Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roberto Duran vs Diego Corrales
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
PR316
Would be an action fight but Duran would punish this guy badly down the stretch.

I think it starts off competitive with Corrales height and reach, hand speed, and two fisted power giving Duran what he wants. I think he stands a good chance of possibly hurting Duran but not enough to put him away. Duran with his head movement would continue to work his way inside and land the lefts and rights to the body not to mention the big right hand upstairs. Rough night for Corrales.

Duran KO 8
kidbazooka1
Corrales was one of my favorite fighters how can you not like the guy but Duran was something else. Corrales is not bum so he'll get his shots in but Duran was just better in every department.

Duran by scary KO in 5 but Chico would go out swinging.
PR316
I really don't think there's a lightweight I would pick over a prime Duran...

I think guys like Chavez, Mosley, Whitaker, Williams, De Jesus,(Beat him once) and yes PBV would give him fits but everyone else gets beaten I think.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 17 2009, 09:25 PM) *
I really don't think there's a lightweight I would pick over a prime Duran...

I think guys like Chavez, Mosley, Whitaker, Williams, De Jesus,(Beat him once) and yes PBV would give him fits but everyone else gets beaten I think.

I agree 100%.
JonnyBlaze
It's crazy you made this match up because somehow I thought about this one today while talking about both guys with a friend..It'd be a sweet fight but I think Duran would stop him..

Also,the best lightweight ever is Benny Leonard,who would of beaten Duran..
PR316
^^^Well I can't argue because I haven't seen much of Benny Leonard. I'll have to look him up.
Maxy
For the purpose of the post I've got Duran destroying Corrales in under 5 rounds. He was an animal and as brave and as good as Corrales was, he just wouldn't survive with Roberto.

For me Leonard, Duran and Whitaker are the 3 greatest lightweights ever. I honestly couldn't say who was the best of the 3 though.
kidbazooka1
I would pick Duran over Leonard and Whitaker.

STEVENSKI
Duran by brutal malicious beatdown. The only thing that would keep Corrales going is his incredible heart & Duran would take great pleasure in breaking him down & busting him up. 135lb Duran was a very bad mean man inside the ring. I love the guy for it.
Hittman25
Killer fight i think duran would get him and have him in trouble early but deigo always could weather the storm and keep going i dont think duran has the speed to put corrales away but its a super close fight but im gonna give it to deigo just cuz of his reach.....

Corrales by SD
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Dec 1 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Killer fight i think duran would get him and have him in trouble early but deigo always could weather the storm and keep going i dont think duran has the speed to put corrales away but its a super close fight but im gonna give it to deigo just cuz of his reach.....

Corrales by SD

WTF?

How old are you and how long have you been watching boxing for?

PR316
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Dec 2 2009, 02:38 AM) *

Corrales by SD

I take it that you haven't seen any film on a young Roberto Duran that TERRORIZED the lightweight division.

I recommend that you watch a few, particularly his fights against De Jesus(All 3 of them, including the one he lost), Buchanan, Lampkin, Viruet, and while your at it, you can watch his first fight against Sugar Ray Leonard at welterweight.

I think your opinion of Duran would change big time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.