Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBC: We'll approve Shane vs. Berto if.....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Welterweight world champion Andre Berto of the U.S. requested approval for a voluntary title defense on January 30 against WBA champion Shane Mosley of the U.S. The request was approved on the condition that Mosley publicly apologize to the WBC for abandoning the WBC title to challenge Antonio Margarito for the WBA title in January, 2009.

What the FUCK? Can they DO that?

How bout the WBC apologize for all the fighters they've stripped over the years for taking meaningful fights instead of bullshit mandatories against tomato cans?
King Eugene
Hell the suspended Arreola for cursing during his post fight interview after the Vitali fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 5 2009, 01:34 AM) *
Hell the suspended Arreola for cursing during his post fight interview after the Vitali fight.

yeah that was a f*cking joke.

F*ck the WBC.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Nov 4 2009, 11:30 PM) *
What the FUCK? Can they DO that?

How bout the WBC apologize for all the fighters they've stripped over the years for taking meaningful fights instead of bullshit mandatories against tomato cans?

Bad move by the WBC here,

Shane took the fight for the most money and at the time the most meaningful fight Antonio Margarito for the WBA title at the time. The WBC unless my memory fails me did not have a problem with this at the time, so why the problem now? Refresh my memory, I am drawing a blank. Who did the WBC want Shane to fight (if anybody) before Margarito?

It seems that there's been a lot of requests for apologizing coming out of this years' WBC convention. But this is not acting in the best interest of boxing here. I mean this wasn't like Bowe throwing the belt away, which I really thought was disrespectful, but maybe that's just me. It's really strange because the WBC many times does some good things for boxing, but than they try some strange things that suck. (i.e open scoring, removing of a ranking for swearing on TV)

I do know that they listen to community input better than any of the other three organizations, so maybe we will learn more after the convention. I speak to Mauricio Sulaiman from time to time and we have a good rapport. The convention ends in a few days, maybe we will know more than.

Jack
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 5 2009, 12:34 AM) *

If Arreola wanted to sound really stupid,so be it..The only way I see it as reasonable is that there could of been a lot of kids watching about Arreola was being a really bad role model..hahaha..If they weren't thinking along those lines,they are idiots for going through with that suspension..

As far as the Mosley thing, that just shows how much bullshit we have to deal with through all these organizations when back in the day there was only 1 belt and things ran pretty smoothly..I've never heard of a request like this one before..Major bullshit and actually I hope Mosley doesn't apologize if they are serious about that request..
Keith
The apology is bullshit... but I hope he does it because I would very much like to see Shane beat Berto's ass like he owes him money. The sooner the better. There is no way Mosley can force Floyd in the ring without 2 belts. PBoif will use every possible excuse and angle he can to avoid the fight.
KookedKrack
At this point in his career I HIGHLY doubt Shane gives a fuck about the wbc or any other of the titles.
JD
"Juth thay your thorry, and we can forget all about thith"
provo
Apologize? That's fukn stupid.who gives a fuk if he abandoned the WBC belt
Just let these guys put their titles on the line and fight!
JPipe
how the fuck can he abandon something he didn't hav in the first place
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Nov 5 2009, 08:20 AM) *
If Arreola wanted to sound really stupid,so be it..The only way I see it as reasonable is that there could of been a lot of kids watching about Arreola was being a really bad role model..hahaha..If they weren't thinking along those lines,they are idiots for going through with that suspension...

Even if that were the case, why does the WBC think they have jurisdiction in the matter? HBO or some other broadcasting network, maybe, but WBC? Since when the fuck do they care about a child's moral fortitude?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 6 2009, 02:21 AM) *
Even if that were the case, why does the WBC think they have jurisdiction in the matter? HBO or some other broadcasting network, maybe, but WBC? Since when the fuck do they care about a child's moral fortitude?

You're right too..I was simply just saying if it were for the viewers(children) then it was justified..I also agree with you that how does the WBC have the right to suspend a guy..What about the 3 other main organizations say about it??Either way,FUCK THE WBC for this..

I'll say it again,I really hope Shane doesn't apologize..
D-MARV
That is Bullshit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.