Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye vs Klitschko
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Who would like to speculate on the betting odds if a Have vs either Klitschko fight were made today?
salvador
If the Valuev fight taught us nothing else it's that Haye has no business getting in the ring with either Klit. I would have to guess that the odds would be at least +300 for a Haye victory.

I assume Haye will fight Ruiz next and then probably another smaller guy and maybe even a Holyfield/Tyson type of circus event before seeing either Klit in late 2012 (if ever).
Maxy
After Haye messed them about, both Klits have said they won't give him another chance....but I think that's all just talk. Haye has to fight Ruiz next and if he gets through that, which I think he should, the ball will start rolling for a fight with the Klits. It's the only money fight even of them have.

Against Wladimir I feel Haye is a live underdog. He has a punchers chance, no doubt about it. I'd say it would be 70/30 in Wlads favour. Vitali is a different animal altogether though. I couldn't see Haye beating him at all.
moscow bear
I dont think Haye did anything to alter the previous odds when the fight was supposed to happen. I can look them up, I have an archive with many odds.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 9 2009, 08:52 AM) *
After Haye messed them about, both Klits have said they won't give him another chance....but I think that's all just talk. Haye has to fight Ruiz next and if he gets through that, which I think he should, the ball will start rolling for a fight with the Klits. It's the only money fight even of them have.

Against Wladimir I feel Haye is a live underdog. He has a punchers chance, no doubt about it. I'd say it would be 70/30 in Wlads favour. Vitali is a different animal altogether though. I couldn't see Haye beating him at all.

I understand Valuev Haye had very good ratings over in Europe.

If that's indeed the case, and given Haye's exciting style of figting, I fully expect to see Haye's next fight on HBO - even if it's against John "Huggy Bear" Ruiz.

If Haye can string together a couple of KO's on HBO - where else are the Klits gonna go to make the big money? There is more recycled garbage in the HW division than you would find in a landfill.

Name one HW other than Haye you'd rather see the Klits fight?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (moscow bear @ Nov 9 2009, 12:52 PM) *
I dont think Haye did anything to alter the previous odds when the fight was supposed to happen. I can look them up, I have an archive with many odds.

Please.

I'd be interested in seeing them...
Maxy
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 9 2009, 03:23 PM) *
I understand Valuev Haye had very good ratings over in Europe.

If that's indeed the case, and given Haye's exciting style of figting, I fully expect to see Haye's next fight on HBO - even if it's against John "Huggy Bear" Ruiz.

If Haye can string together a couple of KO's on HBO - where else are the Klits gonna go to make the big money? There is more recycled garbage in the HW division than you would find in a landfill.

Name one HW other than Haye you'd rather see the Klits fight?

Haven't seen the figures yet but reports are that it did really well.

There isn't a single heavyweight alive who I'd want to see the Klits fight rather than Haye. They are the only fights that spark any interest in an otherwise lame division.
BGv2.0
I know that I am in the overwhelming minority...but I think Haye has the ability to win or at the very least make decent fights with either of the Klits.

People can say all they want in regard to Valuev....fighting that giant gives a fighter a HUGE level of compitence in relation to the issue of height.

I have said for quite awhile, ANY fighter that fought all three of these big behemoths would have done well to have pre-fights with the likes of Ty Fields and McBride...not that they would help them skill wise but just to get an idea of the range you need on one of them.

Haye has now done that with Valuev.

He will not be shell shocked when in with 6'6 guys as many of their prior opponents have been.

I give Haye a chance with either based on his his power and skill with Wlad and his speed and skill with Vitali.

Although I have not yet seen the fight....NOBODY has ever rocked or wobbled Valuev....not that I know of...so to do so....speaks of Haye's level of power and ability.....that's a tall target on a tree trunk neck...I myself have never faulted any fighter for not being able to hurt Valuev because of those instances.

I would love to see Haye in with either of these guys....and unlike most....I give him a chance with either.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:41 PM) *
I know that I am in the overwhelming minority...but I think Haye has the ability to win or at the very least make decent fights with either of the Klits.

People can say all they want in regard to Valuev....fighting that giant gives a fighter a HUGE level of compitence in relation to the issue of height.

I have said for quite awhile, ANY fighter that fought all three of these big behemoths would have done well to have pre-fights with the likes of Ty Fields and McBride...not that they would help them skill wise but just to get an idea of the range you need on one of them.

Haye has now done that with Valuev.

He will not be shell shocked when in with 6'6 guys as many of their prior opponents have been.

I give Haye a chance with either based on his his power and skill with Wlad and his speed and skill with Vitali.

Although I have not yet seen the fight....NOBODY has ever rocked or wobbled Valuev....not that I know of...so to do so....speaks of Haye's level of power and ability.....that's a tall target on a tree trunk neck...I myself have never faulted any fighter for not being able to hurt Valuev because of those instances.

I would love to see Haye in with either of these guys....and unlike most....I give him a chance with either.

Agreed.

IMO, it would be smart for the Klitschko sisters to go aftyer Haye NOW before he has the chance to grow into the division.

Once he's got a few more Ws under his belt @ HW, and looks good doing it, I think he'll have an excellent chance at upsetting the Klitschko apple cart - in the ring and @ the negotiating table.
JLUVBABY
i dont see haye beating either of them... the more entertaining fight would be wlad. maybe he could connect but vitali is another monster all together.. he can cut but takes a monster shot and hits damn hard.. and his jab is a pole axe... haye would get slowly beat down... ko 8 for vitali... k.o 5 or 6 for wlad in a slugfest where both are stunned before the finish...
moscow bear
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 9 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Please.

I'd be interested in seeing them...

Sat 9/12/2009 12:00 AM Heavyweight Vitali Klitschko (UKR) - David Haye (ENG) (WBC Title) 1.16 34.00 4.75
Sat 6/20/2009 9:00 PM Heavyweight Wladimir Klitschko (UKR) - David Haye (ENG) (IBF/WBO/IBO Title) 1.35 26.00 3.10
mrwigi
i see haye defeating glass jawed wlad, but im not sure about Vit..

on another note, could you imagine if haye had a trainer like Naz. it would be interesting to see the game plan he develops for the klit bros...
JonnyBlaze
Either Klitchko would whoop Haye badly..
ielite
>>>Either Klitchko would whoop Haye badly..

I Agree. However, I think Vitali will fight Hayes first. He is already calling him out and saying he is going to knock him out. I don't think he even wants Hayes going near his brothers opportunity of clinching all the belts for the unified HW title of the world. I say Vitali fights Hayes first, knocks him out, and then retires like he says he is going to.

Hayes out of the picture, the WBA puts #1 and #2 contenders together and they duke it out so vlad can step in and take it from the winner.

Same scenario happening with the WBC. Vitali retires, the WBC puts #1 and #2 contenders together and they duke it out so vlad can step in and take it from the winner.

Late 2012 Vlad has all the belts with his help of his brother.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.