Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How dare these fighters challenge Fedor with their somewhat primitve skills...
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Sorry, borrowed that quote from my boy Iron Mike, but the rule still applies.

Baddest man on the planet did it again.
thehype
LOL. Great quote.

Fedor is strong as hell and when he explodes...man...he really EXPLODES with his punches.
Michigan Assassin
That was a pretty impressive fight all around. Rogers didn't look intimidated and came to fight but Fedor showed why he is such a badass.
Douchebag
I hate when these MMA "strikers" don't respect basic boxing fundamentals. Rogers got KOed because he kept his hands by his waist the whole fight. SMH.
BigG
Fedor please clean out the UFC bums...
The CEO
Listen to this punch...

If I was into huggin' fighters' nuts, I would hug Fedor's....because his nuts deserve to be hugged.
pcraw
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 8 2009, 07:57 AM) *
I hate when these MMA "strikers" don't respect basic boxing fundamentals. Rogers got KOed because he kept his hands by his waist the whole fight. SMH.

MMA strikers? Hell tell that to Nate Campbell. LOL. Rogers low hands may be a fundamental flaw, but he wasn't intentionally dropping his hands ala Robbie Peden fight!

Well said WARLORD!
KookedKrack
shok.gif

jesus christ it sounded like he shot him
Douchebag
QUOTE (pcraw @ Nov 8 2009, 01:30 PM) *
MMA strikers? Hell tell that to Nate Campbell. LOL. Rogers low hands may be a fundamental flaw, but he wasn't intentionally dropping his hands ala Robbie Peden fight!

Well said WARLORD!

I'm sorry Percy but that shit happens way too much in MMA. If your strength is to strike then atleast try to do that with with the best technique as possible. Rogers kept his hand by his waist the whole fight. I know MMA gets attacked by some people on this board and that there is a need to defend it, but bad techique is bad technique. Roger would have made the fight a lot more interesting than what he made if he applied his craft correctly. Hopefully he takes notice and masters the oh so difficult art of keeping his hands by his face before his next fight.

That said, I think Rogers has a great future in MMA, I just get pissed off when some these guys don't show any respect to the boxing part their game. Just a personal pet peeve of mine.

P.S. Nate got cocky and paid the price, serves him right because he atleast knew better, unlike Rogers.
Warlord
Just another day at the office, knocking mother-fuckers out.

Is this Sparta?

JLUVBABY
my co-worker is adamant that brock lesnar beats fedor... the rest of us thinks he's nuts... what do you guys think?... i think fedor knocks lesnar out in the first or at least finishes the fight in the first rather ko or submission...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 9 2009, 07:25 PM) *
my co-worker is adamant that brock lesnar beats fedor... the rest of us thinks he's nuts... what do you guys think?... i think fedor knocks lesnar out in the first or at least finishes the fight in the first rather ko or submission...

Your co-worker is an idiot. There isn't a heavyweight in the world today that could beat Fedor, barring a freak turn of events.

Lesnar HATES to get hit. He doesn't react well, for whatever reason. There is absolutely zero chance he tries to stand with Fedor for any appreciable amount of time. If/when he tries to take it to the ground, he'll get subbed from the bottom or brutalized from the top. Anyone who likes Fedor's stand-up should really go back and watch his Pride fights, especially with Herring and Big Nog. The man punches from the top like no other fighter in history. His top-game is just brutal in every sense of the word.

Brock would never last more than 3 rounds under any circumstance; not with Fedor as his opponent.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 9 2009, 01:25 PM) *

Fedor?... Nobody can beat him as of the present MMA Fighters....not even Lesnar... Fedor makes MMA very exciting,....and to think trhat he isn't on Dana White's turf,...yet he is the most popular MMA fighter in the planet....this is only my personal opinion....Fedor is the best among the best!....
mrwigi
yea, i believe he may just be the most dangerous man on the planet. my best friend also believe brock would beat fedor, but its just not happening. the only advantage brock would have would be his size, and i think fedor has showed more than once that size to him is not a problem..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJeOMih5ceM
AussieLad
Brock will be a difficult task for anyone to beat. There are fighters i would pick to beat him, Barnett, Carwin, and Fedor being my top 3. However, not one of them will find it an easy task

The reason being is i dont think anyone of them will have an easy time stopping the take downs, which lets face it, is what brock would do vs either fedor or barnett. I think he may try and trade with carwin due to shanes size and wrestling ability.

If lesnar gets you on your back, he does one thing very very well, and that is control position. Where others try and transition to the mount, or rear up and strike, they end up creating space between them and their opponent. Space allows fedor to move to the armbar, or squirm out. Lesnar will lay on fedor like a 300 pound blanket, and he doesnt even try and move to mount. He will be content with half gaurd or side control, much like vs Mir, and if he gets yuo into that position it is almost impossible to get out. Brock really knows how to control people on the ground

I would hope that rushing for the take down vs barnett or fedor would see lesnar get clipped big time. But there is no way fedor pulls off a kimura on arms like brocks. If rogers could power out of that, brock can as well

Great fight with rogers by the way. Rogers made a mess of fedors nose, but it was always a matter of time till he got his clock cleaned. Way too green for the likes of fedor
BigG
LOL Fedor will fuckin murk Lesnar.
AussieLad
Thats an easy statement to make. Back it up with logic. How do you see the fight unfolding
BigG
-Fedor is more skilled.
-Fedor is a better stand up fighter.
-Fedor is tougher and has more heart.

Lesnar is a totaly HYPEJOB. Freakin Randy Cotoure who is 65 pounds lighter than him and 46 years old had his moments. Lesnar will not come out victorious if he fights Fedor.
kidbazooka1
No doubt fedor is a bad ass but man that muthaf*cker got a weak ass physique. I no it don't mean sh*t obviousley he keeps winning it's just that he doesn't look like a damn fighter let alone athlete. The average fan or media would proably think what the f*ck is this guy doing as one of the best they would think it's a joke.

But hey it's working for him but i don't think it would hurt him to hit a few more crunches during training.

AussieLad
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 11 2009, 06:30 PM) *
-Fedor is more skilled.
-Fedor is a better stand up fighter.
-Fedor is tougher and has more heart.

Lesnar is a totaly HYPEJOB. Freakin Randy Cotoure who is 65 pounds lighter than him and 46 years old had his moments. Lesnar will not come out victorious if he fights Fedor.

Randy is a wrestler, and small, which is why lesnar stood and traded with him. Obviously he would be stupid to trade with Fedor or he gets knocked the fuck out like every one else does

Do you think fedor will stuff the take downs from someone as large, powerfull, and quick as lesnar? That is the question. This fight, barring some spectacular KO as lesnar bullrushes fedor, is gauranteed to go to the ground. So his better stand up skills will mean little to nothing at that point

Fedor is much better at submissions than brock, no doubt. But then so was Mir, and look what good that did him.

Fedor is a tiny heavyweight, which is what makes what he does even more impressive. He is about Coutures size, a massive disadvantage, and he wont have the luxury of lesnar allowing him to stand and trade.

This will all be about what fedor does off his back, and whether lesnar leaves openings to exploit. If lesnar lands on top of fedor, and smothers him like he did vs Mir 2, it will be a rough night. That kind of smother will make it extremely difficult to secure an arm bar, and i dont think fedor is strong enough to pull off a kimura. If lesnar is content to stay in half gaurd like in Mir 2, that means no chance of a triangle.

Do i think Lesnar beats fedor. No i dont. Do i think its a blowout win for fedor. Only a very slim chance of that. Thats a rough night at the office for anyone.

Its a pity we will never get to see this fight happen, and in the meantime brock will lose to Carwin. Fedor would destroy carwin because carwin likes to stand up and bang which spells doom, but i think this is a matchup of styles. Lesnars wrestling and size is good enough to give fedor problems
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 11 2009, 03:36 PM) *
No doubt fedor is a bad ass but man that muthaf*cker got a weak ass physique. I no it don't mean sh*t obviousley he keeps winning it's just that he doesn't look like a damn fighter let alone athlete. The average fan or media would proably think what the f*ck is this guy doing as one of the best they would think it's a joke.

But hey it's working for him but i don't think it would hurt him to hit a few more crunches during training.

Dude, seriously, why are you so hung up over the man's body? Who watches sports to look at another man's body, lol? The NFL has proven time and again that body physique doesn't mean SHIT. Yeah, it's nice to have a 6-pack, but when you're decapitating mother-fuckings and subbing them out at the rate Fedor has, does any of that shit really matter in the end?

Fedor is the best fighter in the world. (Better than your boy Anderson Silva, by a damn sight.) Let's just let it stand at that.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 11 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Dude, seriously, why are you so hung up over the man's body? Who watches sports to look at another man's body, lol? The NFL has proven time and again that body physique doesn't mean SHIT. Yeah, it's nice to have a 6-pack, but when you're decapitating mother-fuckings and subbing them out at the rate Fedor has, does any of that shit really matter in the end?

Fedor is the best fighter in the world. (Better than your boy Anderson Silva, by a damn sight.) Let's just let it stand at that.

Here we go again.

First off it does matter sometimes how a fighter looks especially if you want to be marketable. Fedor wins yes but he looks like a f*cking plummer should it matter no but like i said sometimes it does.

Now it suprsies me that you being a boxing fan really think Fedor is the better fighter right now. Don't get me wrong i like him but he ain't better than Silva right now Silva like i have mentioned so many times befoer fights like a true proffessional he looks like he knows what he's doing and his strikes are sharp and accurate. Fedor on the other hand fights so f*Cking sloppy always leaving himself open like when Fujita had him doing the zab Judah chicken dance luckly for Fedor he was able to take Fujita down who has no ground game whatsoever and choked him out.

Anderson is p4p the best so f*cking what Fedor whooped Rogers who the f*ck was this guy any way he had a win over Arlovski who arguably has the weakest f*cking chin in all of MMA other than that he fought no one of name. I was actually supsried it took Fedor that long to finish him.

Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything.

AussieLad
Body type is important, depending upon your style. In fact there is an MMA magazine out at the moment with an article covering just that topic

It has Anderson Silva as your protypical striker. Long and lean for flexibility, and power generated through speed

It has Lesnar as your protypical grappler. Muscular, low body fat, thick neck and torso.

And it had GSP as your all rounder, the blend.

Then it tried to fit fedor into these molds. He was unusual in that he has a thick torso to aid his grappling and throws, but relatively thin limbs by comparison. It speculated these thin limbs aided the retention of speed and power for his striking. So good at grappling, good at striking, sounds like fedor to me.

Regardless of his plumber looks, Fedor is a fighting specimen worth cloning
Douchebag
There are some definite wholes in Fedor's striking, but he is a beast all around and I have no problem with him being the p4p just based on his total body of work. It goes back to the arguement of what weighs more technique or accomplishments. I alway lean towards accomplishments.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 11 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Here we go again.

First off it does matter sometimes how a fighter looks especially if you want to be marketable. Fedor wins yes but he looks like a f*cking plummer should it matter no but like i said sometimes it does.

We're not debating who the most marketable fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.) We're debating who the best fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.)

Now it suprsies me that you being a boxing fan really think Fedor is the better fighter right now. Don't get me wrong i like him but he ain't better than Silva right now Silva like i have mentioned so many times befoer fights like a true proffessional he looks like he knows what he's doing and his strikes are sharp and accurate.

Fights like a true professional? Go back and watch the debacle that was Silva/Leitas. The man did much of nothing for 5 rounds, intentionally refusing to engage his opponent as a way to "protest" his desire for a pay increase from Dana White. Fucking ridiculous, and the last thing I'd expect from a "professional."

Fedor, on the other hand, is always humble, never insults his opponents, never refuses to fight or engage because "the money wasn't right," nor does he dance on the way to the ring, in the ring, or on the way out of the ring after the fight.

Fedor on the other hand fights so f*Cking sloppy always leaving himself open like when Fujita had him doing the zab Judah chicken dance luckly for Fedor he was able to take Fujita down who has no ground game whatsoever and choked him out.

Fedor wasn't doing the fucking chicken dance, dude. See, I hate when you guys read about a fight on the internet somewhere and then start talking like you actually know what's up. Fedor was hurt, but not to any degree that prevented him from taking Fujita down and finishing him. The mark of a champion. And a hell of alot better than getting subbed by D fighters like Daiju Takase.

Anderson is p4p the best so f*cking what Fedor whooped Rogers who the f*ck was this guy any way he had a win over Arlovski who arguably has the weakest f*cking chin in all of MMA other than that he fought no one of name. I was actually supsried it took Fedor that long to finish him.

Sylvia and Arlovski were UFC champions. Rogers has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. They were only "bums" after Fedor crushed them because haters like you decreed it so.

Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything.

Here you go, tiger. Just a few sites with MMA P4P rankings. Guess whose on top? (Hint: It ain't Silva.)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27913708/
http://www.mmaringreport.com/mma-rankings/...rankings/2.html
http://www.profighting-fans.com/rankings/m...-for-pound.html
http://www.thetrianglechoke.com/TTC_Rankings.html
http://www.mmamadhouse.com/mma-rankings/

Sherdog and Yahoo Sports have not listed their rankings yet for this month, but I will update this list again when they do.

Later buddy.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 13 2009, 10:55 PM) *
We're not debating who the most marketable fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.) We're debating who the best fighter in the world is. (It ain't Anderson Silva.)

Fights like a true professional? Go back and watch the debacle that was Silva/Leitas. The man did much of nothing for 5 rounds, intentionally refusing to engage his opponent as a way to "protest" his desire for a pay increase from Dana White. Fucking ridiculous, and the last thing I'd expect from a "professional."

Fedor, on the other hand, is always humble, never insults his opponents, never refuses to fight or engage because "the money wasn't right," nor does he dance on the way to the ring, in the ring, or on the way out of the ring after the fight.

Fedor wasn't doing the fucking chicken dance, dude. See, I hate when you guys read about a fight on the internet somewhere and then start talking like you actually know what's up. Fedor was hurt, but not to any degree that prevented him from taking Fujita down and finishing him. The mark of a champion. And a hell of alot better than getting subbed by D fighters like Daiju Takase.

Sylvia and Arlovski were UFC champions. Rogers has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. They were only "bums" after Fedor crushed them because haters like you decreed it so.

Here you go, tiger. Just a few sites with MMA P4P rankings. Guess whose on top? (Hint: It ain't Silva.)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27913708/
http://www.mmaringreport.com/mma-rankings/...rankings/2.html
http://www.profighting-fans.com/rankings/m...-for-pound.html
http://www.thetrianglechoke.com/TTC_Rankings.html
http://www.mmamadhouse.com/mma-rankings/

Sherdog and Yahoo Sports have not listed their rankings yet for this month, but I will update this list again when they do.

Later buddy.

Silva is the best p4p nuff said there.

I never read about the Fedor/Fujita fight i actually have it on tape budddy and Fedor was f*Cking hurt big time and you know it so lets keep it real.

fedor/fujita

Check out 2:54 your right it wasn't a chicken dance it was more like fedors poor attempt at break dancing. Fedor was hurt my man lets not try and downplay it.

Now I love how you try to make Rogers seem like some kind of baddass c'mon man Rogers hand't done sh*t in MMA but score a KO over Arlovski any HW with a decent punch can stop Arlvovski if they touch that glass jaw of his.

Again your giving Fedor all the credit in the world for beating Rogers but complaine about how Anderson dominated Leitas (who is a much more accomplshed fighter than Rogers by the way)it's not his fault everytime he was ready to engage Leitas would drop to the floor on his own Leitas was scare shitless still Anderson wasn't even touched and won every rd easly.

You keep bringing up Silvas early losses but like i keep telling you what the f*ck does that mean now. I guess your in the minority that believe because Mayweather is undefeated he should be ranked #1 p4p instead of Pacqiuao who has two early losses on his record to D level comp.

Silva has done nothing but dominate the opposition since coming to the UFC Fedor was getting whooped for the first couple minute against Arlvoski and got his nose cut up against Rogers. Silva on the other hand doesn't even get touched.

Your not talking to some tuffy son. I've been watching this sport since UFC 12 Belforts debute it's gonna take a little more to pull a fast one over me.

And here are a some rankings for you

http://www.mmaplayground.com/top-10-mma-fighters.aspx

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/columns/story?id=4335429

http://squabbles.com/2009/06/top-ten-fight...pound-rankings/

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-top-10/Pou...or%20Pound.html

http://blog.mmaratings.net/2009/09/septemb...kings-song.html

And i can tell you right now that last months sherdogs rankings had Anderson at #1. I doubt Fedors win over Rogers was more impressive than Silvas win over Griffin so im pretty sure not much will change there.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 14 2009, 03:37 AM) *
Silva is the best p4p nuff said there.

No he isn't. Now it's "nuff said."

I never read about the Fedor/Fujita fight i actually have it on tape budddy and Fedor was f*Cking hurt big time and you know it so lets keep it real.

See my original post above, or a re-post of it here.

QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 13 2009, 10:55 PM) *
Fedor was hurt, but not to any degree that prevented him from taking Fujita down and finishing him.

In what part of that statement was I wrong?

Now I love how you try to make Rogers seem like some kind of baddass c'mon man Rogers hand't done sh*t in MMA but score a KO over Arlovski any HW with a decent punch can stop Arlvovski if they touch that glass jaw of his.

I never said Rogers was a bad ass. Find a statement to the contrary. I said he has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. And it don't matter what you say about Arlovski. He is a devastating puncher, a former UFC heavyweight champion, and was ranked in the top-10 when Fedor pounded him out. Ditto for Tim Sylvia, minus the one-punch KO power. As I said, these guys are bums to haters like you.

But don't forget one thing; they were champions in the same org you keep using to justify Anderson Silva's career.

Again your giving Fedor all the credit in the world for beating Rogers but complaine about how Anderson dominated Leitas (who is a much more accomplshed fighter than Rogers by the way)it's not his fault everytime he was ready to engage Leitas would drop to the floor on his own Leitas was scare shitless still Anderson wasn't even touched and won every rd easly.

Brother, I shit on Anderson's "professionalism" in that fight, since you seem so keen on portraying him as some kind of class-master. Carrying a fighter for 5 rounds, and refusing to engage him in some lame-ass protest against management is hardly the kind of conduct becoming a proclaimed "gentleman" of the sport.

You keep bringing up Silvas early losses but like i keep telling you what the f*ck does that mean now.

It means EVERYTHING when those losses weren't avenged. They weren't fluke losses either. They were flat-out ownages by sub-par fighters. I guarantee you if Lennox Lewis had not avenged his BRUTAL losses to crap fighters like Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman, he would not be held in the same esteem that he currently is.

Perhaps it is easy for you to dismiss such a stain on a fighter's career, but it isn't for me. Anderson Silva will never live those losses down, as far as I'm concerned, until he avenges them, or beats stiffer competition. (Not the fucking Nate Marquardts of the world either, who for some ungodly reason you suppose to be ELITE. That right there is about to make me quit a second debate with you, for all it's absurdity.)

I guess your in the minority that believe because Mayweather is undefeated he should be ranked #1 p4p instead of Pacqiuao who has two early losses on his record to D level comp.

I believe that Gayweather is the P4P #1 fighter in the world today because he has the superior skill-set, and would undoubtedly and soundly defeat Pacqiuao should the 2 ever meet. (Though you are right, his record is also a superior one.)

Silva has done nothing but dominate the opposition since coming to the UFC Fedor was getting whooped for the first couple minute against Arlvosk and got his nose cut up against Rogers. Silva on the other hand doesn't even get touched.

Fedor KO'd Arlovski, lest we forget. And you seriously wanna talk about his nose getting cut? Fedor bleeds on the way to the ring. The man has tissue paper for skin. So fucking what?

As for Silva never getting touched... oh really? Dan Henderson beat him up in the 1st round of their fight. Put him on the ground and WORKED him. And lest we forget...

Your not talking to some tuffy son.

That, I truly believe. Even the staunchest TUFfers have never claimed Nate Marquardt to be an elite fighter, no matter how big a Silva nuthugger they were.

Cool, you provided 5 links just like me. I guess that leaves us a far cry away from this little gem...

"Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything."

Who said that again?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 14 2009, 05:48 AM) *
No he isn't. Now it's "nuff said."

See my original post above, or a re-post of it here.

In what part of that statement was I wrong?

I never said Rogers was a bad ass. Find a statement to the contrary. I said he has some of the heaviest hands in the sport. And it don't matter what you say about Arlovski. He is a devastating puncher, a former UFC heavyweight champion, and was ranked in the top-10 when Fedor pounded him out. Ditto for Tim Sylvia, minus the one-punch KO power. As I said, these guys are bums to haters like you.

But don't forget one thing; they were champions in the same org you keep using to justify Anderson Silva's career.

Brother, I shit on Anderson's "professionalism" in that fight, since you seem so keen on portraying him as some kind of class-master. Carrying a fighter for 5 rounds, and refusing to engage him in some lame-ass protest against management is hardly the kind of conduct becoming a proclaimed "gentleman" of the sport.

It means EVERYTHING when those losses weren't avenged. They weren't fluke losses either. They were flat-out ownages by sub-par fighters. I guarantee you if Lennox Lewis had not avenged his BRUTAL losses to crap fighters like Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman, he would not be held in the same esteem that he currently is.

Perhaps it is easy for you to dismiss such a stain on a fighter's career, but it isn't for me. Anderson Silva will never live those losses down, as far as I'm concerned, until he avenges them, or beats stiffer competition. (Not the fucking Nate Marquardts of the world either, who for some ungodly reason you suppose to be ELITE. That right there is about to make me quit a second debate with you, for all it's absurdity.)

I believe that Gayweather is the P4P #1 fighter in the world today because he has the superior skill-set, and would undoubtedly and soundly defeat Pacqiuao should the 2 ever meet. (Though you are right, his record is also a superior one.)

Fedor KO'd Arlovski, lest we forget. And you seriously wanna talk about his nose getting cut? Fedor bleeds on the way to the ring. The man has tissue paper for skin. So fucking what?

As for Silva never getting touched... oh really? Dan Henderson beat him up in the 1st round of their fight. Put him on the ground and WORKED him. And lest we forget...

That, I truly believe. Even the staunchest TUFfers have never claimed Nate Marquardt to be an elite fighter, no matter how big a Silva nuthugger they were.

Cool, you provided 5 links just like me. I guess that leaves us a far cry away from this little gem...

"Most MMA rankings have Silva #1 so you can fool yourself all you want but it still won't change anything."

Who said that again?

Did you watch the Silva/Leitas fight it was Leitas who was preventing a fight not Silva by falling to the gorund everytime Silva got close to him.

Hendo never beat up on Silva he layed on top of him for about 4 mintues covering up his mouth with his hands there was no damaged done to Silva. Silva came back in the 2nd to choke Hendo out with ease.

Those earlier losses were straight up flukes. Silva would owned thsoe guys and if you think otherwise then theres really no point in debating this any further with you.

You must stop fooling yourself as much as you like Fedor you know Silva is the better fighter.

Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 14 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Did you watch the Silva/Leitas fight it was Leitas who was preventing a fight not Silva by falling to the gorund everytime Silva got close to him.

There are 2 ways to deal with a fighter like that. Anderson chose to do neither. (Watch Sakuraba/Belfort, or Sakuraba/Royler Gracie if you want to know the answer.)

Those earlier losses were straight up flukes. Silva would owned thsoe guys and if you think otherwise then theres really no point in debating this any further with you.

See, DUDE, they weren't flukes. That's where you are mother-fucking wrong, and that's how I know I'm dealing with a TUF noob here. You've never seen Silva/Takase. If you had, you'd KNOW that Anderson was never in that fucking fight. Not once. He got tooled from the word GO. OWNED. By a D fighter.

What you've done, my friend, is watched a few fights and suddenly you are an expert. You look on Sherdog's fight finder or a wiki page and see a loss and assume it MUST have been a fluke. It wasn't. It was a flat out OWNAGE. Period. End of story. An unavenged ownage to a D fighter.

You must stop fooling yourself as much as you like Fedor you know Silva is the better fighter.

Fedor has the better record, the better resume, a superior skill-set, and he'd MURDER Silva if they ever met in the ring. End of story.

Or, are you one of "those guys" who actually thinks "masters" like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva could actually move up and beat an MMA god like Fedor?

Yeah right. And Nate Marquardt is an elite fighter too, I bet, right? laugh.gif
basicjab
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 8 2009, 12:57 PM) *

MMA fighters have primitive boxing skills period. This guy and other MMA "strickers" gets KOed again and again because they don't move and come in straight like their retarded, stationary targets, what do they expect but get KTFO.

If boxers learned takedown defend they would eat the current MMA guys up for lunch.
Douchebag
QUOTE (basicjab @ Nov 14 2009, 11:16 PM) *
MMA fighters have primitive boxing skills period. This guy and other MMA "strickers" gets KOed again and again because they don't move and come in straight like their retarded, stationary targets, what do they expect but get KTFO.

If boxers learned takedown defend they would eat the current MMA guys up for lunch.

This is a reality. A lot of those guys do not respect boxing enough. Point blank.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 14 2009, 09:19 PM) *
There are 2 ways to deal with a fighter like that. Anderson chose to do neither. (Watch Sakuraba/Belfort, or Sakuraba/Royler Gracie if you want to know the answer.)

See, DUDE, they weren't flukes. That's where you are mother-fucking wrong, and that's how I know I'm dealing with a TUF noob here. You've never seen Silva/Takase. If you had, you'd KNOW that Anderson was never in that fucking fight. Not once. He got tooled from the word GO. OWNED. By a D fighter.

What you've done, my friend, is watched a few fights and suddenly you are an expert. You look on Sherdog's fight finder or a wiki page and see a loss and assume it MUST have been a fluke. It wasn't. It was a flat out OWNAGE. Period. End of story. An unavenged ownage to a D fighter.

Fedor has the better record, the better resume, a superior skill-set, and he'd MURDER Silva if they ever met in the ring. End of story.

Or, are you one of "those guys" who actually thinks "masters" like Lyoto Machida and Anderson Silva could actually move up and beat an MMA god like Fedor?

Yeah right. And Nate Marquardt is an elite fighter too, I bet, right? laugh.gif

Fedor has the better skill set? are you f*Cking kidding me have you seen that fat f*ck throw a f*cking punch.

Ok now i know you gotta be the biggest Fedor nuthugger around thats why theres no need to further discuss this with you.

Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 15 2009, 01:39 AM) *
Fedor has the better skill set? are you f*Cking kidding me have you seen that fat f*ck throw a f*cking punch.

Yeah, I have. And I've seen him KO whatever UFC trash has dared yet man up to him.

Ok now i know you gotta be the biggest Fedor nuthugger around thats why theres no need to further discuss this with you.

Fine with me. I could toss the same insult back to you, simply exchaning Fedeor's name with Silva's. But I won't. I gave up on an intelligent conversation around here the minute Nate Marquardt somehow became an ELITE fighter.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 15 2009, 01:50 AM) *
Yeah, I have. And I've seen him KO whatever UFC trash has dared yet man up to him.

Fine with me. I could toss the same insult back to you, simply exchaning Fedeor's name with Silva's. But I won't. I gave up on an intelligent conversation around here the minute Nate Marquardt somehow became an ELITE fighter.

rolleyes_anim.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 15 2009, 03:17 AM) *
rolleyes_anim.gif

My thoughts exactly.
AussieLad
Seriously, a boxer is going to need to have more than just take down defence to be successful in the octagon. Thigh kicks sapping your movement, defence, and power generation, defending against greco roman dirty boxing against the cage, defence against knee's and elbows in the clinch. I think a common mistake average viewers make is to watch guys like rampage jackson and lidell and use that as the basis for their argument. Sure, when you watch these two guys fight, they are predominantly just punching and defending the take down, but the fact is it is their other skillsets that allow them to do what they do. It is the fact that they can deal with the kicks, knees, elbows, cage grappling etc that allow them to fight how they choose. You take a boxer with just takedown defence and put them in their, 9 times out of ten they are going to have a real bad time
basicjab
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 16 2009, 03:46 AM) *
Seriously, a boxer is going to need to have more than just take down defence to be successful in the octagon. Thigh kicks sapping your movement, defence, and power generation, defending against greco roman dirty boxing against the cage, defence against knee's and elbows in the clinch. I think a common mistake average viewers make is to watch guys like rampage jackson and lidell and use that as the basis for their argument. Sure, when you watch these two guys fight, they are predominantly just punching and defending the take down, but the fact is it is their other skillsets that allow them to do what they do. It is the fact that they can deal with the kicks, knees, elbows, cage grappling etc that allow them to fight how they choose. You take a boxer with just takedown defence and put them in their, 9 times out of ten they are going to have a real bad time

Sure, you need to learn other things, but these can be learned and not as important as boxing. There are kicks, wrestling, and you have to know how to deal with these and it will take time for a boxer. But when it comes down to the most important and effective part of MMA, boxing is it, most MMA now a days is standup, the jab, hand speed, the movement, boxing skills is the most important part of MMA and very few MMA fighers can hold a candle in this area

But you are right, some things a boxer can not do because of the different rules of MMA, but once a boxer learns to adjust to MMA they will just take these guys apart. You take these MMA guys and give them as long as they need to learn boxing they will still get the ass kicked in a boxing match, it just takes much more to be a good boxer than to be a good MMA fighter. I can't stand Floyd Mayweather, but I do agree with him that boxing is at a higher level than MMA.
AussieLad
Rubbish, sorry

Just like any other skill, it takes a long time to become world class at anything. You saying that it is harder for an MMA fighter to become world class at boxing, yet somehow think becoming world class at BJJ, wrestling, Muay Tai is something that a boxer will pick up overnight? When a boxer has to learn about 3 or 4 extra tool kits to his game, when an MMA fighter converting to boxing just has to focus on the one

Look, i agree that few MMA fighters would transition to the elite of boxing, although there are a few who could. However, you havent given enough repsect to the other skillsets. Most boxers would struggle in MMA

What can i say. Boxing is so limited in the variety of tactics in comparison to what is available in MMA, its like comparing checkers to chess. There are so many more combinations of strategies and techniques in MMA

Give floyd a year to learn MMA, hey give him 2 or 3, he will still get his ass handed to him by your fabers and your mike browns. He will get violated brutally
basicjab
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 16 2009, 03:46 AM) *

Can you imagine Brock Lesner trying to do what he did in boxing what he did in MMA? It would end up as a joke, even in this sad heavyweight division Brock would get toyed with and KTFO out by any real contender. I would imagine the cruisers and lightheavies could do the same to Brock
basicjab
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 16 2009, 09:03 AM) *
Rubbish, sorry

Just like any other skill, it takes a long time to become world class at anything. You saying that it is harder for an MMA fighter to become world class at boxing, yet somehow think becoming world class at BJJ, wrestling, Muay Tai is something that a boxer will pick up overnight? When a boxer has to learn about 3 or 4 extra tool kits to his game, when an MMA fighter converting to boxing just has to focus on the one

Look, i agree that few MMA fighters would transition to the elite of boxing, although there are a few who could. However, you havent given enough repsect to the other skillsets. Most boxers would struggle in MMA

What can i say. Boxing is so limited in the variety of tactics in comparison to what is available in MMA, its like comparing checkers to chess. There are so many more combinations of strategies and techniques in MMA

Give floyd a year to learn MMA, hey give him 2 or 3, he will still get his ass handed to him by your fabers and your mike browns. He will get violated brutally

I have actually done a bit of both and have to agree with you I like the dynamics of MMA better than boxing, however the level is totally different, MMA is still quite young. I have to disagree withyou, give floyd a year and he will make faber and brown look like absolute fools, the talent level is in another stratosphere.
basicjab

MMA is much more fun, I especially like the addition of kicks, knees, elbows, and smaller gloves smile.gif

I think MMA is destined to outshine boxing, however, at the moment, if one had to start from scratch and he would have a MUCH higher chance of success in MMA than in boxing, simply put there are just more competitiion and hungier people
AussieLad
But it only takes a few months to learn muay tai, JJ, greco, wrestling, take down offence and defence to become elite at MMA. Surely he could learn boxing in a week...

In fact call Vitali now, if i start training immediately i'll be ready for him by the end of the month

LOL
AussieLad
QUOTE (basicjab @ Nov 16 2009, 08:13 AM) *
I have actually done a bit of both and have to agree with you I like the dynamics of MMA better than boxing, however the level is totally different, MMA is still quite young. I have to disagree withyou, give floyd a year and he will make faber and brown look like absolute fools, the talent level is in another stratosphere.

Floyd is not a power puncher, so his chances at knocking someone out before he gets taken down and gutted like a fish, almost non existent. His vaunted shouder roll defence... lol... in MMA he eats a knee to the face, or he leaves himself open to get raped in the clinch.

Its utterly implausible to think that a years training will prepare him for world champions in their respective fields. A years training to match it with a world champion JJ artist, or all american wrestlers... people who have spent decades perfecting their craft. Once these guys take you down, all the boxing skill in the world means absolutely zero. Its so fucking stupid its mind boggling

Seriously, i feel sorry for the people that actually think like this. I'm exiting this discussion with you now, its utterly ridiculous no2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.