Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Future Superfight Prediction Poll 2!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
Here we go again...

Floyd by TKO in the 9th round.
torvix2000
Pac TKO6 Gayweather.
streetlion1
As I said in another thread....it really pains me to say but I gotta go with Gayweather. There were a few times in the Pac-Cotto fight when Pacman slowed down a little and boxed and Cotto was easily tagging him. I think Gayweather would control the pace with his jab, defense, and movement....BUT... Manny is Manny so there will be times when he ruffles Floyds feathers. All in all I see Gayweather stopping Manny at some point.

There is a flip side to the coin though....I think back to the stategy ODLH used against Gayweather when he jabbed to get him on the defensive and was able to go to work on him. Now DLH had the size to impose himself like that but what if Manny was able to use the same stategy....because if he could he definitely has the speed to catch Gayweather. In the end though...skills pay the bills...I would have to go with great defense instead of great offense.

Gayweather WTKO.
The CEO
Yeah...let's try to keep the posts limited to formal predictions here....I don't wanna take away from my boy, snoopnick's, thread...you can go into detail over there...

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=24936
Romulus9
Pacquiao TKO 9

If research is done revealing that Pacquiao is a distant relative of Rocky Lockridge, Pacquiao KO 1.
Douchebag
Floyd by Decision. Floyd will not go for kill against Manny.
lloyd mayflower
Floyd SD
Snoop
I got Mayweather by Dec or late KO/TKO pending an possible breaking news. I can see Hype's prediction of a Pacquiao SD win due to Floyd's inactivity and the APPEARANCE of Pacquiao landing more shots (typical Bernard Hopkins syndrome), but I see the fight playing out like Ricky Hatton. An aggression fighter being broken down over the long haul.
Maxy
Mayweather points.
Lil-lightsout
Mayweather wins a close decision. Then there will be an immediate rematch.
PR316
Could go either way honestly.

I do favor Mayweather via close decision win but I could see Floyd possibly visiting the canvas on a flash knockdown in this fight plus the judges are sure to give Manny credit for his hyper aggression style.

Its the biggest fight in boxing right now.. The two best pound 4 pounders in the game today going at it. I could see it doing 3 million buys.
HaydelHammer
Floyd by 65-70% connect rate laugh.gif
Jack 1000
Oh man does it pain me to write this. Mayweather by close but unanimous decision in a tactical fight because he won't engage, knowing that he can't beat Manny in a brawl and Floyd is to full of himself to stand and trade. If it is a war, Manny wins, but Floyd won't allow it. The blockbuster fight will be a huge letdown because of this. Jab and run away the Mayweather way. Best chance for Manny to win is to be like Castillo the first fight, but Floyd won't allow that to happen. Manny will only have occasional success getting inside.

Never before in my entire boxing life would I love to be more wrong about a prediction and for Manny to give that little Gayfeather POS a beating like the last rounds of the Cotto fight. Could you imagine the screams of joy around the boxing world if Mayweather got KTFO? You thought Camacho getting the beating of his life against Chavez was good or the way that Barrera shut Hamed's mouth with his great performance! That is NOTHING compared to seeing Mayweather KO'd! It is the dream of my boxing life to see that happen! And Floyd knows that there are millions around the world who are waiting to see him lose badly!

Seriously, if Mayweather got KO'd cold, it could be the most memorable picture in boxing history along with Ali standing over Liston in their controversial rematch!

Jack
Snoop
PLEASE tell me we're gonna do a sig bet if this fight gets made.
salvador
Floyd by 8-4 type of decision.

But the more I think about this fight, the less likely I think it will happen before 2011. Floyd has every reason to take the fight, as it'll be a huge fight that will silence his detractors and he'll win it fairly easily (behind the scenes I'd bet he'd take 45%, as I'm sure the Cotto-Pac fight did at least 1.4MM PPV). The thing is that Arum is going to want to sqeeze as much money out of Pac as possible. Maybe a showcase fight in the Phillipines, maybe a fight with Bradley, and maybe even a fight with Judah at 140. There's no reason to rush Pac and leave all that money on the table, because he's huge now and all his PPVs will do a million + buys with or without a live body in front of him.

Floyd, on the other hand, doesn't have a lot of easy big money options.

Look for Arum to jerk Floyd around.
kidbazooka1
I see Mannys work rate being the main difference he'll hit Floyd on the elbows, shoulder, chest anywhere he can land and take a decision.
mrwigi
mayweather by 11th rd tko. he would do what he does in every fight.... to quote him directly....."take em in deep waters and drown em"... u can say manny wont get tired, but when your swinging and missing, not only will u get tired, but u will get frustrated... pac would take the first 2 maybe even 3 rds, but mayweather would take over and eventually ko the pac sensation...
Douchebag
If Mayweather didn't go for the kill against Marquez who was basically a dead man walking late in their bout, I don't see a scenario where he puts Manny away. Manny is to dangerous for that.
Spyder
Floyd UD
salvador
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 16 2009, 04:42 PM) *
If Mayweather didn't go for the kill against Marquez who was basically a dead man walking late in their bout, I don't see a scenario where he puts Manny away. Manny is to dangerous for that.

Exactly right.
Lil-lightsout
Another thing I have been thinking of that I have heard no mention of. His fight with JMM was after a looong layoff, I would imagine Floyd would be much sharper and more confident with all this time to prepare. I just see Floyd frustrating Manny to a competative unanimous decision. Though with Manny's speed and power, it will be interesting to see how Floyd reacts to getting hit. Cause he is going to get hit more than ever before.
Fitz
Floyd takes this one no doubt.
thehype
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 16 2009, 10:06 AM) *
Here we go again...

Floyd by TKO in the 9th round.

THE Pacquiao by CONTROVERSIAL Split Decision!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You better get on the train while you still can CEO. Floyd's delicate hands ain't stoppin' THE Pacquiao baby!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Once again, you all shall be in awe and bow down to THE Pacquiao!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And the legend of THE Pacquiao shall CONTINUE to grow!

MABUHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Slim Sweet
I've always said Mayweather on points but the idea of Pac winning a controversial decision based on relentless activity doesn't sound that far fetched to me either.

It goes to the cards either way.
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 16 2009, 11:58 PM) *
THE Pacquiao by CONTROVERSIAL Split Decision!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You better get on the train while you still can CEO. Floyd's delicate hands ain't stoppin' THE Pacquiao baby!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Once again, you all shall be in awe and bow down to THE Pacquiao!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And the legend of THE Pacquiao shall CONTINUE to grow!

MABUHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit!....THE Pacquiao and The Pinoys have gotten to our man, Hype, and brainwashed him....he's postin' and singin' THE Pacquiao's praises as if he were one of them...

maBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhay.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
torvix2000
The CEO
That you in the white jacket and tie, Cervix?

laugh.gif

Mayweather will STOP Pacquiao because Pacquiao WON'T STOP tryin' to win.
caneman
PBoiF 115-113 in a track meet!
torvix2000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 18 2009, 01:51 PM) *
That you in the white jacket and tie, Cervix?

LOL!

QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 18 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Mayweather will STOP Pacquiao because Pacquiao WON'T STOP tryin' to win.

LOL! Gayweather's hand will get broken in round 3. Then he'd be on his bike up to round 6 in which he'd get TKOed.
caneman
For the record I picked pac in the poll for the sake of wanting it to so damned bad! I5 love to see PBoiF try to fight/brawl pac and get scuffed and KTFO!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 18 2009, 02:01 PM) *
LOL!

LOL! Gayweather's hand will get broken in round 3. Then he'd be on his bike up to round 6 in which he'd get TKOed.

Nothing can ever really upset me more than a win fro Petty Boy Fraud, but your reaction when Pac gets beat like he stole somethin will be worth seeing
Jack 1000
I don't think Floyd is scared of Manny. I think he is scared of losing that O. His ego doesn't want him to take a tough fight. Think about this, knowing Floyd's personality, what would he do if he really got every bone in his body broken in a fight? Literally a brutal beating? Floyd needs attention and an audience to hype and jive the public with his delusional gab. Only it's not as they say a "gift of gab." It is self preservation "gab." Floyd MIGHT take a fight if he could get a 60% purse parity, options on a rematch, 2 of the three judges and the ref that he wants. But there will not be a Floyd Mayweather fight on 50/50 terms. Floyd thinks he's too good for that. There will be multi-millions on the table, maybe 50 million for each guy with the potential for a three million PPV closed-circuit record buy rate. But Floyd will not take the challenge of Manny (his toughest test since Castillo, seven YEARS ago) without 60% of the take AND he will demand rematch options. Under those conditions, Floyd might be able to accept a loss provided there is a rematch clause in the contract, and 60% of the fight is on his terms.

Too much who gets what political shit for the fight to happen in 2010, and that part will be all Floyd's shit. Maybe early 2011. You have to figure six months off for Manny, AT LEAST another 6-8 months of waiting game and politics.

The fight I think will happen, but not soon.

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 18 2009, 01:49 PM) *
I don't think Floyd is scared of Manny. I think he is scared of losing that O. His ego doesn't want him to take a tough fight. Think about this, knowing Floyd's personality, what would he do if he really got every bone in his body broken in a fight? Literally a brutal beating? Floyd needs attention and an audience to hype and jive the public with his delusional gab. Only it's not as they say a "gift of gab." It is self preservation "gab." Floyd MIGHT take a fight if he could get a 60% purse parity, options on a rematch, 2 of the three judges and the ref that he wants. But there will not be a Floyd Mayweather fight on 50/50 terms. Floyd thinks he's too good for that. There will be multi-millions on the table, maybe 50 million for each guy with the potential for a three million PPV closed-circuit record buy rate. But Floyd will not take the challenge of Manny (his toughest test since Castillo, seven YEARS ago) without 60% of the take AND he will demand rematch options. Under those conditions, Floyd might be able to accept a loss provided there is a rematch clause in the contract, and 60% of the fight is on his terms.

Too much who gets what political shit for the fight to happen in 2010, and that part will be all Floyd's shit. Maybe early 2011. You have to figure six months off for Manny, AT LEAST another 6-8 months of waiting game and politics.

The fight I think will happen, but not soon.

Jack

When has that ever happened in a boxing fight?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.