Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO's 140 tourney..!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
maelstrom
Alexander
Khan
Maidana
Ortiz

Devon is head and shoulders above the rest.
MarzB
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 10:49 AM) *
Alexander
Khan
Maidana
Ortiz

I've been yelling about Devon here since he destroyed Chop Chop. Witter can say all he wants regarding a hand injury but he was completely outboxed by a 21 or 22 year old also. Devon is the real deal. A match between he and Khan in this tourney would be great!
BigG
I hope either Devon or Victor Ortiz wins but I'm rooting for Ortiz more...I've always been a fan of him..
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 3 2009, 12:32 PM) *
I've been yelling about Devon here since he destroyed Chop Chop. Witter can say all he wants regarding a hand injury but he was completely outboxed by a 21 or 22 year old also. Devon is the real deal. A match between he and Khan in this tourney would be great!

lol I wouldnt get to high on devon beating a really faded chop chop I mean cotto, zab, and floyd handled him much easier than devon did and those three fought him in his prime. plus witter?? zab exposed him back in 2000 Ive never taken witter as anything more than a "C" class fighter after that so Im still not sold on Devon

Now for the record I'm not a devon hater, I like devon but he is still very young and raw...I like that hbo is trying to build a young star in this thing which can be good for him. I could see him winning this tourney just saying I dont expect the great things all these other devon praisers are.
blackbelt2003
Great idea. One of these young lions HAS to come through this and we get a bonafide and established new star. Even the losers are young enough to learn and come again!

Black
kidbazooka1
I really hope this tourney happens all the matches areeven and can go either way.

I'll be rooting for Devon and Ortiz aswell too pull it off.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Alexander
Khan
Maidana
Ortiz

Of course cause he's black right?
maelstrom
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 3 2009, 02:06 PM) *
lol I wouldnt get to high on devon beating a really faded chop chop I mean cotto, zab, and floyd handled him much easier than devon did and those three fought him in his prime. plus witter?? zab exposed him back in 2000 Ive never taken witter as anything more than a "C" class fighter after that so Im still not sold on Devon

Now for the record I'm not a devon hater, I like devon but he is still very young and raw...I like that hbo is trying to build a young star in this thing which can be good for him. I could see him winning this tourney just saying I dont expect the great things all these other devon praisers are.

It's not about what you expect to see.

You not seeing great things don't mean shit.
maelstrom
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 3 2009, 03:27 PM) *
Of course cause he's black right?

His Blackness is the reason you're hating already...lol

Sorry mofo.

Lil-lightsout
Devon was an outstanding amateur, and has looked very solid to me as a pro so far. I definately would favor him, but it would be interesting to see him how he would take a shot from a heavy hitter like Maidana or Ortiz.

Ortiz already has showed his weakness. Khan was blasted out of there pretty bad. Maidana was getting tattoo'd by Ortiz til his power bailed him out. So it kind of leaves Devon alone at the top for now, he has no blemishes or weaknesses that I have seen yet. He looked damn impressive beating Witter. Just my take.
moscow bear
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Alexander
Khan
Maidana
Ortiz

is this the new dick you are planning to ride? From Vivian Harris to Corey Spinks to O'Neil Bell to Wayne Braithwaite.
maelstrom
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 3 2009, 05:32 PM) *
is this the new dick you are planning to ride? From Vivian Harris to Corey Spinks to O'Neil Bell to Wayne Braithwaite.

You talk about riding dick like a pro.

Like father like son...
moscow bear
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 10:35 PM) *
You talk about riding dick like a pro.

Like father like son...

so Sucka aka FRENZY aka SandySaddler aka Bad Barracuda , where have you been all that time?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 03:14 PM) *
His Blackness is the reason you're hating already...lol

Sorry mofo.

I picked him or Ortiz to win it you dumb f*ck.
maelstrom
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 3 2009, 05:08 PM) *
I picked him or Ortiz to win it you dumb f*ck.

You had to toss in that quitting mexican Ortiz even though you have to realize he can't will this.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 06:14 PM) *
You had to toss in that quitting mexican Ortiz even though you have to realize he can't will this.

I guess will see huh?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 3 2009, 03:12 PM) *
It's not about what you expect to see.

You not seeing great things don't mean shit.

lol and this means???

anyone else along with me and rusty kinda disappointed with these new posters on here?
caneman
Could malstrap be regone? He was fast to go to that black thing!
salvador
Is this confirmed somewhere?
maelstrom
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 4 2009, 07:27 AM) *
He was fast to go to that black thing!

So is your mom.
maelstrom
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 3 2009, 06:43 PM) *
I guess will see huh?

We already know.
moscow bear
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 4 2009, 02:29 PM) *
We already know.

just like we knew that Vivian Harris, Wayne Braithwaite, O'neil Bell were ready to do great things.... you are one dumb mofo.
maelstrom
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 4 2009, 09:04 AM) *
just like we knew that Vivian Harris, Wayne Braithwaite, O'neil Bell were ready to do great things.... you are one dumb mofo.

Lower your dosage woman..I don't know WTF you're talking about.

moscow bear
QUOTE (maelstrom @ Nov 4 2009, 03:24 PM) *
Lower your dosage woman..I don't know WTF you're talking about.

I dont know that many boxing fans that say "Ottke Urkal"....LOL
True-Boxing-Fan
This is going to be a good tourney. I hope HBO can make it happen. I see this as a toss-up on who wins. Not one fighter here has a true advantage. Going in I'll give Devon maybe a very slight advantage but its razor thin on winning. I want to see him in with one of these young lions. I'd love to see the tourney start with Devon vs Amir and Maidana vs Ortiz 2. Ortiz has a lot to prove and if he can redeem himself and win a rematch, the final fight will be awesome. Especially if its Ortiz-Khan, since they both have the biggest fan base.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Nov 5 2009, 07:16 PM) *
This is going to be a good tourney. I hope HBO can make it happen. I see this as a toss-up on who wins. Not one fighter here has a true advantage. Going in I'll give Devon maybe a very slight advantage but its razor thin on winning. I want to see him in with one of these young lions. I'd love to see the tourney start with Devon vs Amir and Maidana vs Ortiz 2. Ortiz has a lot to prove and if he can redeem himself and win a rematch, the final fight will be awesome. Especially if its Ortiz-Khan, since they both have the biggest fan base.

For Ortiz to redeem himself he would need to win the whole thing. If he takes the loss to Maidana as a learning experience and mentally prepares himself he can do it but i woulnd't put money on any one of them thats how evenly matched they all are.
streetlion1
I'd like to see Judahs name thrown into the mix as well.
Hodge
This a good idea and it's obvious that they are learning from the Super Six, but all roads to King of JWW is Tim Bradley. He is the guy right now. Kendall Holt and Nate Campbell can be added, but Bradley is the dude right now.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Hodge @ Nov 8 2009, 12:35 PM) *
This a good idea and it's obvious that they are learning from the Super Six, but all roads to King of JWW is Tim Bradley. He is the guy right now. Kendall Holt and Nate Campbell can be added, but Bradley is the dude right now.

I think the purpose of this tourney is to build the next" star at 140. Which is why u dont see holt, judah, campbell, or bradley in this I think. because all those fighters are either old or already have set up their resume and name and dont need the tourney.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.