Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JD!!!! YOU RAT BASTARD!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
TRU
Awaiting your rebuttal and will be awaiting your apology after the beatdown...

http://theboxingtruth.com/article.php?id=1216
JD
LOL

No worries...we will have a nice breakdown up for you.

As I said, mine will be shorter, sweeter, and more importantly - accurate.

thehype
laugh.gif

Good stuff.

That was no article though...that was a novel.

laugh.gif

Sorry Tru, but I think JD is gonna take ya on this one.

THE Pacquiao TKO4

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Douchebag
I'm going to have adimit eventhough I'm backing Cotto in this one, I only read half that article and clicked out of it. I got shit to do, man!
JD
Oh man...this is ugly, Chavez...sounds like even if you ended up correct (which you won't), people will still proclaim me the winner.
TRU
Hahahhahaha!!!!!

Never again will i write some shit like that again. I had a pounding headache after I was done with that thing.

I shoulda just wrote....:

Cotto smashes then suplexes Pac into bolivian being that Pac's recent wins are a complete farce...

Either way... SOMEBODY is gonna get hurt BADLY! I think Cotto should be the 2-1 favorite.
JD
Effort - A
Content - C
Conclusion - F
TRU
Your face... F!
JD
LOL...

I see some doubt creeping in.
TRU
Haha!

No doubt whatsoever my friend! Just wondering if i should bring more cash to bet on Cotto. That's the only dilmena you RAT FACE!
JD
If you feel your money is better suited for the sports book than yourself…by all means.
TRU
I agree...

Unlike so many that simply tout their picks... i put my money where my mouth is. Can you say the same...?

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.

Johnny B can vouch for me buhahahahahah
JD
If there is a fight with value...sure. Rarely...but sure.

The only value here is if you are convinced Cotto will win. You will still lose, but at least it was a good value.

No need for anyone to vouch for you, I can vouch for you.

With each post...I sense additional doubt.
Method
Yeah, I can vouch for this sick bastard. He gooched Hopkins in the Calzaghe fight. Johnny Chav is one of the ...no THEE only guy I know that would lay thousands on Calzaghe, and say he was rooting for Hopkins to win, and I know this because we lit it up in Vegas together, I watched him lay the cash, and we sat and watched the fight together (or rather fought falling asleep).

I would NEVER, no matter HOW little (and ESPECIALLY how big) the amount, lay money one way and root the other.

I'm w Chavez on this fight though. I believe that Miguel has been in there w bigger, better guys. I think/hope he takes Paq. Paq is on some pre-Hopkins Trinidad shit. I'm not a TRU believer.
TRU
That was a crazy ass trip Method man...

Hard Rock... Hopkins... then oblivian...
Snoop
After reading this article, it has convinced me to lay some money down on Cotto, simply for the fact that it is a good value bet. IMO this is a pick em fight and it's astounding how many people are so easily writing off Miguel Cotto. I'd have to admit that I was once like that too, but like Meth said, once I realized that Cotto has been in there with stronger punchers, and fighters with comparable speed i.e. Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, I don't see why he couldn't hang in there with Pac.
Method
TRU, remember our blond haired waitress at the HardRock, the one whose titties I sprayed w water, and you called me "a dick", she was the one on the REHAB reality show. the one that got engaged to the manager.

TRU
HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i remember that. Hilarious shit man. I remember your boy ordering that 3000 dollar bottle of champagne and u getting all pissed off that they gave us those gay ass champagne glasses to drink from...

Classic Method.
Method
Fucking champagne. What a waste. I got stuck w that bill too.
TRU
Jesus man... that was a nasty bill.

Nasty like Cotto gonna do Pac...
Snoop
I noticed the bet for Cotto dropped from +230 to +210. As the fight draws nearer, you guys think that margin will drop more?
TRU
It looks like online the Cotto backers have reared their heads while in Vegas it went the opposite way.

Manny was listed as high as -360 with Cotto at +290 earlier today.
Method
QUOTE (TRU @ Nov 12 2009, 04:44 PM) *
It looks like online the Cotto backers have reared their heads while in Vegas it went the opposite way.

Manny was listed as high as -360 with Cotto at +290 earlier today.

I took the steepest hockey odds tonight to build up the account to lay on Cotto tomorrow!

Chasin it, baby!
caneman
Pacman wins by TKO Method!
gbh32001
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 13 2009, 04:00 AM) *
After reading this article, it has convinced me to lay some money down on Cotto, simply for the fact that it is a good value bet. IMO this is a pick em fight and it's astounding how many people are so easily writing off Miguel Cotto. I'd have to admit that I was once like that too, but like Meth said, once I realized that Cotto has been in there with stronger punchers, and fighters with comparable speed i.e. Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, I don't see why he couldn't hang in there with Pac.
You put Pacquiao with Zab Judah and Shane at thesame sentence?Wait till Nov 15 and you can judge yourself the difference of a legend and a vagabond.
Method
That's why they fight the fights, Canedawg!

Well, everyone but Fairweath...I mean Mayweather.
Snoop
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 13 2009, 01:36 AM) *
You put Pacquiao with Zab Judah and Shane at thesame sentence?Wait till Nov 15 and you can judge yourself the difference of a legend and a vagabond.

In a sentence comparing their speed, yes. I would also put them in a sentence saying that all three were fighters, but you'd probably still be shocked since you don't bother reading.
Douchebag
Fuck JD, I thought you said yours was going to be shorter. LOL
JD
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 13 2009, 07:43 AM) *
Fuck JD, I thought you said yours was going to be shorter. LOL

LOL...it is. It's about half the length.
The CEO
You know what sucks, JD?....when you break a fight down that well....everything makin' perfect sense....but then almost the exact opposite happens...

Cotto TKO7.

grin.gif
salvador
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 12 2009, 06:42 PM) *
I took the steepest hockey odds tonight to build up the account to lay on Cotto tomorrow!

Chasin it, baby!

I go back and forth on this so much. It's so easy for me to see Pac outspeeding Cotto and almost making him look silly like DLH, but I keep thinking that one or two heavy counter left hooks to Pac's body early could define the fight.

But at +200, I can't help but believe that Cotto's the smart money (as was Marquez in the Pac fight and Clottey in the Cotto fight, so who the hell knows?). Anyway, I'm in for $100 at +210 and if the odds go back up above +250 (which I've never seen, just read about here) I'll lay another hundred on Cotto.
Method
Yeah, unfortunately I LOST that fucking Hockey bet. The fucking San Jose Sharks were -190, and up 2-0. Wound up losing 3-2 in an OT shoot-out. So much for juicing the accnt.

Chasin' it.

JD
The accurate version...

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6202.html

Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 13 2009, 10:01 AM) *

Damn, that was a freakin novel!

laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 13 2009, 10:39 AM) *
Damn, that was a freakin novel!

laugh.gif

LOL...and man, that was half of what Chavez wrote...
Method
Good write up as always, my man, but I think the BIG BIG question mark here, which boils down to a coin flip is, I think WAYYYYYY too many people are discounting the challenge Joshua Clottey posed, and attributing the toughness of that fight to Margarito too much. The reality of it is that Josh Clottey is tough for ANYONE. ANYONE. And was going to give Cotto all he could handle whether Cotto faced Margarito or not.

THAT said, I'd be a fool to discount Cotto's recent rhetoric of retirement, etc, as well as him dismissing El Gato from camp. So I have no fucking clue.

But I am gonna err on the side of past performances and resume, combined w skill sets. Fuck it. I think Paq will be every bit as strong, but he aint as strong as Marg, Clottey, and Cotto took hella punishment in both. Even if Manny does lay leather on him, will it be enough? As long as Cotto doesn't go "Tough Man" Fatton on Manny, he aint getting ko'd in the opening stanzas.

He just needs to be disciplined early, try and time Paq (which usually helps tame him), and then it may just come down to who is in better shape in the championship rounds.

Pretty excited for this fight.
salvador
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 13 2009, 11:41 AM) *
Good write up as always, my man, but I think the BIG BIG question mark here, which boils down to a coin flip is, I think WAYYYYYY too many people are discounting the challenge Joshua Clottey posed, and attributing the toughness of that fight to Margarito too much. The reality of it is that Josh Clottey is tough for ANYONE. ANYONE. And was going to give Cotto all he could handle whether Cotto faced Margarito or not.

He just needs to be disciplined early, try and time Paq (which usually helps tame him), and then it may just come down to who is in better shape in the championship rounds.

I totally agree about Clottey and I'd pick Clottey over Pac all day - Marg too - and probably Shane as well. Pac might make Cotto look silly with his speed (though I doubt it, as Judah was pretty damn fast and harder hitting as well), but he ain't gonna hurt Cotto with one shot. Pac, on the other hand, could easily lose this fight on one punch.

And as far as Cotto's timing of Pac, Cotto's jab has gotten pretty solid over the past few fights and I think if he pumps it out enough, he'll open Pac up for something serious - as Pac has NEVER been hit by a real hard hitting ww.
Method
Well Salvador, as much as Paq jumps in and out to throw, if Cotto can time him jumping in, he can put him the fuck to sleep.
Snoop
Dammit JD, you make a damn good argument that would lessen the confidence of any Cotto taker on the board.
TRU
Solid but a flawed analysis my student...
JD
We will find out on Saturday night.

salvador
Another thing that I think people are underestimating about Cotto is that he's very willing to throw punches in combinations behind his jab against guys like Mosley and Judah - really fast guys who could hurt him with one punch. And he's got the confidence of having taken shots from the baddest wws out there, whereas Pac got fairly tentative against JMM in the later rounds of their second fight.

It'll be really interesting to see how Pac responds to Cotto's combos in the middle rounds.

Method
Ahhhhhahahahahahahaha.

I love it.

The people whose opinions I respect most - TRU, JD, Hype, Cane, CEO, StreetLion, Salv...fuckin all of you guys in this thread, basically - split down the fucking middle.

As my man Ex say, "we both can't be right".
TRU
There can only be one... and that is ME FUCKERS!

There are clouds of smoke in the air, only a few can see through them my son...
salvador
I'm honored to be on that list Meth, and right back atcha.

And the thing that's really great about this fight is that we all will probably end up being right for at least a few rounds - cause it's all possible. Pac dominates early, Cotto brings it on in the middle to late rounds, someone goes to sleep late, or after 12 rounds of blood an immediate rematch is required.

There really isn't another sport that compares.
Method
I just don't like all the shit Hype's been feeding me from Cotto's camp. That's my only hang up. But fuck it.

As well as he timed Mosley (it really kind of "won" me over to respect his skills more, even though I thought the fight was a draw-ish type fight or could have gone to Shane by a point), the more I think about it, the more I really think Cotto will time Paq jumping in and put him down, just as much as I called the early KD of Joe Calz vs Ex.
TRU
It's tough not letting any insider training camp notes get in your head...that is for Damn sure.

However, if you found out about half the stuff that goes or for that matter doesn't go on in camp, you'd never bet anyone else other than Bernard hopkins.
Snoop
There's too many x-factors in either camp to make a straight, 100% confident pick IMO. I'd split the fight odds right down the middle, which is why I'm willing to lay some money on Cotto. It amazes me how easily fight fans are writing off Cotto. My guess it's due to the Pac-mania fever overtaking new boxing fans who don't know how to analyze his recent wins. The Cotto training camp rumors has me worried as well, but Cotto is time-tested at WW, while there's still too many question marks lingering at Pac's campaign at 147, that NOBODY can answer for us. I'm betting my money on that.
Method
Yup. Exactly, Snoop.
Snoop
Right now Cotto is at +215 on sites, up 5 from yesterday, but down 15 from two days ago. Anyone think these odds will increase?

I'm fairly new at this thing, so any advice is appreciated. My previous bets were only with Hopkins, who ALWAYS won me money btw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.