Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you're gonna fight journey, fight frequently
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
I saw Zab Judah won his return after a nearly of year of inactivity over the weekend along with Casamayor. Good for them. Terrible for Vargas who actually put this crap card together for PPV. If they got a 1000 buys I'd be surprised.

I didnt' bother looking up the guy Casa fought but Judah fought a dude who earned his 20th lose against Zab. Apparently he wasn't the ORIGINAL opponent and thats fine, schit happens.

My issue with these types of fight is if fighters are going to take these types of fights, atleast do it frequently similar to how most boxers when they start their careers. Fight 5 to 6 times a year. That way atleat you're staying active/in shape and your timing is improved. I'm sure knowing Zab now he thinks he's ready for a talent shot where he will yet again under perform.
JD
Apparently Zab is in the process of getting back to 140.

I agree, the dude needs to be real active...and active against guys that can at least give him some rounds. I would be interested in seeing Judah in with a guy like Ngoudjo next.
KookedKrack
I'm a Zab fan but its over for him, he is the type of guy that no matter what gets placed in front of him he'll fuck it up.
EpTXCHAMP
I couldnt agree more but according to zab things happened with opponents backing out so cant blame him....I wish that fight wouldve gone at least 4-6 rds to get zab some work but didnt.

I still think zab can beat the urango's paulies, and maybe maybe devon just because he's still a lil raw
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 9 2009, 01:40 PM) *
I couldnt agree more but according to zab things happened with opponents backing out so cant blame him....I wish that fight wouldve gone at least 4-6 rds to get zab some work but didnt.

I still think zab can beat the urango's paulies, and maybe maybe devon just because he's still a lil raw

Zab got crushed by Clottey, and he barely beat that no-namer recently. Devon just whipped up on a pretty good seasoned Witter. Devon is going to be extremely tough to beat, and I just do not see Zab being the man to do it. He could probably beat Malignaggi and Urango though.
MarzB
To add on the "stay busy" "tune up" fights point, what about exhibitions? these could be put on the regular tube.

Back tot Zab, I honestly don't think he could beat even Malignaggi because he's proven time and time again he's one undisciplined SOB. He'll be look to try and knock out Paulie while Paulie just scores and moves.

Zab doesn't need a trainer he needs a shrink.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 9 2009, 05:08 PM) *
To add on the "stay busy" "tune up" fights point, what about exhibitions? these could be put on the regular tube.

Back tot Zab, I honestly don't think he could beat even Malignaggi because he's proven time and time again he's one undisciplined SOB. He'll be look to try and knock out Paulie while Paulie just scores and moves.

Zab doesn't need a trainer he needs a shrink.

exhibitions wont make money thats y u hardly see those.

I spoke to zab after the fight and looks like he wants urango according to him he is gonna be number one contender for the IBF strap that Urango holds so I see him doin some things.

I like devon but not sold YET, he beat a washed up witter and corley two guys who zab already beat while they were in their primes. Compared to Devon who beat them well past their primes

I think it would be a helluva match though thumbsup_anim.gif
D-MARV
I actually think Malignaggi-Judah would do O.K in New York.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 9 2009, 06:03 PM) *
I actually think Malignaggi-Judah would do O.K in New York.

thats actually a good fight to be made i.m.o... the winner would def. be in line for a title shot and they both would be threats to any of the champs... cant say i would favor either but def. threats in the fights with any of the champs... one things for sure judah hits hard for the weight and paulie when motivated is a silky smooth boxer... the fights makes so much sense it wont get made actually... paulie needs to get by diaz first tho.. im sure baby bulls coming in more prepared this time so that will be good as well...
provo
Zab could be good but he has no heart ,just a waste of talent,he needs to get a trainer who will take control of him and put up with his shit and stop trying to be in RAP videos LOL,

How about Hatton vs Judah at 140 ?
their both shot fighters trying to comeback!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (provo @ Nov 9 2009, 08:15 PM) *
Zab could be good but he has no heart ,just a waste of talent,he needs to get a trainer who will take control of him and put up with his shit and stop trying to be in RAP videos LOL,

How about Hatton vs Judah at 140 ?
their both shot fighters trying to comeback!

lol i think zab goes after urango next to get the strap...maybe marquez for a comeback fight at 140
JLUVBABY
No way vargas can get into good enough shape to fight a solid 10 or 12 rounds... his gut is solid.... i dont think that fight takes place.. if it does i have to favor camacho jr...
Lil-lightsout
Damn what happened to Vargas? Him and Toney must have been going to the same buffets. Vargas better start training again, cause I would hate to see his bloodwork right now.
sweetchuck
Exhibitions that aren't sparring sessions sometimes take just as much with the commission as actual fights. The reason why these guys don't fight as much is because the journeymen want too much money to fight someone like Judah or Cassamayor. Hell, a lot of times when it's a young prospect they start pricing themselves pretty high. I'm not sure of figures, but lets say Judah fought then times this year, he's probably making around $50k a fight. So that is $250K for five fights that year, but knowing how someone like Judah would be, the price probably would go up per win. And that's just Judah. The journeyman fighter probably wants between $10k and $20k, that's around $50k to $100k additionally a year. So put that $375k a year just for Judah to fight journeymen. While it is possible to break even in the venture, Judah is worth what he's worth in a marquee match, the best way to get him going is a couple journeymen fights and then a fight against the people you mentioned, Paulie, Devon or Urango.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.