Pages: 1, 2, 3
Snoop
Who gets it now?
Rivado
May wants nothing to do w/ Manny

Believe that!

Never gonna happen.
Douchebag
A busted up, mentally out of it Cotto was able to frustrate Manny late their fight by boxing. What is Floyd going to do if they fight?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 15 2009, 06:13 AM) *
A busted up, mentally out of it Cotto was able to frustrate Manny late their fight by boxing. What is Floyd going to do if they fight?

Run like the yellow bellied son of a bitch he is. Fuck Mayweather he is a zero.
Rivado
chat room fukkers!

let it out
caneman
I kinda hope Pacman says fuck PBoiF but he won't!
Rivado
Let's hope it happens until then Pac is the man to beat at WW
The CEO
Don't know and don't care.....

(thinks about drinkin' a Guinness in a public hot tub tomorrow)
kidbazooka1
Mayweather will not fight Manny especially after tonight. But if they did Manny all the way don't know if by KO or decision but Manny will reign supreme.
Rivado
PDF/PAC can be built up just a little more w/ PAC taking the winner of Mos/Berto. Pac TKO Berto 11.
Imperius3
I don't see how this fight can't happen! The two best fighters in the world, the "every-man" versus the "brash man". And of course all the demand and money. This fight could easily break the all time PPV record, sending it straight through the roof! It would be one of the greatest fights in the history of this great sport. It's really the next logical step for these men. Let's see it happen.
Lil-lightsout
Originally I thought Floyd would embarrass Pac. Now I think it would be competative, but I just think PBF would outslick him and frustrate Pac and win a fair decision. Cotto gets and got tired and that is a big no no against Pac who NEVER tires. Cotto had no right hands to hit Pac with, where Floyd would be hitting Pac up with his straight right hands. Remember what the skilled boxer JMM did to Pac. I just think Floyd has more weapons than Cotto did, enough to win a decision.

Also, I hate to admit it, but for some strange reason I would root for Floyd against Pac. Why??? dntknw.gif I can not stand Mayweather, but he is American and Pac is not and I can not stand Roach. I really just want Mosley to KO PBF and no one else.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 15 2009, 07:23 AM) *
Haha, like me. Never thought I would say it, but I would probably root for Mayweather laugh.gif

We've already book this one. What we're waiting for is for Gayweather to grow some balls so that CEO can have the FH Pacquiao-Gayweayter Sig Bet Thread! We two, will be the first ones... got booked before the thread is ever started.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 15 2009, 02:23 AM) *
Haha, like me. Never thought I would say it, but I would probably root for Mayweather laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wow!!! I thought for sure, besides the usual Floyd super fans here, I would be the only one rooting for Mayweather.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 15 2009, 02:30 AM) *
Don't worry, my name is already on the dotted line faggot. We are just waiting on Pacquiao-Mayweather to make it happen.

I see another "duck" coming. laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 15 2009, 02:32 AM) *
Unless Mayweather then fights some other top guys other than Pacquiao, get's a new personality and becomes a better human then I may like him.

Don't hold your breath.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 15 2009, 03:26 AM) *
We've already book this one. What we're waiting for is for Gayweather to grow some balls so that CEO can have the FH Pacquiao-Gayweayter Sig Bet Thread! We two, will be the first ones... got booked before the thread is ever started.

It ain't gonna happen Floyd will ask for 50 million that will be his way of punking out.

But if it did Manny will whoop him i am very confident about that.
The Original MrFactor
I would be shocked if Mayweather fights Pac... The steroids issue will be the reason...
Lil-lightsout
I think Mayweather will fight Pac, too much money. I do not see Floyd being scared of Pac at all. I am sure he respects him a lot, but Floyd KNOWS his style is different from Cotto's and he could give Pac fits. Who else is Floyd gonna fight??? This is the only logical one I can think of for PBF.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 15 2009, 07:31 AM) *
I see another "duck" coming. laugh.gif

LOL! I just hope it won't be Mayweather. Hahaha!!!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 15 2009, 02:57 AM) *
LOL! I just hope it won't be Mayweather. Hahaha!!!

laugh.gif !!! Good one.
xxxxxx
Lets just hope that both sides can agree on terms and make the fight happen.
torvix2000
If Floyd wants a really big payday he’s going to have to fight him next,” Mayweather Sr. said. “But if it was me, I wouldn’t fight him. Whether I could whip him or not, I wouldn’t fight him, because things ain’t right. I’m pretty sure that’s what it is.

LOL! This is new. The "steroids excuse"! Hahaha!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Who cares about Mayweather. Manny just had an impressive win, can't we savour that for a while and talk about Gayweather next week or something (or never?)
lloyd mayflower
I think Fraud Gayweather will take Pac to school and whip his arse up and down the ring.
basicjab

Most important is Floyd's speed but Pac is faster, also hits harder and tougher, so I take Pac to win probably by stoppage. To beat Pac Floyd either needs to be able to hurt Pac or be faster and he can do neither.
frankypc
Cotto showed you could control Pac with a good jab without trading shots continualy with him. I think that's exactly what Mayweather will do. Jab him to death and land the ocasional right hand. He will box doing those small steps back and jabing him to death and then move to the sides out of dangers way. (IMHOP)

Mayweather is so scared to get hit that he will do the gameplan perfectly jaja.
Snoop
I don't know who Mayweather would fight at this stage. He already said "no" to Mosley, Cotto is out of the question, Paul Williams (yeah right), Pac is the best bet. It would be his highest grossing fight (yes I think bigger than DLH) and he'd probably win it. If he doesn't take this fight, I'm done with Mayweather. For me he'd officially be a fraud.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 15 2009, 04:34 AM) *
If Floyd wants a really big payday he’s going to have to fight him next,” Mayweather Sr. said. “But if it was me, I wouldn’t fight him. Whether I could whip him or not, I wouldn’t fight him, because things ain’t right. I’m pretty sure that’s what it is.

LOL! This is new. The "steroids excuse"! Hahaha!

Told you it was coming... Mayweather/Hatton II coming soon to a theater near you... That one will probably be signed by the end of the week...
Snoop
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 15 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Told you it was coming... Mayweather/Hatton II coming soon to a theater near you... That one will probably be signed by the end of the week...

I swear to beans bro, if Mayweather/Hatton II gets announced, I'm done with Mayweather, and I think the world will be too.
The Ring Dictator
IMO Pacquiao and Mayweather are the two most unique fighters out there today. It definitely going to be a very competitive fight when it happens but Mayweather got the skills and the boxing intelligence to win a UD. No doubt in my mind.
Keith
I would take Manny in this fight because he is......
torvix2000
What's up with CEO's and Keith's sigs. They contain gay Pacquiao pictures.
mexi-cutioner
Mayweather vs Pac will be more competitive than people think. It'll be similar to Castillo vs Mayweather with Mayweather winning a close UD in a competitive fight. After tonight, who do y'all think will recieve the lion's share of the purse (that is, if it weren't to be split 50/50). I remember the HBO commentators saying Pac-Cotto exceeded Mayweather-Marquez PPV buys by a huge margin...
Jack 1000
As much as I hate the little POS,

I think Mayweather beats Manny because he will be smart enough to avoid a war, and if he does that, he can keep Manny on the outside with his jab. Manny has the power that Mayweather doesn't have, but other things are about equal. Also taking into consideration that both Marquez fights were 50/50 splits as to who won between Juan and Manny, Floyd (fighting a smaller guy, what else is new) easily shut out Marquez who gave Pacquaio two very tough fights. The last time Mayweather was in a war, was Castillo I, and he is not going to risk that again. It is very, very doubtful that Mayweather will take any fight with someone who has a remote chance of beating him.

Like I said, Floyd will probably fight Cotto next, stop him in less rounds than Manny did and do a big rave about that. Floyd's EXCUSE for not fighting Pacquaio will be having to work with Arum again or some other bullshit. The scenario that I list above is what I believe will happen IF they meet. And Floyd will be such a little prick in negotiations. (60% purse, weight demands, and the risk of Floyd getting hurt WILL push this fight off the table.) If the fight does happen, I will take Mayweather by decision at 116-112 (twice) and 115-113. Remember, most believe that Cotto had a lot of mileage coming into the Pacquiao fight, (Very close decision wins against Mosley and Clottey, two fights I thought he lost by a point or two.) Mayweather, while my blood boils because I hate him so much hasn't had a fight making him damaged goods. That puts the percentages about 60%-40% in favor of Floyd should he and Manny ever fight.

So who beats Floyd or has the best chance? That would have to be someone at his natural weight, whom once again it is doubtful that he will never fight. That would be Shane Mosley or Paul Williams. (unless Shane gets Vernon Forrest legs again, than Floyd by a convincing decision.)

Jack
torvix2000
I have the feeling that Marquez's skills are uniquely tuned in to Pac's styles. Mayweather is no Marquez. When Marquez counters he releases 1-2-3-4 punch combo. I believe Pacquiao will outwork Mayweather en route to a UD/SD.
salvador
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 15 2009, 03:37 AM) *
I would be shocked if Mayweather fights Pac... The steroids issue will be the reason...

Floyd outpoints Pac with or without steroids and Floyd loves the idea of fighting a smaller man. He'll take the money all day. It'll be interesting because I'll bet the Cotto-Pac fight did 1.5MM PPV and Floyd is going to have to take 50% or possibly less, but he'll take it because it's a huge, very winnable fight for him that will shut all his critics up.

That said, I'm a little shocked that the steroids issue hasn't been brought up more with Pac. For a guy who started at 112, his body doesn't look even a little natural. And the way he took those shots from Cotto, it was almost as if someone injected the roids directly into Pac's neck.
caneman
QUOTE (salvador @ Nov 15 2009, 09:21 AM) *
Floyd outpoints Pac with or without steroids and Floyd loves the idea of fighting a smaller man. He'll take the money all day. It'll be interesting because I'll bet the Cotto-Pac fight did 1.5MM PPV and Floyd is going to have to take 50% or possibly less, but he'll take it because it's a huge, very winnable fight for him that will shut all his critics up.

That said, I'm a little shocked that the steroids issue hasn't been brought up more with Pac. For a guy who started at 112, his body doesn't look even a little natural. And the way he took those shots from Cotto, it was almost as if someone injected the roids directly into Pac's neck.

You are sounding bitter & silly bro...he took most punches so well cause Cotto could barely find him cleanly, Pac was off to the side to rip more power shots! Plus Pacman started @ 108! If you worked out 4-5 hours a day & took in 7000-8000 calories, you could be ripped too. Pacman don't need roids, just those hands & 50 lb balls he's got!
Keith
We discussed the ped issue with Pac a while back and it seemed at the time most posters believed he was all natural. You run the risk of being a "hater" if you suggest it could be a possibilty. I have stated before that I think he has used something, probably the hgh because there is no test for it. It surprises me that people seem unwilling to consider it. Here is a dude who has done something no one else has (7 division champ) and has done it rather convincingly. As he has moved up, Pac has looked more physically dominate against bigger guys then the little guys he used to fight. Its really strange. He seems to have more and more power going up when just about every other fighters power seems to diminish as they move up in weight class.

When no baseball player got a wiff of 60 homers for 30+ years and the all of a sudden it became fairly common to get close and then go past it, there were suspicions but the majority WANTED to believe it was true. It was fun and amazing to watch. Then we found out what common sense should of been telling us.... they were juiced.

Common sense is telling me something may be wrong.
salvador
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 15 2009, 10:30 AM) *
You are sounding bitter & silly bro...he took most punches so well cause Cotto could barely find him cleanly, Pac was off to the side to rip more power shots! Plus Pacman started @ 108! If you worked out 4-5 hours a day & took in 7000-8000 calories, you could be ripped too. Pacman don't need roids, just those hands & 50 lb balls he's got!

I'll accept "bitter" all day, but "silly" is a bit much.

Cotto landed some heavy shots and Pac took them extremely well - maybe it's the massive calorie intake and maybe it's not. But it seems to me that with the number of athletes who have tested positive for steroids (and been accused of steroids on this board) combined with Pac's unusually ripped physique and his shocking ability to get stronger/faster/and sturdier as he's moved so far up in weight would make him a natural candidate for speculation. Because there really is something highly unusual about his body's transformation.

I lost some money last night, but I'm fine with it because the performance was so incredible.
caneman
Well I sure don't think so...I personally see Pacman as a class guy that wouldn't cheat & does it to be the best & PROVE he is the best! I can't see him doing it & if Roach wouldn't want it to go down either! Just my opinion though for whatever it is worth!
BrutalBodyShots
Mayweather over Pacquiao without question. No hesitation in my pick.

Pacquiao has shown that he can have his ears boxed off. Marquez showed us this and Cotto actually had his moments as well. I really think that a jab is just about all it takes to neutralize Pacquiao. He at times looks clueless in there, despite all the progress he's made as a fighter. Cotto was also able to counter Pacquiao coming in a handful of times which got Pac's attention and slowed him down at least temporarily. Mayweather is probably 10X better at countering a guy coming in than Cotto, so I see him busting up Pacquiao a lot more and making him much more tentative.

Had Cotto had the discipline to use his jab and box the entire fight not only would he have gone the distance, but it would have been a relatively close fight. Pacquiao probably would have still taken it on points because of the knockdowns and getting the benefit of the doubt as the aggressor in the close rounds, but Cotto could have done much better. Maybe he just didn't have enough in the tank to do it. Mayweather is not only mentally able to stick to that game plan the entire 36 minutes, but physically he won't run low as Cotto tends to late in fights.

salvador
I hear what you're sayin' and I agree with you about Roach and Pac, but the extraordinary transformation of his body is hard to understand.

I think that Mosley is a total class act as well, but I happen to believe that he used steroids.
salvador
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 15 2009, 11:00 AM) *
Mayweather over Pacquiao without question. No hesitation in my pick.

I totally agree and if the odds are even remotely even, I'm betting the house on Floyd by decision.
Douchebag
Floyd's Jab is will have Manny head snapping back so hard his crown is going to hit his ass.

But even if Manny loses he will still be ranked higher than Floyd in the ATG.
Method
Mayweather makes Paq his BITCH, and I will wager the farm on it.
neophyte7
Pac rated over PBF all time even when May beats him??/

Not if Mayweather dominates him in the same fashion as he did Marquez or if he stretches him with a check hook when Pac lunges like he did Hatton. People need to realize that Pac has power but Cotto in my mind was chinny... Margarito is not and was not a guy with big power which is why Cotto was able to last in there getting pounded. PBF has underrated power, but the manner in which Pac tends to lunge could be his undoing against a sharp shooter like Mayweather. Floyd will have a considerable reach advantage as well.

Funny how in listening to commentators, Cotto gets credit for overcoming Chop Chop Corley and Judah, yet Mayweather gets nothing but criticism for even fighting these guys let alone beating the brakes off of these guys with ease???
salvador
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Nov 15 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Funny how in listening to commentators, Cotto gets credit for overcoming Chop Chop Corley and Judah, yet Mayweather gets nothing but criticism for even fighting these guys let alone beating the brakes off of these guys with ease???

Cotto mostly gets credit for fighting all the toughest guys in the division while Floyd gets criticized for ducking all the toughest guys in the division. And Cotto ko'd Judah whereas Floyd didn't even bother trying (after Floyd spewed all that shit about Judah doing the chicken dance).
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 15 2009, 10:32 AM) *
Mayweather makes Paq his BITCH, and I will wager the farm on it.

LOL!....get 'em, Meth!
Jack 1000
Pac rated over PBF all time even when May beats him?

If Floyd beats Manny, without controversy or incident, yes, he would be P4P #1 for current record and longevity. BUT Manny would still be number#1 for his progressive moving up in weight and winning more fights at a higher weight in great fashion doing more in a career by moving up in weight. Manny remember moves UP in weight to win fights. Floyd fights guys who are often at least a division to two divisions smaller than he is. So Floyd has to always be criticized for that.

OK what happens if Floyd beats Manny BUT say loses to Mosley and/or Williams? The point being that #1 P4P status often only holds attention where you are as good or as bad as your last fight. Keep that in mind!

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.