Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would you bet on Matthew Hatton?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Snoop
So I don't really know anything about Matthew Hatton except for the fact that's he's Ricky's brother. This Saturday he's fighting Lovemore N'Dou for some IBO trinket and the betting odds are pretty damn good for Hatton. I've N'Dou many times before, and I'm guessing he's levels above Hatton skillwise, but the only thing I'm banking on is that the fight is in the UK and that they'll screw N'Dou out of a victory. Then again, Hatton has lost in the UK before, but I'm just thinking because it's a "title" fight and Ricky Hatton has gained so much popularity in the recent years, I just can't see them NOT screwing N'Dou out of a victory. Thoughts?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 12 2009, 01:49 AM) *
So I don't really know anything about Matthew Hatton except for the fact that's he's Ricky's brother. This Saturday he's fighting Lovemore N'Dou for some IBO trinket and the betting odds are pretty damn good for Hatton. I've N'Dou many times before, and I'm guessing he's levels above Hatton skillwise, but the only thing I'm banking on is that the fight is in the UK and that they'll screw N'Dou out of a victory. Then again, Hatton has lost in the UK before, but I'm just thinking because it's a "title" fight and Ricky Hatton has gained so much popularity in the recent years, I just can't see them NOT screwing N'Dou out of a victory. Thoughts?

I am thinking you have a point, but I would worry about Hatton getting stopped. I have seen Matthew fight before, but that was awhile back. I do not even remember anything really other than he was nothing special. Good luck with your decision.
salvador
I was thinking the same thing about Hatton - hometown, trainers/promoter know something about N'dou ect. But given how little I know about Hatton, at +230 there just isn't enough upside. I'd rather put the same money on Cotto at +220.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 12 2009, 12:53 PM) *
I am thinking you have a point, but I would worry about Hatton getting stopped. I have seen Matthew fight before, but that was awhile back. I do not even remember anything really other than he was nothing special. Good luck with your decision.

Yeah I thought about that which is why I asked. I don't remember N'dou as being a terribly hard puncher so I'm guessing that Hatton could at least go the distance. I'm just banking on the fact that it's a "championship" fight in the UK, so they'd be willing to screw N'dou out of a fair nod. But the odds are the way they are for a reason I'm guessing...
Snoop
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 12 2009, 01:16 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing about Hatton - hometown, trainers/promoter know something about N'dou ect. But given how little I know about Hatton, at +230 there just isn't enough upside. I'd rather put the same money on Cotto at +220.

I'm really thinking about putting money on Cotto just because for me it's pretty much a pick 'em fight but the odds are saying otherwise. After reading the many prediction threads, I'm beginning to be more confident in the pick too. It's just these rumors about the Cotto training camp that has got me worried.
salvador
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 12 2009, 09:40 AM) *
I'm really thinking about putting money on Cotto just because for me it's pretty much a pick 'em fight but the odds are saying otherwise. After reading the many prediction threads, I'm beginning to be more confident in the pick too. It's just these rumors about the Cotto training camp that has got me worried.

I've got it a pick'em fight as well. Basically it comes down to whether or not Cotto is able to land a few solid body shots early - if so, he'll probably get the ko - if not, he'll probably lose by a fairly lop-sided decision.

Either way, at +220 Cotto is the smart money bet.

And I find it hard to believe that Cotto has taken this fight lightly. If he was going to take one lightly, it would have been the Clottey fight. He has way too much to gain here by knocking Pac out.
Maxy
Matthew Hatton is cack.

He's been talking about how he had to leave Billy Graham because Graham was doing nothing for his career and he's been banging on about getting this "title shot" like he's actually fighting for a world crown.

Hopefully N'dou still has some motivation left in him and does a number on Hatton. Matthew Hatton has done absolutely nothing in his career and no judges will be needed. I hope.
Maxy
Close fight, drawn verdict given at the end.

Hate to say it cos I hate the bloke but Hatton edged it for me.
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 13 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Close fight, drawn verdict given at the end.

Hate to say it cos I hate the bloke but Hatton edged it for me.

They already fought? WTF?? What's the outcome?
Snoop
A fucking draw??? Are you fucking kidding me? Of all the shady decisions in the UK they couldn't pull another one for Hatton's brother?? That's fucked.
Maxy
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 13 2009, 09:01 PM) *
A fucking draw??? Are you fucking kidding me? Of all the shady decisions in the UK they couldn't pull another one for Hatton's brother?? That's fucked.

Yeah like I said the fight was close but Hatton was the busier fighter going into the last two rounds, which for me, just nicked it for him. They spoke about a rematch afterwards and N'dou said something about doing the fight in South Africa. Hatton replied, "If I can't get a decision here what chance have I got over there!?"
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Nov 14 2009, 10:42 AM) *
Yeah like I said the fight was close but Hatton was the busier fighter going into the last two rounds, which for me, just nicked it for him. They spoke about a rematch afterwards and N'dou said something about doing the fight in South Africa. Hatton replied,"If I can't get a decision here what chance have I got over there!?"

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.