Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Cotto vs. Pacquiao: Round by Round/Postfight (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
This thread is for the big fight tonight. Pacquiao vs. Cotto for the Welterweight Championship of the World! Please keep all comments in this thread. No Duplicate Threads or new spoiler threads are allowed.

NEW RULE: For all round-by round fights from now on:
Due to the increased problems of Internet piracy of Live fight streams and the illegal, security, and copyright concerns associated with these steams: NO LIVE PUBLIC STREAMS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE PUBLIC FORUMS FOR FIGHTS FROM NOW ON! STAFFERS WILL REMOVE ALL URL'S ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH STREAMS.

ANY LIVE FIGHT STREAMS FOUND BY USERS SHOULD ONLY BE SHARED THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGING OR INDIVIDUAL E-MAIL. ALL OTHER LINKS FOUND IN THREADS WILL BE REMOVED. NO EXCEPTIONS. For more details, please review the pinned up Forum/Rules and Suggestions Thread.

Thank you and enjoy the fight!

Jack

Administrator
AussieLad
Whilst i am picking cotto, i dont have a favourite from these 2. I wouldnt mind if either of them won. What i do hope is that the best fighter to be matched against floyd emerges victorious, and the win is impressive and free of controversy.

If one guy destroys the other emphatically, we can then watch PBF squirm for reasons to fight baldomirs 2nd cousins hair dresser
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 14 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Whilst i am picking cotto, i dont have a favourite from these 2. I wouldnt mind if either of them won. What i do hope is that the best fighter to be matched against floyd emerges victorious, and the win is impressive and free of controversy.

If one guy destroys the other emphatically, we can then watch PBF squirm for reasons to fight baldomirs 2nd cousins hair dresser

lol... that wasa good one aussielad... lol
JLUVBABY
allight guys the free undercard is getting started... lets hope they are good too....

hope you guys are in chat too...
JLUVBABY
just want to say too that for the money we are shelling out for these fights promoters should have been doing this... it should not have taken ufc to come up with this first... even the people thats not ordering the fight can catch these early prelim fights... the way it should be... big ups to top rank for this and i hope the others promoters take note... in all we should get a good 6 or 7 live fights tonight....
JLUVBABY
this is my first time hearing cotto had to lose 2 pounds before the weigh in.. anybody else know this?
kidbazooka1
As the fight nears I see Manny blowing Cotto out of there pretty fast possbily another 2nd rd KO.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ya know, when this fight was first announced, I thought Pacquiao would destroy Cotto. However, my opinion has changed over the last few weeks. I think this fight is going to be a disaster for Pacquiao. There's no secret that Pacquiao hasn't had tbe best camp. He's had turmoil in the camp with his advisor and strength coach, he's had to move locations numerous times, and he just didn't really have a smooth camp.

Cotto has had a smooth transfer with Joe Santiago, and he looks to be in tremendous shape. People say that Cotto will have a hard time with the speed, but lets not forget that the speed to Judah and Mosley couldn't get to him. Some have even mentioned that they think Mosley may be faster than Pacquiao. Cotto's jab will play a huge factor tonight. That jab and size advantage will give Cotto a huge advantage. However, if Cotto is damaged goods then this is irrelevant. Obviously, that's the one question that lingers for me. I thought Clottey beat him, and Margarito beat him up. I'm going to say that Cotto still has enough left to handle Pacquiao right now. The size advantage, and his jab will give Pacquiao trouble. I actually think now that Cotto is going to stop him late. We'll see what happens, I'm really hyped up for this event.
JLUVBABY
just watched a good lookin philipino prospect by the name of sonsona.. looks like as he progresses he will be fun to watch... im very interested to see the numbers on this fight atthe end of the day...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Nov 14 2009, 02:02 PM) *

Over/Under on how many minutes it takes for Floyd to throw out the "See I told you that *insert name of whoever loses* wasn't shit, and couldn't hang with me. He just lost. And you thought he'd give me a challenge?" line once the fight is over?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Nov 14 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Over/Under on how many minutes it takes for Floyd to throw out the "See I told you that *insert name of whoever loses* wasn't shit, and couldn't hang with me. He just lost. And you thought he'd give me a challenge?" line once the fight is over?

Amen!

And rest assured that if Cotto-Pacquiao is a classic war that takes its tool on both men. (Morales-Barrera series, Corrales-Castillo I, Ward-Gatti series) rest assured that Floyd will want NO PART of the winner or loser. I hope this fight breaks the one-million PPV's just to shut him up! If only Cotto and Pacquiao could have been on Floyd's promotion type shows like Dancing With The Stars or WWE. This fight could do a better draw than Mayweather-Marquez.

Jack
JLUVBABY
this santos foreman fight is not bad so far... tactical fight with santos down...
JLUVBABY
i hate the loose skin santos has on his sides...
JLUVBABY
damn foreman really hurt santos at the end of round 4.....
JLUVBABY
so far foreman is looking like a threat to p williams... never thought id say that... lol...
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 11:01 PM) *
so far foreman is looking like a threat to p williams... never thought id say that... lol...

Obviously you're joking.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *
Obviously you're joking.

i could see this foreman making a descent fight with williams..
JLUVBABY
williams needs opponents... if this continues the way its going i dont see why not make this fight... before this fight i wouldnt think santos would be getting whipped by foreman...
JLUVBABY
foreman is giving santos the blues....
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 11:06 PM) *
i could see this foreman making a descent fight with williams..

What are you talking about? Williams needs to fight Angulo, Kirkland, Pavlik and Abraham.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 14 2009, 09:22 PM) *
What are you talking about? Williams needs to fight Angulo, Kirkland, Pavlik and Abraham.

he wont be fighting kirkland for a while (from what i hear at least another 2 years or so) and angulo takes to many punches for williams style in my opinion... pavs not gonna fight him hence the martinez fight and abraham is 168 pounds... are you watching this fight?... foreman is a legit fight right now for williams... fighting the way he is tonight...
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 11:28 PM) *
he wont be fighting kirkland for a while (from what i hear at least another 2 years or so) and angulo takes to many punches for williams style in my opinion... pavs not gonna fight him hence the martinez fight and abraham is 168 pounds... are you watching this fight?... foreman is a legit fight right now for williams... fighting the way he is tonight...

I'd say Foreman is 70% of Cory Spinks legit. If I live another hundred years and I never see another Cory Spinks fight, I'll be just fine.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 14 2009, 09:31 PM) *
I'd say Foreman is 70% of Cory Spinks legit. If I live another hundred years and I never see another Cory Spinks fight, I'll be just fine.

thats on you salvador but foreman just beat the hell out of santos... im sure nobody picked that to happen...
JLUVBABY
yuri foreman defeats santos in a boxing clinic...
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 11:33 PM) *
thats on you salvador but foreman just beat the hell out of santos... im sure nobody picked that to happen...

I had Foreman by UD on the Fighthype prediction league. But I hear what you're saying about that being an unusual pick to the "man on the street" boxing fan.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 14 2009, 09:37 PM) *
I had Foreman by UD on the Fighthype prediction league. But I hear what you're saying about that being an unusual pick to the "man on the street" boxing fan.

from what i read on this forum not many people was picking foreman... i didnt pick foreman... santos is a solid fighter fighter but he looked old tonight... either old or just couldnt deal with foremans boxing skill one or the other...
JLUVBABY
how did that work for you keith?
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 11:41 PM) *
from what i read on this forum not many people was picking foreman... i didnt pick foreman... santos is a solid fighter fighter but he looked old tonight... either old or just couldnt deal with foremans boxing skill one or the other...

I'm just messin' with you a little. I picked Foreman because Santos is so inactive and 70% of Spinks is enough to beat an aging B level totally inactive fighter.

I just think Foreman is boring as hell and Williams - Angulo, Kirkland, Pavlik, and Abraham couldn't possibly miss. Williams-Foreman could miss big-time. That's all I'm sayin'.
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 10:43 PM) *
how did that work for you keith?

Site doesnt seem to exist anymore. I really appreciate you trying to help me out though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 14 2009, 09:45 PM) *
I'm just messin' with you a little. I picked Foreman because Santos is so inactive and 70% of Spinks is enough to beat an aging B level totally inactive fighter.

I just think Foreman is boring as hell and Williams - Angulo, Kirkland, Pavlik, and Abraham couldn't possibly miss. Williams-Foreman could miss big-time. That's all I'm sayin'.

i would pick williams but im just saying foreman is not the slouch maybe some including myself thought he was.... he showed some legit skills tonight...
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 14 2009, 11:47 PM) *
i would pick williams but im just saying foreman is not the slouch maybe some including myself thought he was.... he showed some legit skills tonight...

Fine, but of all the potential fights Williams has right now, is Foreman really on your top 10 list of guys for Paul to fight? Obviously a boxer would probably have the best chance to beat Williams, but Williams-Foreman would look like Froch-Dirrell for 12 long rounds - though Williams would obviously win on points by at least 9-3. Who the hell wants to see that?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 14 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Fine, but of all the potential fights Williams has right now, is Foreman really on your top 10 list of guys for Paul to fight? Obviously a boxer would probably have the best chance to beat Williams, but Williams-Foreman would look like Froch-Dirrell for 12 long rounds - though Williams would obviously win on points by at least 9-3. Who the hell wants to see that?

i wouldnt say williams foreman is my top pick im saying if the fight was made it would be a legit fight... foreman beat a solid opponent tonight...
JLUVBABY
chavez jr is a devastating ko waiting to happen... maybe not tonight but the second he steps up his comp his ass is grass...
torvix2000
Chavez Jr. is getting worse.
D-MARV
This may go down as the WORST PPV undercard of ALL Time!

salvador
I didn't like Merchant's questions for the fighters tonight (I wish they didn't have to do locker room interviews). He was trying to bring down both fighters. Bringing up Pac's fighter who is in a coma was a major bummer for Pac and bringing up the Marg fight was a bummer for Cotto. That was pretty weak on Merchant's part.

The CEO
Didn't like that either, Sal...and Merchant is my dude.

Here we go, boys....
torvix2000

salvador
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 15 2009, 12:35 AM) *
l...and Merchant is my dude.

#1 announcer in sports for my money.
torvix2000
torvix2000

torvix2000

Here we go.
JLUVBABY
damn im starting to think im glad i didnt get a sig bet... lol...
KookedKrack
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 15 2009, 12:16 AM) *
damn im starting to think im glad i didnt get a sig bet... lol...

cosign this .......manny is putting the beats on him.
Jack 1000
Can't see Floyd fighting Manny, because Manny now has shown the ability to hurt a natural powerful welterweight in Cotto. Too risky for Floyd.

Jack
JLUVBABY
imma say it now... pac beats mosely... not sure bout mayweather but probably may as well... this fights over...
Jack 1000
It sounds like there could be some big 10-8 rounds coming without knockdowns, if Manny is now putting the kind of hurt on Cotto like I am hearing.

Jack
caneman
Piller to post!
JLUVBABY
very solid win for pac.... i cant take nuthin away from the guy... he is beating the hell out of cotto... he needs to kill the catchweights at 147... hes for real at the weight...
JLUVBABY
wow....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.