Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delusional Pacquiao Fans
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Snoop
UGGGHHHHHHH! I'm HATING this moment of glory for these mainstream Pacquiao fans. I'm getting emails in my inbox talking about how "I don't know boxing" because I went with Cotto in the fight. And keep in mind this is from people saying "Didn't Pacquiao beat Marquez TWICE when Marquez was in his prime?", and not in a real question type manner, but a throw-my-shit in your face type manner. I fucking HATE this right now.

Is anyone else getting UNDESERVED shit from friends, co-workers, family, who don't know jack about boxing, but are throwing around their weight just because they picked right?
BigG
Me....I was 50-50 on the fight but I picked Cotto out of emotion because I was rooting for him. I was the only one out of all my boys who was rooting for COtto and they all rubbed it in with texes, phone calls, posting on my wall in facebook. I want Manny to get a boxing lesson just to shut up his nuthuggers for a while.
lloyd mayflower
Iv caught it from guys who judge Pac on only the Hatton fight and have never seen Cotto. Its fuckin shit. Theres no point arguing with such people
Spyder
There's a lot of bitter, loser talk going on around here.

If you make a shitty pick, you gotta take your lumps...but you shouldn't be getting shook from mainstream fans. You know a lot more about the fight game then they've ever cared to learn. Next time, just ask them to name someone that Pac beat BEFORE Marquez...their silence is all that you need.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 16 2009, 09:37 PM) *
There's a lot of bitter, loser talk going on around here.

If you make a shitty pick, you gotta take your lumps...but you shouldn't be getting shook from mainstream fans. You know a lot more about the fight game then they've ever cared to learn. Next time, just ask them to name someone that Pac beat BEFORE Marquez...their silence is all that you need.

I take my lumps when it's back up by accurate analysis of the fight from knowledgeable fight fans. The picks were split before the fight, both sides having a good argument, so I don't consider it a "shitty pick", but when you got these mainstream fans swinging off Pacquiao's nuts, it get annoying.

But yeah, your approach is probably the best one.
rusty_trombone
Stop being a bitch and take it like a man. You deserve that shit for going against my horse
Snoop
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 16 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Stop being a bitch and take it like a man. You deserve that shit for going against my horse

LOL. Yes sir!
HaydelHammer
LOL same here....I finally pick a fight WRONG at my gym and now cotto was "my boy" got the old "what happened to your boy sat night?" all day sunday. lol wow.

I'm like "the same thing that will happen to your boy when floyd get hold of his a$$" .......blank stares...now i'm an a$$hole. Oh well...it's true.

went through this same sh*t years ago when Tito was MAULING mofo's...then people get out their a$$ saying he'd beat "my boy" Roy back then..sure OK.

If anything Tito better be glad that fight didn't happen back then or he would have gotten a worse beating than bernard gave him later.
PR316
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 16 2009, 08:19 PM) *
Me....I was 50-50 on the fight but I picked Cotto out of emotion because I was rooting for him. I was the only one out of all my boys who was rooting for COtto and they all rubbed it in with texes, phone calls, posting on my wall in facebook. I want Manny to get a boxing lesson just to shut up his nuthuggers for a while.

You should hit me up on Facebook Big G.
Fitz
I have about 4 friends all over Pacquiao's nuts. They don't know anything, but think they are experts because they pick Manny for every fight just based on Manny and not knowing a thing about their opponent.
I had one casual fan say something like he has never picked against Manny, but thinks he will lose this fight. I was like, what are you basing this on, do you even know who Cotto is?

laugh.gif
MSnow
I'm getting it. But only because I deserve it.

I'm like Bill Bellichik. Made a mistake.

Now I'll just study up so I can make another one... oh, wait, I'll do it now.

Kessler DESTROYS Ward. Ouchy KO.

Snow
Douchebag
Oh I'm getting it from all sides but it is what it is. I can't believe Cotto lost that shit. FUCK.
caneman
I have picked the wrong guy before and not long ago...shit happens meng. Many times it comes down to the shit you talked,yet part of that can be love for a.fighter that you back! I might have some of that when I pick pacman over PBoiF outta respect(not hugging)I am cool with getting my balls busted on a fighter I enjoy watching! Part of being a fan and backing your man!
gbh32001
Take it easy on them guys...They we're once like you are before. Boxing fans start at the village, then goes to town and know some locals that lead his way to the city and to the boxing world.
Snoop
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 16 2009, 10:48 PM) *
Take it easy on them guys...They we're once like you are before. Boxing fans start at the village, then goes to town and know some locals that lead his way to the city and to the boxing world.

Fuck that. I've never talked about anything like I knew about it unless I really did. These guys are just following the hype. These are like the MOFOs that try to tell you how to drive to the city when they don't got a damn license themselves.
gbh32001
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 17 2009, 06:54 AM) *
Fuck that. I've never talked about anything like I knew about it unless I really did. These guys are just following the hype. These are like the MOFOs that try to tell you how to drive to the city when they don't got a damn license themselves.
They will soon realize when someone pull them off in the sideline and ask their liscense to drive.
torvix2000
LOL!

Snoopnick, you deserve it. And those shit makes it more exciting. C'mon. Admit it. Adrenalin's flowin' in yah when you're getting the flaks.
Snoop
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:02 AM) *
LOL!

Snoopnick, you deserve it. And those shit makes it more exciting. C'mon. Admit it. Adrenalin's flowin' in yah when you're getting the flaks.

LOL. Most definitely. My hands were literally shaking when I opened that email from people saying "you don't know boxing!" I don't think I've been this emotional about a fight since Mayweather/Hatton. Makes it more exciting but can be emotionally draining if your man loses.
kidbazooka1
Every top fighter has those fans that don't know sh*t about the sport there just fans of one fighter. DLH had them Trinidad, Jones, Tyson, Chavez, Holyfield they all had them Manny being the first true great pinoy fighter since Villa you know his filipino fans were gonna come out by the loads but thats all part of the game.

Unlike some of his fans Manny is as humble as they come you would think a guy that has accomplished as much as he has would be calling himself the greatest and saying that he would desrtoy anyone yet you never here Manny say that he's always polite and speaks well of pretty much all his opponents.

I say we should appreciate him while we can because he is truly one special fighter.
torvix2000
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 17 2009, 01:05 AM) *
LOL. Most definitely. My hands were literally shaking when I opened that email from people saying "you don't know boxing!" I don't think I've been this emotional about a fight since Mayweather/Hatton. Makes it more exciting but can be emotionally draining if your man loses.

Take the anger and turn it into energy... you will need for Pac vs Mayweather.
Snoop
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:08 AM) *
Every top fighter has those fans that don't know sh*t about the sport there just fans of one fighter. DLH had them Trinidad, Jones, Tyson, Chavez, Holyfield they all had them Manny being the first true great pinoy fighter since Villa you know his filipino fans were gonna come out by the loads but thats all part of the game.

Unlike some of his fans Manny is as humble as they come you would think a guy that has accomplished as much as he has would be calling himself the greatest and saying that he would desrtoy anyone yet you never here Manny say that he's always polite and speaks well of pretty much all his opponents.

I say we should appreciate him while we can because he is truly one special fighter.

Great post.

I also respect Pacquiao's story. Coming up from nothing and being where he is today. And you're right, he's not cocky at all and is all business in the ring. Such a shame his nuthuggers have to be such fucking cunts.
The CEO
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Nov 16 2009, 03:14 PM) *
UGGGHHHHHHH! I'm HATING this moment of glory for these mainstream Pacquiao fans. I'm getting emails in my inbox talking about how "I don't know boxing" because I went with Cotto in the fight. And keep in mind this is from people saying "Didn't Pacquiao beat Marquez TWICE when Marquez was in his prime?", and not in a real question type manner, but a throw-my-shit in your face type manner. I fucking HATE this right now.

Is anyone else getting UNDESERVED shit from friends, co-workers, family, who don't know jack about boxing, but are throwing around their weight just because they picked right?

You said it right there, and you should tell that to them...that THEY "don't know SHIT about Boxin'"....and then school them with your memories of fights they don't even know existed...

These fighter fans, or "garbage fans" as I call them, probably thought De La Hoya was the best boxer in the world when Packy beat him...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 16 2009, 07:19 PM) *
These fighter fans, or "garbage fans" as I call them, probably thought De La Hoya was the best boxer in the world when Packy beat him...

LOL reminds me of that episode of 24/7 where Roger asked some cat from the gym who was the greatest Latin fighter of all time the guy answered DLH that was f*cking hilarious.
leonthegee
drain a fighter beat a fighter. the manny pacquiao story coming to theatres near u.
MarzB
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 16 2009, 08:35 PM) *
LOL reminds me of that episode of 24/7 where Roger asked some cat from the gym who was the greatest Latin fighter of all time the guy answered DLH that was f*cking hilarious.

Whats sad about that is "THAT GUY" was Nate Jones who was a boxer on the '96 Olympic team. You would think he of all people would know that.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 16 2009, 06:48 PM) *
drain a fighter beat a fighter. the manny pacquiao story coming to theatres near u.

i hate to say it but i dont think cotto was drained... pac showed to be the better fighter sat. night... i think he fought the wrong fight but he wasnt drained... and i would like to find an excuse for him but it wasnt his corner i dont think... when he gave up his jab it was all down hill... cotto lost... it is what it is...
leonthegee
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 16 2009, 07:17 PM) *
i hate to say it but i dont think cotto was drained... pac showed to be the better fighter sat. night... i think he fought the wrong fight but he wasnt drained... and i would like to find an excuse for him but it wasnt his corner i dont think... when he gave up his jab it was all down hill... cotto lost... it is what it is...

cotto was drained the eyes never lie. he had manny leaning on the ropes and wasnt turning on his punches. he wasnt digging with that left hook. he was gassed by the 4th round.
King Eugene
I ABSOLUTELY HATE BANDWAGON FANS!!!!!
cervix2000
MANNY MANNY MANNY MANNY...................................WAAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO
torvix2000
QUOTE (cervix2000 @ Nov 17 2009, 11:04 AM) *
MANNY MANNY MANNY MANNY...................................WAAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO

LOL!!! Hey, where's your sig?
cervix2000
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Nov 17 2009, 06:07 AM) *
LOL!!! Hey, where's your sig?

LOL!!! Where it always is. WAAAAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
torvix2000
QUOTE (cervix2000 @ Nov 17 2009, 11:06 AM) *
People talk about ducking. I challenge dominicbuilder and he never ever responded. LOL! Why is this? Scared? LOL!

QUOTE (cervix2000 @ Nov 17 2009, 11:24 AM) *
LOL!!! Where it always is. WAAAAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You may want to bump up your number of posts so that you will be eligible for the last huge SIG BETS. CEO doesn't accept those of "lower status". LOL!
STEVENSKI
WAAAAAAAWOOOOOOO
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 17 2009, 07:55 AM) *

And THIS is exactly what I'm referring to. Bandwagon fans. Mofos that jump on the train at the last possible fucking min, then want to strut around like they've been around for the whole ride. My problem isn't with Manny Pacquiao, shit, I used to be a HUGE Pacquiao fan, and deep down, probably still am. My problem is with ignorance, it's with arrogance, it's with arrogance being led by ignorance and people just being plain fucking stupid.

But let's be real. Unfortunately this is exactly what the sport needs. We NEED mainstream fans to keep the sport alive and damn, to be honest, it's ALOT more fun and interesting to talk shit at fights. LOL.
Douchebag
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 17 2009, 06:56 AM) *
WAAAAAAAWOOOOOOO

bandwagoner
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Nov 17 2009, 04:46 PM) *
bandwagoner

What do you mean I always said Manny is the goods I just hate his fans. WAAAAAAWOOOOO!

That is what the Pinoy chick was saying when I wanted to belt her on Sunday.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 17 2009, 02:55 AM) *

hey, who you got in pac-mayweather. I may have to treat your sig like a 14 year old boys gym sock again.
King Eugene
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Nov 17 2009, 08:10 PM) *
hey, who you got in pac-mayweather. I may have to treat your sig like a 14 year old boys gym sock again.

Floyd Money Mayweather Jr.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 17 2009, 11:44 AM) *
And THIS is exactly what I'm referring to. Bandwagon fans. Mofos that jump on the train at the last possible fucking min, then want to strut around like they've been around for the whole ride. My problem isn't with Manny Pacquiao, shit, I used to be a HUGE Pacquiao fan, and deep down, probably still am. My problem is with ignorance, it's with arrogance, it's with arrogance being led by ignorance and people just being plain fucking stupid.

But let's be real. Unfortunately this is exactly what the sport needs. We NEED mainstream fans to keep the sport alive and damn, to be honest, it's ALOT more fun and interesting to talk shit at fights. LOL.

Yea a friend of mine pissed me off this weekend. The only time she ever watches boxing is when around me. Going to call me talking about man your boy got his ass whipped. I'm like ok Ms. State The Obvious....STFU. Haven't talked to her since. laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 18 2009, 06:39 AM) *
Yea a friend of mine pissed me off this weekend. The only time she ever watches boxing is when around me. Going to call me talking about man your boy got his ass whipped. I'm like ok Ms. State The Obvious....STFU. Haven't talked to her since. laugh.gif

Yeah I got a bunch of Pinoy friends who are going around saying, "First boxer to win 7 titles in 7 weight classes!!" I just say, "Name 5 of the 7 fighters he beat to win those titles." Now they just avoid me. LOL.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 18 2009, 02:09 AM) *
Yeah I got a bunch of Pinoy friends who are going around saying, "First boxer to win 7 titles in 7 weight classes!!" I just say, "Name 5 of the 7 fighters he beat to win those titles." Now they just avoid me. LOL.

Hell I just ask people who did Manny fight before DLH and they are freaking clueless!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 18 2009, 02:38 AM) *
These are the messages I got during the fight from one friend:

When Manny dropped him, I get this first message and then they continue throughout and after the fight:

1. Fuck you
  2. Another spick another victory (mind you, I'm a latino, he isn't actually racist but it's banter and tries to get to me. We joke around like that)
  3. Seven weight classes manny the great
  4. Believe now. Give him credit. He is the best by a mile better than any of your favourites

I got this message about 30 minutes ago:
  1. two words pat, manny pacquiao!!!

Got this message 10 minutes ago:
  1. What a clinic on Sunday

LMAO...damn they are really fucking with you.

On facebook my status after the fight was "STFU in Advance!" laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 18 2009, 07:38 AM) *
These are the messages I got during the fight from one friend:

When Manny dropped him, I get this first message and then they continue throughout and after the fight:

1. Fuck you
  2. Another spick another victory (mind you, I'm a latino, he isn't actually racist but it's banter and tries to get to me. We joke around like that)
  3. Seven weight classes manny the great
  4. Believe now. Give him credit. He is the best by a mile better than any of your favourites

I got this message about 30 minutes ago:
  1. two words pat, manny pacquiao!!!

Got this message 10 minutes ago:
  1. What a clinic on Sunday

Well you deserved ever single on eof them. Especially message #1. LOL.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 06:51 AM) *
Well you deserved ever single on eof them. Especially message #1. LOL.

laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
Wish I had friends who would talk to me about boxing and not fucking UFC all the time.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 18 2009, 12:49 PM) *
Wish I had friends who would talk to me about boxing and not fucking UFC all the time.

I will put you in a kimura & choke you out!
caneman
LoL Roll.
WolfishPromistah
Manny's nut hugging fans, all love to them -- haha -- out of all the silliness they may often bring with annoying rants, do help to make boxing discussion fun, however also driving others insane.

They have so much to be happy about in their countryman, who represents such a positive spirit in this game. He's the type of guy whom we can immediately imagine, like Floyd Patterson, running over to see that the opponent is okay after a brutal KO, all respect to the conquered opponent's well being. Manny's a terrific guy, and with regard to his great sportsmanship and accomplishments, I extend encouragement to Pinoy people having every right to be proud. I think through all they express, they're just enjoying the fun, with part of the magic being like that in a sort of "Cinderella Man-style" movie. biggrin.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 08:02 AM) *
I will put you in a kimura & choke you out!

Haha, they don't even know what a kimura is.

They just ask 'did you see the UFC fight? So and so was smashing so and so in the face...'

Then I ask a boxing related question and they stare at me blank before saying 'Do you remember Prince Naseem? He was a cocky little fucker'.

Sigh.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 18 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Haha, they don't even know what a kimura is.

hence why they would choke you out with one laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.