Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: STFU Oscar
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
MarzB
Quote...(from boxingscene)

“Cotto has a good chin and a big heart. He’s a natural welterweight who hits hard and is also smart and fast. Pacquiao doesn’t hit hard enough to knock anyone out in the welterweight division. I’m basing that on my fight against Pacquiao. I could’ve stood there and put my face in front of him and he couldn’t have hurt me,” De La Hoya said.

Oh really Oscar? I guess you're forgetting how you were in hiding after that fight. I guess you're forgetting what you looked like after that fight. Here's a reminder

I guess you're forgetting how you crouched down in the end of the last round since you could stand in front of Manny.

Again dude, just shut up please. Your analysis sucks and thanks for potentially jinxing my Cotto pick..
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 6 2009, 01:48 PM) *

Oh really Oscar? I guess you're forgetting how you were in hiding after that fight. I guess you're forgetting what you looked like after that fight. Here's a reminder

I guess you're forgetting how you crouched down in the end of the last round since you could stand in front of Manny.

Again dude, just shut up please. Your analysis sucks and thanks for potentially jinxing my Cotto pick..

As much as Oscar got tagged in that fight he was never on rubber legs, not even close. Manny could of score a tko, but I don't think he had a chance to score a clean KO on Oscar in that fight. Just my opinion.
MarzB
Hey Conscience

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you based on the conversation that went on between Nacho and Oscar when Nacho was asking Oscar did he want to continue. I can't remember it verbatim but I definitely recall "Senor Fishnets"(lol, the pics were fake but I still love it) not responding at all.

So if he could have proceeded and withstood Manny's "lack of power", sure he would have said, "no.. I'm not losing like this" and kept fighting till the ref stepped in. But he didn't which to me makes what he says irrelevant.
JD
Oscar has a great chin, and Pac buckled him.

For as soft as he supposedly punches, Oscar not only couldn't get out of the way of his shots...but he also couldn't bear to take anymore so he quit.

iron_mike
THANK YOU!!! I responded on the boxingscene.com thread, SOUR GRAPES from cyclops
Douchebag
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 6 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Hey Conscience

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you based on the conversation that went on between Nacho and Oscar when Nacho was asking Oscar did he want to continue. I can't remember it verbatim but I definitely recall "Senor Fishnets"(lol, the pics were fake but I still love it) not responding at all.

So if he could have proceeded and withstood Manny's "lack of power", sure he would have said, "no.. I'm not losing like this" and kept fighting till the ref stepped in. But he didn't which to me makes what he says irrelevant.

There's a lot of shit that is going on in your mind when you are getting your ass handed to you way Oscar did. It could have been that Oscar was completely frustrated and embarrased and said to himself "no mas" like Duran did in the second fight with Leonard. I know what your saying and you have a point, but from my point of view Oscar was taking FLUSH shots from Manny for the 9 rounds and was never out on his feet, dazed or any of that shit. I'm just saying.
streetlion1
Agreed Pacman could not have knocked DLH out. Pacmans speed will be his only advantage over Cotto....and Cotto is no old and drained DLH....he is the #1 welterweight and will K.O. Pacman.

Everyone is on about how Pacman has carried his power with him to 147...based on what? DLH offered nothing and was never dazed.....and lets not even bring up Hatton with his garbage defense and glass jaw. Now he is stepping in with the best 147 has to offer! I like Manny but Cotto is just a bad match up for him. The closer the fight gets and the more I think about the match up I feel sort of a let down coming...not the entertaining war im hoping for...but a total domination by Cotto.

Its really surprising to hear the number of people writing Cotto off lately....I mean....I see the same Pacman who Marquez dominated at times in their 2nd fight.
Lil-lightsout
Obviously Pac got some pop to his punches. He flattened Hatton with some vicious shots. As far as Oscar saying that, sure it is some sour grapes and supporting or rooting for Cotto, but there is some truth to what he is saying. IMO the reason Oscar quit, was because he truly had no energy or anything in his tank. He was like a moving punching bag. With the amount of shots he took from Pac, it was good for him he quit, cause he had nothing to offer in return. I am sure Oscar felt Pac's punches, but I do not think he was really hurt too bad. It is just the accumulation and the fact Oscar could not return fire back. As much as Pac connected with all his power punches, Oscar took them okay. I would think of a few other welterweights that would have stopped Oscar earlier if they landed THERE bombs on him as often as Pac did.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 6 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Obviously Pac got some pop to his punches. He flattened Hatton with some vicious shots. As far as Oscar saying that, sure it is some sour grapes and supporting or rooting for Cotto, but there is some truth to what he is saying. IMO the reason Oscar quit, was because he truly had no energy or anything in his tank. He was like a moving punching bag. With the amount of shots he took from Pac, it was good for him he quit, cause he had nothing to offer in return. I am sure Oscar felt Pac's punches, but I do not think he was really hurt too bad. It is just the accumulation and the fact Oscar could not return fire back. As much as Pac connected with all his power punches, Oscar took them okay. I would think of a few other welterweights that would have stopped Oscar earlier if they landed THERE bombs on him as often as Pac did.

Whole-heartedly agree with everything you just said except for the last sentence. I didn't think DLH was going to win, didn't think him winning would be good for boxing either but never once did it seem like Pacquiao was going to score anything more than a TKO stoppage. The fact that he never had DLH close to an actual KO or knockdown doesn't take anything away from Pacquiao either as DLH had one of the great chins in boxing.

PR316
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 6 2009, 07:03 PM) *
Oscar has a great chin, and Pac buckled him.

For as soft as he supposedly punches, Oscar not only couldn't get out of the way of his shots...but he also couldn't bear to take anymore so he quit.

I was about to say just that.

For Oscar to come out now and say that he could have stuck his face in front of Pacquiao is downright hilarious considering that he didn't want to come off his stool for the 9th round.

What a joke.
Box in Hand
I think Oscar serves a huge purpose. If you bet on fights just bet on the opposite of his pick and you are guaranteed to win. That unlucky fuck probably couldn't hit the side of building with a basketball.
jlupi
Truth or sour grapes. you decide but I think oscar has earned the right to give an opinion.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 06:05 PM) *
Also for the record, I would say that Oscar's face doesn't look bad at all, considering on how much leather he ate that night.

uh, the record would like to call bullshit on that. his face looks fucked up man, his eye is ganked up and he probably had to drink through a straw for a few days. he couldn't put his lips on millie's dick for at least a week.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 6 2009, 01:48 PM) *

apparently fitz missed his fucked up mouth in this picture, i don't know what you classify as a fucked up face, but his face looks pretty ganked up here. it's not like it's just a black eye, it's also almost swollen shut. i don't know where you found the fuzziest, shittiest pic of after the fight either.
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 05:50 PM) *
I don't think Oscar is that far off from the truth. He said "I could have put my face in front of him and he wouldn't have hurt me". He basically did and Oscar was never really hurt. Oscar quit out of embarrassment and a beating but he was never seriously hurt or out on his feet or anything like that.
Put it this way, Oscar was pretty much a dead man walking with all the weight he lost, and Manny landed more that anybody has ever landed on Oscar in a fight and Oscar still was never seriously hurt. So it's not like he is saying anything untrue.
He said he could have put his face in front of him, he did put his face in front of him and he was never seriously hurt. There were stages when he was eating all this leather at once where Pacquiao caught his attention, but still never seriously hurt as in out on your feet and it's quite remarkable with the amount of punches he had landed on him.
He quit out of frustration and he was eating way too much leather.

Agree. The beating Pac gave him was more like chinese water torture then cattle prod.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Ohhhh yeah, his face is totally fucked look at his one swollen eye. He is totally fucked man, can you see that one eye that he has swelling on? Man I would hate to be him, his face is fucking ruined with a swelling on an eye. That swelling on his eye is going to give him a whole lot of trouble eating rolleyes_anim.gif

Agree. I am sure we all have seen far worse then Oscars face after that fight. Count me among those who believe Pacs power is less then lethal at welter.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 07:38 PM) *
You know you can move your mouth you know?

LOL
torvix2000
I could no longer find the link. But one of Oscar's team mate said that the first flush shot that Pac landed rattled him. Sure it didn't really hurt but it rattled him.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Rusty for the record, I'm not saying Oscar's face looks great, he has a swollen eye so Pacquiao did get him. All I was saying is that Oscar has never been tagged like that before, he was hit the whole night. He walked away from the fight with a swollen eye nothing more. I think he walked away from it pretty well. Considering I have seen guys hit about half the amount that Oscar did and their face was really fucked up. I have seen a lot of fights and I know when a guys face gets mangled. Oscar's face wasn't mangled, I just don't consider a swollen eye as something big. I'm sure I have seen Oscar look worse than that as well like Keith mentioned.

I'm just saying, his face is fucked up. it wasn't like frankenstein bad, but it's definitely fucked.
torvix2000
Why are people so fouckin' obsessed with Pac's lack of power when it's been decided that his power is really overrated a long time ago by the most respected people in this planet?

Pac couldn't even "knockout" Barrera. He couldn't even "knockout" Morales (also embarrassed and quit shaking his head), Marquez. Diaz only knocked out in what round? How about Hatton? Well he just received the same left cross that Marquez received.

The thinking that Pac is not powerful is what made a lot of Pac's opponents to lose. Getting hit by 10 ordinary hard shots gives opponents confidence until getting hit by an 11th which is an explosive BOOM coming out from nowhere.
provo
Pac tagged the shit out of oscar but seriously I don't think pac could have slept him clean like hatton !
Regardless! Pac won't knock out cotto clean ,he's going 2 tag cottos ass all nite and force the Ref to stop the fight he don't have to Knock cotto out to get a TKO!
And come next week Pac wins in 10 TKO ,ref will stop this fight due to cotto getting tagged all nite and being bloody !
AussieLad
Oscar, love him or hate him, has an awesome chin.

The fact that manny could not stop him with a clean KO does not mean manny doesnt have power.

Still, cotto is the power puncher in this fight, plain and simple
caneman
Fishnets is a joke! This is enough said IMO!

JLUVBABY
im reading comments and it seems like some of you guys feel pac beat a prime hoya.. im in no shape form or fashion a hoya fan but i gotta call it like i see it and what i saw in that fight was an over trained past his prime fighter take lumps against a younger fresher fighter.... you guys really think pac does that same kinda job to a prime hoya?.... i dont... not saying pac wins or loses if he fought hoya at his best but from what ive read it seems like some think pac beat a young prime fighter in hoya... my opinion on pac is if he can beat cotto then he is indeed the goods his fans think he is... i dont think thats gonna happen tho... cotto is a whole diffrent league of fighter from hatton and hoya...
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 7 2009, 04:49 AM) *
im reading comments and it seems like some of you guys feel pac beat a prime hoya..

Which one?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 6 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Which one?

3 pages of them torvix... and not just on this site but others as well when i read comments on that fight im taken back by people that feel pac deserves major props for that fight... yes not many people gave him a chance, im included, but in hindsite the realism of what oscar he was facing to me says he doesnt get full credit for the win in my opinion... im not trying to diminish his win but fact is he didnt beat a prime time fighter that night.... he's fighting a prime time fighter next weekend.. IF hes able to beat cotto in any way shape or form ill come on the forum and eat my crow and give pac the props maybe i been missing giving him but i just dont see it happening...
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 7 2009, 04:57 AM) *
3 pages of them torvix...

LOL! 3 pages of what I've read are just some people makin' fun of Oscar's face. They ain't sayin' things even remotely close to Pac beating a prime DLH.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 7 2009, 04:57 AM) *
F hes able to beat cotto in any way shape or form ill come on the forum and eat my crow and give pac the props maybe i been missing giving him but i just dont see it happening...

We're different. If Pac beats Cotto, I'm not gonna give him real props. Cotto, IMHO, is shot. He's the boss in training and that's bad. But I'm gonna give Cotto props if he wins because he would prove to me that he could really nullify speed.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 6 2009, 11:08 PM) *
LOL! 3 pages of what I've read are just some people makin' fun of Oscar's face. They ain't sayin' things even remotely close to Pac beating a prime DLH.

We're different. If Pac beats Cotto, I'm not gonna give him real props. Cotto, IMHO, is shot. He's the boss in training and that's bad. But I'm gonna give Cotto props if he wins because he would prove to me that he could really nullify speed.

cottos proven he can nullify speed twice... zab and shane.... and mallinaggi... and a few others im sure that ive forgotten... cotto will handle pacs speed... i dont think pac will handles cottos power at the end of the day... if marquez had pac down i dont see why cotto wont be able to hurt him and diffrence will be cotto is hitting much harder than marquez...
torvix2000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 7 2009, 05:11 AM) *
cottos proven he can nullify speed twice... zab and shane.... and mallinaggi... and a few others im sure that ive forgotten... cotto will handle pacs speed... i dont think pac will handles cottos power at the end of the day... if marquez had pac down i dont see why cotto wont be able to hurt him and diffrence will be cotto is hitting much harder than marquez...

I just think that because of Pac's style, it's not apparent he's "twice" as fast as Mosley and Zab.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 6 2009, 11:47 PM) *
I just think that because of Pac's style, it's not apparent he's "twice" as fast as Mosley and Zab.

hes fast when hes throwing his punches with his uncontrolled agressive style (almost kamakazi in style)... im almost sure that style is gonna work against him in this fight.. i can see pac walking into a monster punch... cottos been hit by harder punchers than pac.. marg mosely and others im sure hes gonna deal with what ever pac brings... he took 11 rounds of more than likely plastered hands of margarito before folding... i know pacs not hitting that hard...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 7 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Pac tagged the shit out of oscar but seriously I don't think pac could have slept him clean like hatton !

When has DLH ever been knocked out clean? Pac did what he was supposed to do, beat the shit out of DLH.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 7 2009, 05:59 AM) *
A prime DLH at 147 would have ended Pacquiao.

Speculation Fitz. No one knows that for a certainty.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 11:59 PM) *

100% correct. Next saturday should also prove this.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 11:59 PM) *

There are aliens alive on Saturn
provo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 6 2009, 08:59 PM) *

Totally agree! I think Oscar at 154 would have beat Pac!
provo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 7 2009, 12:09 AM) *
When has DLH ever been knocked out clean? Pac did what he was supposed to do, beat the shit out of DLH.

Um I know that ! I said he tagged the shit out of him .
MarzB
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 6 2009, 08:33 PM) *
apparently fitz missed his fucked up mouth in this picture, i don't know what you classify as a fucked up face, but his face looks pretty ganked up here. it's not like it's just a black eye, it's also almost swollen shut. i don't know where you found the fuzziest, shittiest pic of after the fight either.

Especially after not only was the same picture posted in this thread but if you google images for it, you'll easily find other CLEAR shots of it,lol.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 7 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Um I know that ! I said he tagged the shit out of him .

Yeah I know it was more of a general comment that he has never been knocked out cold ratherthan a attack on you provo.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 7 2009, 02:38 PM) *
100% correct. Next saturday should also prove this.

LOL! If Pac beats Cotto, then you'd concede that 100% Pac beats DLH at 147?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 7 2009, 08:25 PM) *
LOL! If Pac beats Cotto, then you'd concede that 100% Pac beats DLH at 147?

Honestly, if Pac does beat Cotto convincinly, MAYBE I will have to retract my statement. Though on the outside it is hard to not be impressed with Pac from what he has done in his career. And lately at the heavier weights he has looked superb. But you also have to weigh the fact that Diaz was a weak champ, Oscar was PHP and weak as shit, and Hatton fought like a complete dumbass. Beating Cotto should say a lot, but a prime Oscar was a pretty darn good fighter, and style wise I think he could beat Pac. Even if Pac loses, atleast he is willing to step up and take chances. I just can not stand Roach and his fn arrogance and manipulative bullshit he pulls.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 7 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Honestly, if Pac does beat Cotto convincinly, MAYBE I will have to retract my statement. Though on the outside it is hard to not be impressed with Pac from what he has done in his career. And lately at the heavier weights he has looked superb. But you also have to weigh the fact that Diaz was a weak champ, Oscar was PHP and weak as shit, and Hatton fought like a complete dumbass. Beating Cotto should say a lot, but a prime Oscar was a pretty darn good fighter, and style wise I think he could beat Pac. Even if Pac loses, atleast he is willing to step up and take chances. I just can not stand Roach and his fn arrogance and manipulative bullshit he pulls.

A prime DLH would have stopped Manny inside of 6-7 rounds.
MarzB
My aunt would be my uncle if she had a dick...

Fuck the the WHAT IF debates, next...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 7 2009, 10:05 PM) *
How ironic, this coming from a guy that's been defending a guy who is based on "if's" laugh.gif

laugh.gif
MarzB
How ironic, this coming from a guy that's been defending a guy who is based on "if's" laugh.gif

What "ifs" are you referring to since you love and admire my post so well?? Curious. Now dig up another post and make sure it's as fuzzy as that picture you posted,lol
Keith

clapping.gif
Marz just loves Mayweather. Mayweather has said he cant fight Pac or Cotto because of Arum. He has turned down Mosley twice in the last year. Yet Marz has the audacity to claim DLH hasnt fought "everybody". The milks gone bad Marz... the tide has shifted and you cant see the forest from the trees.
MarzB
I don't have a problem with a picture per se ok since you're whining. I'm LMAO that a pic was posted already and you find a worse picture to make some silly point, "he's not that busted up totally".

Oscar can "say" what he wants but the facts are:

"Do you have a headache", "Look oscar, we're gonna stop it he's just too fast". So surely Oscar being the great Hispanic fighter he is, would NEVER quit on his stool now would he? I mean after all, Manny wasn't really punching that hard.

Quick note. For Oscar to put so much focus on impact of Manny's punches is silly. Manny doesn't have to hit like a mule to be effective and oscar being the recipient should know that. Thats why I said he should STFU but the rationalizations I'm reading here are even funnier.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 6 2009, 07:33 PM) *

Why Fitz found it at 'hunks encyclopedia'of course. Where else would you expect to find it? LOL

This is the problem I see for Pac in the Cotto fight, I don't think he can stop him or even hurt him. IF it turns out Pac's speed isnt as effective against Cotto as some past opponents then he is in big trouble.
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 9 2009, 01:09 AM) *
I bet Mayweather couldn't even make it onto that site.

If he don't, it's 'cause their racist.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 6 2009, 07:48 AM) *

The pic you (MarzB) posted is hard evidence Oscar was lying when he said Pac didn't hurt him...and cant knock him out, I'm sure the next round would have sent him to canvass had he not quit....certainly, the picture of Oscar's face after he quit is an evidence without a doubt that Pacquiao did hurt him...

Pacquiao repeatedly said Oscar is his idol even before their fight....it is presumed Manny did not really want to knockout Oscar as much as he want on Hatton....i think the best a fighter should do to STFU an opponent even after the fight is to KNOCKOUT him....

Good evidence you got there MarzB
streetlion1
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Nov 9 2009, 08:34 PM) *
The pic you (MarzB) posted is hard evidence Oscar was lying when he said Pac didn't hurt him...and cant knock him out, I'm sure the next round would have sent him to canvass had he not quit....certainly, the picture of Oscar's face after he quit is an evidence without a doubt that Pacquiao did hurt him...

Pacquiao repeatedly said Oscar is his idol even before their fight....it is presumed Manny did not really want to knockout Oscar as much as he want on Hatton....i think the best a fighter should do to STFU an opponent even after the fight is to KNOCKOUT him....

Good evidence you got there MarzB

DLH's face looks like that because he got hit with everything....but that still doesnt mean he was ever really hurt. In that pic it looks like Oscar is biting the side of his lip or something....the only part fucked up is the eye.

If somebody like a Cotto...a Mosley....or a Margacheato was to land as many on DLH as Manny did they would have stopped Oscar. I think had the fight continued that the ref or Oscars corner would have stopped it but Manny wouldnt of been able to K.O. Oscar flat out.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 10 2009, 05:43 PM) *
I posted a pic, though it's gone now. But his mouth was fine, he was just moving his mouth. He ended up with a swollen eye, big deal. In the terms of what a 'fucked' up face is, DLH's face wasn't fucked up at all, and getting one swollen eye in this sport isn't a big deal at all. Pacquiao was landing so much on him and all he got was a swollen eye, he didn't even get it that bad. When I think of fucked up faces, I think of this:

these faces are also all fucked up, along with dlh's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.