Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yuri Foreman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
What are your thoughts on the new 154 pound champion?

Alot of people find him pretty boring but I always thought he was a pretty good boxer and he just beat Santos who was a pretty good champion...
Fitz
I won some money on the Foreman and Pacquiao-Cotto to go over 9.5 rounds double so I was happy with that result, lol. Barely seen much on Foreman but saw him last night and he was impressive. He boxed well and he has a lot of bounce in his feet like the DLH of old. He used his jab well, boxed and the thing I liked about him is he knew when to turn aggressive. He would pour it on for a few combinations in spurts but didn't get over confident and knew what he had to do.
Doesn't have much power, but got Santos' attention on a few occasions. I liked what I saw.
kidbazooka1
Not a fan of Santos but it was so obviouse he came in in sh*tty ass shape had he taken this fight seriousley he would have beaten Foreman but hey thats his fault.

As for Yuri im not impressed at all. I read Roach was thinking about having Manny move up to fight him for a 8th title which would be an easy win for Manny but not sure how many would take that 8th title seriouse.
STEVENSKI
He seems a good enough fighter. No real pop but from what I saw yesterday he has very good shot selection & placement. Could become a very good middleweight in the fture.
uppercutking
That's my man from Gleasons Gym! Brooklyn Stand up! Yuri Formen is the real deal no shock that he won he is for real! It would not of mattered if Santos "Came in better shape" After P-will gives Martinez the Punishment then I want to see Yuri beat him next at his best weight and I will put money down that he'll beat martinez after P-will takes care of him at 160. His power is more than meets the eye, he has the ability to punch harder, not saying by any means that he is a pucher but he showed against Santos that power!
torvix2000
Foreman will be Pac's 8th title in another division. LOL! He's promoted by Arum, right?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (uppercutking @ Nov 16 2009, 09:09 AM) *
That's my man from Gleasons Gym! Brooklyn Stand up! Yuri Formen is the real deal no shock that he won he is for real! It would not of mattered if Santos "Came in better shape" After P-will gives Martinez the Punishment then I want to see Yuri beat him next at his best weight and I will put money down that he'll beat martinez after P-will takes care of him at 160. His power is more than meets the eye, he has the ability to punch harder, not saying by any means that he is a pucher but he showed against Santos that power!

Thats is good you are high on him. It is good to support your own Gym. I was reasonably impressed with him. He does not have much pop but he has placement & a well placed punch will knock you out as good as a bell ringer haymaker.
The CEO
Foreman is hungry and stepped it up against Santos like I thought he would...I like him...
Lil-lightsout
One thing I noticed about Foreman, besides his need to visit a tanning bed next time he's on a TV, he hit Santos with alot of right hands. But... I never seen him punch THROUGH his target, it's like he is not getting full extension with his right hand. His lack of KO's show's he could work on his power. Overall he fought a decent fight, though Santos obviously did not come in his best shape.
kidbazooka1
Im no fan of Santos whatsoever but I really believed one of the reasons he looked so bad was because of the horrible shape he was in that combined with the 18 month layoff and looking at Foremans record he thought he was gonna blow through him . He did managed to hurt and almost drop Foreman with that temple shot but other than that he was a dead man in there.

Don't get me wrong Foreman showed some skill but no freakin' way do i see him beating Martinez sh*t i'll be willing to bet Angulo would lay his as out after a couple of rds of getting outboxed.

Though i think Manny will target him for his 8th title which he will easly get if it's against him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.