Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV numbers for Pac vs Cotto?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
AussieLad
Does anyone know how many buys it did?

Interested to see what sort of negotiation leverage this fight gives or takes for pac, when it comes time to deal with floyd
STEVENSKI
I have read reports of 1.5+. If that is the case then 60/40 Pac is being generous to Mayweather.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 17 2009, 07:50 AM) *
I have read reports of 1.5+. If that is the case then 60/40 Pac is being generous to Mayweather.

Hell no! Cotto contributed a lot more to that fight than Marquez did to the Mayweather fight. Get the fuck out of here. 50/50
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 17 2009, 11:58 AM) *
Hell no! Cotto contributed a lot more to that fight than Marquez did to the Mayweather fight. Get the fuck out of here. 50/50

Sorry but according to that cuntfaced used tampax "Mmmmmmmmaaaarquezzzzz gggggot da hole of Mmmmmexxxxico behinnnnd himmmm" 50/50 my arsehole. It does not matter anyway. If we are being generous here & for the sake of argument we will be of the 1,000,000 buys JMM vs cuntface did cuntface was responsable for 750,000. Well if the Pac vs Cotto fight does do 1.5 thenit would be fair to say that Pac is responsable for 1,000,000 buys being that he is a more popular active fighter than Cotto. 60/40 or no deal. Pac has options cuntface does not. It is that simple.
caneman
I was talking to my buddy & I was guessing 1.5 million...I guess I could be wrong on PBoiF's drawing ability cause he did very good in his last 3 fights but before that, he was stuck on roughly 330-350 & the 350 is high. In fact he only did 340 vs Gatti which ain't bad but it's a far cry from top draws. I do believe that your partner does play a big part in your PPV buys & a great undercard will always help as well!

I see PBoiF thinking he is the draw will be asking for the 60-40 & of course blame it all on Arum cause he is a hater, blah blah blah! I just hope the fight is made & Pacman smokes his ass!
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 17 2009, 08:14 AM) *
Sorry but according to that cuntfaced used tampax "Mmmmmmmmaaaarquezzzzz gggggot da hole of Mmmmmexxxxico behinnnnd himmmm" 50/50 my arsehole. It does not matter anyway. If we are being generous here & for the sake of argument we will be of the 1,000,000 buys JMM vs cuntface did cuntface was responsable for 750,000. Well if the Pac vs Cotto fight does do 1.5 thenit would be fair to say that Pac is responsable for 1,000,000 buys being that he is a more popular active fighter than Cotto. 60/40 or no deal. Pac has options cuntface does not. It is that simple.

Shittin me, they both have options. I think 50/50 is fair. Neither deserves more than the other. Who else can either one of those guys fight that can generate more money than fighting each other? They need each other to get the kind of money they both want. You'd have to be a fool to believe the whole he got the whole mexico behind him line unless you where just a casual fan. Manny potentially done those numbers with another huge draw and Floyd did those numbers with Marquez who is no where near a huge draw. Be real about it and put the hating aside for a moment. Nothing but 50/50 is fair.
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 17 2009, 05:14 AM) *

ofcourse u would say that. look at their 3 common opponents mayweathers numbers are better in all 3 fights. 60/40 is a joke u must not want to see this fight. like all pacquiao fans u dont want ur boy to fight floyd. just being in the p4p discussion is good enough for u guys. u know who the winner of that fights gonna be. a month ago all u bitches were screaming at floyd for not taking a 50/50 split now ur saying 60/40 pac. typical freakin hypocrites and ur the biggest bitch of all ski.
caneman
He is hater and not a bitch!
gbh32001
If Pac-Cotto generates morethan M1.2PPV buys @$54.95 , Pac deserves 55-45 to take the beating.
D-MARV
50-50 is fair regardless of the numbers!
Douchebag
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 17 2009, 08:11 AM) *
50-50 is fair regardless of the numbers!

for emphasis
Lil-lightsout
That would be great if they put Pac-May on free tv live. Could you imagine the numbers it would do???
Method
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Nov 17 2009, 12:49 PM) *
That would be great if they put Pac-May on free tv live. Could you imagine the numbers it would do???

We have a better chance of seeing God.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 17 2009, 12:51 PM) *

Sad, but true. LOL
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 17 2009, 12:51 PM) *

laugh.gif I know, I know. It was just a thought.
Maxy
For the sake of the fans these two have got to accept a 50/50 split.
Tha Docta
how many ppv buys would manny vs JMM do?? im guessing a hell of alot less than floyd vs jmm.
Nay_Sayer
If Cotto Pac does 1+ million PPV buys then 50/50 is a fair deal.

Whoever doesn't want to get down for 50% of the pie is taking the bitch route, IMO...
Tha Docta
pac will at least have to give floyd 55%. and im not so sure floyd would even take that. i dont think theres a chance in hell this fight gets made for 50-50.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Nov 17 2009, 03:26 PM) *
pac will at least have to give floyd 55%. and im not so sure floyd would even take that. i dont think theres a chance in hell this fight gets made for 50-50.

50-50 Pac has more options then floyd does right now.
Tha Docta
lets not act as if floyd doesnt have a shitload of options at his disposal either. i agree that 50-50 is the way to go. all im saying is that floyd will not make this fight for 50-50. he feels he is the bigger draw and will demand the larger share.
JD
When Pacquiao's fight against Cotto surpasses 1.5 million buys, it will change a lot.
Tha Docta
i dont think it will change a thing. floyd did very good ppv numbers with JMM. cotto is a much bigger name than JMM. i believe 50-50 is fair, but for this fight to be made, manny is gonna have to give him at least 55%. and im not even sure floyd would accept 55%. hed probably ask for a 70-30 split or some crazy shit like that.
JD
It will change the notion that Floyd can 60 / 40 or even 55 / 45.

Marquez fought Floyd on Mexican Independence day...even if we say Cotto is worth more than Marquez from a buy perspective, which he probably, it certainly ain't to the tune of an extra half mill.

I am curious to see total buys. My initial thought was 50 / 50 and get it done.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 17 2009, 04:35 PM) *
When Pacquiao's fight against Cotto surpasses 1.5 million buys, it will change a lot.

Why do you say it like that? You heard something?

That would be great!
Snoop
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 17 2009, 09:53 PM) *
Why do you say it like that? You heard something?

That would be great!

I think they said something about that on the broadcast last Saturday.
Snoop
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 17 2009, 05:02 PM) *
50/50 sounds fair to me.

Same here. Or do the 40-40 and the winner gets the 20%. The thing with Floyd is he has had one fight against a lightweight in the last two years. Where Pac has been pretty active taking on tough competition(on paper). That is why for me personally Floyd does not deserve the lions share outright. When was the last time Floyd faced a legit welterweight?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 17 2009, 06:06 PM) *
No denying that Manny has faced better competition but boxing doesn't always work like that because if that was the case, DLH wouldn't get the lions share in all of his fights either.
I think they have both proven they can sell, but I think Mayweather has the edge in selling power.

Very good point. Nice to hear other perspectives, and you are right sir.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 17 2009, 10:46 PM) *
It will change the notion that Floyd can 60 / 40 or even 55 / 45.

Marquez fought Floyd on Mexican Independence day...even if we say Cotto is worth more than Marquez from a buy perspective, which he probably, it certainly ain't to the tune of an extra half mill.

I am curious to see total buys. My initial thought was 50 / 50 and get it done.

Floyd was coming out of retirement as well. That curiosity would have generated buys.
rusty_trombone
There was alot of hubub about this fight, I think the numbers might be higher than 1.5. Maybe even approaching 2 million, people love the pac-man and cotto has a very good following in a lot of very large markets.
D-MARV
Im reading that the PPV did around 1.3 or 1.4!!!!

This is GREAT for Boxing... Floyd-Pac would generate 2.5!!!!!!!!!!!

caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 17 2009, 08:14 PM) *

Link? Source? friends.gif
True-Boxing-Fan
Fightnews.com just reported that the fight generated approximately 2 million buys. DAMN that is fucking awesome. PACMAN is the new ODLH when it come to generating numbers now. 55-45 in Pacs favor now.
D-MARV
2 million my ASS! Arum said it did south of 1.5. Steve Kim is reporting that.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 17 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Floyd was coming out of retirement as well. That curiosity would have generated buys.

Good point also. And... to be honest that fight was a very lackluster affair with Floyd laying back most of the fight with a severely overmatched foe. I honestly think that hurts him for next time, cause I would bet many would not pay that type of money to see him again(on his name alone). Now of course a fight WITH Pac would do huge numbers.
caneman
Good lord I can't wait to see the correct buys on this fight!

From Fightnews>>> Rey Colˇn of the ┤El Vocero┤ of Puerto Rico reported that the welterweight mega-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto generated approximately 2 million pay-per-view buys generating at least $120 million. No word on what Pacquiao┤s cut will be but Cotto was mentioned to be making at least $10 million minimum.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think 50/50 is fair. On the one hand Pacquiao-Cotto did better than PBF-JMM even though the latter had a better undercard. On the other hand, more people knew that Pacquiao-Cotto would be a better fight than PBF-JMM and yet both counterpunchers did extremely well. Even though either fighter could make the argument that they can generate more revenue than the other guy, there is too much money to be made off this fight and there would be an outcry if it didn't happen. So split the pot in half.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Nov 17 2009, 07:14 PM) *

bottom line is these guys are bringing boxing back to where it should be.. somewhere in the limelight of the sporting world... and as long as the promoters continue to at least put on descent fight cards to accompany the main events boxing will start to slowly rise up again... brings a smile to my face to see these numbers these two fighters have been generating...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Nov 17 2009, 08:10 PM) *
It's been reported that this fight did over 2 MILLIONS buys!!
This is the biggest & most important fight that can be made in the sport at this point in time, & would also become the biggest selling PPV of all time. I think this will be a fucking bitch of a fight to make (just like Jones-Hopkins II), & believe both fighters ego may prevent a fight signed any time soon, so to not put the fight in jeopardy & for the sake of the fans I feel 50/50 may be okay, but believe neither should be guaranteed the high purse. I believe 55/45 to the winner would be fair, which may also produce more hunger & determination for both which could make for a very interesting fight inside the ring.

you are so on the money... there shouldnt be a set split but a higher split for the winner than for the loser... thats the way it should be with any of these fights... thats fair and once that happens i thik we will start seeing better fights...
Spyder
There's just too much money involved for this fight to be stopped because of a purse split. Tyson-Lewis had HBO-Showtime agreeing to a split broadcast to make it happen.

The all mighty dollar trumps all, and HBO will end up kicking in enough cash to make both guys happy.

I don't think that the final split will be publicly announced...
Snoop
It seemed like Mayweather gave the greenlight the moment the fight ended and now is already shit talking to build up the fight. Pacquiao, otherwise meaning money, was the only reason Mayweather came back. He's not letting this one go.
STEVENSKI
If this fight did do 2M + then 65/35 is very fair for Mayweather.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 07:41 AM) *
If this fight did do 2M + then 65/35 is very fair for Mayweather.

I can't imagine Mayweather taking anything less than 50/50, regardless on what's fair. His ego is just too damn big.
King Eugene
It'll be either 50/50 or no fight. My question is whats Manny going to do about his vacation with his fam. Is Mayweather going to wait around that long? I'm guessing he will cause he wont pass up that kind of money.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 18 2009, 06:44 AM) *
I can't imagine Mayweather taking anything less than 50/50, regardless on what's fair. His ego is just too damn big.

Thats true but if the Pac vs Cotto fight cracked 2M then Mayweather would have to be happy with the short end of the stick. To me the best result is Pac fighting a ream fighter like Mosley. Someone who deserves a big fight & is teh recognised champion of 147. What does Cuntfeatures bring to the table?
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 03:33 AM) *
Thats true but if the Pac vs Cotto fight cracked 2M then Mayweather would have to be happy with the short end of the stick. To me the best result is Pac fighting a ream fighter like Mosley. Someone who deserves a big fight & is teh recognised champion of 147. What does Cuntfeatures bring to the table?

More money than Mosley!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 18 2009, 08:35 AM) *
More money than Mosley!

Cuntfeatures would demand more money thats for sure. Time will tell.

Cuntfeatures is not a champion at 147 is not P4P king & brings nothing of value to the table. That is a very homoerotic sig Eugene BTW.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 03:41 AM) *
Cuntfeatures would demand more money thats for sure. Time will tell.

Cuntfeatures is not a champion at 147 is not P4P king & brings nothing of value to the table. That is a very homoerotic sig Eugene BTW.

This fight would put an end to all the P4P talk. Fuck the belts at this point because its about the legacy and most importantly money when dealing with this fight. Besides Pac's WW belt has an asterisk beside it anyway.

Thanks for the sig compliment. Your avi was never funny either by the way so you really should take that bullshit down. Pacs sack up there would better suit you.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 18 2009, 07:47 AM) *
This fight would put an end to all the P4P talk. Fuck the belts at this point because its about the legacy and most importantly money when dealing with this fight. Besides Pac's WW belt has an asterisk beside it anyway.

Thanks for the sig compliment. Your avi was never funny either by the way so you really should take that bullshit down. Pacs sack up there would better suit you.

My avatar is a level of awesome that knows no boundries I don't lap Pac's smegma BTW. I just see him as being a far greater fighter than Cuntfeatures. Shane has the WBA belt so that brings that bit extra to the table what belt does Cunty have?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.