Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday's PPV Undercard Fights
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Lil-lightsout
Daniel Santos vs. Yuri Foreman
J.S. Karass vs. Alfonzo Gomez
JC Chavez vs. Troy Rowland

I definately expected this, but it still pisses me off. $60 basically to watch one fight I really want to see. Luckily I have a bunch of people coming to split up costs, but it would suck if I did not. I just wish they could atleast show another high profile type of fight. Anyone else think this card could be much better, or is it satisfactory? Freaking Pac-Cotto better be one amazing fight. I get so sick of paying for these damn lackluster PPV events. Sucks being a diehard fan sometimes.
Jack 1000
I am hoping for Santos to beat Foreman. I want Santos to win this world title fight. I think Foreman, from what I have seen of him, is boring and over-rated. Remember, Santos was the unexpected nightmare for Margarito in their second fight. When Santos shows up to win, he is good. Very good! But what hurts Santos always seems to be cuts and age. He's got to make a move, now!

Karass vs. Gomez looks competitive.

I assume Chavez is fighting a nobody?

Jack

PS. Agree with Lightsout that this undercard is really a current version of an HBO B.A.D show (at best.) Once again, subscribers to the fight are asked to pay $60 putting everything into the main event. This is why I don't buy PPV anymore. The risk is too great, and I cannot aford to be ripped off.
JLUVBABY
i know this is throwing it out there a little but 1 or 2 of those just might turn out to be competitive... never know..
Lil-lightsout
Fitz- Agree 100%. Fights like that would be nice.

Jack- Foreman is def overrated and boring to me to. Santos has been around a long time. I think the guy Chavez is fighting is like 40 years old or something. Not sure though.

Jluv- Well that would make things a little better. I just wish they had another high caliber fight or match-ups kind of like Fitz said. I mean how greedy to these promoters have to be? Us fans support these PPV events, they could atleast give us better quality.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 10 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Fitz- Agree 100%. Fights like that would be nice.

Jack- Foreman is def overrated and boring to me to. Santos has been around a long time. I think the guy Chavez is fighting is like 40 years old or something. Not sure though.

Jluv- Well that would make things a little better. I just wish they had another high caliber fight or match-ups kind of like Fitz said. I mean how greedy to these promoters have to be? Us fans support these PPV events, they could atleast give us better quality.

i agree with you lightsout... i wish the caliber of under card fights where better myself... im just rollin with the punches baby... im very interested in seeing what this fight does compared to mayweather marquez... its a more intriguing fight but i get the feeling it may not do quite as good... a funny feeling i have... one things for sure the may marquez fight had a descent undercard and i think that made a diffrence in the buys...

daniel santos yuri foreman is not a bad fight tho in my opinion...
leonthegee
sounds wack to me but ill still order it probably.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 10 2009, 07:43 PM) *
i agree with you lightsout... i wish the caliber of under card fights where better myself... im just rollin with the punches baby... im very interested in seeing what this fight does compared to mayweather marquez... its a more intriguing fight but i get the feeling it may not do quite as good... a funny feeling i have... one things for sure the may marquez fight had a descent undercard and i think that made a diffrence in the buys...

daniel santos yuri foreman is not a bad fight tho in my opinion...

I also have a feeling it won't do as good as Mayweather-Marquez, that's a shame too. One thing I can guarantee you though, it will be a much better fight than the PBF-JMM mismatch of the year. laugh.gif

I don't know about Foreman-Santos, has snoozefest written all over it, but I hope I'm wrong.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 10 2009, 06:49 PM) *
sounds wack to me but ill still order it probably.

yes i wish they gave us better fights to lead up but it is what it is...arum knows what hes doing... hes part of the reason boxing is in the shape its in.. he figures the fight is hot enough by itself to offer up less tha steller figths to support it... and thats what hes serving up so he can pay the main eventers more money etc... etc.... thats why im interested to see just what this fight does....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 10 2009, 07:00 PM) *
I also have a feeling it won't do as good as Mayweather-Marquez, that's a shame too. One thing I can guarantee you though, it will be a much better fight than the PBF-JMM mismatch of the year. laugh.gif

I don't know about Foreman-Santos, has snoozefest written all over it, but I hope I'm wrong.

lets face it no matter how long the fight last or who wins this is a better fight than marq may... i think if the fights doesnt do as good it will be because of the undercard fights... i just believe thats why people bought that fight and it out sold ufc... the fights on the undercard where solid... i've bought fights in the past solely because there was a fight on the undercard that i knew i wouldnt be able to see otherwise... well i still would have bought the fights but to me the under card fight was the main event... so to speak... marq may was stacked for the most part and ufc wasnt... ufc usually does very strong numbers... ufc has proven that if you stack the cards people will buy and marq may showed the same applies to boxing in my opinion... people want to see good fights... period...
Big Slim Sweet
This undercard is hot garbage. Remember when they were teasing us with Valero-Soto as a possibility? Right.

Fitz good call Clottey-Quintana should have been added to this when Pavlik fell out. It's only a three week time difference I bet both guys would have opted to keep their purses and move the fight up rather than scrap it all together.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Nov 10 2009, 09:08 PM) *
This undercard is hot garbage. Remember when they were teasing us with Valero-Soto as a possibility? Right.

Fitz good call Clottey-Quintana should have been added to this when Pavlik fell out. It's only a three week time difference I bet both guys would have opted to keep their purses and move the fight up rather than scrap it all together.

dont get me wrong clot vs quin would be a huge upgrade over these fights, however am I the only one wondering what this fight does for either of them???

Neither is a name or draw...clottey is coming off a loss and quintana has been blasted every time he has stepped up in class lol he's the puerto rican judah lol just a thought....

I do think from a business stand point getting chavez jr some exposure on this card will help him alot
Snoop
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 11 2009, 06:05 AM) *
dont get me wrong clot vs quin would be a huge upgrade over these fights, however am I the only one wondering what this fight does for either of them???

Neither is a name or draw...clottey is coming off a loss and quintana has been blasted every time he has stepped up in class lol he's the puerto rican judah lol just a thought....

I do think from a business stand point getting chavez jr some exposure on this card will help him alot

JC Chavez Jr has been on damn near every HBO PPV undercard before he started headlining his own. He needs to headline his own HBO B.A.D or something. These constant PPV undercard appearances are almost type-casting him, if that's even possible in boxing.
dominicbuilder9k1
[quote name='Lil-lightsout' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:54 PM' post='458602']
Daniel Santos vs. Yuri Foreman
J.S. Karass vs. Alfonzo Gomez
JC Chavez vs. Troy Rowland

I definately expected this, but it still pisses me off. $60 basically to watch one fight I really want to see. Luckily I have a bunch of people coming to split up costs, but it would suck if I did not. I just wish they could atleast show another high profile type of fight. Anyone else think this card could be much better, or is it satisfactory? Freaking Pac-Cotto better be one amazing fight. I get so sick of paying for these damn lackluster PPV events. Sucks being a diehard fan sometimes.

Hahahaha....lol... I get ur point...but u r still lucky...u have PPV in ur country....
MarzB
I hope Santos looks good so he can set up a third fight with that cheater and finish him for good!
thisneverworks
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 10 2009, 07:12 PM) *
I mean how greedy to these promoters have to be? Us fans support these PPV events, they could atleast give us better quality.

I was under the impression that PPV undercards are for the most part horrible because the promoters can't afford to pay for good fighters on the undercard since the headliners demand so much money. This looks to be another unfortunate result of Mike Tyson's popularity (the other being the idea of a $60 PPV) when it did not matter who was on the undercard because everybody just wanted to see Tyson.
MarzB
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Nov 11 2009, 01:09 PM) *
I was under the impression that PPV undercards are for the most part horrible because the promoters can't afford to pay for good fighters on the undercard since the headliners demand so much money. This looks to be another unfortunate result of Mike Tyson's popularity (the other being the idea of a $60 PPV) when it did not matter who was on the undercard because everybody just wanted to see Tyson.

Good observation. If I'm not mistaken Pacquiao ironically was on Lewis vs. Tyson. I"ll check to make sure. Of course no one knew of him but just saying what he later evolved to doing.

My biggest problem is that these promoters are strictly focusing on the steak while giving you crappy salad and appetizers
thisneverworks
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 11 2009, 12:15 PM) *
Good observation. If I'm not mistaken Pacquiao ironically was on Lewis vs. Tyson. I"ll check to make sure. Of course no one knew of him but just saying what he later evolved to doing.

My biggest problem is that these promoters are strictly focusing on the steak while giving you crappy salad and appetizers

Sure was...

http://www.boxrec.com/date_search.php?yyyy...mm=06&dd=08
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 11 2009, 01:55 AM) *
JC Chavez Jr has been on damn near every HBO PPV undercard before he started headlining his own. He needs to headline his own HBO B.A.D or something. These constant PPV undercard appearances are almost type-casting him, if that's even possible in boxing.

I must have missed those Im sorry...I just dont recall seeing him on an under card of this magnitude?
kidbazooka1
Don King use to have some badd ass cards back in the early 90's.

Chavez, Trinidad, Norris, Carbajal, Nelson all in one card thats sh*t will never happen nowadays.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 11 2009, 01:23 PM) *

Chavez, Trinidad, Norris, Carbajal, Nelson all in one card thats sh*t will never happen nowadays.

love him or hate him King is the greatest promoter ever... he's a snake but we might never see the again the type of cards he served up while tyson was in jail... even the tyson ruddock cards where very solid...
JonnyBlaze
The Santos fight could be good..I like Santos..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 11 2009, 02:23 PM) *

The good ole days of PPV boxing, there were some nice ones for sure. What the fuck happened??? dntknw.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 11 2009, 07:22 PM) *
The good ole days of PPV boxing, there were some nice ones for sure. What the fuck happened??? dntknw.gif

promoters figured they could serve us up superfights with a nothing undercard and we would pay for them which for a long time was true till we started losing good fans... thing is most supposed superfights dont wind up being fights as advertised... most have wound up duds... superfights in my mind these days equal big money fights and they are a diffrence... leonard hearns was a superfight.. fights like hoya may etc are money fights...
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 11 2009, 11:41 PM) *
promoters figured they could serve us up superfights with a nothing undercard and we would pay for them which for a long time was true till we started losing good fans... thing is most supposed superfights dont wind up being fights as advertised... most have wound up duds... superfights in my mind these days equal big money fights and they are a diffrence... leonard hearns was a superfight.. fights like hoya may etc are money fights...

they cost boxing true fans and even the casual ones. I cant count the number of mega fights where my MMA" friends tune in to give boxing a shot and leave disappointed...may vs marq was the most recent...may vs dlh was a dud to imo...and may vs baldomir..even dlh vs pac was because that fight was not competitive what so ever. the damn 24/7 where more exciting than the fights

money fights are killing boxing
mexi-cutioner
To be honest, even if they were to throw Clottey vs Quintana fight on this undercard, it wouldn't do much for the casual fans. Clottey and Quintana are names only real fight fans can relate to,others could care less. Atleast by throwing a fighter like Valero into the card, the promoters could hype up his 25-0 25 KO record with 19 1st round KOs plus recognizing him as a potential Pacman opponent..that would get ANY TYPE OF FAN scintillating with curiosity and excitement...

PS: Anyone know what the co-feature main event is going to be? Is it going to be Santos vs Foreman or JCC Jr. vs whats his face...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 12 2009, 06:22 AM) *
PS: Anyone know what the co-feature main event is going to be? Is it going to be Santos vs Foreman or JCC Jr. vs whats his face...

Santos-Foreman is fight right before the main event.. Please don't call it a co-feature, it does not even deserve to be in the same sentence with the main event.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 12 2009, 03:34 AM) *
Santos-Foreman is fight right before the main event.. Please don't call it a co-feature, it does not even deserve to be in the same sentence with the main event.

Lol fair enough. Hopefully Santos gets him outta there early, but this guy fights like once every blue moon so....
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 12 2009, 06:45 AM) *
Lol fair enough. Hopefully Santos gets him outta there early, but this guy fights like once every blue moon so....

An early KO would be nice, but I would settle for an exciting competative scrap. But I am pretty sure neither will happen,lol.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (MarzB @ Nov 11 2009, 12:15 PM) *

Sure was. I remember watching that PPV with a bunch of non fans. They wanted to play video games until the main event but I talked them into watching the undercard (Casamayor fought too I think). Anyway during the Pacquaio fight this chick walks into the room and looks at the TV and goes "Oh. When does the real fight start?" And I wanted to turn to her and be like, "Bitch the super bantamweight champion of the world is not a real fighter to you?" But it was her house, and her husband was sitting next to me, so I didn't.
iron_mike
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 10 2009, 06:12 PM) *
I am hoping for Santos to beat Foreman. I want Santos to win this world title fight. I think Foreman, from what I have seen of him, is boring and over-rated. Remember, Santos was the unexpected nightmare for Margarito in their second fight. When Santos shows up to win, he is good. Very good! But what hurts Santos always seems to be cuts and age. He's got to make a move, now!

Karass vs. Gomez looks competitive.

I assume Chavez is fighting a nobody?

Jack

PS. Agree with Lightsout that this undercard is really a current version of an HBO B.A.D show (at best.) Once again, subscribers to the fight are asked to pay $60 putting everything into the main event. This is why I don't buy PPV anymore. The risk is too great, and I cannot aford to be ripped off.

JCC Jr fighting a nobody????Where did u get that crazy assumption???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.