Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@8:30PM (CST) Dawson vs. Johnson II (SPOILERS@ 8:45)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
This thread is for all comments about the Dawson-Johnson rematch on HBO tonight.

Jack

Administrator
D-MARV
Brutal Ending... Angulo is a BEAST!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That shit right there is KO of the year. Yorgey had some success early in the 2nd round, but he just couldn't keep Angulo off of him. I thought they should have stopped the fight at the end of the 2nd round, but Yorgey is one tough dude. That was friggin brutal though, especially the close up shots.
True-Boxing-Fan
Wow, that was an awesome KO. Angulo was like a crazed dog in there. That was a good little fight while it lasted. Harry Joe was having a little success, but he was just out gunned. He has one big heart though.
streetlion1
Does anyone have a good link they can send me?
kidbazooka1
Damn Yorgey is a tough well skilled fighter i thought he was gonna give Angulo a tougher time.

One thing i've noticed about Angulo since the loss to Cintron is that he's been starting faster.

That KO was brutal i don't see anyone being able to bang it out with Angulo.
Lil-lightsout
That was a vicious KO. That highlight slomo from the corner angle replay they showed was the craziest thing I ever seen. You could see Yorgey's whole face get massively distorted when those two lethal punches landed. It was unreal to watch.

Also, that ref was awful. Unbelieveable how he let Angulo in the 2nd round hit Yorgey a few times while he was clearly down. Absolute garbage.
D-MARV
Johnson seems a bit more off balance then I ever seen him. 3-0 Dawson
streetlion1
Dawson is controlling the fight...same as the 1st one. A better round for Johnson in round 6 but dont think he won it. He needs a K.O. to win....its looking like a shutout though.
streetlion1
Oh would I love to see a Dawson-Hopkins fight!!!
D-MARV
Hopkins would lose.
streetlion1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 7 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Hopkins would lose.

Say what?!?!? I think Dawson is good but B-Hop is a whole different animal. Dawson would have his hands full no doubt! B-Hop has the best defense in boxing....and nobody looks good against him.

Not saying Dawson couldnt get a decision but I would definitely lean towards Hopkins style and experience.
MarzB
The come forward fighter lover/posters, please step up.

Give me a round that Glen Johnson won literally. Chad could have been more aggressive but this fight to me shows what Glen Johnson was, a good journeyman. I didn't think he beat Tarver the first time frankly and the Jones fight. Well I'll chalk that up to Jones still being shell shocked.

He's a good fighter but not very good.

To the boos, regardless, Chad easily pulled this one out.
streetlion1
I thought the 2 judges that had it 115-113 were stretching it big. I dont think Johnson won a round except maybe the 6th. Dawson showed once again how he is faster and can outbox a slower and older opponent....but there is one old guy...namely B-Hop that he wouldnt be able to beat IMO.

I hope after Hopkins destroys Ornelas...then puts RJJ to bed that he ends his career exposing Dawson!
happygocampy
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 7 2009, 08:02 PM) *

Give me a round that Glen Johnson won literally. Chad could have been more aggressive but this fight to me shows what Glen Johnson was, a good journeyman. I didn't think he beat Tarver the first time frankly and the Jones fight. Well I'll chalk that up to Jones still being shell shocked.

I gave the 6th round to Johnson, he came out and landed about 7-10 crisp clean shots the 1st minute. Chad landed about 3 clean shots the next 2 minutes. Other than that i gave every single round to Dawson. That was a beautiful display of boxing from Dawson.
caneman
Great, great show for Chad...He didn't fade & put in great work to win that fight EASY 10-2 & that is being nice to Glen! That is the best I ever seen Chad look from start to finish & he deserves mad props on that performance IMO! That fighter (Chad) should be able to beat anyone & do so for a very long time...I knew he was going to be the tops P4P in the future but the future maybe here sooner than I thought! It's shame he don't have great power too!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 7 2009, 11:02 PM) *

He's a good fighter but not very good.

To the boos, regardless, Chad easily pulled this one out.

Round 5 was clearly a Johnson round. The trouble with this fight was that whenever Glenn was landing that pawing jab, it wasnt mentioned bt the HBO crew. I saw Johson land the pawing jab quite a bit in the 1st 5 rounds. He would also land to the body and it went unniticed by HBO. I think Dawson did enough to win both fights, but in no way did he blow me away. he still seems to fight to the level of his competetion. The difference between guys like RJJ, SRL and Hagleer is whenever they had a guy in front of them that they should clearly outclass and dominate, they did. Dawson is just happy to win. He should have stopped Glenn Johnson. Dawson doesnt sit down on his punches and may be a bit too defensive when he's in there with a guy who seemingly cant really hurt him.

I dont want to see Dawson vs Hopkins. Let Hopkins retire. I would like to have seen Dawson vs Calzaghe. Dawson stated in the postfight that Tarver and Johnso were behind him. Its time to get some new guys in here. Then he mentions Hopkins... Stay away from Hopkins. If folks thought Johnson made him look bad....
The CEO
Angulo's back, ain't he?...although I was pissed at that dumbass ref for allowing the rabbit punching and the shots while Yorgey was grounded, that was one BEAUTIFUL KO.....loved it.

As limited as he is in certain areas, I now fully BELIEVE he was sick against Cintron.

Chad Dawson....what can ya say....he's got the world in the palm of his hand with all his skills and experience at such a young age...I believe he's turned the corner with this fight, and the sky's the limit...I think it's pretty difficult to keep him out of a Top 10 P4P right about now...
Lil-lightsout
Dawson clearly won that fight, I gave 2 rounds max to Johnson. Great boxing display all around for Chad, wish he would have opened up a little more, but thats just me being picky. He is going to be tough to beat.
xxxxxx
Dawson looked solid tonight against a tough opponent in Johnson. I think it's fair to say he's the best light heavyweight in the sport of boxing today. The problem is who does he fight next? I would like to see him fight B-Hop, but I doubt that fight happens anytime soon or ever. It would be nice to see Calzaghe come out of retirement to fight Dawson. I think Dawson beats him at this point.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 7 2009, 11:35 PM) *
It would be nice to see Calzaghe come out of retirement to fight Dawson. I think Dawson beats him at this point.

laugh.gif Yeah right...Calzaghe actually fighting a top fighter in his prime fighter? You got to be kidding me? I guess you expect Mayweather to fight Mosley next too? Or maybe Chavez Jr. to fight a top 10 type fighter?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 7 2009, 11:42 PM) *
laugh.gif Yeah right...Calzaghe actually fighting a top fighter in his prime fighter? You got to be kidding me? I guess you expect Mayweather to fight Mosley next too? Or maybe Chavez Jr. to fight a top 10 type fighter?

Mosley is not a prime fighter. Pacman or Cotto are though.
Hodge
Calzaghe did beat Mikkel Kessler, arguably the best supermiddle in the world.
lloyd mayflower
I see Calzaghe being a tough one, but Joe certainly knew how to play the points game, and had a decent chin. Couple that with Dawson reluctance to try and get people out, i see a UD for Calzaghe.
JD
I have always thought it...and even coming off a long layoff I think it - Calzaghe would handle Chad Dawson.
Snoop
For some reason I just find Chad Dawson unexciting. He also has the dullest personality I've seen in a long time.
streetlion1
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 7 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I see Calzaghe being a tough one, but Joe certainly knew how to play the points game, and had a decent chin. Couple that with Dawson reluctance to try and get people out, i see a UD for Calzaghe.

CuntSlappy got away and turned down B-Hops rematch......a Dawson fight would put his ass to sleep. Your right about Dawson not wanting to finish though.

The only person that rivals my Gayweather hate is CuntSlappy!!!
Jack 1000
Wow! Those two judges were nice to Johnson having him only losing by 115-113 or 7-5. I had Dawson a clear winner at 9-2-1 or 118-111.

Jack
xxxxxx
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 8 2009, 02:12 AM) *
For some reason I just find Chad Dawson unexciting. He also has the dullest personality I've seen in a long time.

He might not have the best personality in boxing, but from the sound of it everyone is saying he is a great guy. He just goes out and does his job and then goes home to spend time with his family. I respect that. He's also a very talented boxer who could do great things in the sport if he stays on track. I would like to see him do well.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 8 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Mosley is not a prime fighter. Pacman or Cotto are though.

I would rather PBF fight Mosley rather than Cotto or Pac. Most would agree it is his toughest fight at 147.
Method
Bernard Hopkins would OWN Chad Dawson.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 8 2009, 09:58 AM) *
Bernard Hopkins would OWN Chad Dawson.

Well the prime Hopkins would certainly eat him alive and split out the pieces. That would be a repeat of the Trinidad beating. The current Hopkins I think it depends on which version of Dawson we get. If we get the Dawson from the first Johnson fight with more inside exchanges, Hopkins is still very good at that and would beat Dawson around 116-112 (twice) and 115-113. If the Dawson who showed up last night against Hopkins using the jab, movement and angles, Hopkins still makes it close and competitive, like the Calzaghe fight, actually a fight that I thought Hopkins won by a point. But last night's Dawson giving him the jab and angles. I don't know if Bernard's legs could keep up with the slick boxing of Dawson. Last night's Dawson takes a split decision over Hopkins Scores: 115-113 Hopkins, 115-113 Dawson, and 116-112 Dawson.

Hopkins vs. Dawson is totally contingent on the strategy that Dawson uses as to whether he wins or not.

Jack
D-MARV
Dawson would beat Hopkins right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.