH quicker afoot than Holy.

I'd like to see him go to Valuev's body more.

Haye is gonna have to go for a TKO because I agree, he WON'T get any decision there in Germany.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 1 2009, 02:07 PM) *
Haye by brutal KO early or midrounds at the latest. This is not even going to be close.

What is Lil-brain thinking with the above statement?!?!? Amateurs I say!

Valuev will maul his way to a decision. Holding, putting his weight on Haye, and a few power punches in between will be plenty to take this show.

Haye ranks up there with Monte Barrett.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Nov 2 2009, 06:02 PM) *

Valuev will maul his way to a decision. Holding, putting his weight on Haye, and a few power punches in between will be plenty to take this show.

We shall see. Holyfield beat him with his non-active slow ass. How is Valuev going to deal with Haye's huge speed advantage?

Haye was a cruiserweight champ, and he knocked Barrett silly.
King Eugene
I think Haye will beat him more convincingly than Holyfield did and wont get robbed because of all the controversy of the Holyfield fight. I dont think they'll let that happen again. But to be on the safe side Haye better go ahead and knock him out. Not just one of those 1 punch KO's. The fucka is going to fall slow so he should keep hitting that sucka while he's out cold on his way to the canvas like they do on Fight Night.
JonnyBlaze
They'll pull some shit again and have Valuev winning a decision..They robbed Holy of history and his personal legacy,they'll robbed the cruiserweight..Haye has to KO him to win this one if ya ask me..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Nov 3 2009, 02:22 AM) *
They'll pull some shit again and have Valuev winning a decision..They robbed Holy of history and his personal legacy,they'll robbed the cruiserweight..Haye has to KO him to win this one if ya ask me..

I agree but how great would it be if he actually do! Not cause Haye knocked him out but because we get to see Valuev in la la land. Picture that big mofo hitting the canvas Roy Jones. vs. Glen Johnson style!
Jack 1000
As long as Valuev stays upright, he wins. The only way we might get neutral judging from all three officials would be Valuev unifying against each Klitschko. Because they are a bigger draw than Valuev. To be honest, I always think that Sautherland promoted fighters get the benefit of the doubt in Germany. It's the same way with Frank Warren's fighters in the UK.

But I think that if there is shit going on, you don't want to make it so obvious each time out. Cuz that looks bad and people catch on to that shit. But not so much so on the little subtle things like:

1.) British ref Terry O'Connor known for quick stoppages that favor the UK fighter, but when a UK fighter is getting the shit kicked out of him, (Kahn) he lets it go on till the guy is all but dead before stopping it.

2.) The number of times Hatton got away with holding from UK refs. That one fight where Hatton's shoes came untied and their was a ridiculously long time out when the other fighter was doing good.

3.) Cuts that a hometown ref will often determine to be from punches or head-butts, not so much because they came from punches or head-butts if a hometown ref is officiating, but but how much the ruling helps the hometown fighter.

The question is what will they do to help Valuev or hurt Haye in this fight? It's too bad for David to have to go in with this political bullshit, or potential for it, because I think the Germans could like Haye.

I am just trying to figure out what it is about Valuev that forces politics in his favor? He's not really good at anything he does and he sucks at a lot of things he does.

Maybe sometimes there is favoritism because the judges might be afraid of a riot or something if they go against the hometown guy. Of course this is all speculation, but it raises some interesting questions. In my eyes the Holyfield-Valuev fight was not close at all and I keep presenting this as evidence as to how hard it seems to be for a visiting fighter to get a decision in Germany.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
I ain't worried at all for this fight. Valuev is getting KTFO, and no judges or ref can stop it. Haye is way too fast and hungry for the slow awful fraud.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 4 2009, 03:35 PM) *
I ain't worried at all for this fight. Valuev is getting KTFO, and no judges or ref can stop it. Haye is way too fast and hungry for the slow awful fraud.

I hope you're right, brother.

We need an exciting heavyweight ruling the division. You know Haye will fight all comers.

I'll be watching it! Food, beer and fights drinks.gif
MarzB
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 4 2009, 04:08 PM) *
I hope you're right, brother.

We need an exciting heavyweight ruling the division. You know Haye will fight all comers.

I'll be watching it! Food, beer and fights drinks.gif

Are you stateside? My cable provider isn't showing this fight and I have Comcast
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Programmi...ts&lpos=Nav

Anyone know of any streams for this??
lloyd mayflower
just watched the weigh in, Haye looks ripped and ready to knock this fool out
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 5 2009, 01:06 PM) *
Are you stateside? My cable provider isn't showing this fight and I have Comcast

No, dude...I'm English!

Be watching it with fam and friends.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 5 2009, 12:06 PM) *

No streams that I know of Marz,

But do a check of your Comcast cable guide for boxing coming up. Because this fight is not considered a big deal for the general public, it won't be on the PPV events page on-line like say Cotto-Pacquiao, WWE, or UFC stuff.

With TWC here, I did a boxing Category Search and it came up on one of the PPV Special Event channels. I don't buy PPV's anymore because of our expensive "All In One" Package, but we have three (I think) PPV special event stations one in HD and I think two that are in SD. This fight is only being shown in SD.

The cost here is only $10 and the card begins this Saturday at 2PM (CST.)

Oh one thing everyone,

I remember Ben asking this in the past, but if anyone knows of fight streams, PLEASE USE YOUR PM feature to get those streams to each other instead of posting the streams on the forum. Because what happens if they are made public, sometimes the host server of the streams can trace stuff back to the forum, and than we COULD get in trouble if those streams are not "legal."

This is the reason why so many boxing Internet sites have it where the night of a fight stuff like Justin TV goes down. They are getting so strict about copyright stuff now. You can send streams to the parties involved if you want to see the fight, but please send the links through your PM feature only. Thanks.

Staffers, someone can make a topic in the Moderator Forum about streaming if we want to discuss this further, or Ben let me know if this issue has changed. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
MarzB
My bad about that. I forgot about the copyright police.
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 6 2009, 01:39 PM) *
My bad about that. I forgot about the copyright police.

don't forget to shoot me the pm when you get it, homie.
Maxy
Bought the fight, 15....the undercard ain't all that but I'm looking forward to the main event. Gone for Haye KO 4...we'll see.

As for streams...this is not a stream but myp2p is a good place to look if people want to find them.
MarzB
Will do. We should have a chat during this also..

Oh may as well post the pics

In this shot the size difference doesn't look as gross as it is. Btw, I thought Haye was gonna force Valuev to get a wax,lol.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...1W80pQD9BQ5V881

Haye 218lbs Valuev 315
iron_mike
This is PPV???? I guess I'll have to justin.tv it, since I DOUBT it will be flooded, like a Manny or Floyd fight
JD
I think Haye is going to end up losing.

I just don't think he's that skilled to overcome the size difference.
Lil-lightsout
Just seen a weigh in photo, Haye looks in great shape and Valuev looks real soft. I would bet Haye could hurt him to the body if he tried. Valuev has 98 pounds on Haye!!! Does not matter though, Valuev is taking a nap in this one.
Byrd Man
I'm absolutely torn on this.

On the one hand I'd LOVE to see Haye get stretched out flat on his back like Hatton vs. Pac. I can't stand his bullshit talking and he reminds me too much of Floyd Mayweather, only without the talent to back up his big mouth.

But on the other, as a fan of Boxing and a fan of the sport, I have to say that I don't really know ANYONE who would say that it's good for the sport for Valuev to win.

Everyone I know pretty much realizes that the best thing for Boxing is for Haye to win and bring at least some excitement to the Division. If he gets beat, that's pretty much the kibosh on him in the HW division, seeing as how little regarded Valuev is.

And if he loses to Valuev, there's no fucking way anyone would expect him to have a prayer against either Klitschko. Not that they do NOW, but you get my point hopefully.

If he beats Valuev at least there's people that will clamor for that fight, because Haye will have a belt. Plus it should make for interesting negotiations.

Haye will ask for no options, like last time where he was having to sign away his next three fights if he beat Wlad or Vitali. The Klitschkos will no doubt ask for a clause to be put in saying that if he backs out he gets heavily penalized.

But I can't shake the desire to want to see him just knocked into next week.
JD
I think a lot of people are overlooking the fact that Haye does not have a good chin either.

If he fought Wlad or Vitali, I honestly think he would get annihilated. I do not see him beating Valuev either...would a Haye win surprise me? No...not so much because Valuev is not all that good, I am just not picking it. I like Valuev in this one.
The CEO
You like Valuev straight up, JD?...lol....damn...you must think Haye is shittier than I think he is...

I'm one of the Draw votes up there....I figure Germany won't allow an allout robbery since they're in the spotlight lately...
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 7 2009, 11:48 AM) *
I think a lot of people are overlooking the fact that Haye does not have a good chin either.

If he fought Wlad or Vitali, I honestly think he would get annihilated. I do not see him beating Valuev either...would a Haye win surprise me? No...not so much because Valuev is not all that good, I am just not picking it. I like Valuev in this one.

It's true, he doesn't have a good chin and his stamina is very questionable but somehow I can't pick Valuev because he's such an awful boxer. I'm pinning my hopes, and my overall prediction, on Haye hitting hard enough to hurt him but if he can't he'll be stopped late I'm afraid.
JD
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 7 2009, 10:53 AM) *
You like Valuev straight up, JD?...lol....damn...you must think Haye is shittier than I think he is...

I'm one of the Draw votes up there....I figure Germany won't allow an allout robbery since they're in the spotlight lately...

Haye at Cruiser was a puncher with fast hands...but he still had some stamina issues, and he still had bad habits. Haye at Heavy was dropped by Monte Barret (even though it was not ruled a KD) and talked about how much harder heavys hit (Barrett) than Cruisers - he said something to the extent of Barrett's jab feeling like a hard right at Cruiser...this is Monte Barrett.

Valuev is not that good, but he is gigantic, he can throw a jab, and he is far stronger than Haye. Haye does not have the defensive skills, counter punching ability, chin or stamina to overcome that in my view.

I see Valuev either winning by late stoppage or decision.

Anything could happen because Valuev is a big, slow turd...but I don't think Haye is going to be the guy.
The Ring Dictator
If David Haye box an intelligent fight he will win... Unfortunately, this has not always been the case - far from it. Movement, not just footwork, is the key to victory for him.
ROLL DEEP
I watched Monte Barret Vs Valuev earlier today and was surprised to see how easily Barret landed on Valuev.

Head low, looping right hands and Valuev ate a shit load of them. Then, Monte dipped, bobbed and moved away with some success. In the end, having someone 23 stone lean on you for 12 rounds will take it's effect, as it did for Monte, but on that performance, Haye has a superb chance to do it!
Spyder
Holyfield was the only one to land punches in that fight and he STILL lost the decision.

Haye won't knock him out, and the judges won't give him the decision either...Valuev will get the W in another hometown decision.
Byrd Man
Yeah I got Valuev by decision (gift or otherwise). I can't see Haye getting a decision, so he'd have to knock out Valuev. And we haven't seen Valuev really staggered much less dropped or KO'd.
MarzB
Hope I don't jinx my man, I got Haye. I like his personality and I think Valuev is TOOOOOO slw. Haye's in an out movement combined with the him frequently switching southpaw will befuddle Valuev.
The Ring Dictator
QUOTE (The Ring Dictator @ Nov 7 2009, 06:39 PM) *
If David Haye box an intelligent fight he will win... Unfortunately, this has not always been the case - far from it. Movement, not just footwork, is the key to victory for him.

Well done. A mature fight by Haye. Without the loss to Carl Thompson he would've never fought a clever fight like this. I'm glad he did. You live and you learn, right?

With that said, I don't see Haye beating either of the Klitschko's. I would give him a slightly better chance against Wlad though.

xxxxxx
I'm glad Haye won the fight even though he is a cocky mofo. He might be what the division needs. Haye versus either Klit would be exciting. And really the only fights at heavy that are interesting at this point.
ROLL DEEP
Haye is just unbelievably confident about his abilities. He's not cocky, as in a PBF or Toney way, but he just truley believes he has the skills.

Haye got the 'W'....I thought he took the fight by a couple of rounds or so. Haye didn't land much, but Valuev landed less.

In some of the rounds, Valuev probably only hit him like, 2 times! Haye was just too slippery, too fast, maybe a little too negative, but the hand injury explains that I suppose.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Nov 2 2009, 06:02 PM) *

Who won?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.