Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chad Dawson accused of using counterfeit cash?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Just wondering. I've only seen this reported on ONE site, and a google search of "Chad Dawson Best Buy Counterfeit" only brings up one site with a story on it.

Kinda odd that this would only be reported by one place. lol. You'd think this would be a bigger story, even if it is bullshit. Meaning that it would show up on other sites, if only to say "in weird as fuck news today....Chad Dawson accused of passing counterfeit cash while at Best Buy" or something. lol
light heavyweight king "Bad" Chad Dawson, while shopping at Best Buy, encountered a ridiculous incident this evening. Dawson, as we understand it, spent $8000.00 or so at a local Best Buy, which our source informed us was fully employed by caucasians, accused Chad of attempting to purhcase approximately half of his purchase with counterfeit bills. Dawson, a mult-millionaire, will likely and rightfully, walk away from this sad commentary unscathed.

BTW: what the hell's up with that bolded section? lol. That was relevant? I mean it's obvious what dude was trying to say, just thought it came out of left field.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I saw that. I have no idea to the validity of it, but it was an interesting 2 second read. There's really no need though to bring up that the store was employed by all white people. However, it's just an observation and may not even hold any meaning in the story. Sadly, if a black dude goes in a retail store and purchases thousands of dollars worth of stuff, he's going to get profiled. However, since you said it's only being reported by one site, who knows if it's even true. I'd like to hear Bad Chad's side of the issue personally.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 11 2009, 07:11 PM) *
Yea I saw that. I have no idea to the validity of it, but it was an interesting 2 second read. There's really no need though to bring up that the store was employed by all white people. However, it's just an observation and may not even hold any meaning in the story. Sadly, if a black dude goes in a retail store and purchases thousands of dollars worth of stuff, he's going to get profiled. However, since you said it's only being reported by one site, who knows if it's even true. I'd like to hear Bad Chad's side of the issue personally.

Yeah. I mean it was obvious that the intent in playing the "employed completely by caucasians" was to infer that there was some racial aspect to this. Is there REALLY a Best Buy in the country that has 100% white people employed? hmmm.... that sounds fishy all by itself. lol

I'd like to find out that this is just bullshit, because that's not a good look.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Nov 11 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Yeah. I mean it was obvious that the intent in playing the "employed completely by caucasians" was to infer that there was some racial aspect to this. Is there REALLY a Best Buy in the country that has 100% white people employed? hmmm.... that sounds fishy all by itself. lol

I'd like to find out that this is just bullshit, because that's not a good look.

very possible byrdman... ive been to two walmarts in kentucky that are 100% white employed...lol... then again both towns are all white...lol... we where laughing about it today at work... there where two black guys me and another co-worker and 1 mexican and they looked at us like they had never seen a black or a mexican live and in the flesh before...lol... it was a very weird feeling... no way i could live in a city or town and just look at all one kind of person.. that would drive me crazy...
JLUVBABY
speaking of bad chad who do you guys think is next up for him?... hes a man with options and i like the fact he said he was ready to fight some new faces... personally i think him and cloud is a good fight to be made... i know some wont agree but cloud is young and fresh and i like his style... i think if he doesnt win he at least troubles dawson on more than 1 occasion in the fight...
King Eugene
Cloud takes too many punches. He'll end up getting stopped by one of Dawson's flurries after tiring himself out with some of his wasted punches but damn it would be interesting to see. Cloud comes to fight and you gotta love that about him. He's like the LHW version of James Kirkland.
JonnyBlaze
I don't think Chad had counterfeit money and if he even did,I doubt he knew about it..Chad is a legit guy and isn't going to mess around knowingly with fake bills..After hearing more about him the day of his fight about how much a family man he is and he doesn't go out to bars and isn't engaged in that scene,I really don't see him with counterfeit money..He knows better than to mess with that shit..If he does mess with it,he better know he might be taken away from what he loves most,his family..

I'm with you JLuv,I wouldn't be able to look at all one kind of person all my life..I've always been mixed with other groups of people and have always had friends in every group too..
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Nov 12 2009, 08:18 AM) *
I don't think Chad had counterfeit money and if he even did,I doubt he knew about it..Chad is a legit guy and isn't going to mess around knowingly with fake bills..After hearing more about him the day of his fight about how much a family man he is and he doesn't go out to bars and isn't engaged in that scene,I really don't see him with counterfeit money..He knows better than to mess with that shit..If he does mess with it,he better know he might be taken away from what he loves most,his family..

I'm with you JLuv,I wouldn't be able to look at all one kind of person all my life..I've always been mixed with other groups of people and have always had friends in every group too..

Even if he was in that scene, since when do drug dealers, bar owners, whatever scene you were talking about, use counterfeit bills? (unless you were talking about the counterfeitting scene but black males aren't usually profiled for that). What probably happened is that he went into a predominately white area (probably not 100% white, that's a hard claim to make. They probably have some stock boys of color in the back room), pulled out $8000.00 in cash, and being a relatively young black male with a hip style, the employees probably profiled him as doing something illicit to earn the money, but just thought, "Let's just say it's fake so we don't look racist".
sweetchuck
The Best Buy around where I live has been accused of detaining Mexicans and Black people for stealing and using couterfeit money when they had no proof of the incidents and no charges were ever filed, I would not be surprised if it is going on in other parts of the country. I personally will not shop at Best Buy because of it. Perhaps them screwing up with someone like Chad Dawson who is a celebrity of sorts will wake people up to this.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 12 2009, 03:30 PM) *
That piece that's was posted is unprofessional and sounds amateur. I don't buy into it.

Agreed, which is why I was wondering about it. I haven't seen it posted anywhere else (although I haven't looked today) so it was kinda suspect. But others in here have pointed out that Best Buys have acted that way before, so....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 12 2009, 10:00 AM) *
Even if he was in that scene, since when do drug dealers, bar owners, whatever scene you were talking about, use counterfeit bills? (unless you were talking about the counterfeitting scene but black males aren't usually profiled for that). What probably happened is that he went into a predominately white area (probably not 100% white, that's a hard claim to make. They probably have some stock boys of color in the back room), pulled out $8000.00 in cash, and being a relatively young black male with a hip style, the employees probably profiled him as doing something illicit to earn the money, but just thought, "Let's just say it's fake so we don't look racist".

Whatever scene I was talking about??Well I guess you've never been around dealers or anyone from "that scene"..I knew dudes who were doing that shit..They'd buy a lot of shit with the fake money..Drugs,stuff at stores,buy stuff from other people so the bills do get mixed around with real ones..The stores would then be giving the money out to other people who had no idea the bills were fake..
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Nov 14 2009, 08:06 AM) *
Whatever scene I was talking about??Well I guess you've never been around dealers or anyone from "that scene"..I knew dudes who were doing that shit..They'd buy a lot of shit with the fake money..Drugs,stuff at stores,buy stuff from other people so the bills do get mixed around with real ones..The stores would then be giving the money out to other people who had no idea the bills were fake..

Well you must hang out with some low-budget drug dealers if they still have to resort to using fake bills even after they sell drugs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.