Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LHW title mess should get cleared up soon
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Taken from FightShit.com:

Jürgen Brähmer is now the full WBO light heavyweight world champion. Long-standing WBO 175lb world champion Zsolt Erdei has relinquished the belt to move up to cruiserweight to challenge WBC world champion Giaccobe Fragomeni on November 21st in Kiel, Germany. Brähmer is Universum Box-Promotion’s 33rd pro world champion.

Also, an opponent has been named for Brähmer’s first defense on December 19 in his hometown of Schwerin. The “Hundred Year Talent” will face unbeaten Russian Dmitry Sukhotsky (14-0, 9 KOs), the WBO-Europa titleholder and #10 in the WBO ratings.

“I am very glad that I’ve have finally reached my big goal to be a professional world champion,” stated Brähmer. “Of course, now I have to win on December 19th against Sukhotsky as an obligation to Zsolt. But with the title I am still far from the end. I would like to win convincingly in many good world championship fights and show that I deserve to carry this belt.“

Erdei commented, “I wish Jürgen a lot of fun and a lot of luck with the belt. He shouldn’t merely just lose it. Now I’m going to get the WBC belt of Mr. Fragomeni and become the first Hungarian boxer to win world titles in in two weight classes.“

Promoter Dietmar Pozawa added, “After nearly six years as a WBO world champion, Zsolt Erdei very much wanted his next fight to be another big highlight in his career. We worked on two title unifications, but unfortunately in each case the negotiations failed shortly before the end. Then the possibility came up for us to box for the WBC belt at cruiserweight. We sat down to a table with all involved parties and put together this great fight for Zsolt. In boxing history, not too many boxers have succeeded in becoming world champion in two weight classes!“

With Erdei moving to CW, the winner of Hopkins vs Dawson establishes a new legitimate champion @ 175 lbs...

E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 13 2009, 03:21 PM) *
Taken from FightShit.com:

With Erdei moving to CW, the winner of Hopkins vs Dawson establishes a new legitimate champion @ 175 lbs...

funny....hopkins vs dawson. lol I wouldn't be took quick to count roy out. I might be the only one going for roy in the hopkins fight but I think he has a better chance of beating chad than hopkins does
Nay_Sayer
No way does Roy beat Hopkins in 2010. He's too far gone while Hopkins has aged like fine wine....
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Nov 13 2009, 09:06 PM) *
No way does Roy beat Hopkins in 2010. He's too far gone while Hopkins has aged like fine wine....

I don't know I just rewatched the jones lacey fight and roy was swinging the whole time. He didn't gas out and the active fighter will beat bhop. I just don't see bhop landing anything
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Nov 13 2009, 08:21 PM) *
I don't know I just rewatched the jones lacey fight and roy was swinging the whole time. He didn't gas out and the active fighter will beat bhop. I just don't see bhop landing anything

Lacy is shot.

Has been for a while now.

Go rewatch the Jones Trinidad fight.

Jones was losing rounds early to a completely shot two year off overweight Tito.

Something is very wrong with that...
King Eugene
If Roy picks up his activity like he did against Lacy he will beat Hopkins. Hand speed gives Hopkins problems.
pacco_diablo
More than anything else I want to see Calzaghe vs Dawson.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Nov 14 2009, 12:34 AM) *
More than anything else I want to see Calzaghe vs Dawson.

I'm with you. Thats one we missed. I dont see Cal coming out of retirement... It would go a looong way legacy-wise if he did come out to face Dawson though...
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 14 2009, 02:23 AM) *
I'm with you. Thats one we missed. I dont see Cal coming out of retirement... It would go a looong way legacy-wise if he did come out to face Dawson though...

That would be interesting cause he'd make Chad fight for 3 minutes of each round and not let him fight in spurts. I'd still pick Chad to stop him though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.