Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kessler vs. Ward: Preview and Poll
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This is a preview and poll for the WBA Supermiddleweight Title. Who Will Win? Vote and comment now!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Ward UD,

He has the hometown advantage and is the better boxer. Kessler will have his moments, just not enough of them.

Jack
Maxy
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 17 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Ward UD,

He has the hometown advantage and is the better boxer. Kessler will have his moments, just not enough of them.

Jack

Hometown advantage shouldn't play a part....I mean it never does does it?

yahoo.gif

War Froch!!!
The Original MrFactor
I am on the fence about this one. Ward is still a bit green. Kessler is still solid. He's really been in there with one top guy and he lost. The fights I've seen him in, he appears to be very fundemental with nothing special. Many times thats enough to get you by in athletics. Ask Tim Duncan. Not really an athletic guy, but he has gotten by on solid fundementals. Thats how I see
Kessler. You're not gonna dominate guys like Kessler or Duncan. Speed and athleticism outflash fundementals. However when you look back, the fundy guy is always still in the game doing what he does...

Ward appears to be more athletic in this case. I just dont see him as the "super athlete" that it takes to beat a solidly fundemental guy like Kessler. Going back to the Tim Duncan example. Tim is always gonna play Dwight Howard tough because he's solid. Howard may have the speed and flashy dunks, but at the end of the day Duncans fundementals, boxing out, positioning in the paint, passing out of double teams wins the game. Howard just looks great in losing. Ward isnt on Howards level of athleticism. He's more like Al Horford of the Hawks. We dont really know what we have with Ward. Shame to say that I know more of what Kessler brings to the table than Ward.

I'm picking Kessler by solid fundemental decision. We should find out more about both guys on Saturday night. Ward may get a fundemental beating...
lloyd mayflower
I picked Kessler by KO/TKO, probably cos i stared so long at the options and couldnt come up with an answer i just picked one. I sure as hell wont be betting on this one. Too close to call. Im very intrigued to see it, mostly due to CEO's unflinching confidence in Ward.

As a side note it will be intersting to hear from Stevenski and Fitz again if europe make it 3-0
caneman
I got Kessler by UD, about 8-4 and maybe 7-5! I think he will be too well balanced for Ward! I kinda wish I was wrong cause I like Ward!
caneman
I got Kessler by UD, about 8-4 and maybe 7-5! I think he will be too well balanced for Ward! I kinda wish I was wrong cause I like Ward!
Lil-lightsout
I have no idea who got this one. Ward does not impress me that much, and Kessler is a solid fighter. Ward looked better last time out, but he held way too much. I think it will be a close fight regarless who wins. My head tells me Kessler should win, but I my gut tells me Ward is going to take it to another level and win decisively.
The CEO
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 17 2009, 04:21 PM) *
I picked Kessler by KO/TKO, probably cos i stared so long at the options and couldnt come up with an answer i just picked one. I sure as hell wont be betting on this one. Too close to call. Im very intrigued to see it, mostly due to CEO's unflinching confidence in Ward.

As a side note it will be intersting to hear from Stevenski and Fitz again if europe make it 3-0

It's not really about my confidence in Ward, Lloyd...it's more about my confidence in matchups of this nature throughout The History Of Boxing...and about my confidence in how average Kessler is....

It was a similar thing with my Pacquiao over Hatton call....I was counting on Hatton being Hatton....as in....he was a highly rated EURO (keep that in mind)...Hatton was exactly who I knew he was...and that was proven against both Mayweather AND Pacquiao....who are tip top on a GLOBAL scale.

The following might sound repetitive, but I have to do it like this...

On one end here....you have a smart, athletically skilled, versatile, properly groomed, American Olympic Gold Medalist.....and on the other, you pretty much have another "High Level" guy on a Euro scale...

I'm not saying Ward's high on a Global scale yet...but 9 times out of 10, there's a big difference in Class between just a Top AMERICAN and a Top Euro...saying both are at or near their best....that's just the way it was, the way it is, and the way it always will be.....lol.....I know you may not like to hear that...but don't take it personal at all...as I have love for Scotland and The Scottish people...

Add in the fact that Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to another Top EURO (follow me?) 2 years ago...throwing away his prime....and the gap in Class becomes even more apparent...

Then....watch Kessler's and Ward's last fights, and you can see exactly who was rusty, slow, and wide and who was in good form...and their leagues are a mile apart now......but there's MORE...lol

THEN, you add in the fact that the fight's in Oakland, America.....remember Froch-Dirrell?...OUCH!....there's no way Kessler's gonna outbox or outadapt Ward....but there will be payback if necessary....all close decisions WILL go to Ward...so basically, the only way Kessler can win is if he stops Ward.....

but here's the kicker....

Ward's Pedigree and Boxing IQ won't allow him to get stopped....

Ward by Unanimous Decision...117-111.
rusty_trombone
I picked Ward to help my boy CEO out, coming off an off pick. I also picked Ward because america is the greatest is the greatest country in the history of the universe, ever. and european fighters are a bunch of bitches, get 'em CEO, go Team America!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 17 2009, 05:21 PM) *

Damn it caneman, this is America goddamnit, show some solidarity.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 17 2009, 11:28 PM) *
I know you may not like to hear that...but don't take it personal at all...as I have love for Scotland and The Scottish people...

Dont worry, i wont. As both me and Maxy have pointed out before, theres no such thing as euro pride. Half the countries in Europe have their axes to grind with eachother never mind anyone else, I just enjoy a good wind-up session!!
PR316
Kessler TKO 10..

I think it'll be tactical early but as it heats up, Kessler's power will be the difference.
King Eugene
Ward by UD. He's going to box this sucka's ears off and show Dirrell how its done. Kessler will barely lay a glove on him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 17 2009, 11:28 PM) *
It's not really about my confidence in Ward, Lloyd...it's more about my confidence in matchups of this nature throughout The History Of Boxing...and about my confidence in how average Kessler is....

It was a similar thing with my Pacquiao over Hatton call....I was counting on Hatton being Hatton....as in....he was a highly rated EURO (keep that in mind)...Hatton was exactly who I knew he was...and that was proven against both Mayweather AND Pacquiao....who are tip top on a GLOBAL scale.

The following might sound repetitive, but I have to do it like this...

On one end here....you have a smart, athletically skilled, versatile, properly groomed, American Olympic Gold Medalist.....and on the other, you pretty much have another "High Level" guy on a Euro scale...

I'm not saying Ward's high on a Global scale yet...but 9 times out of 10, there's a big difference in Class between just a Top AMERICAN and a Top Euro...saying both are at or near their best....that's just the way it was, the way it is, and the way it always will be.....lol.....I know you may not like to hear that...but don't take it personal at all...as I have love for Scotland and The Scottish people...

Add in the fact that Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to another Top EURO (follow me?) 2 years ago...throwing away his prime....and the gap in Class becomes even more apparent...

Then....watch Kessler's and Ward's last fights, and you can see exactly who was rusty, slow, and wide and who was in good form...and their leagues are a mile apart now......but there's MORE...lol

THEN, you add in the fact that the fight's in Oakland, America.....remember Froch-Dirrell?...OUCH!....there's no way Kessler's gonna outbox or outadapt Ward....but there will be payback if necessary....all close decisions WILL go to Ward...so basically, the only way Kessler can win is if he stops Ward.....

but here's the kicker....

Ward's Pedigree and Boxing IQ won't allow him to get stopped....

Ward by Unanimous Decision...117-111.

So feel like a avatar bet bitch?
The CEO
laugh.gif

Works like a charm...

Why yes, STEVENS....I feel like an Avatar AND Title bet....either agree to both, or it will be considered a duck.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 18 2009, 12:43 PM) *
laugh.gif

Works like a charm...

Why yes, STEVENS....I feel like an Avatar AND Title bet....either agree to both, or it will be considered a duck.

Done & done. One calander month? I know you want revenge & I am giving you your chance. I don't care about this fight anyways so here is your big chance. You lose this & you become VP not CEO LOL!
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 07:07 AM) *
Done & done. One calander month? I know you want revenge & I am giving you your chance. I don't care about this fight anyways so here is your big chance. You lose this & you become VP not CEO LOL!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

You don't have to lie....you care about who wins this fight BIG TIME....takin' away Sigs or money at stake, we both care 100% more than we cared about who won between Cotto and Pacquiao...

You want Kessler to beat Ward as much as I want Ward to beat Kessler.

I appreciate you givin' me my chance and all....but you shoulda quit while you were ahead....because now I make you pay and end up controlling 2/3 of your SPACE!

yes2.gif

P.S.~ Yes. 1 month. November 22nd-December 22nd.
Spyder
Wait a minute...

CEO...your sig is Stevenski's until December 16th...so IF you lose, your time in lock down would be EXTENDED a month. That means, that Stevenski will have complete control of your sig until January 16th, and your title will be his from November 22nd-December 22nd.

Them's the rules, bro.

NO MAN gets parole from Fighthype sig bets!!
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Nov 18 2009, 09:16 AM) *
Wait a minute...

CEO...your sig is Stevenski's until December 16th...so IF you lose, your time in lock down would be EXTENDED a month. That means, that Stevenski will have complete control of your sig until January 16th, and your title will be his from

Them's the rules, bro.

NO MAN gets parole from Fighthype sig bets!!

lol...I know you're fuckin' with me, but NO....these are separate bets and are for a month apiece...

I will be keeping my current Sig until December 16th....regardless of what happens with THIS fight.....THAT'S The Rules....

Whoever loses THIS Avatar AND Title bet will serve their time from November 22nd-December 22nd....
Spyder
laugh.gif

I actually missed the Avatar stipulation, and thought that you were trying to weasel your way out of your sig...lol

The Aussie's would probably fall for a trick like that...

laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
i voted ward... hes actually my favorite to win the whole thing tho abraham is looking like a beast as well.. but in this fight i feel kessler has success early but is figured out and ward boxes to a pretty strong decision...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Nov 18 2009, 03:23 PM) *
Whoever loses THIS Avatar AND Title bet will serve their time from November 22nd-December 22nd....

There is no "whoever" just a guy who is getting demoted from CEO to VP. Keep this up & you will make janitor by the new year!
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2009, 07:19 PM) *
There is no "whoever" just a guy who is getting demoted from CEO to VP. Keep this up & you will make janitor by the new year!

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Romulus9
Ward wins, and how easy it is comes as a surprise to many.
Maxy
I committed myself to a Kessler SD on the predictions league but in all honesty I'm starting to think Kessler stops Ward in spectacular fashion!
The CEO
STEVENSKI
Kessler looks good. Ward is gonna get smacked.
Imperius3
Kessler by a wide decision. Too much experience and power for the green chinny Ward.
The CEO
Heya, STEVENS old buddy....this is just a friendly reminder that you only have one more day of Punishment as MY BITCH... haha.gif

You can change your Avatar at 12:00 A.M., Australian Time, December 23rd.

Tell me what you want you want your new Title to be, and I'll take care of it tomorrow...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.