Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tavoris Cloud
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
What do you guys think of him.

I was very impressed with his wins over Gonzalez and Woods. He packs a good punch and is an agressive minded fighter just what the LHW divison needs. I think he would whoop Dawson now and once old man Hopkins retires i think he'll be the man at 175lb.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 5 2009, 07:31 PM) *
What do you guys think of him.

I was very impressed with his wins over Gonzalez and Woods. He packs a good punch and is an agressive minded fighter just what the LHW divison needs. I think he would whoop Dawson now and once old man Hopkins retires i think he'll be the man at 175lb.

he's ok, agressive yes but the future i dnt think so. he can punch as well but boxing is a skill i was not impressed with the woods fight he overpowered an slow old man. i want to see him against some fast young guys or even some guys who can hit just to see what skills he really has.
kidbazooka1
The LHW divison needs some exciting agressive minded fighters and thats what Cloud has shown he is so far. Unlike most of todays higher weight american fighters Cloud has shown that he has the balls to stand and fight.
King Eugene
He has no defense and poor stamina but has the Tyson like tenacity. Dawson would stop him late though.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 6 2009, 02:21 AM) *
He has no defense and poor stamina but has the Tyson like tenacity. Dawson would stop him late though.

I haven't seen the lack of stamina.

King Eugene
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 6 2009, 02:27 AM) *
I haven't seen the lack of stamina.

He slowed noticeably towards the end in both the Woods and Gonzalez fight. His heart pulled him through the Woods fight! He's exciting to watch though. He'll go toe to toe with anybody. Not the smartest move in the book but one of the most interesting.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 6 2009, 02:33 AM) *
He slowed noticeably towards the end in both the Woods and Gonzalez fight. His heart pulled him through the Woods fight! He's exciting to watch though. He'll go toe to toe with anybody. Not the smartest move in the book but one of the most interesting.

I don't know eugene with the exception of Hopkins i see him as the best American around the divison.

In my opinion better that Dirrel, Ward and Dawson.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:48 AM) *
I don't know eugene with the exception of Hopkins i see him as the best American around the divison.

In my opinion better that Dirrel, Ward and Dawson.

all three of those guys would stop im even ward come on man i understand u like this kid but damn dnt get him in over his head. who has he beaten for u to feel this way explain?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Nov 6 2009, 02:54 AM) *
all three of those guys would stop im even ward come on man i understand u like this kid but damn dnt get him in over his head. who has he beaten for u to feel this way explain?

Are you seriouse his wins over Gonzalez and Woods are better than any wins Ward and Dirrell have had. Cloud would whoop them both and thats coming from a guy who's from Wards hometown.

Now as for Dawson thats arguable i still feel Cloud could beat him but Dawson is a bit more proven but Ward and Dirrell give me a break.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 6 2009, 02:00 AM) *
Are you seriouse his wins over Gonzalez and Woods are better than any wins Ward and Dirrell have had. Cloud would whoop them both and thats coming from a guy who's from Wards hometown.

Now as for Dawson thats arguable i still feel Cloud could beat him but Dawson is a bit more proven but Ward and Dirrell give me a break.

we dnt belive u, u need more people. ward dominated marianda who is better than woods and gonzalez. dirrell was just got robbed against froch who is better than woods and gonzalez what is your point
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Nov 6 2009, 12:38 PM) *
we dnt belive u, u need more people. ward dominated marianda who is better than woods and gonzalez. dirrell was just got robbed against froch who is better than woods and gonzalez what is your point

WTF

If you mean Miranda who got stopped against Pavlik, Anraham and is as one diminsional as they come then hell no i don't think he's a better win than a faded Gonzalez and a former champ in Woods.

And as for Dirrell vs Froch he it was a close fight froch is a weak ass pice of sh*t who has about as much boxing skill as a drunken sailor and still Dirrell came up short some thought he won it others thought he did it was to little. He could have put Froch away but didn't have the heart to do it.

I would bet Cloud would have beat the sh*t out of both those guys easier maybe even stopping both of them.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 6 2009, 04:43 PM) *
WTF

If you mean Miranda who got stopped against Pavlik, Anraham and is as one diminsional as they come then hell no i don't think he's a better win than a faded Gonzalez and a former champ in Woods.

And as for Dirrell vs Froch he it was a close fight froch is a weak ass pice of sh*t who has about as much boxing skill as a drunken sailor and still Dirrell came up short some thought he won it others thought he did it was to little. He could have put Froch away but didn't have the heart to do it.

I would bet Cloud would have beat the sh*t out of both those guys easier maybe even stopping both of them.

ok son now u trippin what did woods do but lose to a faded tarver an it wasnt close. marianda was kod by undefeated fighters that can punch so what r u talking bout i dnt understand your point. abraham is top 3 fighter at his weight so is pavlik, woods was never that or gonzalez.

somebody talk to him...................
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Nov 6 2009, 06:07 PM) *
ok son now u trippin what did woods do but lose to a faded tarver an it wasnt close. marianda was kod by undefeated fighters that can punch so what r u talking bout i dnt understand your point. abraham is top 3 fighter at his weight so is pavlik, woods was never that or gonzalez.

somebody talk to him...................

It's MIRANDA son not MARIANDA. LOL

You might wanna sharpen up on your boxing knowledge my man Miranda is as one diminsional as they come. Im pretty sure anyone here would agree that Woods has the better resume.

Miranda has one thing only and thats a punch other than that he's an ordinary fighter.

Woods has fought....

Jones-his only KO loss to a prime Roy

Johnson-Draw

Rico Hoye-stopped him when he was undefeated

Johnson-won SD

Gonzales-won UD

Tarver-loss decision

Elvir Muriqi-won decision

Woods has fought and beaten better fighters than Miranda and his only KO loss was like i mentioned to a prime Jones.

And if Ward or Dirrell ever have the balls to step in with Cloud they would get f*cked up mark my words.

Lets see Miranda has fought...

Allan Green-his best win

Pavlik-KO loss

Abraham-loss decision

Abraham -loss KO'ed
True-Boxing-Fan
Tavoris is a good fighter and a Champion but to say he is the next coming once Hopkins retires is a very long stretch. His biggest wins were against a faded Gonzales and a shot Woods. The Woods win was good but not impressive. I was expecting more from him being it was the first time I seen him fight. Now Cloud is aggressive and has power but his style doesnt make you fall off your seat. He still has a long way to go and he may be a good champion one day but he has lots to work on. To say he'll beat Dawson right now is nonsense. Dawson is the goods and he's more polished and has the better arsenal. Me personally, i'll take Ward or Dirrell over Cloud. Ward and Dirrell have the better skill set and superior handspeed, but Cloud will always have the punchers chance. Dont forget that Dirrell let an easy win slip away from a guy(Froch) who beat the current cruiserweight champion(Jean Pascal). Now I know you dont like Froch, but Froch has a way better resume than Cloud and Dirrell let that fight slip away. Cloud is young and a champion but far from the future.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Nov 6 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Tavoris is a good fighter and a Champion but to say he is the next coming once Hopkins retires is a very long stretch. His biggest wins were against a faded Gonzales and a shot Woods. The Woods win was good but not impressive. I was expecting more from him being it was the first time I seen him fight. Now Cloud is aggressive and has power but his style doesnt make you fall off your seat. He still has a long way to go and he may be a good champion one day but he has lots to work on. To say he'll beat Dawson right now is nonsense. Dawson is the goods and he's more polished and has the better arsenal. Me personally, i'll take Ward or Dirrell over Cloud. Ward and Dirrell have the better skill set and superior handspeed, but Cloud will always have the punchers chance. Dont forget that Dirrell let an easy win slip away from a guy who beat the current cruiserweight champion(Jean Pascal). Cloud is young and a champion but far from the future.

Wow i guess im the only one who see's Cloud as the real deal and a better fighter than Ward and Dirrell.

I really don't know how anyone could be impressed by Dirrel and Ward. Dirrell was scared shitless against a fighter with the boxing skills of a bar fighter in Froch and Ward didn't show the heart to put Miranda away when he could have.

I guess it's a matter of styles Cloud is a fighter to where as Dirrell is a hit and run guy.

I guess time will tell who are the better fighters. Im pretty confident Cloud will be the more successful fighter though.
True-Boxing-Fan
Look, i'm not saying that Cloud is not the real deal he may well be one day. I'm just saying that his wins over a faded Gonzales and a shot Wood were unimpressive. Woods wasnt doing shit in that fight and was slow as molasses. I dont know why Cloud didnt open up more and take him out. I just think its a big stretch to say Cloud is some elite fighter right now who will easily beat Dirrell, Ward and Dawson right now. From what I saw when Cloud fought Woods and its was my only fight i've seen of his, he looked a little one dimensional in there. He's a aggressive fighter with some power, but he was lacking in the boxing skills department.
ezdoseit
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Nov 6 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Look, i'm not saying that Cloud is not the real deal he may well be one day. I'm just saying that his wins over a faded Gonzales and a shot Wood were unimpressive. Woods wasnt doing shit in that fight and was slow as molasses. I dont know why Cloud didnt open up more and take him out. I just think its a big stretch to say Cloud is some elite fighter right now who will easily beat Dirrell, Ward and Dawson right now. From what I saw when Cloud fought Woods and its was my only fight i've seen of his, he looked a little one dimensional in there. He's a aggressive fighter with some power, but he was lacking in the boxing skills department.

co-sign great post thats what i was trying to tell this kid. i wounder if this is cloud that we goin back and fouth with idk.... if it is cloud u r a ok fighter u need to polish ur skills. first use ur jab to get inside just to make the fight easy for u.. and stop trying to time fighters with that slow counter right. shit u couldnt catch woods how u gonna catch dirrell r ward.... ps more head movement...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (ezdoseit @ Nov 7 2009, 12:15 AM) *
co-sign great post thats what i was trying to tell this kid. i wounder if this is cloud that we goin back and fouth with idk.... if it is cloud u r a ok fighter u need to polish ur skills. first use ur jab to get inside just to make the fight easy for u.. and stop trying to time fighters with that slow counter right. shit u couldnt catch woods how u gonna catch dirrell r ward.... ps more head movement...

Hey young man please work on you grammer because i can't understand what your trying to say either that or your doing it on purpose to disguise yourself cough* maelstrap*cough and if it is you no need to reply to me im not interested in having debates with 12 year olds.

True boxing fan can you tell me what Ward and Dirrell have done that makes them more impressive to you? Because besides being able to run around the ring like fairies I can't possibly see what you think they have that would make them beat and even stop Cloud.

Sh*t neither Ward nor Dirrell have beaten anyone fighter who was more acomplished than Woods. Let me also add im no Woods fan but it's a fact that Clouds win over Woods is better than any win of Ward or Dirrell.

I really hope Ward beats Kesller but I highly doubt he will. Ward is still in that amateur style mode just like Dirrell they slap with there punches and are looking more to just score than actually hurt there opponent that type of fighter i can't stand.

I was rooting for Dirrell in the Froch fight but after watching him fall around the ring and complain about every little thing i found it very hard to keep rooting for him.

Im not trying to say Cloud is the next best thing it's much too soon to say that but i do feel out of all the young american fighters out there in the higher weight classes he has the most potential out of all of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.