Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview and Poll: Pacquiao vs. Cotto
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
This thread will be for all preview and insight about the Pacquiao-Cotto Superfight! It is not too early to predict now!!!!

Jack

Administrator
leonthegee
i havent been to impressed with what ive seen from the pacquiao camp leading up to this fight. i think cottos gonna beat the shot out of manny. dont know why but i just feel like this is gonna happen.
King Eugene
I think Cotto may be down in the fight early but will dig deep and pull out a late stoppage. I think after the Margarito fight Cotto was a little timid but once he realizes he can take Manny's best shots he'll eventually walk him down late and put a bruising on that body!
KENSOFINE
With the current popularity of Manny, do you think Cotto can win a close decision?
ROLL DEEP
I see Cotto hurting Manny with his body shots.....

But I also see Manny making Cotto look slow and flat footed.

Too close to pick for me. I'm undecided as of yet.
The CEO
I've typed so much on this in the past I'mma try to keep it pretty short and sweet...

Cotto is a beast with guys his size or smaller.....he uses educated pressure and works the body on them....speed and southpaws don't bother him...he can take Pacquiao's punches and remain focused on the task at hand...

Pacquiao's D and Pinoy Warrior Pride are his biggest weaknesses...he can't linger in the killzone for more than 2 throws, or he'll get hurt...he will have to stick and move all night...but that Pride will make him stand and trade more than he should and get him into trouble...

Cotto has top notch timing and counterpunching skills...he knocked Gomez and Clottey down with counter jabs...so when Manny is doin' his dartin' in and out thing, don't be surprised if he jumps flush into a jab or power shot and goes down or beddy bye respectively...

When it's all said and done...I feel this matchup is Cotto's to win or lose...if he's hungry and wants it bad enough, he will win...if he's lax, THE Pacquiao WILL get him....

BUT

Puerto Rican Champions (in or near their primes) tend to have desire in fights of this magnitude....so Cotto TKO7.
caneman
Pacman by TKO in 9 is what I rhink yet as I have said, Pacman is pushing it. @ 145 so nothing would surprize me!
Jack 1000
I posted this comparision awhile ago. We both know that BOTH Cotto and Pacquiao have the power (Cotto) and the spreed (Pacquiao) to hurt each other.

In previewing the fight we have to examine how do you define "hurt?" I believe Manny could hurt Cotto by cutting him up and busting him up with his jabs and quickness causing facial cuts. BUT, can Manny stun Cotto with say a single shot on the chin? Doubtful. Nor should Manny try to war with Cotto. What's great about this fight is that each should do the opposite of the other for best chance of victory IMO. I can't remember a lot of fights going in where this could make such a difference. But look at what this brings:

Cotto: If you're Cotto, you go for the war with Manny feeling the pressure of a general 140-145lb fighter early. You make Manny war because you are the naturally bigger and stronger man. Now this will result in a Hagler-Hearns first round, but the question than becomes how does Manny deal with an opponent who is natural stronger in that type of fight? I LOVE Pacman as a fan, but this is no shell-shocked Delahoya. It will be exciting no matter how long or short it lasts and Cotto's best chance of winning, let's say the first four rounds with him doing that.

Manny: Now if you are Manny, the natural instinct would be to brawl, but Manny SHOULD NOT do this, (even though Cotto starts slow and has been dropped, BUT it only increases his aggressiveness.) You know you are the smaller fighter, facing a murdering bitch of a punching. Stay on the outside and pot-shot Cotto giving him angles and things to think about. Mosely, whom I thought beat Cotto in a nail-better was able to give Cotto things to think about. Manny HAS to almost be like Mosley against Cotto. Give him movement, speed and angles, don't try to hurt Cotto. That I think comes in the mid to later rounds when Cotto is likely to swell up and bust up. Avoid the beast within the first four rounds and you can win if you don't get caught coming in and especially if Cotto gets cut mid to late fight.

Pick: Pacquiao by TKO 9 after some tough moments within the first three rounds.

Jack
provo
I will be going for cotto ! I hope cotto can prove me wrong and beat the shit out of pac!
But I see pac stopping him in the 10 round due to ref stoppage we will see a bloody and cut cotto manny has the speed he will tag cotto all night ,all I hear is cotto is going 2 get to that body! How?? Pac is not going 2 stay in front of him ,he is going 2 hit and get out the way ,when cotto throws he sits down on his punches stays flat ,pac will be able 2 bounce out and tag the shit out of cotto..
provo
I will be going for cotto ! I hope cotto can prove me wrong and beat the shit out of pac!
But I see pac stopping him in the 10 round due to ref stoppage we will see a bloody and cut cotto manny has the speed he will tag cotto all night ,all I hear is cotto is going 2 get to that body! How?? Pac is not going 2 stay in front of him ,he is going 2 hit and get out the way ,when cotto throws he sits down on his punches stays flat ,pac will be able 2 bounce out and tag the shit out of cotto..
Another impressive win for pac and people will be on his nuts even more LOL
kidbazooka1
Cotto will look good for the first couple rds but i doubt he'll be able to keep up with the pace Manny sets. Manny will start to dominate in the middle rds and take Cotto out in the 10 rd.

Then after that Manny will have to change his name from "Pacman" to Manny "The Giant Killer" Pacqiuao
streetlion1
I think Manny has moments early....hitting Cotto often for the first couple rounds possibly stunning him.....Then I see Cotto adjusting and his superior size and skill taking over. Once he gets Manny to start backing up it will only be a matter of time before he stops him. I think alot of people underestimate Cottos skill and are also getting blinded by Pacmans last 2 performances.

Mannys last 2 fights were both walk-through opponents....he hasnt fought anyone at welter...much less a guy with the skill and power of Cotto.

Cotto wins by KO/TKO!!!
Lil-lightsout
My pick is for a mid to late rounds stoppage win for Cotto. As long as Manny does not not seriously hurt Cotto early and get him out of there, I see Cotto eventually wearing Pac down and stopping him. I think many are fooled by Manny's recent dominant performances, though they were impressive wins, Cotto is no joke and is an all around complete fighter who provides a much stiffer test for Pac.
ROLL DEEP
I read a breakdown of how Cotto will win, and think 'yeah, that sounds about right', so I go with Cotto, but then I read a breakdown of how Pac will win, then think 'Fuck Cotto, Pac will win!'.

Ha, I don't know who to go with. Shoot.

JD
Pacquiao is gonna light him up.
D-MARV
Pacquiao TKO4

Action Packed!!! But Pacquiao will have too much speed, too much movement, and probably too much power.
torvix2000
After the fight, people will say that Pacquiao is bigger than Cotto because of steroids.
provo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:00 PM) *
After the fight, people will say that Pacquiao is bigger than Cotto because of steroids.

He didn't take steriods he took "HGH" human growth hormone LOL,
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 4 2009, 03:32 AM) *
He didn't take steriods he took "HGH" human growth hormone. LOL!

Hahaha!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 3 2009, 02:37 PM) *
I've typed so much on this in the past I'mma try to keep it pretty short and sweet...

Hope you enjoy your new sig. Bitch.
caneman
Lolz!!!
King Eugene
Pac's getting his ass whipped and Rusty is getting his sig raped!
Douchebag
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 4 2009, 06:52 AM) *
Pac's getting his ass whipped and Rusty is getting his sig raped!

LOL

Sweetness take note.
torvix2000

The CEO
From The Jimmy Kimmell Show last night...Pacquiao singin'...

Maaaan...I like Pacquiao...he's a little badass....but that was rough...lol

Are you sure you guys still wanna pick him in this fight after seein' that?

He's high on his own "celebrity"...all over the place...makin' movies, playing basketball and pool...he's spread himself thin for this fight...

torvix2000
Hahahaha!

CEO, perhaps, it's those things that prevents Pacquiao from getting psychologically shot. He's happy. While Cotto's too serious. He's gonna kiss the canvas again.
caneman
What does singing have to do with a fight?
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 4 2009, 09:42 AM) *
What does singing have to do with a fight?

because he needs to be focused on this fight...not singin' and bein' a diva....

Check the interview parts before him singin'...

Kimmell: "Are you the most popular man in The Philippines?"

Pacquiao: (nodding his head, smiling) "Yes...yes."

Pacquiao is silk sheetin' it.

He better PRAY to Wapak Man that a determined Cotto don't show up...lol
streetlion1
Cotto looks very determined and in good shape....Pacman fans are in for a wake up call.

Destruction of the Pacman on November 14th!!
Douchebag
Cotto's left hook to the body WILL find a home and as soon as that happens the fight is going to change.
ROLL DEEP
I think what CEO said makes sense about Manny being his own worst enemy by getting carried away and fighting with his heart.....that'll play right into Cotto's hands as once Manny's in range, his body shots will take effect.

Saying that, I think Pac-man WILL fight sensibly and win....not sure how though laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 4 2009, 04:06 PM) *
I think what CEO said makes sense about Manny being his own worst enemy by getting carried away and fighting with his heart.....that'll play right into Cotto's hands as once Manny's in range, his body shots will take effect.

Saying that, I think Pac-man WILL fight sensibly and win....not sure how though laugh.gif

Yep...his Pride has got him into trouble...with Morales...with Marquez...

I think he's believing his own hype, distracted by his celebrity, and biting off more than he can chew here...

That being said...I totally understand why you and some others are uncertain...this isn't an easy fight to predict with conviction....I'm just doin' it to do it....
Douchebag
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 4 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Yep...his Pride has got him into trouble...with Morales...with Marquez...

I think he's believing his own hype, distracted by his celebrity, and biting off more than he can chew here...

That being said...I totally understand why you and some others are uncertain...this isn't an easy fight to predict with conviction....I'm just doin' it to do it....

I could see him getting hit with a left hook, hulking up and then jumping and getting hit with a right hand.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 4 2009, 02:48 PM) *
He better PRAY to Wapak Man that a determined Cotto don't show up...lol

You ready for a sig change bitch?

The CEO
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 4 2009, 05:38 PM) *
I could see him getting hit with a left hook, hulking up and then jumping and getting hit with a right hand.

lol...can totally see that happening....as Cotto is hard to phase when it comes to antics...he's a stoic motherfucker.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 4 2009, 07:44 PM) *
You ready for a sig change bitch?

This is how twisted I am...

Kostya Tszyu is one of my favorite fighters of all time....but I'm gonna print a photo of him and wipe my ass with it...

and that will be your Sig.
torvix2000
As I've said, people will be shocked to find out that Pacquiao is bigger than Cotto come fight night.
dominicbuilder9k1
Cotto by knockout for the first 6 rounds....Meaning,...Cotto will knockout Manny within 6 rounds!!...Period.

If Cotto can't do that, Manny will bust him up....I've seen all Manny's fight since he started boxing...he becomes stronger and faster as the fight progress and this never change until now... After 6 rounds if Manny is still standing he is in dire trouble... nevertheless, my prediction is....

Cotto by KNOCKOUT within 6 rounds!....period.
torvix2000
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Nov 5 2009, 02:06 AM) *
If Cotto can't do that, Manny will bust him up....I've seen all Manny's fight since he started boxing...he becomes stronger and faster as the fight progress and this never change until now... After 6 rounds if Manny is still standing he is in dire trouble...

Yeah! Some people are predicting a late rounds stoppage by Cotto. If Cotto allowed Pac to survive the first half, then he's gonna get pricked to death by Pac's "rubberband" punches.

kidbazooka1
I was looking at recent pics of Manny in training and another thing i've noticed is how well he adds weigh to his body. Most fighters that have moved up so much begin to look soft after only moving up a couple weight clasess yet Pacqiuao still looks hard and ripped.

Manny will be too much for Cotto he will stop him and it won't be pretty. My question then will be what will the win do for Manny's legacy where should he be rank among the ATG? Does he fall into the top 5?
torvix2000
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 5 2009, 05:26 AM) *
I was looking at recent pics of Manny in training and another thing i've noticed is how well he adds weigh to his body. Most fighters that have moved up so much begin to look soft after only moving up a couple weight clasess yet Pacqiuao still looks hard and ripped.

People will again accuse him of HGH and/or steroids.
salvador
I've spent most of the past few months believing that Cotto had lost a step from the Marg fight (and I still believe he has) and that Pac would be too fast for him, but every day that goes by I'm more and more convinced that Cotto will win by ko.

Like most here, I think Pac will probably make Cotto look a bit silly for the first 2 (and maybe even 4-5) rounds, but eventually Cotto is going to catch Pac with a counter left hook to the body with Pac coming in and the fight will change.

Then again, I may just be convincing myself that Cotto at +200 is too good a bet to pass up on such a close fight.

This is the most excited I've been for a fight since Marg-Williams. God Bless BOTH of these guys!

The CEO
For everyone's mental stimulation....lol

Timing beats Speed...add Technique and Power to that Timing and that's bad news for Pacquiao....

Also...if Pacquiao gets cornered and beat on like Clottey does in that video...do you think HE could take those punches as well as Clottey did?
streetlion1
The Roach is looking way over confident while Manny seems to be trying to keep himself grounded. Cotto seems to be working hard...I like his response to the Manny question though when he said "Manny is just another fighter who is in his division trying to take his title".

Cotto has the skill and chin to survive what I think might be an early storm of Pacman straight lefts....How long will it take Cotto to adjust is the question. To me Manny has a very slim chance of winning and thats if he can somehow get Cotto outta there early but I dont see it happening. Cotto is too strong and too skilled for Manny to walk in there and go through him. I think both guys will take punishment but the body punching of Cottos will put an end to the Pacman.
torvix2000
As I've said, Pacquiao will look bigger and more ripped and powerful than Cotto on fight night. Pacquiao is still over 145, he looks ripped as usual, and he didn't lose any speed at all.
streetlion1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 5 2009, 08:37 AM) *
As I've said, Pacquiao will look bigger and more ripped and powerful than Cotto on fight night. Pacquiao is still over 145, he looks ripped as usual, and he didn't lose any speed at all.

So lets just say he is gonna be just as strong if not stronger....he still doesnt have better skill than Cotto. Pacmans toughest fights were of course the ones against Marquez.....Marquez has good skills but hes a counter puncher who isnt nearly as strong as Cotto....Cotto can fight going forwards and backing up...has always had an under rated jab and is still one of the best body punchers in the sport.

What is everyone basing Mannys "improvement" on? The fact he can use both hands now? Cause if its based off his last 2 fights against an old and drained DLH or garbage ass Hatton then good luck against Cotto. Manny is a storm but Marquez showed what you can do if you weather that storm....in the end Manny just wont be a good enough fighter to beat Cotto.
Douchebag
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:37 AM) *

But none of that answers the question or whether or not Manny can take a sustained a attack from true welter. Don't think Manny is not going to take punishment in this fight.

Mod Note: post edited for name-calling.
mrwigi
sorry pac fans... but he is definitely going down... i got cotto winning in the 9th or 10th
Douchebag
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 5 2009, 10:04 AM) *
But none of that answers the question or whether or not Manny can take a sustained a attack from true welter. Don't think Manny is not going to take punishment in this fight.

Mod Note: post edited for name-calling.

You have got to be shitting me!
JD
Lit up...like...

torvix2000
This is better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.